[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deducing your GOAT WWE champion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

My top 5 heel WWE champs of all time:
(Not best heel, not best champ who at some other point was a top heel...I mean the best wearers of the belt as a heel. The best elicited fear and/or loathing.)
>Triple H
>Shawn Michaels
>Stone Cold
>Brock Lesnar
>JBL (an exception. he makes the list for the pure troll factor)

My top 5 face WWE champs of all time:
(Again, not the best face, not the best champ who at other points was a top face...I mean the belt-wearing crowd favs. The best elicited adoration, and had underdog and/or superhero elements.
>Hulk Hogan
>Stone Cold (an exception. was an anti-hero rather than a superhero. but still an underdog because he was always outnumbered.)
>The Rock
>Randy Savage
>Bret Hart

Thus, IMO, Stone Cold is the greatest WWE champion of all time because he's the only one to make both lists.

What are your top 5 lists? And can you deduce a single GOAT from them?
(Remember, your overall GOAT wearer of the belt, not GOAT wrestler or GOAT superstar.)
>>
I like JBL cause there was a cow mooing in his theme

good picks
>>
>>2000568
>The best elicited fear and/or loathing
>Austin got more laughs than boos

????
>>
File: No_mercy_2001.jpg (48KB, 392x515px) Image search: [Google]
No_mercy_2001.jpg
48KB, 392x515px
>>2000571
Lol true.

But, he was still intense and vicious in the ring. You really couldn't see him losing the belt to anyone in that run.
(They only gave it to Angle briefly to give people a feelgood moment to cope with 9/11. It was never in the original plan.)
>>
>>2000568
>Best Babyface Champs
Hokogan
SCSA
The Rock
BMJ
Mankind

>Top 5 Heel Champs
Andre the Giant
The Rock
Chris Jericho
HBK
Edge

>Best Tweener Champ
SCSA

SCSA Overall
>>
>>2000582
yes 2001 was his best year as a worker in WWF probably. his best match was in 1997 but he was putting on great matches with benoit/angle/whoever else weekly in 2001. but after hhh got injured he was more of a comedy heel
>>
>having favourite wrestlers, let alone favourite champions

cringe
>>
File: 19980624_kane_austin[1].jpg (28KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
19980624_kane_austin[1].jpg
28KB, 642x361px
>>2000590
I agree. But it really takes a goat to be able to pull off something like that. To be the chief villain but also add in self-deprecating comedy, to be able to be both at the same time. Only 2 others have been able to do something similar. Vince and The Rock (2003).

Also, setting the belt aside, I think Stone Cold was overall better as a heel than a face. Like you said in 1997 he put on great matches, could hang with the likes of Bret Hart and HBK. And in 2001 he put on good matches with Benoit, Jericho, Angle. Suplexes, submissions, good stuff. But 1998-99 he was so shit in the ring. Maybe it was directed from above, maybe the storyline at the time was so good no one cared abotu the actual matches, maybe he just had bad in-ring chemistery with his oponents (Mankind, Rock, Undertaker, Kane), but those matches were total snoozefests. Just shitty punches, brawling for 15-20 minutes.

>>2000607
>too cool to properly enjoy his hobbies
Sad!
>>
>>2000618
>To be the chief villain but also add in self-deprecating comedy, to be able to be both at the same time. Only 2 others have been able to do something similar. Vince and The Rock (2003).

Hogan was a master of acting like a chickenshit but I guess you're only talking about WWF/E. It was funny as fuck seeing Hulk Hogan getting scared of everyone and running away as a heel in WCW
>>
>>2000568
>Best Babyface Champs
CM Punk

>Best Heel Champs
CM Punk
>>
Mine isn't WWE, it's ECW/WCW/WWE.
Top 5 Face Champions:
1. The Rock
2. Steve Austin
3. Booker T (WCW)
4. Rob Van Dam (His ECW TV title reign was absolutely incredible)
5. Bret Hart

Top 5 Heel Champions:
1. Scott Steiner
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Triple H
4. JBL
5. Shawn Michaels
>>
>>2000618
Austin was a face after Wrestlemania 13 until Wrestlemania 17, dude
>>
>>2000586
Andre was champ for 30 seconds
>>
face:
BMJ
hogan
stone cold
punk
bryan

heel:
hhh
rock
y2j
hitler
edge
>>
>Hogan
>Not a GOAT heel champ as well

Lel
>>
>>2001085
>GOAT WWE Champions
>WWE
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.