[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUESTION TO THE WRESTLINGLADS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Would UFC/MMA be entertaining if it was fake?
>inb4 it is
Let's imagine UFC/MMA was scripted,had storylines, characters (heels and faces), and the fights were semi-real, would it actually be watchable?
I cant watch MMA for 2 mins without dying of boredom, so how good would it be?
Imagine how cool if McGregor could cut heel promos
>>
>>2079076
No, fuck off.

t. /heem/
>>
>>2079076
Pancrase was worked and sucked.
>>
It is more entertaining because it isn't fake. Fighters are organically pushed by their skill and not audience demand.

With WWE I only watch matches I'm hyped for. For UFC I watch every fight on the card despite only being drawn to 2 fights on a card. Even the fucking women are entertaining in UFC.
>>
>>2079076
no because two minutes long manhug is not entertaining
>>
>>2079076
It is entertaining and it is far better than men in speedos play fighting
>>
>Would UFC/MMA be entertaining if it was fake?
UFC is so similar to pro-wrestling that it genuinely makes me laugh when you see MMA folk on here, Twitter or reddit have a fit over it being compared to is, and here is why.

>Let's imagine UFC/MMA was scripted,had storylines, characters (heels and faces)
Unlike what MMA folk want you believe, you're not given opportunities based on what you "deserve". Look at Rory MacDonald. He's a great fighter and always puts on great shows, yet he was just released because his build up to fights aren't entertaining and he doesn't draw.
In terms of it being scripted, look at Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, arguably the biggest draws in the company, look at the way their promos are made. It almost always tells a story, even more so with Rousey and McGregor as of recently. There is a reason McGregor hasn't defended a single belt he's won because it doesn't make as good of a story. Even Rousey has the "Legend Is Back" storyline. As for heels and faces, that's a thing too. Let's not forget Rousey and McGregor both stole their gimmicks from wrestling.

>and the fights were semi-real
The fights being real are the only draw they have right now. If you throw that away, it will kill the majority of the audience.
>>
File: 1449522145454.png (88KB, 277x204px) Image search: [Google]
1449522145454.png
88KB, 277x204px
>>2080585
>This guy
>Thinking he's made some revelation about the inner workings of MMA
>When he's just spouting common sense

You realize wrestling didn't invent having a personality and talking shit, right? Nor did they invent selling tickets with promos. And everyone knows the UFC is a business first, sport second.

>Heels and faces are a thing too
Holy shit, are you so detached from reality that you see everything in wrestling terms? Heels and faces exist outside of MMA too, it's called being a dick and not being a dick. Holy fuck, leave the house sometime.

>the only draw they have is the fights being real
Right. That's why Conor made more money in his last fight than the entire WWE roster combined for the last 6 pay-per-views. They draw because it's a fucking sport, the personalities and the records.

And people get pissed when others compare it to WWE because it's an insult to MMA fighters. Put your average manlet wrestler in the cage and what happens? They get fucking exposed for being shitty bodybuilders and little else.

Wrestlers are actors and performers. MMA fighters are fighters. That's why you don't compare the two.
>>
>>2080636
>>This guy
>>Thinking he's made some revelation about the inner workings of MMA
>>When he's just spouting common sense
Don't think that at all, but as shown in your response, this is the fit MMA folk have that I was talking about.

>You realize wrestling didn't invent having a personality and talking shit, right?
Of course I realize that. But when your two biggest stars are Ronda Rousey, who literally asked Roddy Piper for his gimmick, and Conor McGregor being a Ric Flair/Vince McMahon hybrid, it's not hard to work out that more fighters are trying to be like wrestlers.

>Holy shit, are you so detached from reality that you see everything in wrestling terms?
Counter proposal: You read the OP and realize I'm quoting him and addressing each of the points like you are now?

>They draw because it's a fucking sport, the personalities and the records.
Right... and the point is if you take away the aspect of it being a sport then they're no different from WWE wrestlers.

>Wrestlers are actors and performers. MMA fighters are fighters. That's why you don't compare the two.
I think you've completely missed the point of this thread. Please go and box a beanbag for an hour or two, hothead.
>>
>>2080650
>Ronda asked Piper for his gimmick
She asked for his name, you tard. Because it's a sign of respect and because she's a wrestling fan. Not because she's stealing his gimmick (she's nothing like Piper)
>Conor is a Flair/Vince hybrid
Or Flair/Vince are a Conor hybrid. Do you realize how stupid you sound? Not everything revolves around wrestling. Being cocky and liking money doesn't mean you're copying some wrestling figure or any figure. It just means you like money and you're cocky. Jesus fuck.

>Remove the sport aspect of it and it becomes wrestling
Except it doesn't. Wrestling revolves around storylines, promos and drama. EVEN if the fights were staged, you still woudn't have that. Fights being built-up is not the same thing as having a storyline.

>You missed the point of the thread.
I didn't. I'm talking to you, not the OP, you autist, and you spent your entire post comparing the two mediums. Get fucked and leave your basement sometime.
>>
>>2080663
>MMAutist SEETHING
>>
>>2080585
Boxing was literally doing all you mentioned in your post while wrestlers were still wearing singlets and grappling in circus tents.

Read a book.
>>
>>2080663
>Not because she's stealing his gimmick (she's nothing like Piper)
Delusional. She's the mean, meme, shit-talking machine Piper was.

>Or Flair/Vince are a Conor hybrid [...] Being cocky and liking money doesn't mean you're copying some wrestling figure or any figure.
They're copying McGregor despite doing it when he was a kid? Right... Except you have the infamous "McGregor Strut" which is exactly the McMahon strut which he did on camera singing Vince McMahon's theme song: https://youtu.be/CvXzuOpdi7Q
And then you also have the line:"dressed like El Chapo, with anacondas on my feet." which is of course another rip of the Ric Flair $600 dollar lizard shoe line: https://youtu.be/3WpZBsmfZwI?t=1m28s

>Wrestling revolves around storylines, promos and drama.
And UFC doesn't?

>Get fucked and leave your basement sometime.
Please stop the projection.
>>
>>2080673
>Delusional
I'm not the one projecting wrestling shit onto everything.

>They're copying Conor
I said that so you realise how stupid it sounds. Those are called paying homages. Again, McGregor knows wrestling. When McGregor is wooing, cutting promos and dropping elbows, try again. I suppose Ellsworth is also copying Shawn Michaels because he does a superkick?

>UFC doesn't.
No, it doesn't. It revolves around competition, mainly. The rest is bonus. You think people would give a single shit about McGregor if he lost the last four matches? There's a million McGregors in the UFC lower card. People don't fucking care.

>Projection
Not in the slightest. You're literally trying to apply wrestling to everything you see like you've never spoken to an actual human being in your life before. I'd honestly be incredibly surprised if you weren't an obese NEET wearing a Bayley t-shirt.
>>
UFC has scripted shit to some degree. Fights have to sell by any means necesarry. It was REALLY blantant in the UFC 205 press conference.

>>2079114
> Fighters are organically pushed by their skill and not audience demand.
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Being honest here. No. The ultimate goal for UFC is to make money. Lots of money. If that means giving a title fight to someone that hasn't fought in that division, so be it.
If that means giving a main card fight to someone with no MMA experience, so be it.
>>
>>2080695
>>2080695
>When McGregor is wooing, cutting promos and dropping elbows, try again. I suppose Ellsworth is also copying Shawn Michaels because he does a superkick?
Holy false equivalence, Batman
>>
>>2080695
>It revolves around competition, mainly. The rest is bonus
You are retarded or just pretending to be one. You just don't know how shit works
>>
>>2080695
>McGregor
>doesn't cut promos
They are not even good
>"im a fucking pimp, wearing gucci mink and without me the whole ship sink"
>>
>>2080740
>mandrama autist calling others retarded.

Get some sunlight, you tinfoil wearing retard.

>>2080741
>Saying a line is the same as cutting a promo

The state of wrestleautists. Don't even know their own terms.
>>
>>2080636
>>2080663
>>2080695
>>2080766
Based wrestlechad working the UFCVirgin into a seething frenzy
BTFO
>>
File: YOU FUCKING GOOF!.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
YOU FUCKING GOOF!.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>2080695
>I'm not the one projecting wrestling shit onto everything.
Nor am I. The topic is comparing UFC to wrestling, so I spoke about UFC in terms of wrestling. It was even directed to the wrestling fans of this board, so once again, delusional.

>Those are called paying homages [...] I suppose Ellsworth is also copying Shawn Michaels because he does a superkick?
No, and the latter isn't even a good comparison. What Rousey did is a homage because she got permission and thanked Piper publicly as well as making a statement after her Correia fight when he died. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still unoriginal and not her gimmick.

>No, it doesn't. It revolves around competition, mainly
Sorry, but I think you're objectively wrong. I think MMA fans are naive to think that MMA hasn't evolved into drama, storylines and rivalries.

>You're literally trying to apply wrestling to everything you see like you've never spoken to an actual human being in your life before.
Alright.
>>
>>2079076
Hell no. I already hate the more pro wrestling aspects of MMA (particularly how certain fighters are chosen to fight another one and pre match hype.) It takes away from MMA's legitimacy as a sport. Not to mention with what works in real fighting, making it fake would still make it mostly "boring" like you said. MMA is rewarding on an athletic technical combat sorta way in terms of in ring, while pro wrestling is more rewarding from a technical choreographical storytelling perspective.

Apples to oranges.
>>
>>2079114
>Actually believing this
Yes, CM Punk was organically pushed by his skill as a fighter and not because of audience demanding to see him beaten up
>>
>>2080585
You're just spouting a mixture of obvious common sense shit everyone already knows and dumb shit that makes you think you're smart but uh

>Look at Rory MacDonald. He's a great fighter and always puts on great shows, yet he was just released because his build up to fights aren't entertaining and he doesn't draw.

Objectively not true. I love Rory, but he was 100% willing and able to hide behind his jab and outpoint someone to a technically sound but tremendously boring riskless decision. Rory left because he wanted more money and UFC weren't willing to match the offer Bellator made, which is likely paying the man out the ass for the promotional aspect of having a recognized UFC title challenger be part of their company.
>>
>>2080733
Dominick Cruz, UFC bantamweight champion for you /asp/ies, has out and out said in the buildup to next week's event that going by rankings and merit his opponent shouldn't be there since he's barely top 10 and hasn't even fought any top 5 caliber people yet, but he gets the nod because he's part of a team that has a heated rivalry with Cruz and people will pay to see that.

Having said that, UFC is very good at setting up fairly relevant matchups consistently and making sure that even their stars run into stiff tests. Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor etc wouldn't have been stars were they entirely a company creation, they actually are pretty goddamn good. If you want to see what happens when company golden boys are pushed without the skills to match, look at Sage Northcutt and Paige Van Zant.
>>
>>2079076
>I cant watch MMA for 2 mins without dying of boredom, so how good would it be?

For normal people, who find it compelling and awesome, it would be shit, because fake fighting is shit. For autistic faggots like you I'm sure you'd watch it and still complain about the product online like an autistic faggot, like in real life.
>>
>>2080819
Professional Fighting has -always- had a freak show aspect, bitching and moaning about Punk getting a UFC fight is so fucking simple minded and stupid.
>>
>>2080945
good post
>>
>>2080945

McFaggot should fight Cruz but he's ducking him.
>>
>if it was fake
>if

Tell me, OP. Why wouldn't sports be rigged?
>>
>>2081002
>5'8
>68 inch reach
>walks around at 155
McGreggor would beat Cruz :)
>>
>>2081176
McGregor can't even make featherweight right now, let alone bantam.
>>
>>2079076
For the most part, it is.
>>
>>2081230
He would fuck up Cruz in featherweight desu
>>
>>2079076
Yes that is why Pride will always be the best mma company.
>>
>>2080981
Yes, it always had that, so it's ridiculous to even think they aren't pushed fully or even somewhat pushed because of the audience demanding it, what's your point?
>>
>>2079076
Fuck you you autistic wwe fanboy faggot cuck. Mma is a sport, not "entertainment" to a wwe Mark jabroni
>>
>>2081482
If Punk had walked into a title match you'd have some semblance of a complaint. As it is, it's just a side-show to the actual competitive fighters. You're dense.
>>
>>2079087
Yes some of it was a work, but not all of it and certainly not current shows.
>>
File: ippo.gif (257KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
ippo.gif
257KB, 320x232px
I grew up watching WWE, i appreciate the business, i love reading dirtsheets, i love all the stupid shit that happens, i like reading about its history, i love reading about how to work marks, and all that insider shit, i love fapping to divas.

MMA only started getting big around like the mid 2000's, i was in high school then, so like it was perfect. these guys were actual fighters, and MMA has just grown from then, its like being there at the beginning of boxing.

I also like boxing, i like combat sports.

I like all these things for different reasons, i can appreciate the absurdity of sports entertainment and i can respect actual fighters in MMA and boxing.

Right now MMA is the hot shit, but i got into boxing even before MMA was a big thing.
>>
>>2079076

>Faked MMA

I feel like Japanese wrestling might be your speed
>>
>>2079114

>Fighters are organically pushed by their skill and not audience demand.

Yeah, that's why Lesnar got a title match when he was 1-1 in the UFC with a submission loss in the first round and only a decision win to a replacement fighter in his second fight.
>>
Also you are a fucking Mark if you think MMA is a purist thing and dana isnt just trying to make money by putting together hyped up fights, all that shit talking conor does is just to work the marks, he is cutting a promo, you talk shit and even the people who hate you will pay to see you get your ass kicked.
There is a debt to business strategy and promo real fighters in boxing and mma owe to wrestling
>>
>>2080636

You do realize that Alberto Del Rio could whoop McGregor frontways, backways, and sideways, right?

>>2080669

Ali took his shit talking schtick from wrestling, you mark.

Shit, Ziggler could probably flatten the midget.
>>
>>2081834

Boxing SHOULD be better than MMA, but the retards that run that shit have almost killed the sport.

Too many weight classes, too many champions, too much politicking bullshit (see: Mayweather's entire career), not enough actual fights.
>>
>>2081881
Boxing is a fucking corrupt sport, also there are no american champs anymore, mike tyson was like the peak.
Then we just had little scrawny guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao not hitting each other for multiple rounds
>>
>>2081681
Then, read
>>2081856
>>
>>2080669
Yet even in circus tents boxers were stealing their gimmicks. Most famous boxer to have ever lived? Yep, even he copied the gimmick of Gorgeous George, a wrestler.

Face it, every other alternative sport cannot handle the fact that wrestling has had such an impact on your darlings that your biggest draws copied their styles.
>>
>>2081899
>mike tyson was like the peak
Tyson fought like 30 nobodies before he ever attempted real competition.

>Then we just had little scrawny guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao not hitting each other for multiple rounds
I agree with what you and the person you're replying to are saying, but wasn't it something like the more rounds they fought the more money they'd both earn? Hence why they did absolutely nothing.
>>
>>2079087
Old-School Pancrase was great you fucking faggot and only a few of the fights were works
>>
>>2081962
Yeah, because he was a freak show attraction. Like I said before.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.