[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_2759.jpg (217KB, 540x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2759.jpg
217KB, 540x798px
How did we go from this?
>>
File: IMG_2760.jpg (133KB, 1273x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2760.jpg
133KB, 1273x611px
To this?
>>
>>2055614
Other than based Martel and maybe Piper every single person listed was a boring shitter in the ring and the matches would be unbearable to watch today
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 960x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 960x548px
>>
File: IMG_2489.gif (1MB, 400x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2489.gif
1MB, 400x175px
>>2055626
Not enough flips, and unicorn outfits for you back in the day, friendo?
>>
>>2055626
Add DiBiase to that list
>>
Andretty BTFO by Dusty Rhodes
>>
>>2055626
Exactly, who the fuck is that Ric Flair guy?
>>
>>2055658
Some sideshow shitter that belonged in the 60s

>>2055634
Go try and watch some matches before you chat shit
>>
File: IMG_1925.jpg (87KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
87KB, 500x638px
>>2055672
Uhhhhhh.... I have watched plenty of Territory Era Wrestling.

They all know how to work a crowd, talk, entertain, sell, take proper bumps, Ya know, ring psychology.
Something those shits in nXt know jack squat about.
>>
>>2055739
>Implying territory era wrestling wasn't slow shambling garbage
You watch to many Jim Cornette rants
>>
>>2055626
The most underage post on here yet.
>>
>>2055626
This. You're one of the few people here actually not underage
>>
Wrestlers look so much better these days. I can only imagine what type of rats these hideous men pulled.
>>
>>2055626
>who is Flair?
>who is Jerry fucking Lawler?
>who is Harley Race?
>>
>>2055614
>Based Taskmaster working the smark magazine
>>
>>2057030
>who is Jerry fucking Lawler?
People always talk about how Lawler was some kind of literal GOAT. Post his best match, I have only seen stuff from the very late twilight of his career in WWF.
>>
>>2056962
Drew more dimes than the ratings freefall since they adopted the smarky indy workrate matches with no psychology and spots that make no sense just to make crowds chant.

Even the attitude era was slow in comparison to this era. And even so, a frog splash and a swanton bomb got more reactions than phoenix inverted suicide splashes or the red arrow. Face it, as 'wow' as some of the moves from the charisma vacuums that are the 'future' of the company, nothing can beat character and ring psychology.
>>
>>2057279
>implying Neville doesn't have ring psychology
>>
>>2057281
Exactly what I'm saying. People pop for the Red Arrow. No one misses Neville or even remembers or wonders why he isn't wrestling right now.

He has no character or charisma so the crowd doesn't care until it's time for bis finisher.
>>
>>2057241
>Inside Wrestling
>smark

"lel"
>>
>>2057286
Probably because the main roster has given nobody any reason to care about him.

Watch his title defenses on Takeovers and educate yourself, fool.
>>
>>2057291
>watching a developmental promotion where 90% of the call ups are failures

I'll pass.
>>
>>2057300
>getting worked by RAM shitbooking

Thanks for proving you're an idiot and saving me having to do it.

I guess that's easier than potentially getting proven wrong, though.
>>
>>2057307
I only watch wrestling casually now. I gave up on it trying to be good. Is it hard to understand that the mainstream audience doesn't like flippyshit charisma sinks? Just because you like something doesn't mean you have to be closeminded to the fact that most people just don't like it. Look at the ratings, gates and attendance. They all go down the more indy darlings WWE tries to showcase for meme spouting smarks like you.
>>
>>2057315
Please, continue to speak authoritatively on wrestling even though all you watch is WWE.

Sweet passive-aggression tho breh.

>Look at the ratings, gates and attendance. They all go down the more indy darlings WWE tries to showcase for meme spouting smarks like you.

You mean like in the early 2000s when they bled out over half their regular audience in a few years after building around flippyshit indy darlings HHH & Brock Lesnar?
>>
>>2057320
Please continue to speak like you know what's best for wrestling because you watch indy promotions and Puro. Here's where you're wrong, smark. Wrestling is made for marks, not smarks.

People don't give a fuck about the indies or Japan. You can't expect the mainstream audience to watch 3-4 shows to really appreciate the 'art of wrestling' and understand why ugly manlets doing flips is the best thing for the business.

Get it through your thick skull. Only smarks like that shit, and smarks are a small, loud and vocal minority that think they can tell everyone what is good wrestling and what isn't. Wrestling is fake. Good wrestling is the entertaining kind that sales. Goldberg killing Bork using 2 moves sold more and generated more hype than any 20minute neville title defense for a reason.
>>
>>2057344
Imagine going on this hackneyed rant in the same year where AJ Styles is the WWE World Champion and most over full-timer in the company.

I notice that you conveniently ignored WWE's biggest audience decline being during the era of HHH & Lesnar dominance. Can't imagine why that is.

>he still hasn't watched any Neville title defenses
>he still won't stop making a wrong ass of himself
>>
>>2057352
That's a nice fact you have there. Show me the proof AJ is saving the company. Go on, oh, wait. What was that about Smackdown ratings after Cena left and attendance to shows where he's headlining? Hmm... Really makes you think.

Why on earth would I defend HHH and Lesnar on the early 2000? Lesnar didn't become the personality and drawing power he is now until he won the UFC heavyweight title and HHH can go fuck himself.
>>
>>2057365
But lad, they were the BIG SWEATY MEN you claim everybody likes...yet they're responsible for the biggest losses in McMahon's audience to date.

>AJ Styles being over isn't a fact
>SHOW ME THE FIGURES DAMMIT!

You're not even attempting to know what you're babbling about anymore are you?
>>
>>2057378
Are you really this stupid? When did I say big sweaty men are instant draws? My arguement has always been character and charisma over workrate and flippyshit. People didn't like Hogan or Warrior because they were big sweaty men or because of their 3 moves and tbeir finishers. People want to see larger than life charismatic personalities, not average joes doing flips.

This is what I get for arguing with a smark. Draw numbers, attendance and ratings is what tells you if something is working or not. Think, you retard. If you like something but that somrthing is making people leave and turn the channel, what does that tell you?
>>
>>2057392
Warrior is hardly what one would call a personality. A "character" yes, but not personality.

And he was a marked failure when it came to drawing, just for the record.

>Neville
>average joe

wot

>If you like something but that somrthing is making people leave and turn the channel, what does that tell you?

But I don't like Vince's awful New Generation-tier booking.
>>
>>2057396
Neville has a good body, ugly face and is 5'3. Allow me to meme this one time and >Go outside and see if you can't find 10 of people like him at your local gym or at college.

The fact that he's awful at the mic and has no character or charisma is what keeps him down the most. That's his fault, not Vince's for 'not giving him a chance'.
>>
>>2057408
How many guys do you know as shredded as Neville?

>Allow me to meme this one time

Honey you've been a sad cliche from your first post in here.

>The fact that he's awful at the mic and has no character or charisma is what keeps him down the most.

Funny, he wasn't anything like this in NXT.

Are we learning yet?
>>
>>2057410
Post one (1) good Neville promo, NXT or otherwise
>>
>>2057416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbleqNdjjus

Oh, sorry, was that supposed to be hard?
>>
>>2057418
>le respect xD
That was fucking shit m8. At least Sami was good but come on now.
>>
>>2057430
You clearly missed the obvious subtext lad.
>>
>>2057418
That wasn't me asking for a promo, but lol. Is that what you consider good mic work? Yeah. Do you, boo. You would do wrestling a favor by doing a flip off a window and the world will be in a better place with one less smark to spread shitty opinions.
>>
>>2057431
Nope, you're either retarded or underage if you think that promo was anything but generic.
>>
>>2057437
>you're the dumb kid
>not me

Keep telling yourself that and your wish might come true.

>>2057434
I think you meant OUT a window, you daft bastard.
>>
>>2057441
>no u
Nice argument you fucking sperg. The reason I was calling you underage is because the promo you posted would have considered been way below average in the 90's. Of course you were unable to watch wrestling back then so you wouldn't know anything about it.
>>
>>2057444
Post year of birth now.
>>
>>2057449
Post a proper argument.
>>
>>2057450
Ah yes, because:

>Of course you were unable to watch wrestling back then so you wouldn't know anything about it.

...constitutes "a proper argument".

Post YOB now. If you're so confident in your 90s veteran status you have nothing to hide.
>>
>>2057455
Do you deny my statement that the Neville promo would have been considered below average in the 90's? Or are you just a shitposting retard?
>>
>>2057279
Please

People were stupid and thought it was real in the territory days
>>
>>2057459
As somebody who actually DID watch in the 90s, a promo with actual focus & intent would not be considered below average.

Denied.

Post YOB now.
>>
File: 1355409274217.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1355409274217.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
>>2057463
Jesus Christ this guy

>actual focus & intent
Please point that out to me buddy, I'm begging you.
>>
>>2057466
>frogposter literally too dumb to understand a promo he called generic

No wonder you're too afraid to post a YOB: because it clearly starts with 2.
>>
>>2056976
You gay? I mean it's cool if you are I was just asking.
>>
>>2057476
>still unable to point out the "actual focus & intent" in the promo
>resorts to carter tier memeposting instead
>>
>>2057479
>frogposter making accusations of Carter-tier memeposting

Outstanding.

Why do you need me to explain a "generic" promo to you?
>>
>>2057483
>Why do you need me to explain a "generic" promo to you?
Didn't you just say that it wasn't generic?
>>
>>2055614
>How did we go from Shit Flair to BBD
IDK lad
>>
>>2057486
>too dumb to understand sarcastic quotation marks

How fucking new can you be? Were you conceived during millennium bug panic sex?
>>
>>2057489
I would now kindly ask you to point out the "actual focus & intent" from the promo. Thank you sweetheart.
>>
File: 5437863223275.gif (694KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
5437863223275.gif
694KB, 200x150px
All this old-times loving faggots forget that those "vanilla midgets"can cut great promos but WWE doesn't let them

Link very related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=givoM0j9HgU
>>
>>2057490
But you said it was "generic" lad. Now you're claiming not to understand it?
>>
>>2057499
I understand it perfectly and there is absolutely no "actual focus & intent" in the promo. If you're willing to prove me otherwise then go ahead.
>>
>>2057501
So you're saying that a promo where Neville clearly spells out his focus & intent doesn't have any.

Stay in school lil' frogposter.
>>
>>2057508
He literally doesn't. Holy shit breh you're so deluded
>>
>>2057511
Impressive levels of doubling-down on your dissonance. I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do for you now.

>>2057514
How can they be NEETs if they are professional wrestlers?
>>
>>2057520
>still can't point out the "actual focus & intent"
>proceeds to memepost instead
top kek kid next time get a better argument
>>
>>2057514
>There's a difference between angry neet indy tards vs larger than life showmanship promos of old

I bet if WWE let Stone cold cut a promo like Owens did people would have gone batshit crazy in the 90's
>>
>>2057522
>still can't understand a promo he called "generic"

See, I can do it too: but only 1 of us is embarrassing himself.
>>
>>2057538
What does looking & acting like a NEET entail? Are you the expert on this subject?
>>
>>2057539
But I understood it perfectly. You however are STILL unable to point out the "actual focus & intent".

Perhaps it's because there is none?
>>
>>2057543
But if you understood it perfectly you wouldn't need to ask me about it, now would you?

Cut you a deal: if you admit that you don't understand I'll be happy to explain it.

>>2057550
Not a description.
>>
>>2057552
>But if you understood it perfectly you wouldn't need to ask me about it, now would you?
The reason I'm asking you is because you keep claiming the promo contains "actual focus & intent" while clearly it doesn't.
>>
>>2057557
But it clearly does, yet somehow this "generic" promo flew right above your head.

Offer still stands, but it's a limited time only.
>>
>>2057561
It appears you didn't quite understand the promo.

Let me make it easy for you: there is no "actual focus & intent".
>>
>>2057567
Nah lad. You couldn't even understand Neville blatantly spelling out that he doesn't care about Zayn's self-imposed stip, he's not holding back and winning no matter what.

Take your L.

>>2057573
>worked
>>
>>2057581
KEK is that what you consider "actual focus & intent"? Holy shit had I known you started watching wrestling in 2010 I wouldn't have even bothered with you.

Absolutely pathetic my man.
>>
>>2057587
It's OK bud. You bamboozled yourself.

Gonna post that YOB now? Not that 2010 wasn't a nice little giveaway, since that's almost certainly closer to your DOB than it is the year I started watching Nitro.

>>2057590
>and is actually a shitty guy irl. He is unware ofbwhat he is doing.

W O R K E D
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>2057596
>the year I started watching Nitro.
Well shit you actually are this new to wrestling. A true connoisseur such as myself should have never wasted my time with a cretin such as yourself.

Enjoy knowing that Neville will never be a main event star in WWE.
>>
>>2057600
>get BTFO
>posts frog

So you WERE conceived during the Sydney Olympics.
>>
>>2057600
>"Enjoy knowing that Neville will never be a main event star in WWE."
>meanwhile ratings are in freefall

Could the two be connected?
Could a Neville title reign bring about ratings that gravity forgot??
>>
File: Vince_McMahon.jpg (19KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
Vince_McMahon.jpg
19KB, 500x397px
>>2055626
ACHOO PAUL I TOLD YOU WE COULD RE-WRITE HISTORY ENOUGH FOR THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO BELIEVE THAT WE INVENTED WRESTLING! QUICK, PUSH THAT NARRATIVE THAT SHAWN MICHAELS WAS THE GREATEST WRESTLER TO EVER GRACE THE RING WITH HIS PRESENCE AGAIN DAMMIT
>>
>>2057278
>I have only seen stuff from the very late twilight of his career in WWF

This is why your opinion is shit.
>>
>>2055620

The gay thing isn't even part of Young's gimmick particularly (thank god because WWE would probably write it very obnoxiously and badly) and even if it was, who cares
>>
>>2056973
>underage

>>2056975
>not underage

Who am I supposed to trust, /asp/?
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.