[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pride Fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: pride_fc1.jpg (160KB, 646x368px) Image search: [Google]
pride_fc1.jpg
160KB, 646x368px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKO9VYvghc

Pride was legit as fuck. I wish these MMA companies would bring it back. Let those crazy SOBs beat the shit out of each other and the strongest, most badass and most complete fighters become the ones legends are made of. And the ones who get the juicy contracts

Just my opinion, also feel free to make this a Pride general and post webms of great pride moments
>>
well there is RIZIN...
its like a shittie reboot to PRIDE.

I wish there would be more MMA companies rather then UFC and BELLATOR.
really miss the DREAM,Strikeforce and EliteXC days....
>>
member when Wanderlei knocked out Rampage?
>>
IN DA BRUE COHNA... FROM DA UNITED *STATES* OF AMERICA... JAAAAAAAYSON... MAAAAAAYHEM... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLAAAAAAAAAA
>japanese girl dancing intensifies
>>
Frrrrom Brazillllll Wanderlei Silvaaaaaa!
>>
File: Pride is Forever.webm (3MB, 476x358px) Image search: [Google]
Pride is Forever.webm
3MB, 476x358px
>>2072845
>I wish these MMA companies would bring it back.

no you don't. these niggers don't wanna spend a dime on production and you don't wanna see a watered down version of what pride was.

Bellator is doing a nice job of bringing the big show aspect and attempting to make it fun to watch.
>>
Nah. Pride was only decent at all cuz of juicers. UFC has the far better and more technically proficient fights/fighters. Even someone as cocky as McGregor or someone as dominant as prime Silva are great because of their technical proficiency not the bar brawl looking stupid shit of Pride.
>>
Technical and better like CM Punk right?
>>
Nah. The fad ended.
>>
>>2073507

Fuck you Dana.
>>
I miss watching mah boi Sakuraba taking on people with 20-30 lbs on him and win.

I remember him taking on legendary heavyweight Igor Vovchanchyn who had about ~25 lbs on him, initially winning and taking to a draw only to lose to corner stoppage after they wanted to go to an overtime round. This fight was later in the night after his 90 minute fight and victory against Royce Gracie.
>>
>>2073507
Connor would die if he fought in a Pride match. He'd be destroyed by grappling efficiandos and knee drops to the back of his head
>>2073927
the 90s were a hell of a time...
>>
>>2073204
I'll have to check that out
>>
>>2073402
I really am a fan of Bellator. I prefer it over UFC, I believe bellator treats their fighters better financially then UFC does too
>>
I miss the roids
>>
>>2073204
>"The best when it comes to the stare down is Fedor Emelianenko. Watch him: he does not make eye contact and his entire expression is extremely relaxed - you would think he is about to perform a ballet or something. But here is the crucial thing. When the referee tells them to head back to their corners, Fedor suddenly darts a short look directly at his opponent - or through his opponent, I should say. This kind of look is associated with antisocial behavioral disorders and psychopaths. They don't look at you, they look through you. It's emotionless; it goes deeper than skin level. You will get a lot of fighters who will catch that look and suddenly realize they don't want to be there. Wanderlei Silva has a stare-down that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt', but Fedor's makes you think 'I might die'."
That dude is fucking legendary
>>
File: fedor pride belt.jpg (16KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
fedor pride belt.jpg
16KB, 300x460px
>>2074730
Based.
>>
File: Pride GP 2004.jpg (53KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pride GP 2004.jpg
53KB, 540x720px
Let's not forget the legendary Pride promo posters.
>>
File: alex_fedor-emelianenko-660x330.jpg (75KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
alex_fedor-emelianenko-660x330.jpg
75KB, 660x330px
>>2074730
his brother Alexander is a freaking legend too.
really wish he will come back to MMA after all the shit he has being through.

also,on February 18 Fedor will fight at Bellator 172.
>>
File: Pride Vs. UFC.png (3MB, 1100x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Pride Vs. UFC.png
3MB, 1100x1570px
damm i miss Pride....
>>
>>2075599
member this fight? it was hilarious that guy during the staredown and Aleks was all like whaterver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqVmyfpGN5M
>>
>>2075671
i think the funniest fight i ever saw was Aleks vs. Bob Sapp.
such a huge build up, just to end after 2 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7U6_WhqvQ
>>
PRIDE is to UFC what Iron Chef is to Ready Steady Cook.

Nobody does melodrama and over the top like Japan, and it always feels forced when they try to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78SuVHM9CM

Literally the GOAT hype video.
>>
Mauro getting punked by Cro Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4oJsSnmGkw
>>
>>2074730
Based Emelianenko.
>>
bigger than life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ubR4dwL5WA
>>
best theme ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl1JbuYrLk
>>
File: pride10.jpg (37KB, 363x550px) Image search: [Google]
pride10.jpg
37KB, 363x550px
its still amaze me that with this silly posters they still draw more then ufc at the time...
>>
>>2073507
Except Prides top guys were miles beyond UFCs top guys at the time, hence why when you look at Pride's top guys past the merge and UFC's top guys during the height of Pride past the merge you notice Pride ended up with more champs and fighters actually worth a fuck.

Also Fedor had more technique overall than Silva ever did. GOAT tier grappler, clinch work and great enough that he stood toe to toe with prime Cro Cop in a mostly stand up fight and won.

Goobz would also be much less effective in pride (see: Anderson Silva) though still good as his striking is still GOAT tier but he wouldn't be able to circle as well and if taken down would get promptly blown the fuck out instead of just getting a few elbows and punches. No cage to hold yourself up on in pride, you go to the mat.
>>
>>2078181
also, fighters who came to Pride witch were UFC champions at the time got there ass whoped, AKA Rampage vs. Murilo Bustamante
>>
I love how every region has a different MMA aesthetic

Japs: treated as a celebration of martial competition between honorable warriors. The production values give it a slight pro-wrestling flavor. They aren't afraid of freakshow fights as long as the competitors show true fighting spirit.

Americans: treated firstly (at least on the surface) as a sporting competition between athletes. Production values try to give it an authentic air of Big League American sporting events that you would typically see with any televised Basketball or Football game. Typically shy away from freakshow fights because they feel it delegitimizes them as a sport, that said, it still happens.

Brazil: treated as real life fucking underground "Bloodsport" type shit. Production values? Fuck that pussy shit. Freakshow fights? Every fight is a freakshow fight if you pump enough steroids into your butt cheek.
>>
File: rampagearona.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
rampagearona.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>2078629
America/UFC was slowly killing the sport with """"""""wrestling"""" but it's bouncing back especially with UFC's stance on cutting boring wrestlers. The 'unified' rules of mma were also holding the sport back but the 2017 rule changes will bring it closer to Pride rules and judging criteria.

>tfw Pride had MMA rules correct from damn near the start in 97/98
>>
File: Pride_2000_GP_finals_poster.jpg (154KB, 522x742px) Image search: [Google]
Pride_2000_GP_finals_poster.jpg
154KB, 522x742px
>>2079943
the biggest problme with UFC is that they try to get a reputation of a sport but at the end they make fights which from the sport aspect dont make any sense (McGregor vs. Diaz) and just try to draw more buy rate.
the big money for the ufc today comes from only 4 fighters: mcgregor, rousey, jonjohns and lesner.
in Pride, the money came not only because the talented fighters but more from the overall show, it got the feels like its some kind of Mortal Kombat IRL.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.