[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right? He got crowd reactions at the levels of Rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 14

File: occupyyes.gif (946KB, 399x200px) Image search: [Google]
occupyyes.gif
946KB, 399x200px
What went right?

He got crowd reactions at the levels of Rock and Austin.

Also Daniel Bryan crowd reaction gifs thread
>>
File: SEj3OoR_medium.gif (2MB, 380x169px) Image search: [Google]
SEj3OoR_medium.gif
2MB, 380x169px
GOAT
>>
File: tumblr_n3c0xeMDrp1rbj206o2_500.gif (997KB, 500x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3c0xeMDrp1rbj206o2_500.gif
997KB, 500x197px
super GOAT
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
Based GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsESZMBJhXw
>>
Bryan wasn't over, the Yes chant was.
>>
>>2105512

Overrated as a ring technician for his WWE run. The Miz has more wrestling moves in his WWE playbook.

He had charisma out of his ass though and the Yes chant probably most over chant of all time.

He had a good run all in all.
>>
>>2105527
Saw this coming from a mile away.
> le chant was over
Sure, nothing to do with the fact that Bryan is a great wrestler, huge babyface that people wanted to see succeed...

I guess the Rock wasn't over, only his catchphrases were, Stone Cold wasn't over, the sound of glass breaking was.
>>
File: 5.gif (2MB, 364x243px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
2MB, 364x243px
>>2105527
fedoramen jealous

look at those crowd reactions

not even Cena moved crowds that much, not even counting the boos
>>
Everything went right except for his concussions. There is no way to tell how good he could have been because he wasn't given the time.
>>
>>2105538
it's just fedoramen whining

he's butthurt forever because Bryan exposed WWE plans to make Roman the new Cena, turning him into a flop

also I have other gifs but they are over the 4 mb limit

Based Daniel Bryan is bigger than 4chan can handle

http://imgur.com/a/1a8Ke
>>
>>2105533
>Overrated as a ring technician for his WWE run. The Miz has more wrestling moves in his WWE playbook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_awards#Bryan_Danielson_Award_.28Best_Technical_Wrestler.29
>>
File: 8.gif (2MB, 400x157px) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
2MB, 400x157px
>>2105550
fuck off FedoRamen

stop using my name to get yourself over, I'll never be on your side

and just to humiliate you here's a special one

''Over as fuck'' trending on twitter thanks to Daniel Bryan

top that you stupid fedora tipping Roman cocksucker
>>
>>2105558
>fedoramen doesn't know what sarcasm is..

holy fuck you are dumb
>>
File: 9.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
9.gif
1MB, 320x180px
most over guy ever
>>
>>2105569
>everybody is one guy
>tips fedora
>>
>>2105512
He was probably the most over guy wwe has had since prime Austin and Rock. Yet for some reason Vince tried everything in his power to kill off Bryan's momentum. I still don't get why?
Because he got over own his own, and all reports say Vince hates that. Or the fact it wasn't his hand picked wrestler to be the face of the company Roman Reigns?
>>
>>2105575
(You) BTFO
>>
GOAT, how can he work so many people even after he retired.

also, SCSA wasn't over, the what chant was kekeke xd
>>
>>2105527
Then why don't they give it to Roman?
God knows he needs it.
>>
>What went right?
A lot went right, the only beef might have been that WWE overbooked the whole thing after dropping the ball at the Rumble but it wouldn't have lasted either way. Concussions or not Bryan isn't the guy to carry the WWE title for long. He's a little to reclusive, little to awkward, little to nerdy, he's the nice guy your mom wants you to grow up to be and Vince has a pretty long history, with a few exceptions of putting the belt on cocky ass kickers that dad's want to see.

However if the concussions wouldn't have happened we'd probably have a fucking fantastic feud between AJ and Bryan for the SD belt right now.
>>
>>2105572
18+
>>
File: YESYESYES3.jpg (252KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
YESYESYES3.jpg
252KB, 704x400px
I don't remember the crowd so filled with signs since Austin and Rock honestly
>>
>>2105512
Contagious chant (fucking fandango beat Jericho at mania for this reason) coupled with the unlikable roster he was in that made him stand out.
Irrelevant before the chant caught on.
Happened to CM Brookes before le scripted pipebomb.

Smarks doing whatever they can to get their indie shitters over helped, and casuals generally join in the cheers and boos at live events.
>>
>>2105601
>Contagious chant (fucking fandango beat Jericho at mania for this reason)

Fandangoing happened literally the night after that win
>>
>>2105589
>FedoRamen stalker is Carter who is a kid from roblox

FedoRamen losing his mind again

Rofl

You are Carter's best buddy.
>>
>>2105524
>"And Triple H has got to be SEETHING"
based Cole
>>
>>2105604
why did WWE drop the ball with Fandango anyway?

he had a gimmick, he was over, he's tall and has the looks

he even made Eva Marie wet..
>>
>>2105538
Wrestling is a small portion of mandrama, Austin was mediocre in the ring but is considered the best in the business.

In fact the focus on wrestling ability over other qualities is what's killing the company.
And what good is wrestling ability if your limited in WWE, ironic considering Cena gets hate for his five moves of doom yet dbry has like 6 that he regurgitates in a WWE ring.
>>
File: 1483361178689.jpg (128KB, 774x381px) Image search: [Google]
1483361178689.jpg
128KB, 774x381px
>>2105607
Come back when you can read charts and learn to spell primadonna and not ''pre-madonna''

Illiterate and low-iq
>>
>>2105611
Fandango, Adam Rose, and Brodus Clay were an attempt to make the audience have fun. LETS DANCE AND HAVE FUN, however that shit has never worked and never will.

It's like going to a Christmas Party at work, the only person having "fun" is the weird guy making an ass out of themselves, and unfortunately that was the Wrestlers.
>>
File: Hogan6.jpg (32KB, 560x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan6.jpg
32KB, 560x270px
>>2105620
>Austin was mediocre in the ring but is considered the best in the business.

Now now Steve, don't get cocky before I send you to the midcard again
>>
>>2105620
> 6 that he regurgitates in a WWE ring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bryan

You are a moron.

Also Cena's problem was that he always utilized that sequence, not even a variant.

Shoulder block, stronger shoulder block, protobomb, 5 knuckle shuffle, fu.

Every single match.

Boooring.
>>
>>2105634
In a WWE ring
Cream over him in his ROH days if you like but we're talking about WWE.
It's the same reason the cruiserweights are getting slack, they're limited to what they can do.
>>
>>2105620
Austin was actually very good in the ring....until his neck injury. After that he became very limited in the ring.
>>
>>2105611
Because they're dumb.

>>2105621
>paranoid af
>>
>>2105642
And he was at his peak when his wrestling ability was dumbed down, proof that wrestling isn't a much needed aspect.
>>
Besides being the best in-ring worker and continuously putting on great matches? The dude was just incredibly charismatic and in an extremely fake WWE, something about him just felt very real.
>>
>>2105650
It's Mick Foley all over again, people come to respect the person behind the gimmick.
>>
>>2105648
>proof that wrestling isn't a much needed aspect
It is if you actually like wrestling.
>>
>>2105646
>please guys stop making fun of me or I'll commit suicide
>>
>>2105657
Ugh, Bryan isn't gonna turn into a creepy loser in 20 years, is he?

>>2105648
That was a really long time ago, man, expectations change as the era changes. The most over guys right now are all great wrestlers, there's nobody getting by PURELY on charisma and talking except maybe Jericho and even he can still SORTA go in the ring.
>>
>>2105648
different people get over for different reasons

AJ Styles gets over for being incredibly good in the ring.

The Rock had ok gimmicks, but got over for his incredibly funny promos.

Austin had good promos, was good in the ring pre-injury, but never got over until Bishoff fired him, he got pissed off and invented the Stone Cold pissed off character flipping everyone off.
>>
>>2105664
I. E smarks
The minority of WWE fans (hence the low ratings with Vince catering to them)
>>
And yes, today's expectations are higher.

Just like they were higher at the end of the 90s compared to the 80s.

It's called evolution of the business.
>>
>>2105693
Most wrestling fans know it's scriped, thus most are smarks, including you.

Weak argument.

Also Vince making Roman face of the company is hardly catering to smarks... and he lost a million viewer in a year.
>>
>>2105664
There can be a balance, but characters and personality has always gone over harder.

>>2105674
Tell us how you really feel.
>>
>>2105693
>>2105693
smarks have been the majority of the fans since the 2000s you fucking dumbass
>>
>>2105680
Why do you think an aging Jericho gets the spotlight? He's swimming in a roster of shit. If you're watching the show and certain people stand out above the shit then of course you're going to get behind them.
And Jericho was mainly good for qualities outside the ring, unless we're talking WCW or Japan.
>>2105690
Like I said to the other anon, the quality of the roster attributes to the attention certain wrestlers get, it doesn't define you but it helps, EC3 for example looks great in TNA until you sit down and think how garbage he actually is.
Austin, Hogan and flair are some examples of wrestlers that got over organically while still being in a shit roster.
>>
>>2105693
Ratings are down for everything. And wrestling all over the planet isn't anywhere near the peak it used to be in their respective countries. So it's retarded to blame WWE's current position on wrestlers who actually wrestle. But yes, Vince is definitely to blame for not letting his wrestlers cut loose on the mic like they used to, but guess what? You CAN have wrestlers who are good in the ring AND good on the mic. Those two things aren't inherently separate.
>>
>>2105693
This vocal minority meme needs to fucking stop. Smart fans have been the majority audience for at least the last 5 years.
>>
>>2105726
Hogan got over in one of the deepest rosters ever
>>
>>2105722
>>2105734
>buttblasted smarks
>>
>>2105717
I feel like a primadonna.
>>
File: champions.png (2MB, 1261x1085px) Image search: [Google]
champions.png
2MB, 1261x1085px
>>2105711
no, but the 1000000 internet darlings theyre pushing and hiring is catering to smarks
>>
I like Bryan, but that was cringe-inducing.
>>
>>2105737
Different era and most gimmicks weren't overused to death.

Hogan was the first to fully incarnate the American hero gimmick, which is why everyone else pales in comparison, at least until all Hogan fans are dead.

One of the biggest problems today, most gimmicks, most storylines have been used to death, which indeed requires wrestlers to put more effort into matches to compensate that.

Even Bryan vs the Authority is a rehash of Stone Cold vs the Corporation.

It worked because Bryan was different from Austin and the storyline felt real, because it was partially real.
>>
>>2105722
>>2105711
You clearly don't know the difference between smark and anti smark, smarks demand more than a kiddie show and finds flaw in any casual aspect because it doesn't satisfy them anymore, even if that turns out to be inferior to watch for any other type of fan.
Anti smarks accept the immaturity portion of wrestling and would rather watch other shows to get their maturity fix, but still enjoy wrestling because most of us are childish at heart.

Just because Vince is trying to revive the casual aspect with Roman and Cena does not mean he isn't catering to smarks with 2 indie darlings holding the top 2 titles.
>>
>>2105755
The most ironic fucking thing is that they think they're the ones that got Bryan over when they for real spent six months trying to bury him.
>>
>>2105748
Owens is a smark darling
AJ just draws.
Cesaro and Sheamus are one smark darling and the other WWE creation.
AA are WWE stuff, not smark darling.
Roman is Vince's darling, not smark.
So are Miz and Charlotte.
Alexa Bliss is there for looks as well.

Out of 8 titles, only 1 is purely smark darling, 5 are WWE style, 2 mixed (AJ and Cesaro/Sheamus).

You are delusional.
>>
>>2105742
We can tell.

>>2105748
That's actually something of a problem, in the drastically more insular product being made less approachable and newcomer-friendly.

>>2105770
>AA are not smark darlings

The fuck was he implying
>>
>>2105512
>He got crowd reactions at the levels of Rock and Austin.
lol nope
>>
>>2105770
Literally all of them except for Reigns and maybe Charlotte are loved by reddit
>>
>>2105717
>but characters and personality has always gone over harder.
Not if the matches end up sucking since the end goal of every wrestling angle, feud, story, etc., are the matches. That's one of the things that killed WCW: amazing build-up then horrible matches.
>>
>>2105785
Obviously you can't have an absolute absence of one or the other, I'm just saying that, of the two, the charismatic aspect has always thrived more.
There may have also been more than ONE thing that killed WCW.
>>
>>2105727
I never implied you can't have one or the other in terms of mic and ring work.
And wrestling is down because wrestling is shit, if you think wrestling is better now than say 2000 then all I can do is disagree.
>>
>>2105785
>Not if the matches end up sucking
lol literally nobody but a tiny minority cares
>>
>>2105767
Oh but they are the ones that got him over... by mistake.

The more they tried to bury him or simply sideline him, the more the crowd got behind him.
They made him lose at mania in 11 seconds? The crowd got behind him.
They left him out of the rumble? The crowd rioted.

At a certain point, the crowd simply started sabotaging events (the infamous unification title between Vince's homosexual dreams Orton and Cena) and the crowd chanted Bryan for the whole promo and match.

Great job WWE, really. Idiots.
>>
>>2105780
Doesn't change the fact that 5 are chosen wwe style, for the looks or nepotism, 2 are mixed and 1 is purely smark darling.

Deal with it.
>>
>>2105789
>There may have also been more than ONE thing that killed WCW.
Which is why I said ONE of the things.
>>
>>2105795
>(the infamous unification title between Vince's homosexual dreams Orton and Cena)
kek and Cena just rolls with it. That may be my favorite Cena promo ever because he makes Bryan look like a million bucks and buries the fuck out of Orton.
>>
>>2105775
You know what makes a product newcomer friendly? Hot crowds.

Daniel Bryan broke barriers and got the Yes Chant in a fucking Michigan State Student game completely unrelated to WWE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ttEbPycDs

That's what makes people go look who Daniel Bryan is.

You know what pushes away newcomers? Disgruntled and disappointed crowds like the ones caused by Roman presence.
>>
>>2105792
>if you think wrestling is better now than say 2000 then all I can do is disagree.
My tastes have changed. Yea I loved that Attitude Eras when I was a teen, but I quickly grew out of it, went over to MMA for 10 years, got bored of that and decided to check out wrestling again but in other eras and countries and fell in love with that stuff. But I know what's going on in modern WWE and the in-ring action is definitely the best it has ever been in the entire history of the company. Everything else? Yea it's shit, but that's entirely Vince's fault.
>>
>>2105794
They all care. Even the markiest of sports entertainment marks doesn't want to watch a dumpster fire of a match. But Vince was at least smart enough to realize he could trick the average WWE fan into believing they were watching a good match if he just filled them with spots and not much else.
>>
>>2105805
Cena's feuds with Rock and Punk were a legit step up for him. He stopped fighting the crowd and simply rolled with it.
It made him a better wrestler, more entertaning by all aspects. Kinda why his feud with AJ is good now. He knows he's getting 50-50 crowds and he and AJ play with it.
>>
>>2105823
FedoRamen pls stop ruining the thread and being jealous of Bryan's overness

you are pathetic

you are so pathetic that you are now copying the insults you receive

pathetic and illiterate

learn to spell primadonna, to read charts and then come back
>>
>>2105845
>he about to have another meltdown?

is this even English?

Holy fuck, you are losing your brain again.
As if you ever had one.
>>
>>2105845
illiterate fedoroman strikes again

go hide now
>>
>>2105862
THE TWO MAN POWER TRIP
>>
Whatever, going to sleep. Don't samefag my thread too much.
>>
I swear I dunno what the fuck any of you people are talking about anymore.
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2MB, 245x175px
>>2105872
>>
>>2105512

He was REALLY good at wrestling matches, and there was hardly anything else appealing in the WWE at the time besides the SHIELD and Wyatts, neither of which were in a great place to be in the main event title picture.
>>
>>2105557

Notice I said in his WWE run? That's what I was grading him on.

His WWE ring work was average. Look maybe that wasn't his fault and Daniel was doing what he was told by the agents and Vince, but judging him on his WWE run I'd say his match quality was average.

His hands were probably tied up in all fairness.
>>
The guy that gets the chant over probably needs to be over himself, otherwise most people will find it boring and it'll die before long. Was the No chant over when he used it?
>>
>>2105533
The Miz has been ripping off Bryan spots for the last 6 months and looking completely inept as a rassler while doing so.
>>
>>2105527

But it got over in the first place because of Bryan's personality.
>>
>>2105942

People were playing along with his gimmick and kept doing "Yes" instead. However, this was what WWE and Bryan wanted, since he was heel at the time and claiming that only he was allowed to the "Yes" thing.
>>
>>2105642

Except he was still good after his neck injury.
>>
He didnt draw a dime

He was only over with 'wrestling' which amounts to absolutely nothing
>>
>>2111389
*'wrestling' fans
>>
>>2105833
>He stopped fighting the crowd and simply rolled with it.

Huh? He's been doing that since like 2007. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>2105748
There are still 5 and a half homegrown champs on that pic. If Revival were still NXT tag champs it'd be a nice balance of homegrown and guys with other backgrounds.
>>
>>2111389
>>2111392
>being this inept

Spiting bump.
>>
>>2105524
>Beeg loving it
>HBK getting playing into it
>Mark Henry lifting DBry's arm
>Miz likely throwing out some top tier bantz or praises
>Maggle mentioning how SEETHING Trips must be
>Even CM Phil is smiling about it
>Based DBry loving every second of it
GOAT video
>>
>>2105518
This always amazes me how PERFECT this shot is. D Bry was so over jesus christ
>>
All of these comments and STILL none of you idiots have mentioned the real secret to Daniel Bryan reaching that level.

It was mainly thanks to how good Michael Cole was as a mega heel before he was toned down after Lawler's heart attack.
>>
>>2105939
Bryan as in WWE in 2010,11,12 and 13 you fucking idiot
>>
>>2115702

Eat a bag of dicks you fucking mark.

How anyone can say Daniel Bryan was one of the best wrestlers in WWE is beyond me, he had literally 5 moves..

Series of kicks to opponents chest
Flying headbutt
Leap through the ropes to the outside
Yes lock

Fuck I'm struggling to think of 5 I rest my case.
>>
>>2105518
This entire moment just looked and sounded perfect. Everything went right.
>>
Nothing went right. A badass actual wrestler like Batista had to take a back seat to this manlet while smelly, disgusting neckbeard smarks jizzed their panties
>>
>>2116733
fedoroman fuck off
>>
File: 772.jpg (53KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
772.jpg
53KB, 597x519px
Daniel Bryan was the closest thing to a true post-Stone Cold/Rock megastar. Cena gets huge reactions but even his are split. Phil didn't get anywhere near as over as Bryan. Such a shame
>>
>>2116805
>Vegan goat cuck
>megastar
Wrestling is dead and we let it happen
>>
The chant was over bryanetty was an anti draw
>>
>>2116823
>>2116744
>>
>>2116869
>>2116744
Triphammer/"Fedoramen" living in your head free of charge
>>
>reminder that bryan was never over the yes chant was over
>this will trigger autists
>>
>>2116873
>if i repeat the same things i'll definitely prove i'm not fedoramen
>>
>>2105557
>Le Meltz
>>
>>2116971
>muh cringy nickname
>>
File: 1481559779825.gif (4MB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1481559779825.gif
4MB, 400x327px
>>2105527
Thats why people also chanted his name.
Fuck you i was floor wwe fatal fourway 2010.
Daniel byran was one of the most over performers on that night despite being a heel who was fired weeks prior.
Watch it in the network.
Cena and company get beat down by the nexus, heel shaemus wins title dips.
Lingering shot on all the big wwe guys as the last 30 seconds were just daniel bryans name repeated over and over again.
We started that ppv chanting his name at vince.
We did it multiple.
Dbry is and forever will be over
>>
>>2105512
not a single dime
>>
No idea why he is so over. He seems like such a smug controlling asshole. look at what he did to brie.
>>
>>2116062
THE KNEE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA

>Leap through the ropes to the outside

It's called a Suicide Dive you fucking dumbass.

>>2116733
>3 years
>still this mad
>>
>>2105512
It was him or cena, who's as universally hated as roman and hollycuck hulk chokin. You do that math.
>>
>>2105512
same crowd who chants for """"womens wrestling""""""""""
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.