[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BUILDING. NEW. STARS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1483437074498.png (1MB, 1348x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483437074498.png
1MB, 1348x750px
>the three biggest names in the Rumble are Goldberg (50), Brock Lesnar (39) and Chris Jericho (46)
>John Cena, already a 15 time world champion, will compete for the WWE Championship
>Roman Reigns, who has already accomplished nearly everything possible, will compete for the WWE Universal Championship
>Takeover will be main-evented by Nakamura (36) and Bobby Roode (39)
>in the next few weeks we'll get the returns of the Undertaker, Triple H and Big Show to build up to their respective matches at Wrestlemania
>there's also rumours of Shane McMahon wrestling at 'Mania
>soon we can expect the annual return of Vince to TV
>there's rumours of Kurt Angle returning to WWE as well

So what the fuck is going on here? Why is the WWE so completely incapable of creating new stars that in 2017 (the year of our lord and savour) they continue to rely on Attitude Era throwbacks in order to prop up ratings and attendance for big events? When will the WWE finally trust the current 'New Era' of talent to carry the product for the entire year and not just the 'down period' post-Mania?
>>
What young piss break wrestler do you want taking over?

The company is shit and ratings aren't coming back up any time soon.
>>
>>2110420
To be fair the last 4 world champions (Styles, Owens, Balor, Ambrose) are all first time WWE world champs. They're trying, they're just inept.
>>
All the millenial writers are shit at writing.So they have to go with these oldies.
>>
>>2110431
>blaming the writers

It's all Vince, who is at least 2 generations removed from being a "millennial".
>>
In terms of straight up viewership numbers WWE isn't anywhere near as popular as it used to be. Ironically it makes more money than ever due to it being more wide spread through the world, and the safer cleaner product ensuring much more sponsorship opportunities.

The trade off is that WWE has completely lost the casual audience. The same audience that gave them that Attitude Era boom. So every year at Mania now, it's become a thing to dip into that bag of Golden Oldies and bring some out to tempt back the casual fan, and it actually works.

The problem is though that in like 5 years, at least half the guys you listed will be retired. This can't last forever, and it's plainly obvious that WWE have no plan b.
>>
I think WWE can't build gimmicks and storylines. Look at Johnny Mundo and others in Lucha. Were vanilla flippies in WWE and are looking ME material in Lucha. Even Alberto was watchable. And in WWE you have stuff like Enzo, New Day and Titus.
>>
>>2110420
Industries change, remember when the app boom happened 2007-2011 and now there are only 10-11 apps on peoples phones.

Wrestling cannot rely on the "face of the company" title anymore. They also need to realize that

>John Cena and Roman Reigns are Post-Heels
>Heels are the new face
>TV Ratings don't matter
>>
>>2110476
The Major problem with WWE is that there is just a ridiculous amount of content in a week. They've come to a point of having PPVs 2 weeks apart. They split stories into Mainshow, WWE.com exclusive content, network shows. See the CWD, it's fragmented with 205 and Raw. A casual wouldn't want to invest in a storyline that requires me to watch a 3 hour show, then a 1 hour show on the network with exclusive WWE.com content.

Less is more which is why Broken Matt worked to some extent in all off it's overrated brilliance
>>
>>2110488
WWE was still awful back when RAW and Smackdown were only 2 hours each and there was only 1 PPV a month.

And bled out millions of viewers long before then.
>>
>>2110500
Not him, but: the good thing, at least, with RAW being 2 hours -- or, well, both shows being 2 hours -- is that they have to filter content.

With 3 hours, they have to stretch content or are desperate for content.

In essence, however, it doesn't matter if RAW is 1, 2, or 3 hours because the content, itself, isn't worthwhile.
>>
>>2110533
This is something I still don't understand though. People, including HHH say it's hard to write a 3 hour show, and I'm sure it is, but why do they insist on giving the cruiser weights 5 minute matches and expect them to get over, and then give Mick and Steph far, far to much air time? Not only do they give them far to much air time, but they also inject them into just about every story line. Then look at Smack Down. Bryan and Shane are barely in it. They might come out for a quick promo or to make a match but they don't get in the way at all.
>>
>>2110420
>there's also rumours of Shane McMahon wrestling at 'Mania
Please no more.
>>
>>2110541
>le I think raw and sd are written and managed by 2 different groups
>>
>>2110644
What a puny nothing shitpost.

Not only did he not say that, but claiming they're not written by different staff only strengthens his point.

Even if RAW got cut down an hour it would still be significantly worse than Smackdown.
>>
>>2110644
That's not even close to what I said you retard, but how WWE doesn't understand why one show is constantly outperforming the other and why angles are working on one show and not the other is ridiculous.
>>
>>2110420
Why did Jeircho say he was the third person to announce his entry? New Day already announced that all three of them would be in it.
>>
>>2110647
>>2110651
>le I think wwe is oblivious to what they're producing
>le they're all idiots and I'm the only one who sees the error in their ways
>>
>>2110480
>now there are only 10-11 apps on peoples phones.

dafuck you talking anon?
>>
>>2110541
>but why do they insist on giving the cruiser weights 5 minute matches and expect them to get over, and then give Mick and Steph far, far to much air time?

Because ratings. That's why! Cruiserweights do not draw.
>>
>>2110420
>Roman Reigns, who has already accomplished nearly everything possible
Carrying a major WWE title for more than 3 months. At this point he's just like Charlotte who is stat-padded with title numbers and not reigns (no pun intended).

HHH will also put over Jasethy at Wrestlemania and Goldberg is already giving the rub to Roman after putting over nobody in his wrestling career.

Chris has been putting over Seth and Roman during matches and literally carrying Owens segment after segment for months.

BMJ just cut a promo about Baron Corbin and literally laying down that he's Smackdown's inevitable future.
>>
>>2110420
>Redditcho
>big name
Hey Chris
>>
>>2110480
>>TV Ratings don't matter
Nearly 1/3 of WWE's revenue comes from the TV deal.

Ratings are still extremely important for them, but at the same time there can be some leeway for declining ratings as TV in general is getting less popular.
>>
>>2110848
OP BTFO
>>
>>2110420
How are you all still not getting it?

You don't really "build" stars, they are either over naturally or they are not.

The problem is no one with charisma is getting into the wrestling industry.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.