[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling in your country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CUyy1SbHYyw.jpg (658KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
CUyy1SbHYyw.jpg
658KB, 2560x1707px
Tell me about it, anon. Obviously, US fellows can tell about smaller promotions in their states
>>
It's dead and laughed at by anyone with self respect
>>
It's a joke and draws 0 dimes. It can't even sell out the bingo halls.
>>
>>2014244
i keep laughing at that slav lucha. Where are you from?
>>
Brazil here, it's mostly held outside of anime convention in front of a """crowd""" of ten people and featuring scrawny 14 year old dressed like Jeff Hardy (ALL of them, most even call themselves things like Felipe Hardy) getting unconvincingly axehandled by out of shape guys twice their size and age for an eternity until they pull off a shitty headscissors takedown and Swanton for the win.

It's a very, very sad affair.
>>
Here in Portland wrestling is still a big part of the cities culture, you can catch multiple small promotions during the week, even one thats televised weekly on local access.
>>
>Knox county TN

There is a little promotion ran by "Randy Orton's Godfather" that does fairs and other small shows around here that I've watched a few times. The guy that runs it is pretty cool he showed us pictures of young and baby Randy.

Also Kane said on the radio last weekend that he was highly considering running for mayor of Knox County in 2018.
>>
>>2014244
>St Charles MO
My state's biggest promotion is World League Wrestling, operated by Harley Race and his son Leland, who recently appeared on NJPW for their tag team tournament, up in Troy. It also doubles as a training facility, which I'm currently scheduled to attend in January. They will be having James Ellsworth and Kurt Angle as guests on their shows earlier next year, but they are currently closed for the winter. WLW pulls roughly 300 people a show according to Leland.
>>
>>2014296
At least you guys have Zumbi.
>>
>>2014434
Zumbi is pretty based, but he has long left the country to work in Mexico. Shame he missed out on the CWC.
>>
>Philippines

They make dope posters for their events but most of the wrestlers look like skinnyfat midgets

However some of them look pretty promising desu
>>
>>2014244
>Argentina
Dead, I reckon. Titanes en el Ring drew dimes but it died out with the death of the creator, back in the early 90s.
100% Lucha started off well in the mid 2000s (it even got the attention of WWE, according to several of its wrestlers, and got a feature movie and sold out shows in one of the most important boxing stadiums) but eventually it also fade out and was cancelled five years later.
After that, there was another attempt to cash in that small peak of fame with a show called Gigantes del Catch but it never caught on, pun not intended.
Any kind of national wrestling is so small it may as well not exist cause no one cares about it. And who was probably the only Argentine wrestler overseas already returned to the country.
>>
Wrestling is quite small in NZ, theres local indies around me that perform in High school gyms but fuck paying 15 bucks for that. Though i did go to a NJPW show and actually met kenny omega honestly a really nice guy but kinda aloof
>>
>Quebec
Wrestling was HUGE in the 60s and 70s with guys like the Rougeau, The Vachon, Andre the giant,Killer Kowalsky and Édouard Carpentier. Now there's a ton of very small promotion all around the province. Ok draw,mostly older people or stupid hardcore fan,depending on the federation
>>
Dominican Republic

It died out in the 90s. Our 'top guy' is an unrecognized NWA world champ. There's was a smaller promotion a couple years back but I ain't going to some ratchet ass ghetto to watch chocolate midgets play fight.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.