[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this match so boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: 25.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
Why was this match so boring?
>>
Every Triple H WM main event with tha exception of 20 was boring

21 had one of the GOAT build ups but thematch was boring especially compared to their later matches
>>
The only decent WM matches haitch has been in are triple threat or against the undertaker, and the last two taker ones were only decent.
>>
Triple 'main event cancer' H was involved in it
>>
a.) they had to follow Shawn Michael's masterpiece with Undercarder
b.) Pat Patterson had nothing to do with putting the match together
c.) Randy Orton is a pretty shitty wrestler and has never had a truly great match
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1281x697px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1281x697px
>>2045476
because HHH always gets BTFO by a match before and the crowd couldn't care less about his main events, like pic related or WM18 with Hogan/Rock.

Even in WM29 when he didn't main event the crowd was dead for his match because it was after Taker/Punk, kek
>>
It was Triple "B+ Player" H vs. HHH Lite.

What did you think was going to happen?

>>2045488
>c.) Randy Orton is a pretty shitty wrestler and has never had a truly great match

This
>>
Because triple h works big event main events like a retard

See: wm18 wm32 wm21 and op

He thinks it makes the match more epic
>>
> Had to follow best WrestleMania match of all time
> Blood feud, resulted in a standard singles match with holds and early pin attempts rather than Hunter trying to kill Randy
It was still okay though.
>>
>>2045506
Unbiased observer here, it was not as good as his Reigns match this past year.

Saying it was "okay" is fair, to an extent, but it was not a satisfying match like the Reigns match was.
>>
>>2045508
>Reigns match
>satisfying

The only satisfying part of that match was the crowd taking a massive dump on it.
>>
>>2045476
Trippple wss involved
>>
>>2045512
I thought Trips performance was fine. As well as his entrance. It made you feel like Roman was overcoming insurmountable odds. It's a shame that Roman is a complete charisma vacuum.
>>
>>2045522
HHH's performance was adequate I guess.
>>
>>2045522

>It made you feel like Roman was overcoming insurmountable odds.

It really didn't, Steph's promo was comical as fuck but in the best way possible, I was laughing my ass off.
>>
>>2045476
Solid but unspectactular hand in the ring: The Wrestlemania Main Event
>>
>>2045529
You're probably right but I still enjoyed the whole entrance with Stephanie. It made it feel like a big deal.
>>
The Bryan match was genuinely Trips' best Mania match ever. He got to be the big mean bastard heel against the plucky underdog babyface and it worked perfectly.
>>
>>2045556
You're probably right. Ironically (?) it jerked the curtain.
>>
>>2045557
>Ironically (?)
Bryan was wrestling twice in one night, makes perfect sense to put it on first.
>>
>>2045476
Because they decided the end to a blood feud should be a regular wrestling match instead of a slugfest. After all that build-up they had the nerve to start the match with a headlock.
>>
>>2045568
You know it's meant to be a fake sport right?
UFC fighters that have beef don't come out swinging, if anything the fights are usually worse since they take less chances in an effort to not lose.
>>
two solid workers who were always the also rans in their feuds.

They're the guys who wrestles the guy who draws money.
>>
>>2045506
>Had to follow best WrestleMania match of all time

I thought it followed Taker vs HBK?
>>
>>2045476
Why the fuck did triple h go over in 2009 and 2010 and 2013 and 2015. What the fuck is his problem. Was he just buttmad that 23 did the highest buyrate and he wasn't even on the card?
>>
>>2045522
>>2045524
Compared to his matches against Bryan, Ziggler, and Ambrose, you can tell Triple H was taking the piss out of him.
>>
>>2045571

I've never seen a post that so perfectly encapsulates why wrestling is shit now.
>>
File: 1480768776395.png (99KB, 540x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480768776395.png
99KB, 540x476px
Following a match from Taker or Shawn, even worse when both of them together, makes you look like a pre-show piece of shit.
>>
>>2045748
Have you ever considered that maybe the reason why Reigns fails where his peers succeed is because he's just not very good?

You can only blame literally everything else for so long, bbygrrrl.
>>
>>2045806
No, I know Roman Reigns sucks ass, but Triple H has carried worse people to better matches.
>>
>>2045823
>but Triple H has carried worse people to better matches.

Citation FUCKING needed.
>>
>be Randy Orton
>10/10 wrestler who gives 50% of a shit
>be Triple H
>5/10 wrestler who gives a shit
>5/10 vs 5/10
>it's a 5/10 match
>"Why was this match 5/10?"

Absolutely makes me think.
>>
>>2045488
>Randy Orton is a pretty shitty wrestler and has never had a truly great match

Undertaker
>>
>>2045840
>Orton
>10/10

lol, no.
>>
>>2045849
Are we listing them off shitty wrestlers who have never had a truly great maatch?
Oh boy
>Kane
>Triple H
>The Rock
>Dusty Rhodes
>Batista

>>2045856
>thinks I care about his opinion

keke
>>
Haitch matches are shit when he has to carry them

His best matches were against guys like Bryan and Benoit
>>
>>2045863
Keep telling me how much you don't care. It's real convincing.
>>
^^^
Is he obsessed
>>
>>2045895
This amateur-hour shit is pathetic. Back to roblox now cholo.
>>
>>2045833
>Injured-Steiner, though that match was shitty too. I was there and Steiner got booed out of the building.
>Goldberg
>Umaga
>Sheamus, when Sheamus still had his five moves of doom
>Batista was still green during their feud, especially in the hell in the cell, though he did carry his own at Mania
>Foley was a broken mess in their hell in a cell, and while I wouldn't say he was worse of than Semen Stains, he was definitely too slow on his own to keep up with 2000 Triple H

He's also shown a knack for hiding his opponents weaknesses, like Foley, Sheamus, Rock, Austin, Ambrose, etc.

Triple H could have made that match a hell of a lot better than it was, but Vince just wants to make Leakee look strong.
>>
How do I keep dragging (You)'s from him after burying him six feet under
>>
>>2045902
Sheamus is a way fucking better worker than HHH.
>>
>>2045912
t. Bret
>>
>>2045933
You meant:

>-t. anybody with fucking eyes
>>
>>2045936
t. Bret
>>
>>2045902
>Steiner
By your own admission, that match was shitty, therefore Haitch didn't carry.
>Goldberg
Shitty, no carry.
>Umaga
Shitty, no carry.
>Sheamus
Wasn't nearly as good as he is now at the time, but can hold his own, didn't need to be carried.
>Batista
Didn't need it, either.
>Foley
Kinda carried, but Foley's storytelling dwarfs his, so it's more like Foley held up an area and Haitch held up an area; they supported their respective fields.
>>
>>2045663
No it followed Big Show vs Edge vs John Cena.

Literally. Go back and check
>>
Man Orton was so fucking hot after winning the Rumble, they totally killed his momentum with this match.

He could have been the next Austin
>>
>>2046193
18+
>>
>>2045944
>SEETHING
>>
>>2045476
Both guys can't wrestle.
>>
>>2045476

Cause they both need to be carried to good matches
>>
>>2045556
Trips best mania matches:

Vs. Bryan 30
Vs. Shawn and Redacted 20
Vs. Taker 28
Vs. Taker 17

That's it. 27 was shit too.
>>
>>2046920

>HHH best WM matches are the ones where he got carried by cream of the crop workers

Well color me surprised
>>
>>2046920

28 is shit.
>>
>>2045488
Two outta three ain't bad.
>>
>>2045522
>I thought Trips performance was fine. As well as his entrance.
I mean, I guess. Matrix dom Steph was neat and the zombies were corny in a fun way, but I just thought the entrance was pretty lame compared to WM30.

Like, that shit was ridiculous in the best way possible.
>>
Do people generally forget Cena and Triple H had a match at WrestleMania 22?

It was his best mania match too
>>
>>2045557
>Bryan's win gets the crowd hot for the upcoming show
>He gets three hours to rest for the main event
Made perfect sense.
>>
>>2047003
I agree. Shame about the sledgehammer BS.
>>
>>2046193
Austin had mic skills, charisma + drawing power.
>>
No Benoit or Bryan or Christian or any other top-tier carrier involved.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.