[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ultimately made the original ECW fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: ecw.jpg (31KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
ecw.jpg
31KB, 400x298px
What ultimately made the original ECW fail?
>>
Kindof a niche product that tried to push itself onto a big stage too hard and too fast. Lots of talent got poached. Paulie is sortof scummy. Etc
>>
Paul Heyman.
>>
One trick pony.

You have to save the extreme stuff into PPVs. If you see extreme shit on regular TV, why even pay for the PPV?
>>
>>2035704
Terrible TV deal.
>>
>>2035704
>>2035714
This and bad money management.
>>
>>2035706
>>2035710
>>2035714
All objectively wrong. 2000 was the most successful year in ECW history financially, even with the TV deal and the 'extreme' product. ECW was genuinely drawing dimes, not as many dimes as WWF/WCW, but enough to keep going as number 3 in the world.

As I said >>2035707
Paul Heyman was the SOLE reason ECW became successful AND failed.
>>
Being ran by a Jew
>>
Dodgy contract with TNN
Unpaid revenue from Acclaim
Unpaid revenue from PPV services

If they got the cash they were owed they'd have enough to produce PPVs, if they could negotiate with a different TV network they'd of outlasted WCW. Whilst I think ECW would of eventually faded they went under about 4 years early because of the three points I said.
>>
They lost their TV deal when WWF went to Spike and nobody else wanted to pick them up.
>>
Outlaws suck, especially muh edgy bingo hall ones
>>
>>2035704
The roster being constantly lost to major companies like WCW and WWF, most of their best talent jumped ship for better pays that Heyman couldn't afford, basically Heyman was a man that could find a lot of talent but couldn't keep it.
Also the TV deal was shit, as they had to pay them for the TV slot instead of getting paid for making the program.
>>
Misogyny and garbage wrestling
>>
>>2035740
i believe you mean the mid-hudson civic center
>>
>>2035823
they kept coming back, though, sandman, raven, shane douglas

left for the paycheck and returned for that philly pop
>>
>>2035722
big tunes billy at one point almost bought ecw to save it
>>
>>2035879
Im talking about the top talent, Eddie, Rey Mysterio, Psicosis, Super Crazy, Benoit, Jericho, etc.
Im obviously excluding the die hard ECW wrestlers who at one point did it for free when Heyman was not paying anyone.
>>
>>2035879
Hes referring to the Super J cup 94 and 95 guys, its funny when you look at those, ECW in 95, 96 and 97 I'm pretty sure literally all of them are in WCW or WWE by 98
>>
Disney pussied out
>>
>>2035704
Vince hired inside agent Paul E to brought it down from the inside
>>
>>2035704
People owed paul money and paul owed people money (and still does).

He is happier working for vince than having his own promotion.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.