[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WCW/ general For the fans who were around the watch WCW What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: dubyaceedubya.jpg (140KB, 1577x710px) Image search: [Google]
dubyaceedubya.jpg
140KB, 1577x710px
/WCW/ general

For the fans who were around the watch WCW

What was your favourite moment in WCW history?
>>
>>2041500
Also, based Sean O'Haire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M20cH2Na7dg
>>
Late-90s WCW heel Jericho was god-tier.

>>2041502
I will never understand why so many people (retroactively, it seems) thought O'Haire was some missed diamond.
>>
>>2041510
18+

Kys then post your birth certificate
>>
File: fabulous.png (522KB, 506x636px) Image search: [Google]
fabulous.png
522KB, 506x636px
>>2041511
>18+

Bitch please. I was watching first-run Nitro in the late 90s.

You wanna talk about a REAL missed opportunity?

THIS glorious motherfucker right here.
>>
>>2041500
I was a Glacier mark back in the day. It's mostly because he was one of my favorites to play as in WCW/NWO World Tour.
https://youtu.be/8XR-e71qUUM
>>
>>2041500
Jericho fucking with Malenko was pretty great.
The best of 5 series between Booker T and Benoit.
Damn near any Scott Steiner promo.
The night Goldberg speared Bret and knocked himself out.
Nash beating Goldberg for the title.
Benoit winning the title.
Steiner winning the title.
>>
>>2041510
Because O'Haire was a legitimate MMA Bad Ass, he had that look that he could become the next Scott Steiner-esque monster heel. He didn't have all that much mic skills, but they could've been developed with time.

All in all, he could've been GOAT but never lived up to his potential.
>>
1995 and pre-Outsiders debut 1996 WCW is comfy-tier wrestling.
>>
>>2041526
>legitimate MMA badass

4-2.

And 3 of his victories were aluminium cans.
>>
>>2041529
Tweener Luger in the freshman year of Nitro is GOAT.
>>
>>2041530
Regardless of his win-loss record, he was a trained Mixed Martial Artist and probably could've kicked most wrestlers' asses legit. But anyway, the point is he had the look of a legitimate bad ass, like a Scott Steiner. And like Steiner (in his early days), he had a very innovative and athletic move set. Have you ever see a 6'6, 270lbs man as agile as a cruiserweight? That's why people see him as a missed diamond.
>>
File: 1446750765667.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446750765667.png
291KB, 600x512px
>>2041534
>Luger
>GOAT
Those two words should never go in the same sentence
>>
Sting-Hogan probably had the best build ever in WCW, followed by the worst blow-off ever in WCW. But man, watching the early NWO days was exciting as fuck.

Jericho-Malenko was an amazing feud. I loved the WCW cruiserweight division with guys like Rey, Juventud, Psychosis, La Parka, Ultimo Dragon, Eddie etc... Not always well-booked, but great matches in general.

And the Horsemen... fuck. That was brilliant. And shit like World War 3... I miss the old WCW excitement. Yes, there was a lot of horrid shit. But the memories are great.
>>
>>2041543
Juventud is the best cruiserweight in history, no doubt.
>>
>>2041543
I still think to this very day that Hogan played some politics with Nick Patrick to make the supposed 'fast count' a normal count and make Sting/Bret look like bitter idiots.
>>
File: Gladiator.jpg (38KB, 650x502px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator.jpg
38KB, 650x502px
>>2041541
Did you watch?

>>2041538
>Have you ever see a 6'6, 270lbs man as agile as a cruiserweight?

Yes.

>>2041544
I like Juvi but he was sloppy as fuck.
>>
>>2041557
Sean O'Haire was even more so agile than Awesome. Don't get me wrong though, I was a HUGE Awesome mark. Absolutely fantastic underrated wrestler.
>>
File: s0z8.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
s0z8.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>2041560
>Sean O'Haire was even more so agile than Awesome.

nah
>>
>>2041576
You would never see Mike Awesome doing backflips off the top rope, though. He wasn't as agile as O'Haire.
>>
Is there like... A 24/7 wrestle stream we can all watch?

Kind of like how /tv/ has suptv dot org?
>>
>>2041581
Springboard Suicidas are way harder to hit than Sentons.

Fucking Mr. Kennedy does a Senton.
>>
>>2041586
I'm not arguing that, but I didn't say anything about a senton either. I said backflips.
>>
>>2041584
You can watch Nitro on watchwrestling.tc

Just type Nitro 1997 into the search bar
>>
>>2041589
Gonna need a source lad.
>>
>>2041597
Watch the o'Haire video posted earlier in the thread
>>
>>2041631
I just saw the one 30 seconds in. So what?

Awesome is still clearly a better athlete by every metric except "b-backflipz!"
>>
>>2041641
>Awesome
>A better 'athlete' than somebody who actually fought in multiple 'athletic' sports like kickboxing and mixed martial arts
ok
>>
>>2041643
>>2041641
And also, if you watch the video, the second clip clearly shows O'Haire standing on the ropes, just as Awesome did in that gif. O'Haire quite clearly could've been capable of doing a springboard suicide dive.
>>
>>2041643
Guess how I can tell you've never seen O'Haire in those sports.

>>2041648
>O'Haire quite clearly could've been capable of doing a springboard suicide dive.

But he didn't.
>>
>>2041666
But he quite clearly could've. He's a better athlete than Awesome, just admit it. I'm a huge Awesome fan, but O'Haire was the better athlete.

Better pro-wrestler? No. But better athlete.
>>
>>2041669
>could've

But he didn't.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and we're not in Hypothetical-Land.
>>
>>2041679
But he did a flawless senton and backflips off the top rope. Awesome didn't.
>>
>>2041692
Awesome did pin-point springboard moves that even most cruiserweight didn't.
>>
>>2041700
Both we incredible big men wrestlers and should've been pushed big time.
>>
>>2041704
Not the guy you're talking to but I feel like Awesome got plenty of chances to get pushed...he doesn't have the charisma to equal is amazing abilities, he's kinda dead eyed and it didn't seem like he really enjoyed working, you know?
>>
>>2041725
I get what you're saying, but Awesome could've been pushed as some sort of monster heel. He had that menacing look to him. Not many monster heels need the mic skills. Sort of like a Vader/Kane type.
>>
>>2041725
>Awesome got plenty of chances

Yeah, it's really on him that "Fat Chick Thrilla" wasn't successful.
>>
>>2041502
im not telling you anything you didn't already know
>>
>>2041737
Don't forget about The Mullet King or That 70s Guy
>>
>>2041525
That Malenko-Jericho feud was so damn good. As a Malenko Mark it was his highest point to me.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.