[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cody Rhodes On ROH Final Battle Being Bigger Than WrestleMania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: cody-rhodes.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
cody-rhodes.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
ROH Final Battle being bigger than WrestleMania for him:

> "This was all a big test. I'm now going to places that are just freakin' magical like Ring of Honor Final Battle. Final Battle, I'm not lying, is bigger than what WrestleMania was to me. Maybe because I'm out there in my own skin. Maybe it's because I have cultivated my own brand now. Maybe it's because the best revenge in the world is success. Maybe I want to prove naysayers and WWE wrong. I found I stopped focusing on the negative, which, especially in this modern day of social media, is hard to do. I'm driven by the positive. Almost every single show we've done on the independent run has had a record crowd. To me, the meet-and-greets with the fans has been very rewarding."
>>
Delusional
>>
>>2010865
Did he even get on Wrestlemania this year?

I can see it being bigger to HIM (as he says) since Stardust basically was the lowest jobber towards the end.
>>
>CAWdy Rhodes
>>
>>2010865
Wrestling is WWE. If you're not in the WWE then you're not actually wrestling.
>>
Well it's guaranteed to be a better show than WrestleMania...

>>2010870
>the state of /wwe/ marks

The owner of the fuckin' company won't even admit that it's wrestling!
>>
>>2010867
yeah he was in the IC match the past two wm
>>
>>2010872
>...
>'
>!

Fuck off back to wew you chortling faggot
>>
>>2010872
if you go ask some random guy on the street "do you watch wrestling?" he'll say "nah i stopped watching wwe years ago"
>>
>in my own skin.

Didn't this faggot beat Rey Mysterio one-on-one at wrestlemania "in his own skin"? What he forgot about that now?
>>
>>2010875
Are you saying using punctuation is a bad thing? The state of /asp/
>>
>>2010879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8sGGglMtTw

Dashing Cody Rhodes was the apex of his WWE career.

Watching Impact now from earlier this month. Fuck Brandi is terrible. And she's saying how she's a Rhodes and how the name means something. Not with her dragging it down. She needs more experience.
>>
OOOOHH
OH
>>
This is how wrestling is ranked..

1. WWE
H
U
G
E
G
A
P
2. ROH
3. TNA
4. NJPW
5. WCPW
6. ..rest...
>>
>>2010870
But wwe prides themselves on being sports entertainment and not wrestling
>>
>>2010892
That used to be the case only during the Cena era. They have embraced Wrestling very strongly now. You gotta stop living in the past.
>>
>>2010877
>if you ask somebody who doesn't know anything of this subject that supports my argument

Bold strategy Cotton.

>>2010879
Wouldn't surprise me if he forgot it: because WWE did.

>>2010891
>TNA above NJPW
>WCPW at all

>>>/trash/
>>
>>2010870
Please be joking; I can't tell anyone with Stamford Wives.
>>
If you only watch WWE and claim that it's the only valuable wrestling company, you're genuinely a braindead retard.
>>
>>2010902
>it's the only valuable wrestling company

For a wrestling company to be valuable it needs to be mainstream relevant. Tell us how WWE is not the only mainstream relevant promotion in the world.
>>
>>2010899
TNA is seen in almost 24 countries around the world. NJPW has no presence in the US, and is nothing outside Japan. How is NJPW bigger than TNA?
>>
>>2010904
>implying WWE is relevant in the mainstream
>>
File: 1273246960838.jpg (89KB, 414x389px) Image search: [Google]
1273246960838.jpg
89KB, 414x389px
>>2010870
>>
>>2010910
It is, dumbass. Its just not hot commodity as it used to be. There's a reason WWE is the only promotion that can sell out a crowd of 100K or close to it with ease.
>>
>>2010909
NJPW sold more tickets in the USA this year than TNA did.

>>2010914
>with ease

kek
>>
Its fuckin hilarious to see the retards pretend as if WWE isn't the biggest promotion out there and the "wrestling" promotions aka outlaw garbage they love so much isn't even in WWE's radar. Delusional outlaw niggers are more pathetic than TNA's existence.
>>
>>2010904
WWE is laughed at by almost everyone I know in real life. The few people I've showed other content to, they enjoy it because it's more technically impressive.

Non-fans do not give one solitary fuck about something like Big Show vs. whoever. The non-fans I've showed stuff that's athletic or like proper hoss, they've respected.
>>
>>2010923
It's fuckin' hilarious to see /wwe/ babbies be unable to even form a coherent, non-contradictory sentence.

>ROH isn't even on WWE's radar

Imagine actually saying this in the 2010s.
>>
>>2010926
>Non-fans
> Autist actually believes this meme
>>
>>2010930
>Imagine actually saying this in the 2010s.

100% bruv. WWE have never been more desperate to sign away other companies' guys than now. Because other companies know how to make use of their smaller audience and get guys over.

Why do you think they just took 4 top NJPW wrestlers in one clean swoop?

Why do you think they want Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo all of the sudden ahead of the Lucha Underground episode? Ricochet? Jack Evans and Angelico getting offers at a PWG show?

It's hilarious. Stamford Wives love to think that WWE are this infallible, massive company that pays no attention to the rest of the wrestling world, but they're looking closer than ever.

People mock LU's viewership, but it's still 150-200k people watching every week that may or may not be watching WWE content. It's people that are clamoring for more merch and are passionately into a show. There are hardly any actual people "passionate" for WWE.

Like even here, the people passionate still have a LOT to hate and will likely never be happy with the company.
>>
File: oMxvlL4.png (690KB, 658x841px) Image search: [Google]
oMxvlL4.png
690KB, 658x841px
>>2010943
>Kairi Hojo

Based Hogan mark
>>
>>2010930
>Imagine actually saying this in the 2010s.

?? are you implying ROH as a promotion was close to WWE's popularity in 2010? I don't believe it was the case.

>>2010943

WWE signing away bunch of indy shitters to cater to NXT memebase doesn't prove outlaw wrestling is/was ever relevant. Hell, all this indy signings has only hurt the company. WWE ratings are the in the shitter and WM is being entirely carried by part timers. There is nothing to prove that hiring these outlaw shitters has had a positive effect at all.
>>
>>2010947
Hogan is a god in Japan so that's not a surprise
>>
>>2010949
>using the term outlaw wrestling unironically

Yeah, because the top guy right now, like the actual top guy, is a real indie dude. That Reigns, wew, he was my favourite in Rings are Honor.

The part time phenomenon was caused by WWE's retardation. You can sign a million indie guys, but if you don't change the fundamentals of the company and keep things interesting, no one will draw.

Even Cena hardly is a ratings draw. Numbers went down every year he was on top. Now all he's good for is merch and extra SmackDown attendance.
>>
>>2010949
>?? are you implying ROH as a promotion was close to WWE's popularity in 2010? I don't believe it was the case.

nope

Read it over and try again.
>>
>>2010949
You're right, all the signings prove is that the company can't make stars anymore
>>
>>2010951
Not really. Stan Hansen is more popular in Japan than Hogan.
>>
File: 1478676841698.png (165KB, 453x433px) Image search: [Google]
1478676841698.png
165KB, 453x433px
>>2010865
>success
>indies
pick one
>>
>>2011058
Remember how every year the WWE keeps throwing money at The Young Bucks and every year they keep telling WWE to suck it?
>>
>>2011045
You can still be a god and not be the most popular, anon.

>- We noted before that Hulk Hogan being added to WWE's tour of Japan did help with ticket sales and Hogan's return to the country was seen as a big deal. When Hogan arrived at the Narita airport, there were more than 100 reporters and photographers waiting. Hogan appeared on two network talk shows and had eight print interviews.

>Hogan himself coming in was bigger in the media than the WWE tour as a whole. On the second night of the tour in Tokyo, Japanese legend Yoshihiro Takayama was sitting at ringside wearing a Hogan t-shirt.

this was in 2014, I doubt Hansen could do this now
>>
>>2011061
they would have jumped on it like devitt and the rest of the bullet club did and they know they would fail so hard because they couldnt be spot monkeys copying DX and the hardy boys like the do in the indies and new japam
>>
>>2011076
They've turned down 2 WWE deals in the past 15 months silly /wwe/ babbymark.
>>
>>2011062
Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't, we are just speculating as foreigners, but he still definitely relevant culturally in Japan. I even heard him referenced in a Japanese rap song recently.
>>
>>2011083
That was never confirmed, they are the only ones who kept saying that WWE offered them deals. No one ever confirmed their lies.
>>
>>2011129
>t-t-they're l-lying
>c-cuz I s-s-said so
>>
Im pretty excited about this year, i saw all ROH since the beginning of the year and for summer was awful and i feel that this was lame but they know how to recovery themselves and now i think that this year goona be great. O Reilly vs Cole = awesome im sure of that and 4 conner looks interesting... i dont know but i ve got good vibrations

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
KYLE O'REILLY VS. ADAM COLE (c)

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
DRAGON LEE VS. BOBBY FISH VS. WILL OSPREAY VS. MARTY SCURLL (c)

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
MARK & JAY BRISCOE VS. YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON) (c)

ROH SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS
LIO RUSH/JAY WHITE/KUSHIDA VS. THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNIE MARSEGLIA & TK O'RYAN)

CODY VS. JAY LETHAL

JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER VS. SILAS YOUNG

GRUDGE MATCH
COLT CABANA VS. DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS

MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN) & DONOVAN DIJAK VS. THE REBELLION (CAPRICE COLEMAN, RHETT TITUS, & KENNY KING)

PRE-SHOW (Starts at 8:40PM EASTERN) *** Taped for YOUTUBE
LUCHA RULES
TEMPURA BOYZ (SHO & YO) VS. CHEESEBURGER & WILL FERRARA
>>
>>2010880
>the state of

Kill yourself wewtist
>>
File: u srs doe.jpg (147KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
u srs doe.jpg
147KB, 500x730px
>big numbers Vinny is gonna bring shitty little outlaw brands onto the network in a tiered service
>yfw Cody will once again be a lowcarder on the WWE network minus the beefy payday
>>
File: Tips moderately attractive lady.jpg (51KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tips moderately attractive lady.jpg
51KB, 597x600px
>>2010865
>outlaw wrestling

Sorry Cody, my IQ is above 5.
>>
>>2011062
Hansen is probably legally blind right now. Would still like to watch him try to Lariat people desu
>>
>this one samefagging wewtist

My sides
>>
>>2010891
>WCPW

Neck yourself. There are bigger promotions in the uk nevermind the rest of the world.
>>
>>2010900
It's the truth. Indies are the equivalent of me going to play basketball in the local rec league and trying to claim I'm a pro basketball player.
>>
>Dusty made a stupid gimmick work and became a HOFer, company named a Tag Tournament in his honor
>Dustin had it even worse but turned it into a GOAT, was an Attitude Era staple, still is a great wrestler and future HOFer
>Cody ends the Rhodes legacy by floundering around in some literally what bingo hall promotions

Sorry Dusty, can't win them all but you tried
>>
>>2012138
But the Rhodes were wasted time in bingo halls and lolTNA
>>
>>2010883
Disfigured Rhodes was his best gimmick by far
>>
yikes!
>>
>>2010865
poor schmuck
>>
>>2012138
He can always go back. He should go to Japan for a few years though.
>>
>>2012024
ROH has 0 interest in being part of their network.

>>2012029
>fedoraposter
>not an idiot

Doubtful.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.