[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which match made you fall in love with wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 994x1136px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 994x1136px
Which match made you fall in love with wrestling
>>
not a match but a event, I was anti-wrestling fag back in high school but went with a group of friends to watch WM 23 and fell in love with the sport.
>>
File: lvlhKvJ.gif (4MB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
lvlhKvJ.gif
4MB, 400x327px
>>
18+
>>
File: 1483726568510.jpg (48KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
1483726568510.jpg
48KB, 800x615px
random wcw episode from 98/99
>>
Hogan vs Rock
>>
File: tumblr_n8f59qxMBp1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg (336KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8f59qxMBp1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg
336KB, 1280x720px
seeing Sting beat the shit out of this shitter
>>
>>2123589
HBGay vs Undercarder HIAC
>>
Rey Mysterio vs spike dudley
>>
File: michaels-vs-angle-1424285766.jpg (51KB, 642x359px) Image search: [Google]
michaels-vs-angle-1424285766.jpg
51KB, 642x359px
>>2123589
>Would watch on and off randomly throughout 2003/2004
>Start watching consistently around the End of 2004/Beginning of 2005
>Wrestlemania 21 is the first PPV we got live (The rest I had to rent the DVDs for)
>Pic related

Only match that has topped that for me was this year's MOTY.
>>
Bork vs Angle

Iron Man match
>>
>>
Taker v Mankind Hell In A Cell
>>
>>2123589
rock vs booker t summerslam
>>
HHH Cactus Jack at Royal Rumble 2000
>>
>>
File: Dropkick.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dropkick.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>
The match/event I remember as me being hooked was Hot Rod vs the Mountie at RR 92.
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1auwxf_wrestlemania-20-shawn-michaels-vs-triple-h-vs-chris-benoit_sport

I was a casual fan who just watched with my big brother until this match, when he brought it home on a vhs and we watched it together.

I was hooked, never missed an episode after watching that, not until ~2007
>>
>>2124993
>vhs
Wasn't WM20 in 2004?
>>
>>2123589
I watched it a lot as a kid and didn't watch it for a decade+. Got back into it right before the Rumble Roman won, I thought the boos were hilarious at the time.

Match that got me into wrestling was Jericho vs Bray Wyatt in a steel cage on Raw. Match that made me fall in love to the point I knew I would never stop watching was Randy vs Seth at Wrestlemania. I subscribed to the Network to see Mania, and dove into the archives the night after.
>>
Triple H and Stone Cold vs Jericho and Benoit on Monday Night Raw. That was a fantastic match
>>
>>2125031
yup it's still the best Raw match ever
>>
Hogan Vs Savage at WrestleMania V

while not the greatest match like most of you seem to be stating I was a kid and watching this seemed like the greatest thing ever.

Watched Live btw
>>
A random Monday Night Raw from 1998 that ended with Austin and Taker fighting Mankind and Kane in HIAC. I remember the show went off the air while they were on top of the cage. Based as fuck.
>>
>>2123589
I have only been watching since the beginning of last year but my friend showed me Dean/HHH and it was so good that i just kept watching
>>
>>2123589
Kenny Omega vs kazuchika Okada
>>
Shane O Mac spot monkey matches
Mainly the ones with Big Show and Angle
>>
I kinda envy you niggers that remember everything. my memory sucks and i don't remember much unless they're SUPER highlights.
>some of you bring up matches from a certain PPV in a certain year and i'm flabbergasted
i don't even remember what happened on RAM or SDL this week. and i've probably watched every MMA fight (USA and JAP) since 2002 and remember like 5 of them.
>>
>>2124969
last recent moment t b h
>>
>>2125065
Wrestling was different back then, You could have the shittiest match but it was such a huge larger than life phenomenon that it was absolutely stunning to watch live
>>
I think HBK vs Brett is the first match I remember.. jose leclario and the hbk training promo, felt important

maybe the lead up to Kane vs Taker, or the Kane debut..
or the lead up to Taker vs Austin..

felt like... wow these guys are unstoppable this Is a huge deal..

of course Deadly Games was the best ppv ever for advancing story lines..
>>
>>2123589
DDP vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.