[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come they never sold fucking anyones offense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
How come they never sold fucking anyones offense?
>>
Their gimmick was they squash.
Same as the APA.
If you have the right guys, it works.
LoD were the right guys.
>>
File: hawkstrongest.webm (503KB, 684x445px) Image search: [Google]
hawkstrongest.webm
503KB, 684x445px
>>2039766

Because fuck you.
>>
>>2039766
No psychology
>>
bercause they're terrible
>>
>>2040250
18+
>>
>>2040252
>selling less than an indie finish fuckfest is good wrestling

memes
>>
>>2040256
They drew prolific dimes in multiple territories across multiple decades. That's good wrestling.
>>
>>2039766

Is there a tag team who are bigger marks for themselves than these guys?

Besides the Young Bucks.
>>
>>2040262
>dey drew dimes!

lol
>>
>>2040265
enzo and cass
>>2040269
*MULTIPLE dimes, anon.
>>
>>2040271
>hanging onto the coat tails of actual draws and being on the same card = drawing

kel
>>
>>2040275
>thinking he can dispute Road Warriors' star drawing power

KEK lad. Good luck growing your first pube.
>>
>>2040275
You need to up your bait game matey. You're not getting enough bites
>>
>>2040279
>road warriors drew money just trust me!

Get a clue
>>
>>2039766
they were so full of roids and coke that they felt nothing
>>
>>2040279
New day has sold more merch and drawn more dimes than the roid warriors
>>
T. Mad smarks
>>
>>2040320
There's more money to be made now than back. Exposure. Wrestling wasn't nearly as big in those days.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (59KB, 1025x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
59KB, 1025x768px
>>2039766
They were psychotic maniacs from the wasteland. They didn't feel pain and their bodies were made of iron.
>>
File: Road+Warrior+7[1].jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Road+Warrior+7[1].jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>2040505
more accurate example
>>
>>2040288
Stealing /woo/ memes
>>
>>2039766

They more or less took the Hogan approach to American wrestling - rarely put anyone over and nosold a lot of offense. The gimmick was pretty clever as well, albeit a diret ripoff of Wes from Mad Max 2.

They were over for years, mostly because they moved from territory to territory before the schtick got stale in one place.

Hawk was the better wrestler of the pairing, Animal was the heater because he couldn't do very much and got gassed quickly. They never really had any 5 star matches that I know of, or helped build any new stars. There's a video clip online of them stiffing the undertaker (when he was starting out) in a match and Dan Spivey fucking laced into both of them with a chair.

Now Animal's all butthurt as well that he was never asked to be a backstage guy like his brother Johnny Ace, so he joined that lawsuit bullshit about concussions. I don't know what exactly he thinks he could teach, no-selling/ roiding up and gassing out in 2 minutes isn't exactly a fine art.

Far as I'm concerned, they both only ever cared about themselves throughout their careers, after a while, being assholes catches up with you.
>>
>>2040585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlvx2tiFa8

video clip in question
>>
they came from an era where just winning made you over, you didn't need to be able to cut a promo or do anything decent in the ring, just as long as you won, you were over. They were known for simply beating people up because they had no real skill and to make it known that if someone politiked better than they did and was booked to go over them, they'd just stiff them even harder in the ring

standard cuntery
>>
>>2040684
son you got worked
>>
>>2040684
He's hardly stiffing them, he's hitting the mat you fucking mark.
>>
>>2042138
>>2042139
>"There was the time I beat them [Road Warriors] up with a chair," Spivey recalled. "That was in Corpus Christi [in the video above] and I felt like they were beating Mark up, and he never did anything. Just as a person, I was pissed and I beat them up with a chair after the match. After the match we were in the back and Mark said 'are we going to get in trouble for this?' and I said 'don't worry about it, kid.' He thought they were going to be pissed. We were taking off our boots and I hear them coming up the stairs cussing. They just said 'great match, guys' and that was the end of that."
>>
>>2042139
But but but if he was hitting the mat then that would mean the Road Warriors were selling the chair shots and they can't have been doing that because the Road Warriors never sold!

Muh cognitive dissonance! REEEE!
>>
>>2042140
>Gets worked by the match
>gets worked by the shoot interview
>gets worked twice

You really are a dumb mark aint you?
>>
>>2042145
Is that really the best you've got, manlet?
>>
>>2040262

Yeah, like the Young Bucks!
>>
>>2042148
You've already laid yourself out with a self-inflicted chair shot. I'm just putting my boot on your chest now for the slow three-count.

Mark.
>>
>>2042152
This is real low energy, Jeb. Sad!
>>
>>2039775
story behind this?
>>
>>2042160
Hawk thinking that anyone still cares about them aside from nostalgia. He pulled the same shit in this match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=638-tkk_efw and was released shortly thereafter. You can see Kane going "WTF" after the match when he gest up immediately from taking two finishers.
>>
>>2042152
SEETHING
>>
>>2042152
Cringe

>>2042390
Max cringe
>>
>>2042390
>>2042395

>the Indy equivalent of posts
>>
>>2042402
> indy
> not outlaw

First day here huh?
>>
>>2042405

>I'm a veteran of asp

Proudest moment of your life
>>
>>2040684
Those hits at 0:54 and 0:57 are fucking sick.. right on the edge of the chair, watch hawk twitch, that was a zinger and a half.
>>
>>2042139
The 0:57 one is right onto hawks head, you see him jolt like he's been hit by lightning, there are a few hits on the mat too, but he definitely connected with a few receipts
>>
>>2042145
I suppose you think newspapers print white ink on black paper too, either that or you're a deliberately obtuse moron.
>>
>>2039775
I think Hawk was fired straight after this wasn't he?
>>
>>2042182
He deserved to get fired, the massive cunt
>>
>>2040326
You worded that wrong. Wrestling was actually bigger back then. It is just that WWE has a far bigger global reach than they ever have before. They also have the internet to help sell tons of merch. Wrestling has been declining for over a decade now bro.
>>
>>2039766

Cocaine
>>
>>2042129
This really
>>
>>2039999
>>
>>2042182
>fucks up their own finisher
>takes two finishers by guys that are over
>gets right back up after the three

the fucking state of these cunts
>>
>>2039775
I'm glad he died early
>>
>>2039775
>takes a piledriver
>gets up before the guy giving the piledriver
>>
>>2039775
Yo, what the fuck? Isn't this when Kane's gimmick was being the stonger, younger brother of the Undertaker, and was pushed as the biggest monster heel on the roster?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.