[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who in the WWE is capable of putting on a 6 star match? Hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 15

File: AJ_Styles_bio.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Styles_bio.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
Who in the WWE is capable of putting on a 6 star match?
Hard Mode: No Champ that runs the camp
>>
If they brought Stone Cold back he'd do it no problem

For a -6 star match hollycuck hulk chokin would be the guy there
>>
>>2122509
I know /asp/ doesn't want to hear it but one of the guys has to be Sami Zayn
>>
Kassius Ohno

>:P
>>
>>2122519
Actually, forgetting hard mode for a second:

AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn is our best shot. As long as it's in the Tokyo Dome
>>
AJ vs Zayn could be great, but I can't imagine it being that level.

I honestly don't think any 2 wrestlers in the company could do it even if they were given complete freedom
>>
Let Nakamura/Cena or Samoa Joe/Cena wrestle for 50 minutes.

You'd get 7 stars.
>>
>>2122509

I guarantee you that if Shinsuke Nakamura and Hideo Itami wrestled on one of those Japan tours the WWE occasionally does, Meltzer would give it 7 stars.
>>
>>2122509
Ziggler against Zayn
>>
>>2122564
I would pay dimes for either of those matches.
>>
Nakamura v Styles

Joe vs Styles

Either for the big belt

There's your WWE "6 star" match
>>
>>2122509
Neville

His carryjob against McDevitt in japan was the bollocks
>>
I'd love to see Itami vs Samoa Joe with both going full on strong style
>>
Fideo Salami vs Nakameme can put a 6stars match if they go all out
>>
if we could use any wrestler from any point in time then prime Kane vs AJ
>>
>>2122509
Sasha Banks and Bayley
>>
>>2122509
Motivated Brock vs AJ Styles.
>>
Omega
>>
Any match for the big gold of 45+ minutes involving 2 of the following:
- AJ
- Zayn
- Joe
- Nakamura
- Cena

Provided it would be well-booked and that they're not under any PG limitations.

Possibly Balor. I could also see Owens and Zayn pull it off.

Those tables in NJPW seem a lot sturdier than those WWE has.
>>
Someone with the will to win the crowd, to give the something they've never seen before
>>
In my opinion Roman Reigns has put on a bunch of at least 5.5 star matches but of course Meltzer doesn't agree.
>>
>>2122782
>but of course Meltzer doesn't agree
Nobody agrees

Roman is good, but he's barely on a Four-star level
>>
>>2122791
>but he's barely on a Four-star level
Pretty much. Vince's booking has put him in an impossible position with the crowd. Aside from that his moveset is too limited and he has no charisma.

15 year old trolling memelords can call him based all they want. But the fact is still that the crowd boo'd him while The Rock held up his hand. It's that bad.
>>
>>2122770
>>2122551
>>2122519
>>2122556
>Zayn

Why?
>>
>>2122821

He has the potential to put on great matches both from a storytelling and technical standpoint. Definitely not to the level of some of the others mentioned but he is still one of the better in ring talents in WWE when used right.
>>
>>2122824
Can't stand the fact that he is a smug muslim though

I can't like him ever.
>>
>>2122828

Well he can still job in a 6 star match to Christian BMAJ.
>>
>>2122828
>Most likable, massively over underdog
>He's a muslim so I don't like him
That's a you problem, friendo
>>
>>2122838
How is he even a Muslim? Isnt he a ginger Canadian?

>>2122835
true
>>
>>2122845
>Rami Sebei
>not a muslim
>>
>>2122821
He's one of the few guys who can sell, emote, and tell a story.
>>
>>2122865
He's got Syrian parents, yeah. I'm not too sure about him actually being Muslim though. Wikipedia cites it with a YouTube video of him wishing Arabic fans happy Ramadan, but they just got him to do it since he knows the language. There's Syrian Christians, and there's no way he'd skank to Skacore, enjoy the autobiography of a Trans frontwoman of a punk band and hang around women who walk around with that much skin exposed without exacting Allah's will. All of that shit is haram as fuck to those niggas.
>>
>>2122883
He literally has Arab writing on his pants
>>
>>2122883
> every single mudslime is a raving fanatic
What an american post
>>
>>2122892
Go away, Achmed. There are no german girls here for you to rape.
>>
>>2122883
He's a Muslim.

You're an idiot.
>>
Cesaro vs Nakamura
Cesaro vs Brock
Cesaro and Sheamus vs American Alpha vs Revival
>>
>>2122944
>Cesaro

HAHAHHHAHA
>>
>>2122951
Cesaro is the best wrestler in the WWE that isn't THE CHAMP THAT RUNS THE CAMP.

(And maybe Ohno.)
>>
>>2123004
That spinning shit needs to go. He is athletic and a great wrestler but I lose all my immersion when he does that corny nonsense.
>>
>>2122883
>All of that shit is haram as fuck to those niggas.

You seem to be under the provably wrong belief that there are no reformists or lgbt muslims.
>>
>>2123027
I hope you don't ever see a match with an Irish Whip.
>>
Sasha banks vs Charlotte in a 60 minute Iron women match would garner 6 stars
>>
>>2123044
At least its appealing to the eye getting whipped into the ropes and bouncing off. The spin just looks bad
>>
>>2123027
I honestly think it's a pretty good setup for the sharpshooter
>>
>>2123052
C'mon, son. Now you're just being silly. And desperate.
>>
>>2123059
In what way am I being desperate and silly?

Irish Whips are staples while the spin is a circus act. Atleast make an argument instead of spouting words that don't apply.
>>
>>2123064
Pretty sure the Giant Swing actually predates Irish Whips if we're playing that game.

>a Giant Swing, something you can actually do to somebody, is ridiculous
>oh but an Irish Whip is fine even though it's completely ludicrous and unrealistic
>>
>>2123068
Whip is fluid and visually appealing. Spin is just uneasy on the eyes given how set up and choreographed it looks
>>
>>2123071
>visually appealing

Literally just your opinion man.

>complaining about set up and choreographed
>DEFENDING THE FUCKING IRISH WHIP
>>
>>2123076
My opinion>Your opinion
>>
>>2123080
nah, see: >>2123053
>>
>>2122509
Give them a month to prepare and 40 minutes? Probably a lot of them.

20 minutes after months of 4 shows a week? None
>>
>>2122754
2002 or 2003 Brock?
>>
>>2122782
XD
>>
File: Neville_in_September_2016.jpg (18KB, 220x369px) Image search: [Google]
Neville_in_September_2016.jpg
18KB, 220x369px
Easy. Just give him a good storyline to hype up people and he'd even get you a 7 star match. He's perfect in the ring.
>>
>>2123145
Sorry lad can't hear you down there from the championship

Kek lost to Blackburn
>>
>>2123148
Same height as AJ Styles.
>height
>indicator of how good a wrestler somebody is
>>
>>2123148
Also, he'd basically wreck 90% of the roster in a shoot fight.
>>
>>2123153
>he thinks that's what I'm talking about

Thought you were a Geordie
>>
AJ Styles and Rollins

I think Joe and Ambrose could put on one if Joe was motivated and they let Ambrose go all out in a deathmatch
>>
>>2122567
Itami has shown in the past he can go balls to the wall for an hour so I'd say he could do it against the right guy and a motivated Nakamura is obviously good.
>>
>>2123115
Nah, the Brock from his three good matches - vs Cena 2012, vs Punk 2013 and the Royal Rumble triple threat in 2015.
>>
>>2123155
Neville isn't a shooter.

>lifting weights = better fighter

no
>>
>>2123163
I'm going to show my bias because KENTA was my favorite wrestler during the mid 2000's but I think he's the most slept on wrestler WWE has got. Dude has around forty 4+ star matches to his resume, with a bunch of 4.75s during the period Meltzer wasn't giving anyone 5 stars
>>
>>2122548
I mean you're not wrong
>>
>>2122889
Is it possible, friend, to be Arabic and not Muslim?
>>
>>2123051
It would garner fans putting a loading shotgun in their mouths and pulling the trigger.
>>
>>2123158
???

>>2123170
>implying that a guy who's been doing sports, martial arts included, all his life and built a strong, agile and flexible body wouldn't shoot the fuck out of 90% of the roster with ease
lul
>>
>>2123155
Enzo is a fucking cruiserweight to the max to be literally honest
>>
Ambrose/Rollins
Styles/Rollins
Styles/Balor
>>
>>2123245
>martial arts included

This is literally the first I've heard of it and Neville has been MY BOY since late 2013.
>>
>>2123249
There are several guys in WWE that should be in the CW division, tbqh.

>>2123258
I think he talked about it in that video where he was visiting his mum.
He basically did everything.
>>
>>2122838
>likable
That's where I think you're wrong. (Not him.)
>>
No AJ Styles is hard, because he's Meltzer's favorite WWE wrestler. Your best shot is honestly AJ/Neville because Meltz thinks they're the best guys in WWE, currently.

It's difficult because all the best guys for this are either babyfaces or are treated as babyfaces and WWE can't do a face/face match, it'd pretty much HAVE to be face/heel. Miz is the best pure heel in WWE and with the right partner, he could probably get 5, but not 6. The step right below Miz would be Lesnar when he gives a shit, Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens before the Universal Championship fucking killed him. Joe and Owens are great, but Lesnar brings an air of importance to the match, so let's assume we can get him to give a shit and take him.

With AJ, I'm just gonna say AJ/Lesnar, straight up. Without AJ, I'm gonna cheat a little bit and call it a fatal four way. Sami Zayn vs. Neville vs. Kevin Owens vs. Brock Lesnar. Lesnar can fly around being a stage hazard while the other three wrestle their balls off.
>>
Location's an important part of this, desu, depending on who your babyface is.

If it's AJ, get that shit to the Georgiadome.
If it's Sami, Bell Centre
If it's Neville, pack your fuckin' bags, we're goin' to Wembley.
>>
>>2122883
>this clueless sheltered neet
Holy fuck you're retarded.
>>
Paul Wight vs Shaquille O'neal
>>
File: 1475251102229.gif (1MB, 484x305px) Image search: [Google]
1475251102229.gif
1MB, 484x305px
>>2122569
>>
>>2123255
>memebrose
>6 star match
>>
Well whatever the matchup, it should take place in the Tokyodome. That's an automatic +1 star there for Meltzer
>>
>>2122509
Why are 6 star matches mostly based on wrestling ability these days?
There's no such thing as a 6 star AJ match with his medicore character/mic skill and the storylines he's been fed. HBK vs Flair or Austin vs The Rock are good examples of top tier matches even though they don't wrestle as well as AJ.
It's fake fights have some good soap opera and character to go with it, otherwise go watch real amateur wrestling.
>>
>>2123483
Wrong. Sumo Hall is what gives an extra star.
>>
File: CxKFRB4UsAA-FcU.jpg (45KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
CxKFRB4UsAA-FcU.jpg
45KB, 640x960px
>>2123155
This tbqh

He's basically the Clark Kent of the WWE
>>
>caring about meme stars from a weeaboo smark
>>
>>2122509
Zayn, Balor, Samoa Joe, Nakamura or Cena
>>
Anybody, if they do a tour in Japan.
>>
>>2122821
Zayn is a fantastic worker. His matches on NXT were excellent, especially the ones against Neville. He was good right when they brought him up too, but then they ruined him like everybody else.
>>
Ohno, Cesaro, Zayn, Styles, Neville, Nakamura with the right opponent on the largest stage possible while he gives a fuck, Hideo Itami is legit GOAT tier if he could just be himself and not become more JUST from wrestling NXT shitters and Kevin Owens because he's great for "big" moment spots but the shit inbetween he needs to be helped through, so with the right opponent could do it.
>>
Consider these for a second
>AJ Styles vs TJ Perkins
>Miz vs Charlotte (srsly, think about it)
>>
Finn, Zayn, Seth, Nakamura, Randy Orton if he's trying. They all have the potential.
>>
>>2123053

As a transition to the Sharpshooter, it's tolerable. It was actually pretty good as the set up for Kidd's (RIP in peace) missile dropkick when they were a team.

But the times he was doing it and we were supposed to take it seriously as a DEVASTATING MANEUVER on its own were utter goddamn cancer.

>>2123044
>>2123068

Irish Whips are an effective and almost necessary transitional move that keeps up or even quickens the pace of a match.

The Cesaro Swing is a forced meme that grinds everything to a halt and is absolute shit except in the above mentioned cases. And it's not ever that good of a transition into the Sharpshooter.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>2122573
>joey styles will never do the call for a joe-styles match
>>
Dean Ambros is the answer to this question.
>>
>>2122509
Cena - Rollins, 60 minute for the big gold in wmania
Rollins - AJ
Joe - Cena
>>
John Cena and Samoa Joe
>>
Seth Rollins, Cena, Cien Almas, Cesaro, Owens
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1273x774px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1273x774px
>>2122509
Roman Reigns and AJ already did that. Take out the deductions Meltzer took off for the constant McMahon restarting shit to get Shane and Steph over, and it's a 6 star match.
>>
>>2125517
lazy bait
>>
>>2125517
Roman is pretty good, but he's not even in the top ten of the company.
>>
>>2125482
>rollins
yeah okay pal
>>
>>2125523
Steve Austin called it one of the best matches he's ever seen

but a random fat smark knows more than one of the biggest draws in wrestling history right. fuck off, smark
>>
File: 1468191985791.gif (606KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1468191985791.gif
606KB, 500x363px
>>2122509
Remember, Metlzer adds emotional involvement and atmosphere in his ratings.

It would need to be a fantastic feud with fantastic workers both with fantastic builds in a loud as fuck arena or the Tokyo Dome.

We're looking at Styles vs actually trying Nakamura or Styles vs Zayn if Zayn could be built to be a credible contender.

Styles would also need to pull out the Spiral Tap in the match
>>
Balor vs AJ (vs Kenny if they have got him) at a Japan network special (in the Dome)
>>
>>2122564
God I wish, if Vince knows what's good for him, which doesn't, he'll make this happen.
>>
File: 1459929873451.jpg (88KB, 304x263px) Image search: [Google]
1459929873451.jpg
88KB, 304x263px
>>2122564
>Joe/Cena with the whole point of the match being Joe trying to make Cena tap, ignoring all pinfalls and submissions and trying to destroys Cena's decade long creed

This could work if Cena wound up tapping clean
>>
>>2125545
>and submission

Shit i'm more drunk than i thought
Of course Joe isn't going to ignore submissions in the match
>>
desu a Shield triple threat with proper build where you let all three guys look like badasses and let them go for a long time might do it.

The triple threat we got was good,but the build was just "look, if we don't do this now, we won't get to do it 'cause of the brand split. Also, Roman pissed hot, so he ain't here!" and it felt oddly...restrained? Like all three guys were holding back for most of it, and it just kinda ended out of nowhere with Roman hitting the Spear and then Dean cherrypicking for the win.

If you invested the time to get all three guys over and build it up properly, then just let them go balls out. It could be great.
>>
>>2125530
No, he said it was one of the best matches on WWE special in the past few years, which is damning with the faintest of praise.
>>
>>2125545
This could work if Joe does a promo shooting on John that he killed their friendship for fame and glory
>>
If WWE didn't care about lawsuits and told their performers to go all out, there would be plenty of 5 star WWE matches, possibly even a 6 star match or two.
>>
>>2125601
>actually thinking WWE gives a shit about the health of their employe-err, "independent contractors"

Z-PAK Z-PAK Z-PAK
>>
File: 8v4kQ14.jpg (82KB, 750x737px) Image search: [Google]
8v4kQ14.jpg
82KB, 750x737px
>>2122509

I believe any of the following, given the proper time, build-up, and card placement, could lead to a potential 6 star match:

>Nakamura vs Ohno
>Nakamura vs Itami
>Nakamura vs Cena
>Nakamura vs Cesaro
>Nakamura vs Owens
>Nakamura vs Rollins
>Nakamura vs Lesnar
>Nakamura vs Jericho
>Nakamura vs Zayn 2

And finally,

>Nakamura vs Bryan
pic related
>>
>>2125557
Shield triple threat main event at mania has gotta happen at some point.
>>
>>2125725
>should have been a mania main event
>they blew it off at some c-ppv

kek
>>
>>2125557
Didn't even make sense in the end: since Rollins & Reigns both stayed on RAM all they'd need to do is give Ambrose the Royal Rumble.
>>
>>2125727
They would have done it at 32 if Seth's knee didn't explode
>>
>>2125741
FUCK JASETHY
>>
>>2125727
In its defense, that wound up being basically the best main roster PPV of the year.

>>2125741
>We could've gotten a Shield Triple Threat and Undertaker vs. Sting or Cena and I dunno, Lesnar vs. AJ Styles.
Fuck you, injuries.
>>
>>2125741
>>2125742
Based Seth's knee not wanting to carry Dean & Roman in the main event only to have ROMAN WINS LOL while the 100K crowd dumps all over it.
>>
>>2125754
The crowd was cheering hard for Roman Reigns. I was there. Alvarez can back me up on this
>>
>>2125763
>Alvarez can back me up

That's proof enough that you're wrong.
>>
>>2125727
The original plan for WM 32 were Seth vs Haitch (with Haitch playing the face and Seth being heel lol), Ambrose vs Jericho, and Reigns vs Lesnar II.

There were never any plans for a Shield Triple threat at WM 32 despite it making all the sense in the world.
>>
>>2125763
The crowd booed him all match, cheered at the very end, then went right back to booing him the next night on Raw and every Raw and PPV after that until right now.
>>
>>2125770
But then who got to job to Reigns in the original plans?

>(with Haitch playing the face and Seth being heel lol)

I can see this making a kind of sense if the angle is Seth as cocky upstart putting down the grizzled veteran but there is no way that WWE could pull this off.
>>
>>2125770
Damn. Reigns vs Lesnar II would have been money and Seth vs Haitch makes way more sense than the rushed out of nowhere Roman vs Haitch feud. Anything deannety would have been shit so going from lesnar to jericho wouldn't have changed a thing.

>with Haitch playing the face and Seth being heel lol

Haitch did the same thing with Roman. Watch the promo package they played before the match. Tell me who's portrayed as the face in the video kek. what a scumbag
>>
>>2125532
>It would need to be a fantastic feud with fantastic workers both with fantastic builds in a loud as fuck arena or the Tokyo Dome.

So best bet would be Miz vs Bryan if he ever got medically cleared?
>>
>>2125803
The only way Miz is ever getting a 6 or even 5 star match is if there's a minus in front of it.

>>2125791
HHH vs. Reigns was getting built as soon as Rollins got injured.

>Reigns vs Lesnar II would have been money

kek good one
>>
Shouldn't a wrestler always be motivated?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 256x144px
>>2122509
>>
File: roman_reigns.0_zpsckyobcc6.jpg (81KB, 760x400px) Image search: [Google]
roman_reigns.0_zpsckyobcc6.jpg
81KB, 760x400px
>>2122509
>>
>>2123484
this
>>
>>2123758
Superman wishes he could fill the front of his trunks that well desu lad.
>>
>>2122548
This
>>
>>2123163
>Itami has shown in the past he can go balls to the wall for an hour

>Itami injured himself making this post
>>
>>2123255
Styles/Rollins or Styles/Balor would be God tier
>>
>>2123233
DELETE THIS!!!!!!YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE THIS POINT HERE!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEE!!!!!
>>
File: 1468009391628.jpg (24KB, 540x417px) Image search: [Google]
1468009391628.jpg
24KB, 540x417px
>>2127912
>>
>>2127147
Look at nakamura right now then look at Hideo Itami. No one remembers KENTA because he keeps on injuring himself against shitters. Nakamura is in give no fucks mode because his no fucks mode is still leagues better than most others and maintains his over-ness and buzz.

Money and miles mark.
>>
>>2123484
5 star matches aren't based on wrestling ability alone. Atmosphere, story told and build are all factors. Austin vs Bret is still the greatest match in WWE history because they mix these things with precise and effective looking wrestling.
>>
Nobody. There needs to be a good story to go with a match go get 6 stars, either in or outside the ring.

Wwe ain't about that shit anymore.
>>
>>2122782
your opinion is shit
>>
>>2125660
They might not but they certainly care about their image as a publicly traded company.
>>
>>2122782
I can't remember a single decent match this year in which Roman hasn't been carried.
>>
>>2123484
They aren't though. It often feels that way because you probably just watch the 5 star matches without their context. Not to mention that there have been 5 star matches with okay wrestling (Punk v Cena MITB) but with a fantastic storyline as well.
>>
>>2123484
>AJ Styles
>medicore character/mic skill

Your intelligence peaks at "medicore".
>>
>>2127147
Depends what you mean really, but should wrestlers really bother going all-out in every single match, including house shows in Who-Cares-Ville?
>>
>>2122509
Roman Reigns
>>
>>2122509
He already has a couple 6 star matches
>>
Omega / Nakamura will blow the roof off later this year. 7 stars for sure.
>>
>>2122514
Wat.
No.
>>
Ziggler vs Nakamura, given the right time and setting could easily pull it off.

Maybe Nakamura vs JeriGOAT as well.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.