[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer's Wrestle Kingdom 11 ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

File: 1280x720-Vzw.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Vzw.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>New Japan Rumble 1

>Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark 3

>Young Bucks (c) vs. RPG Vice 3.5

>Finlay/Ricochet/Kojima (c) vs. Bullet Club, CHAOS, LIJ 3, 1, 3.25 (he rated these in succession)

>Cody vs. Juice Robinson 2.75

>Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole 3.5

>GOD (c) vs. Ishii/Yano vs. Great Bash Heel 3.5

>KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi 4.5

>Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5

>Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.5

>Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega 6 FUCKEN STARS

"Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada may have put on the greatest match in pro wrestling history" - Dave Meltzer"

────────

Fun notes:

This is Okada's fifth five star match, third in the past year

This is Omega's sixth match over 4.75 in the past year

────────

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter 1/9/17

Subscribe at http://f4wonline.com

Remember these are just Dave's opinions, these are not fact. A good way to start discussion on the matches.
>>
How is Kenny so based, bros?

>Has MOTY with Naito at G1 then another ***** classic with Goto the literal night after
>Then has the greatest match of all time at Wrestle Kingdom
>>
>>2119400
It's depressing since he'll never win the big one because he's white.

As awesome as that match was, it was his peak as far as booking. He was the filler feud and Naito and Okada will now continue.
>>
>>2119405
AJ won the big one and he's white you retard
>>
>>2119405
Kenny might win it down the line, but he wasn't gonna beat the company at the biggest event of the year that's for sure. Also, other whites won the IGWP Heavyweight Championship before
>>
>>2119412
He won the belt in a "shocking moment" and then lost it to a guy who actually mattered in a match that actually mattered. By winning the big one I mean winning the match where it actually matters, like at Wrestlekingdom, not just the belt as a transitional champ.

I'm saying he's the best guy in the company but will never be a real top level guy because that's all Okada and Naito now and will be for the rest of his career there.
>>
>>2119405
White people have won the IWGP title

No white person has ever main evented the dome, which Kenny just did in addition to making it a 6 fucking star match

His reign will come, it's just a matter of it Naito's next one will come first (though best case scenario is Okada finally taking a break from the title scene and us getting a Naito vs Kenny feud for it)
>>
>>2119393
Based Cheeseburger carrying the whole New Japan Rumble to 1*
>>
Oh, WWE was so right letting Cody rotten in the midcard
>>
>>2119475
was cody pissed about being stuck in the midcard, or just being forced into the stardust gimmick?
>>
>>2119489
the startdust thing
>>
>KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi 4.5

>Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5

>Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.5

>Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega 6

How can any other wrestling event this year compete??
>>
>>2119393
>Never drew a dime
>>
>>2119443
>implying it wasn't Scott Norton
>>
How can he give 6 stars? I thought 5 was max. I fucking hate that autist.
>>
>>2119520
extra credit star
>>
>>2119520
"Everyone" is talking about Melz now, right?
Thats why!
>>
>>2119520
what a mark.
>>
>>2119405
If he's not in WWE, he's shit. He'll be a good wrestler, but that's it. He'll never surpass that.
>>
>>2119616
Imagine being enough of a babby mark to believe this.

>>2119436
AJ won it twice dumbass.

Brock Lesnar, Scott Norton, Vader...
>>
I am legit rustled. Omega vs Okada objectively wasn't even the best fucking match on the show, Naito vs Tanahashi was.

For all these people bitch about unsafe bullshit like chairshots to the head, and matches being worked like video games, they have no credibility if they're going to turn around and give Omega vs Okada 5+ stars.

AT LEAST a half star should be taken off for that fucking idiotic Dragon Suplex off the top rope that should have legit crippled both men, and didn't even end the fucking match. This doesn't touch on the other spot monkey bullshit, like Omega running at Okada like a gymnast runs at the vault for that table spot.
>>
>>2119824
>that should have legit crippled both men,

But it didn't.
>>
>>2119833
>But it didn't

But it should've.
>>
>>2119824
Kenny almost died in the table spot, where he hit his neck didn't break because it was metal.
>>
>>2119824
>Omega vs Okada objectively wasn't even the best fucking match on the show, Naito vs Tanahashi was.
This is true. But OMG BRUTAL SPOTZ wrestling is easier to convince the plebs they're watching something good. Hell I even think Shibata/Goto was a better match. Shibata didn't go full retard with the YOU HIT ME, I HIT YOU garbage and was actually pretty technical at times. It was also nice seeing Goto not choke for once.

I just really don't give a fuck about big, dangerous spots anymore. It doesn't impress me. Work a smart and intelligent match with compelling storytelling instead without having to potentially cripple yourself.
>>
>>2119824
No one is even talking about Naito vs. Tanahash though. That match was average at best.
>>
>>2119824
Seriously? Naito VS Tanahashi? I mean, I'm not gonna pretend that match was bad, but it was ok at best. The hell are you talking about?

Okada VS Omega took some time to build up, but when it got there, the crowd was completely down for it.
>>
>>2119824
Ok. I'll play ball and take half a star off MOTY even though I disagree with your reasoning.

5 1/2 stars it is. I disagree with a lot of his ratings but this was a fucking GOAT match. NEVER was better than the IC though
>>
I'm about to download WK11.

Who's doing the English commentary? Should I just do Jap?
>>
>>2119994
I watched it with English commentary, it's Corino and Kelly, they're awful.

Still a fantastic show even with them
>>
>>2119994
No matter which version you watch it will be good. I am interested on seeing when AXS tv shows the event next weekend if they have their own commentary over it.
>>
>>2119994
Do it with newlegacyinc's commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeY9MjdH58
>>
File: nose.gif (1024KB, 257x199px) Image search: [Google]
nose.gif
1024KB, 257x199px
>>2119529
>Fuck Melz 6 star.
>Just used to watch wwe
>Watch the match
mfw I love Melzer now.
>>
>>2119994
Japanese Commentary honestly adds to the experience in my opinion. You don't need to know a lick of Japanese to know that the announcers are losing their fucking minds.
>>
>>2119440
>No white person has ever main evented the dome

Brock did
>>
>six stars
>zero dimes

Fuck off back to /wew/, no one cares.
>>
>>2120086
....you honestly think Wrestlekingdom didn't make money? Why is this board filled with morons
>>
>>2120087
He's a WWE mark, anon. He's not that smart.
>>
>>2120068
>actually watching youtubers
get a clue pinhead
>>
>>2120096
No, you get a clue.
>>
>6 stars

Well earned.
>>
>>2120103
Damn straight
>>
>fucking murder yourself in order to get """""star ratings""""" from a middle aged weeaboo and internet fame
>don't even draw half the dimes of a WWE star after cutting one memorable promo

lel
>>
>>2119440

But Bob Sapp and Brock Lesnar both main evented Tokyo Dome shows..

and both against Shinsuke Nakamura
>>
>>2120148
Smarks, wewtists and redditors started watching the past few years
>>
>>2119393
Omega is a shining light to comedy wrestlers everywhere.
>>
>>2119824

>NAITO TOOK A TOP ROPE HFF ON THE OUTSIDE TO HIS FACE, THIS MEANS THE MATCH WAS BEST.

kill all marks.
>>
File: lol.jpg (12KB, 227x209px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
12KB, 227x209px
>watching outlel ""wrestling""
>>
The reason it got 6 stars wasn't just because of those dangerous spots. Dave literally said they could have taken out the table bump and the dragon suplex and he still would have given it that rating.

It was really about how the match started, progressed, and then ended and the story line of how deep Okada had to reach down to beat Kenny and how Kenny never hit his finisher. How Okada always managed to escape, how he hit an exhausted rainmaker that he knew Kenny would kick out of so he had to set up for a new one. How desperate and violent Kenny got with his knees to put Okada away.

Also keep in mind Dave didn't even get to watch it live cause he slept late, woke up to texts literally saying it was the best match ever, doubted it, then watched it and still said it might have been the best match ever.
>>
>>2119824
>tanahashi fags being THIS mad
>>
>>2120187
cringe
>>
>>2120193
Not him, but there's nothing cringeworthy about that post.
>>
>>2120201
cringe
>>
>>2120201
found the /wooo/tist
>>
>>2120187
Cringeworthy

>>2120201
Double cringe
>>
>>2120201
Not him but everything is cringy about that post
>>
I give it a 4, too long and too many hype spot
>>
>>2120187
>woke up to texts literally saying it was the best match ever
His friends are so fucking gay.
>>
>>2119824
Omega vs Okada > Shibata vs Goto > Naito vs Tanahashi
>>
>>2119393
Based Big Money Meltz knows it all.
>>
>>2120087
They couldn't even fill half of the building it took place in. That's not very good.
>>
how can WWEtty compete with this?
>>
WWE wouldn't be able to fill all of Tokyo Dome unless they literally put Wrestlemania in it.
>>
>>2120419
All WWE needs is Hogan and the Dome will be full of 60k Hulkamaniacs chink marks

Get a clue jabroni
>>
>>2120419
NJPW couldn't fill a bingo hall in the US
>>
>>2120434
We'll see in the summer when they come to the US for the G1 Climax
>>
>>2120437
I dont think anyone will see because outlaw wrestling is not a draw
>>
>>2120440
25k people is a draw by all standards except Wrestlemania standards.
>>
>>2120442
Bitch please WWE gets 25k people every Monday night. Ya outlaw kiddies are a joke.
>>
File: so.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
so.png
195KB, 510x346px
>>2120444
And Monday Night RAWs are a draw. It's why they've been going for a bazillion years. I don't see the contradiction.
>>
>>2120444
>25k people every monday night

pfft, they don't even get that many for ppvs that aren't the rumble or wrestlemania. Maybe Summerslam if it's hyped enough.
>>
>>2120444
Enjoy the shieldettys
>>
>>2120470
>>2120447
Outlaw promotions draw zero dimes this a proven fact. Only wrestling company that matters is multi billion dollar heaven WWE
>>
>>2120187
Bullshit, those spots help the match a lot... specially at that moment.
>>
>>2120419
NJPW couldn't even fill half of the Tokyo Dome with their Wrestlemania in it.
>>
>>2120419
No one in Japan watches WWE mate. It's a western kid thing only.
>>
Takes WWE a year to accumulate this much match quality that the Japs did in 1 night.
>>
>>2120481
>WWE
>Heaven

Sit down Mark.
>>
>>2120444
RAM doesn't even crack 20K.

The biggest non-WrestleMania show last year was Survivor Series and THAT didn't even get 20K.
>>
>>2119840
And you shouldn't have turned out a dumbshit...but you did.
>>
>>2119436
Maybe you should stop pretending you know what you're talking about, lad.
>>
>>2119854

I didn't even see that. All I saw was him fly maybe just a foot too far so, even though he broke the table, he rotated and slammed ass first onto the edge of the stage.

Every last vertebrae of that man has to be sore as fuck today
>>
>>2119393
Was the match actually that good? Like, if the exact same match happened on Raw would Meltz still be raving about it? This entire thing just reeks of a giant circle jerk to me.
>>
>>2119440

Scott Norton too
>>
>>2119861

>I just really don't give a fuck about big, dangerous spots anymore. It doesn't impress me. Work a smart and intelligent match with compelling storytelling instead without having to potentially cripple yourself.

This shit CAN be done right. Like in the first season of LU, where Angelico, Son of Havoc, and an injured Ivalisse defended the Trios Championships against Hernandez and two other Mexicans in a Ladder Match. They told the story of the champions essentially being outnumbered because Ivalisse was on one leg, so, with a few interruptions for a spurt of offense from one of the champions, the heels cut them off and beat them around the building. If one of the champions didn't just manage to interrupt the heels' attempt to climb the ladder, the heels were too confident in mocking and beating up the faces to climb the ladder and just win.

There was the requisite lucha flippyshit, but it was mostly standard, generally safe shit. Until, towards the end of the match, Angelico hit a missile drop kick off the balcony he was left for dead on earlier, into the goddamn ring to knock one of the heels off the ladder, and the crowd went fucking berserk for it.

It was built to throughout the match and then it happened, and it wasn't nearly as fucking suicidal as a Dragon Suplex from the top rope. Angelico basically stopped his momentum against the Mexican's arm, who had been bracing for it, and basically both just took back bumps.
>>
>>2120187

Those stupid spots SHOULD have taken off the star rating.
>>
>>2122033
forgot Josh Barnett
>>
>>2120209
>>2120208
>>2120203
>>2120207
SF
>>
>Story
Check
>characters
Check
>sports entertainment
Check

What more do you want, senpai?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.