[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /asp/ Whats your match of the year for 2016?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 9

Okay /asp/
Whats your match of the year for 2016?
>>
>>2038160
Rumpman Ringus vs Anglo Saxon Fashionable for the World Wrestling Sports Wrestledude Championtitle
>>
Nakamura vs. Zayn at Takeover Dallas
>>
revival diy
>>
HHH vs. The Big Dog
>>
Roadblock: End of the Line Iron Man Match
>>
>>2038160
The main event of roadblock: sasha vs charlotte in a 60 minute ironwoman match
>>
El Generico vs Kevin Steen
every match they had this year
>>
AJ Styles vs Roman Reigns Extreme Rules
>>
>>2038160
GIVE ME A HELL YEAH
>>
>>2038243
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>2038203
Have sex
>>
Sasha V Charlotte HiaC
>>
AJ vs Cena Summerslam.
>>
Outlaw shit. In WWE, probably >>2038189
>>
>>2038165
This
>>
>>2038239
This
>>
>>2038203
>>2038259
Seek Sunlight. Wymen can't wrassle.
>>
File: GQkOyDp.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
GQkOyDp.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>2038198
>>
>>2038165
This is mine as well. Great match.
>>
BMJ vs. BMAJ at Summerslam.
>>
>>2038165
This. Only match from this year I've watched multiple times.
>>
>>2038165
This followed by AA vs Revival and then DIY vs Revival
>>
Asuka vs Bailey: NXT Takeover Dallas
>>
Naito vs Omega

In WWE: Revival vs DIY
>>
Smackdown V Raw men Survivor Series match
>>
>>2038470
Shit opinion
>>
>>2038212
Owens versus Zayn in their "final" match at Battleground is my MOTY. The Heluva Kick doubletap at the end was the cherry on top of a perfect match.
>>
>>2038160
D.I.Y vs. The Revival in Toronto
>>
Anything from NXMEME is for faggots. The correct answer is BMJ vs BMAJ @ SummerSlam
>>
Brock vs. Goldberg
>>
>>2038556
Oh my god yes. Honestly I was watching that match again last night now that the network has released their best of 2016 collection. The storytelling in that match alone is better than anything else WWE has put on this year.
>>
I'm doing my top five and including my favorite moment, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I FEEL LIKE DOING.

5. Asuka/Bayley at Brooklyn
>When Bayley breaks the Asuka Lock and hits her finisher. It was a pretty great callback to their Dallas match. Then when she starts hulking up, but Asuka just kicks her head off.
4. HHH/Ambrose at Roadblock
>Ambrose using the Figure Four and Sharpshooter, because it's so unexpected to see him using submssions. Then when he hits Dirty Deeds and Triple H just looks fucking dead and for a split second when the ref counts 3, you think he won.
3. AJ/Cena at Summerslam
>You're taught to believe that when a guy sets somebody up for a move by getting them on the ropes or their shoulders, and the guy starts throwing elbows or punches, the move isn't gonna work. So when Cena's setting AJ on the top rope, but AJ throws elbows, you think okay, AJ's gonna get down, but then Cena goes "FUCK IT, HERE WE GO" and hits the Avalanche AA anyway and you think, fuck, it's gotta be over, but AJ just kicks out. It's really easy for a false finish to be total bullshit, but that one subverts your expectations twice, I love it.
2. Zayn/Owens at Battleground
>The part where after this perfectly told story and perfect blow-off to their rivalry, they went to different brands, sealing this as their final match instead of having Zayn do nothing and Owens turn into a joke champion and completely invalidating the result by having Owens beat Zayn twice on Raw. Also, the maybe kinda sorta botch that they immediately worked into the match.
1. Revival/DIY in Toronto
>Literally the whole thing, but that series of roll-ups at the end is pure tension, then when Gargano locks in the Garga-No Escape, I was marking out in my living room.
>>
Hardy Vs. Hardy: The Final Deletion
nuff said.
>>
Mickey Gall vs CM Punk
>>
File: absolute madman.gif (2MB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.gif
2MB, 358x202px
Kendrick v. Ibushi, hands-down. Fantastic wrestling, a compelling story, a hot crowd (and I fucking hate full meme with a passion), innovative spots, God-tier ring psychology, great pacing leading up to an insane climax that exemplified the whole story in one single moment, and a heartfelt, emotional aftermath. It was literally everything I could possibly want out of a wrestling match.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I remember that for a magical moment in time, everyone forgot about the memes and just enjoyed this damn good match.
>>
>>2038160
The Shield Triple threat.
There were so many moving parts going into that match. The looming brand split, the managers, Roman coming off suspension, Dean and Seth just had a "pride" match on raw, etc.
I thought it was going to get wacky and have a finish so dusty that it could cause a sandstorm. Nope, Dean wins it clean. Pinning Roman no less
>>
Brock Lesnar Vs Heath Slaters kids
>>
DIY vs the Revival at NXT Brooklyn
>>
Goldberg vs Lesnar
>>
These ones are all good

>Big Dog vs AJ at Payback
>Massive Mastiff vs AJ Styles at Extreme Rules
>Intercontinental Match at Extreme Rules.
>AJ vs Cena Summerslam
>Big Dog vs Seth at Money in the back (not battlefield because Ambrose stunk that joint up).
>Dolph vs Miz No Mercy and Backlash
>>
>>2038915
I dunno, bro.

I think Seth vs Roman at MITB was better, Ambrose did't really add anything to the battleground match.
>>
ShinGOAT vs YAMATO

In the fed it's out of Cena vs AJ, Miz vs Dolph title vs career, DIY vs Revival at Toronto, Zayn vs Owens and Zayn vs Nak.

It probably goes to DIY vs Revival, that belt spot to them going for each other's finishes to catching gargano's through the ropes spear to the toll ups to the ring cutting to the near falls the match was fucking insane from start to finish. Legit best worked american style tag match in decades.
>>
>>2039106
Solid list just add owens v zayn
>>
>>2039157
Makes you wonder why they don't do two-out-of-three falls more often. It can lead to some really fucking good storytelling.
>>
>>2039173
Yeah, pretty good.
>>
>>2038160
The Final Deletion.

The strongest involuntary reaction to any wrestling event I had this year was doubling over in laughter at the "IT'S A DEEE-LAPIDATED BOAT!" moment.
>>
Revival Vs. DIY
Nakamura Vs. Zayn
and Tozawa Vs Gallagher, because everything about that match was entertaining as hell.
>>
File: Kendrick 3.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kendrick 3.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>2038160
The Brian Kendrick vs. Kota Ibushi - Cruiserweight Classic Tournament.

The Revival (c) vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa - NXT Takeover.

Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn - WWE Battleground.

AJ Styles vs. John Cena - WWE Summerslam.

The Miz (c) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro - WWE Extreme Rules.

probably that
>>
>>2039207
Bet you have a wrestling observer radio subscription too.
>>
>>2039221
Yeah, good one. You really got me.
>>
>>2038676
pity (you)
>>
>>2039177
2/3 Falls has been the signature match of NXT since Zayn vs. Cesaro III.

>>2039221
>hurr he likes better rasslin' than me
>better be an insufferable dipshit
>>
>>2039177
Weren't all title matches 2 out of 3 falls back in the day? I know almost every match in CMLL is
>>
Definitely Okada vs. Tanahashi from Wrestle Kingdom. The Pinnacle of main event wrestling.
>>
>>2039283
Wasn't even MOTN
>>
>>2039290
Personally I'd have the IC and Never matches at like 4.5
>>
Gargano/Ciampa CWC
>>
File: Gargano-Ciampa-1-850x560.jpg (74KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
Gargano-Ciampa-1-850x560.jpg
74KB, 850x560px
Regarding the CWC, I think a lot of people are going to name TBK vs Kota Ibushi. But I've got some truth for you, get ready for the boom.

A criminally underrated match, and the best match of the entire tournament as far as I'm concerned, actually went down in the first round. Gargano vs Ciampa is not only a technical exhibition, but also a rollercoaster of emotion. No other moment in professional wrestling in 2016 affected me as profoundly as Ciampa refusing to deliver the final blow to his brother-in-arms and potentially shorten Gargano's career.

I believe this match has faded into the back of peoples' minds. It certainly had mine, as I already named Owens vs Zayn at Battleground earlier in this thread as my favorite. Not surprising, considering how early in the tournament this was in addition to Gargano's surprising defeat in only the second round. It was a distamt memory when the tournament finally came to a close. But this match deserves high praise, and I personally believe this was the greatest match of the whole year. Please give this another viewing if you haven't seen it since the day it aired. I promise you will not be disappointed.
>>
AJ vs reigns, any of their matches
AJ vs cena
AA vs revival
DIY vs revival, take your pick
>>
>>2039303
The network has this in there 2016 MOTY collection, it's not getting overlooked.
>>
>>2038165
Agreed, incredible match.
>>
Sasha vs Charlotte when Sasha won her first tittle.
>>
>>2039322
Oh man, I never look at the collections so that's good to know. Didn't see it mentioned in this thread though, I had to be a DIY mark for a moment. You understand.
>>
>>2039322
I'm surprised there aren't more Roman Reigns matches.
>>
>>2038740
Oh yea, that was fucking great, all those near falls
>>
>>2030000
>>
>romarks making a million threads on /asp/ because no other place accepts their bullshit
>>
>>2040039
> other places
>>
The Revival Vs DIY Toronto for me followed by Zayn Vs Swagsuke.
Third would be Ibushi Vs TJPinoy
>>
>>2038165
This, followed by Cedric v Ibushi.
>>
Omega/Naito by a long shot
followed by Tana/Okada, DIY/Revival 2/3, and Mount Rushmore 2.0 vs. flippy guys from BOLA
>>
Omega v Naito for me because I'm an Omega mark and also because I think in that situation they literally could not have done anything to make that match better then it was

In WWE either Nak v Zayn or Revival v DIY, although pretty much everything from the second round on in the CWC was so consistently good that it deserves its own award.

Also Chris Hero/Tommy End v Fenix/Pentagon is criminally underrated.
>>
>>2038160
AA vs Revival NXT Takeover Dallas
IC Ladder Match WrestleMania Star
Ryback vs Kalisto WrestleMania Star
Nakamura vs Zayn NXT Takeover Dallas
Roman vs Styles Extreme Rules
Miz vs KO vs Zayn vs Cesaro Extreme Rules
Cena vs AJ Summerslam
DIY vs Revival Takeover Toronto
MITB Ladder Match MITB
Kendrick vs Ibushi CWC
Final Deletion
Miz vs Ziggles No Mercy
Bork vs Goldberg SvS
/ram/ vs /smack/ SvS
>>
>>2041053
>Nothing from the glorious land of Nippon
>No matches honed to perfection with years of craftsmanship
>no ring psychology folded over 500 times

Shit taste to be quite honest family
>>
ibushi vs kendrick
>>
>>2041064
I don't watch much wrestling from China so I don't think my opinion would be of worth.
>>
>>2038160
Revival vs DIY at Takeover Toronto
>>
>>2038160
DIY vs Revival. Don't make me pick which of the two, it'd be too hard.
>>
>>2041032
>also because I think in that situation they literally could not have done anything to make that match better then it was

They could've booked a different winner.
>>
File: you wooserve it.jpg (57KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
you wooserve it.jpg
57KB, 600x400px
Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match at Mania
>>
>>2041068
You named Lesnar/Goldberg as a MoTY contender so it's not like your opinion could get any more worthless.
>>
>>2041726
>Madman Sin Cara doing death defying spots flawlessly
Where was this Sin Cara the whole rest of the year?
>>
>>2041734
Is it time for the third Sin Cara?

Put the mask on La Sombra because that Cien shit is not getting over which is sad because the man can wrestle.
>>
>>2038165
This is mine, deserved 5 stars tbf.
If we're talking outside WWE, it's probably AJ vs Nakamura, which also deserved 5. But I'm a mark for Zayn, and the entire air around that match was perfect.

>>2041732
>being this mad over another dude's opinion

w e w
>>
>>2041745
>masks are a draw

fuck all those flippy midgets that literally need a trampoline to get into the ring
>>
>>2041752
El Maskos = Latino audience = ratings = $$$$$

I'll take spot monkey flippy shit over Mastadons doing rest holds 2 minutes into a match because they are already gassed.
>>
>>2041762
18+

Why do these neckbeards think 2 people who look like they flip burgers for a living, tumble around a ring is a draw? Wrestling is about going to see large men beat the shit out of eachother.
>>
>>2041767
I have found the last Big Shoe mark on the planet.
>>
>>2041745
>Cien isn't over

The massive fucking heat that he's been getting for months now would dispute this.

>>2041751
>mad

nah

>>2041752
fucking HURRICANE became a top merch seller because of his mask.

>>2041767
>posting something this embarrassingly puerile
>then calling 18+

something something glasshouses
>>
>>2041767
HI VINCE!!
>>
>>2041772
Cien has Go Away Heat. That is never good.
>>
File: papikas playhouse.png (55KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
papikas playhouse.png
55KB, 208x250px
My favourite match this year was Enzo and Cass vs the Vaudevillains at Payback
>>
>>2041788
Cien was intended to get heat from the very beginning: they put him against cult fave Dillinger when he was more over than he'd ever been and gave him a sympathetic angle going in.

If anything I'm amazed they didn't turn him sooner.
>>
>>2041801
Go away heat.
>>
>>2041806
>worked
>>
>>2041820
I like him though.
>>
>>2041825
So why are you repeating "Go-away heat" like a broken record when he quite clearly doesn't have it?

>a heel
>crowd appropriately responds to his heel antics
>>
>>2041836
Because he's getting go away heat.
He's Drifter-tier. Nobody cares.
>>
>>2041838
The crowds he's been playing like a fiddle since he got eliminated from the Dusty Classic would indicate otherwise.
>>
>>2039359
Nah they seemed pretty fair with all of their choices. Also you know it's been a great year when Joe vs Nakamura is one of the weaker matches in the collection.
>>
>>2039322
I don't have the network (tried it, but doesn't work for shit on my pc for some reason). Which matches did they include in the best of 2016?
>>
File: vadivel.jpg (8KB, 244x214px) Image search: [Google]
vadivel.jpg
8KB, 244x214px
>>2041726
>dat pic
We aren't cry
We stay cry
>>
>>2042444

- Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens, Last Man Standing Match for the Intercontinental Championship at Royal Rumble
- The Revival vs. American Alpha for NXT Tag Team Championship at TakeOver: Dallas
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn at NXT TakeOver: Dallas
- Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch for the Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 32
- AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens to determine the #1 Contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Title on the April 4 Raw
- The Miz vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens vs. and Cesaro for the Intercontinental Championship at Extreme Rules
- Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles, Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules
- Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens at Battleground
- Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa in the Cruiserweight Classic (episode 4)
- Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander in the Cruiserweight Classic (episode 5)
– The Revival vs. DIY for the NXT Tag Team Championship at TakeOver: Brooklyn II
– Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Brooklyn II
- John Cena vs. AJ Styles at SummerSlam
– Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam
– Kevin Owens vs. Big Cass vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship on the Aug. 29 Raw
– AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE World Championship at Backlash
- Kota Ibushi vs. TJ Perkins in the semi-finals of the Cruiserweight Classic (episode 10)
- Sheamus vs. Cesaro in Match #7 of their Best-of-seven series at Clash of Champions
– Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for the Women’s Championship on the Oct. 3 Raw
- Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship at No Mercy
>>
>>2042472
Thank you based anon!

I agree on most of them, except for some I didn't watch, the wymen's match on raw oct.3, the raw fatal four way. The rest is pretty much on point.

Which makes me kinda rage, because THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOOD MATCHES, GODDAMNIT
>>
>>2038239
This. It is stone colds moty as well
>>
>>2042487
Yeah it's really weird that this list seems to be nearly kayfabe breaking and admitting the fact they mostly dont put on good matches.
>>
>Ctrl+F
>Type Zayn
There's your answer
>>
imo

1. BMJ vs BMAJ at summer slam
2. Dolph vs Miz at No Mercy
3. AJ vs Roman
4. The Fatal 4 Way
5. Dean vs AJ TLC
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.