[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestle Kingdom 11 full card announced.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

File: okadakenny.jpg (32KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
okadakenny.jpg
32KB, 480x320px
http://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw-reveals-complete-wrestle-kingdom-11-lineup-226366

>The best wrestling event of 2017 is taking place only 4 days into the year.

Get hyped bros!
>>
>he watches anything outside of WWE
>>
>>2042015
Cute girls dig njpw
>>
>outlaw karate
>>
>>2042012

>inb4 the casual drones invade this thread and say 1 of the following things:

- outlaw rasslin
- NJPW is an "indy" promotion
- not watching WWE? kys
- "I thought the Old Day Segments were funny"
- WWE is the only promotion that matters

but other than that, OP I'm hype for Kenny winning the IWGP Championship!
>>
>>2042028

Lmfao go back to watching Nascar and reading your Hunters Digest you fucking white trash backwoods hick
>>
>>2042012

Inoki has just rolled in his grave at how shit the card is.
>>
File: nash.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
nash.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>2042037

>inb4 the casual drones invade this thread and say 1 of the following things:
>YOU BIN TRIGGERED CUNT
>>
>>2042037
>>2042044
>>2042060
>I'm so cool I understand the non-casual parts of "Professional Wrestling"! Let me and my overweight neckbeard friend do a podcast on it
>>
>>2042012
Who
Who

>>2042044
>>2042037
TRIGGERED
>>
Based Kenny is going to BTFO Memekada.
>>
>>2042037
>but other than that, OP I'm hype for Kenny winning the IWGP Championship!
Yeah it'll be great when that happens at like New Beginning or some other show, cause it's not happening at WK

Card isn't great desu. I'm sure most of the matches will be good but I'm not really hyped about anything beyond Hiromu vs KUSHIDA and Kota Mask vs Tiger za Daku

>Rambo
Sure, there'll be some keks
>Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark
Now this is what I tuned in for
>Young Bucks vs RPG Vice
I hope RPG Vice win and actually have a decent reign but I have no interest in watching a Bucks match
>NEVER 6-Man Gauntlet
The fact that all of LIJ and Ishii are being wasted in this clusterfuck is mindboggling
>Groady Chodes vs Juice
Cody gets a spot on the card that could have gone to an actual NJPW guy and they don't even have the decency to make it a compelling match. Juice deserves better than having to job to this goon
>KOR vs Cole
Oh great another heatless ROH title match featuring Adam Cole, one of the least over people in Japan
>GBH vs GOD
Literally who gives a fuck. This time if GBH win don't have them lose the titles a month later, Gedo
>KUSHIDA vs Hiromu
MOTN
>Shibata vs Goto
Will be decent I guess but I've seen this match 7 times in the past few years and what more is there to it
>Naito vs Tana
Again will be a good match but I'm way more interested in what happens to Naito after he jobs than the match itself
>Okada vs Omega
Another match guaranteed to be good but the build has been so lacklustre I just don't care

I'll probably get into it as I watch but right now my hype levels are through the floor
>>
>>2042012
No Mutoh. Damn.

Omega won"t win.
>>
>>2042015
>>2042028
>>2042062
>>2042064
>>2042085
this is one lonely autist who lives for this board so just ignore him
>>
>>2042012
Last 5 matches should all be good to great, everythingvelse will probably at least be alright, can't wait tbqh
>>
I've only seen WK10 and G1 Climax 26 so have my inexperienced opinions

>New Japan Rumble
>Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark
yeah sure
>Young Bucks vs Rocky Romero & Baretta
not gonna watch
> Trios title gauntlet match
seems like a waste of a bunch of talent on a mess of a match where no one can really shine
>Cody vs. Juice Robinson
>Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole
who? don't care.
>Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
boring
>KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi
don't know them really, but fine.
>Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto
Shibata seems way more impressive than Goto
>Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Nice, only match I'm actually interested in
>Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega
Don't really care for either of them.

this doesn't seem all that great, and where's based Nakajima
>>
>>2042151
TRIGGERED
>>
>>2042176
>GoD v GBH
>boring
you should watch the world tag league final mate
>>
>>2042176
Noah and Njpw no longer work together.
>>
>>2042012
I'm hyped purely because of Shibata vs Goto, Tana vs Naito, and Okada vs Omega.
WK10 had the best straight hour or so of flat-out wrestling I've ever seen with it's final three matches. WK11 looks like it could top that.
>>
>>2042185
Not being open to working with other companies/notable freelancers they don't have a hold over is honestly one of the worst things about current NJPW. Yuji Hino showing up in the G1 or Eita popping up one BoSJ would be hype as fuck but it'll never happen, whereas I can go watch AJPW and aw shit there's all these DDT, BJW, K-DOJO, whateverthefuck guys throwing down
>>
>>2042012
>Cody Rhodes is still parlaying his """status""" as an ex-WWE guy to worm himself into cards he has no business being in
He can't keep getting away with this.
>>
>>2042202
It really has exposed how limited he is in talent that he's essentially lived off of name-recognition and formerly working in the WWE.
I used to like him in the WWE, but what a fucking 3 star hack he promptly revealed himself to be.
>>
>royaru rumbru
many keks to be had
>anime
GOAT tier match
>jr tag division
literally who cares
>trios gauntlet
why the fuck is there so much talent in this clusterfuck match that's going to have to wrestle shitters like Ospreay, Finlay, Page, Fale and Yujiro? What a waste, please win based LOS
>Cody vs Juice
Juice is going to do the job even though he's a much better wrestler
>ROH
O'Reily will be over at least and they normally have decent matches. Cole will get no heat though as usual.
>GOD vs GHB
GOD are trash and it sucks based GHB are being wasted
>jr. IWGP title
This is going to be match of the night by a big margin, hyped as fuck.
>Shibby vs le choke man
Great match that you've seen a million times before.
>Big Match Tana vs Big Merch Naito
The building is going to be going off it's head the entire time, not sure how good the actual match will be but it's guaranteed to be a good time had by all.
>Okada vs Omega
OKADAWINSLOL, but also it's a fine match that's going to be great, but not best match on the card. If BC interfere it's trash.

Overall pretty disappointing card tbqh when compared to the last few WKs.
>>
>>2042060
Inoki's not dead
>>
>>2042252
>GOD is trash and it sucks based GHB are being wasted
? Its the complete opposite, the only good match GBH have even had this year was literally against god lmao
>>
>>2042191
Blame it on kidani. He is basically trying to be like vince.
>>
>>2042191
AJPW's cards are laughable. Baba would be rolling in his grave if he saw what that company as become.
>>
>>2042012
When and What is this going to happen?
>>
>>2042264
But GOD's only good match was against GHB, at least GHB has two over, talented wrestlers instead of one like GOD does. The match will be mediocre and heatless. That match exists while Ishii, LOS and HASHI are in gauntlet hell and Goto is high on the card.

This card is underwhelming, though from the jr. IWGP match onwards the show will be great.

>>2042308
AJPW cards are great, filled with big bois and have finally started drawing crowds again. Kento has been best ace, Jun is still great, Suwama is based, Zeus and bodyguard have been based, Okabayashi has been awesome and Sekimoto is the best hoss in wrestling. AJPW this year have been the best they've been in a decade.
>>
File: tamatonga.jpg (11KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
tamatonga.jpg
11KB, 225x300px
>>2042326
BAsed tama carrying his brother, I thought he was going to go solo and go after the IC title and perhaps get a shot at the main title but his brother has halted that.
>>
>>2042326
>but gods only good match was against GBH
the Ishii YH match was pretty good and the war machine match was pretty alright, i know ill get the usual they're getting carried meme but the GBH match completely disproves that considering how awful that match was earlier in the year
>>
>>2042326
I disagree. They were in better shape two years ago when they still had Go Shiozaki, Kotaro Suzuki, Akebono and Yoshinobu Kanemaru on their roster.. now they have about 5 signed talent and a bunch of freelancers.

The junior and tag divisions are nonexistent and most of their cards are outsiders who shouldn't even be wrestling on television. It's an absolute shitshow.

>AJPW this year have been the best they've been in a decade.

This is the most absurd thing I have ever read on this entire board.

Did you start watching All Japan yesterday?
>>
Won't lie, I'm looking foward for Okada v Omega
>>
What time does it normally starts?

And why the fuck its on a wednesday?
>>
>>2042255
>Dumb cunt who don't know Antonio has been a vampire since 2003. It's why he was forced underground and NJPW went to shit
>>
>>2042433
Inoki's NJPW was even worse and was the reason the company was in the bad state that it was in until Okada came along. The MMA roidheads Inoki pushed as Gods doomed the business for years.
>>
>>2042351

Looking forward to the main event that has had about a half year of storytelling? Wow, bold statement. Controversial. Wow.
>>
>>2042375
Around 3am Eastern time.

NJPW biggest event has always taken place on January 4th. ALWAYS.
>>
>>2042442
I know. thank you.
>>
>>2042447
whats so special about jan 4th?
>>
>>2042441
>Until Okada came along
You mean Bushiroad mate
>>
>>2042442
>Looking forward to the main event that has had about a half year of storytelling?
Is this on some other show I don't know about? Because it sure as shit isn't Okada vs Omega
>>
>>2042375
430am EST

Watch the replay after it airs using njpwworld.com

It's always on 1/4 because that's some type of Japanese holiday. It's the same date every year.
>>
>>2042346
>most of their cards are outsiders who shouldn't even be wrestling on television
It would have been perfect bait if you hadn't given yourself away like this
>>
How hard will Cody flop?
>>
>>2042494

Actually, Omega announced himself as the new leader of the Bullet Club after kicking out Styles and subsequently announced he will no longer fight in the Junior Division and will go after the heavyweight title.

After spending the first half of 2016 trying to make himself a contender, he won the G1 Climax in August of 2016. This essentially guaranteed him the main event at WK. You could argue when Omega's story began, but it definitely had seeds on 1/5/16 and became concrete after the G1.
>>
>>2042508
That isn't the story of Okada vs Omega though. Nothing about that built to him challenging at WK except him winning the G1, unless you think that doing comedy spots in NEVER 6-Man title matches is "planting the seeds" in the intricate web that is the deep lore of NJPW. Give me a fucking break
People literally making shit up to try and frame Gedo's booking as masterful is the most asinine nonsense
>>
>>2042497
You think Rey Paloma, Naoshi Sano, Masao Inoue, Kendo Kashin, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Masanobu Fuchi and Chavo Guerrero Sr. should be on anyone's television in 2016... or ever? Talk about bottom of the barrel. All Japan is depressing. Just bring back KENSO and get rid of all of this filth.

And yes, I'm totally trying to bait the one All Japan mark who exists on this board. You got me.
>>
>>2042508
>Actually, Omega announced himself as the new leader of the Bullet Club after kicking out Styles and subsequently announced he will no longer fight in the Junior Division and will go after the heavyweight title.
He challenged Nakamura for the IC, he never said anything about the Heavyweight in that promo.
>>
>>2042514

Okay, you can certainly feel that way.
The original point stands though. This match is going to be absolutely phenomena.
>>
>>2042514
What comedy spots?
>>
>Cody vs. Juice Robinson
the state of chink """"""""""wrestling""""""""""
>>
>>2042514
What story do you need? Kenny Omega shagging Okada's girlfriend or something? It's a fucking first-time ever match up between face and heel. That's story enough. Plenty of WK matches have happened with 'no story' attached to it.. it's puro.
>>
>>2042518

He said he is leaving the junior division.
First step out of juniors is the IC.
>>
>>2042520
Never argued that. By any standard it'll be a good match; the booking surrounding it has been lacklustre is my point

>>2042517
Given that the crowd pops for Fuchi he probably should be TV, yeah
>>
>>2042525
Sure, that doesn't change the fact that the person I was responding to said something that didn't happen.
>>
File: gotta tip em all.png (71KB, 263x200px) Image search: [Google]
gotta tip em all.png
71KB, 263x200px
>.. it's puro.
>>
>>2042176
Couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>2042524
It's the main event of their biggest show, of course it needs a story, don't be fucking daft
Literally the reason everyone was going apeshit over Okada vs Tana this year was because it had a year of build
>>
>>2042541
I'm the furthest thing from a fedora-wearing neckbeard, I'm probably the only handsome smark on this board. Wrestling fans are some unsightly people, but I'm the exception.
>>
where is big mike, the only rohtist worth watching
>>
>>2042548
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki at WK8 had no story at all beyond "I want belt and you have belt" and that drew well.

Everyone was going apeship for Okada/Tana? ARE YOU KIDDING? The reaction to that match on the boards was lukewarm at best.. people just wanted that shit to be over with so New Japan could start doing something interesting, which they are now.
>>
>>2042555
Injured
>>
>>2042557
WK6*.
>>
>>2042549
I completely believe you, because I, too, am gorgeous.
>>
File: worked.gif (996KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
worked.gif
996KB, 480x270px
>>2042037
>Omega beating Based Okada in the dome
>>
>>2042555
Hes contracted to new japan mate
>>
>>2042346
>listing Akebono as a positive

Zeus has stopped being absolute shit and Akebono has gotten far away from shitting up cards like he used to. They unironically get more for house shows and big events now that they're willing to branch out. AJPW New Explosion was awesome and legit one of the best shows of the year and one of the best shows AJPW has done in awhile. Jun's booking has been competent and the mid to upper card always delivers.

They're not setting the world on fire but Kento has been the best ace this year and they're actually turning a profit so they're inherently doing better than they have for the past couple of years in that respect. When it comes to entertainment they've at least risen above Wrestle-1 and NOAH's mediocrity (how they both have all that GOAT level talent yet are still mediocre I'll never know). I'd say AJPW has also been more consistently good than NJPW as well, or at least booked better.

>>2042345
I forgot about that Ishii match, convinced me him and Goto were winning the tourney as they honestly should have. War Machine are always awesome so no surprise there. The matches where Tama carries the absolute fuck out of Camacho and wrestles other decent wrestlers do well but mostly just makes me wish Tama was on a singles run.
>>
>>2042579
No he's asking where is Mike on the card
>>
>>2042012
My dick.
>>
>>2042517
I don't understand how anyone can hate on Kendo Kashin
>>
>>2042598
BIG BOSS BONO is a proven draw, whether you like his wrestling or not is beyond the point.

People who hate on Bono and KENSO just don't get wrestling. Those two are geniuses who know how to work within their limitations and they are actually over, unlike most of the talent AJPW uses now. Mutoh's adopted twink son got a bigger pop than most of those hacks.
>>
>>2042598
Zero point responding to that guy, he's just a higher class of baitposter
>>
>>2042642
You're the losers who brought up grimey indie feds like All Japan to a New Japan thread. At the very least compare New Japan to actual good wrestling companies with actual rosters like DDT, Dragon Gate, NOAH or Big Japan.

Who's the baitposter again?
>>
File: Tana Just Stop It.jpg (16KB, 296x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tana Just Stop It.jpg
16KB, 296x400px
>>2042653
>NOAH
>>
>>2042441

Fujita dindu nuffin wrong. And he'd rape Omega and the weeb would love it.

>>2042492

Never forget NJPW is not a wrestling organization. It's a loss leader for the money mark owner of a trading card company,
>>
>>2042701
>Fujita dindu nuffin wrong.

How about all of the times he abused talent at the behest of Big Chin himself, including legit punting Nakamura and Shibata in the heads? He was a major asshole, makes Bork look like a saint.
>>
>>2042653
Every promotion besides Njpw is a indy these days. Noah is in worse shape considering every business mag or sote in Japan rips them.

Still ajpw is booked the best these days. The focus is on the work in the ring lot like the 90's rather than working the crowd or showmanship like wrestle-1.
>>
>>2042701
Njpw makes profits these days. Due to bushiroad adversting it. And it helps that their matches are the most workrate inspired and their characters connect to the fans.

Granted I hate their modern booking, it's very bare bones and formula-tic. Something Njpw never was.
>>
Kenny Omega is the world's champion of overhyped, overushed suckage.

Keep telling yourselves you're smarter though ... wouldn't want your safespace to come crashing down around you.
>>
reminder weeb-enablers

1 (one) rainmaker
>>
>>2042759
ya mad?
>>
Omega is going to win. Where do you go if Okada goes over? I guess you could have him feud with Cody Rhodes, but I don't see Gedo taking that risk.
>>
File: kake.png (442KB, 615x568px) Image search: [Google]
kake.png
442KB, 615x568px
>>2042012
Based Juice Robinson going to blow the fuck out of shitty Cody.
>>
>>2042759
That you Jim?
>>
>>2042151
this
>>
File: 1391814673177.gif (2MB, 839x644px) Image search: [Google]
1391814673177.gif
2MB, 839x644px
>>2042012
>Kenny Omega
People are still falling for this meme?
>>
how do you guys even follow the builds well enough to know if they're shit or not? do you speak moon?
>>
File: STACKS.jpg (186KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
STACKS.jpg
186KB, 500x333px
>>2042870
>Omega is going to win.

Love this meme
>>
>>2042870
The feud just extends to New Beginning or whatever. Okada isn't going to lose at his first WK as Ace.
>>
>>2045082
>>2045410
Nah. You don't have Omega pin Nakamura, Tanahashi, Naito, Shibata and Okada himself only to have him lose the big one. This whole year is about the rise of Omega, and then you factor in that Gedo has already lost 3 talents to WWE... he's going to want Omega happy so he doesn't head to Orlando.
>>
>>2045423
This year is about Okada
Every year is about Okada
>>
>>2045423
You don't have guys win the tag belts at WK then drop them a month later to the guys they beat for them who you already know are leaving the company but Gedo did that so I don't think logic is the way to go here
>>
>>2045410
>implying he was ever ace

uh uh m8, being a silverspoon boring cunt who pins Based Tana doesn't make you ace of jackshit
>>
>>2045423
Totally. It's all about Okada, but Okada will run out of challengers if he wins at WK and Gedo knows this. The hero is only as good as his villains.

>>2045437
>Implying Gedo gives a single fuck about the tag belts
>>
>>2042632
KENSO is shit.
>>
>>2042759
>-t. Romark
>>
Amazing how besides the chucklefucks at the start and that one AJPW guy puro threads are by far the best on /asp/.

Truly forces one to ponder.

>97 posts
>40 IPs
>>
File: CzSy8N2WIAEEMVy.jpg (167KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CzSy8N2WIAEEMVy.jpg
167KB, 768x1024px
WTF?! I hate Dick Togo now.
>>
>>2045516
>hating Dick Togo
>ever
Dick Togo could stab my mother in front of me and I'd just assume she must have done something to deserve it
>>
>people are still falling for the omega meme

Okada isn't losing in his first big defence in the dome as the crowned ace of the company. No one in japan gives a fuck about Omega except some fan girls. He's barely even the 4th most popular or most over person in the company. Okada is being pushed as the media star, so Okada is winning.
>>
File: Cy4xkHpUsAEAQWX.jpg (410KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cy4xkHpUsAEAQWX.jpg
410KB, 1152x2048px
>Check out Kazuki Hashimoto's twitter
>see this
wtf I'm gay now
>>
>>2045503
If he wins then they build to Naito or Tana again or Shibby if he drops the belt or literally anyone they feel like promoting. Omega isn't even close to his last challenger.
>>
Who's the samefag going on about "Omega memes"? I don't even like Omega but sheesh it's getting retarded.
>>
>>2045525
Obligatory reminder that Okada still owes a title shot to

BEST
MATCH
ISHII
>>
File: we do we go from.png (3MB, 1840x1184px) Image search: [Google]
we do we go from.png
3MB, 1840x1184px
>>2045521
>We're supposed to believe this is the same person

What did Big Japan do to the real K-Hash?
>>
File: Tozawa.png (849KB, 575x580px) Image search: [Google]
Tozawa.png
849KB, 575x580px
>>2045531
>We're supposed to believe this is the same person
What did DG do to the real Tozawa?
>>
File: 30e.jpg (45KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
30e.jpg
45KB, 625x468px
>>2045526
> but sheesh
>>
>>2045526

People thinking that a comedy heel gaijin is going to beat the newly crowned ace of the company are equally retarded. I like Kenny, in spite of his flaws, but he's got to be there to give Okada a big win at the Dome.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.