[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ric Flair overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: ric-flair.jpg (589KB, 1728x905px) Image search: [Google]
ric-flair.jpg
589KB, 1728x905px
>>
Not even slightly
>>
Did HBK ever have a match against him?
>>
>>1999056
Yep. Never drew a dime in the big leagues, matches were repetitive, only got over because the standards of that era were sewage.
>>
he couldn't cut it in WWF and the crowds were more interested in seeing sid justice against hogan than him
>>
>>1999062
What is Collision in Korea?
What is the 1980s?

>>1999061
Try harder

>>1999065
You may need to think a little more about what your posting. You've got some good info but you're not engaging your brain with it
>>
>>1999066
hi meltzer!
>>
>>1999069
That joke...um...you know...its...its um..well you got a punch line and you delivered it but..um...it is what it is
>>
>>1999066
>What is Collision in Korea?
Inoki.

>What is the 1980s?
>territories
Nothing anyone without a permanent v-card gives two shits about.
>>
>>1999066
if you're going to say it's because hogan couldn't work anything except "hogan vs giant #2234323" you'd be half right but he was just coming off a long feud with savage and a match with warrior that was probably the best he ever had (because it was heavily preplanned)

and in wcw every single hogan/flair match was the exact same so I doubt it was because they couldn't connect during that time. the house show crowds just weren't interested in seeing flair at that time and wanted to see hogan take down another giant
>>
>>1999075
You can't just credit one man for a main event draw. That just doesn't work. As for your territory comment, he packed houses across the entire country-if he's selling out buildings nightly doesn't constitute a draw for you then you don't know what it is.

>>1999079
You're not wrong there, Hogan vs Flair never worked but you could have had Flair vs Savage for example and drawn really nicely with that as the top feud. Plenty of people never made it on top because of Hogan's over saturated popularity, that's the bookings fault and not the workers in many cases. Hogan often got over at the expense of others-Flair booked correctly could easily thrive
>>
>>1999061
his retirement match was against hbk.
before the final move he said, "I love you I'm sorry"
>>
>>1999056
>As a draw
No
>As a wrestler
Yes.
>>
>>1999085
I think Vince actually wanted flair/savage to main event but he's too stuck on the "let's send everyone home happy" mindset for manias so he put hogan/sid last. Flair was extremely unlucky during his run I agree but the fact is he just couldn't adjust during that time. There's a story from Bret that flair and savage did a match and Vince thought it was so bad that he made them redo it again
>>
>>1999085
>You can't just credit one man for a main event draw. That just doesn't work
I can, based Inoki.

>he packed houses across the entire country-if he's selling out buildings nightly doesn't constitute a draw for you then you don't know what it is.

>outlels
>>
>>1999088
>"I love you I'm sorry"

Wow gay much?
>>
>>1999066
>Collision In Korea

>While there were tickets sold, most of the people attending got in for free and were pretty much ordered to attend

Even Flair's biggest fan Meltzer knows that's a joke
>>
>>1999095
I've always viewed it as Vince being unable to adjust. He had a compelling heel, the "real" champion and pushed that to one side so the cartoon of Hogan could keep his run. Regardless of quality, Hogan Flair would have been great when built even if the match stank.

Also I refuse to believe Flair/Savage was that bad. I'm sure Vince THOUGHT it was but the man's never been fond of the wrestling aspect of wrestling
>>
> matches were repetitive

Its not the moves, its about psychology you illiterate idiots.
>>
>>1999104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0GiZyxywg#t=7m5

here's Bret talking about it. You're probably right because Bret said Vince went crazy because they didn't "do the match the way they told them to do it"

basically flair had no chance of becoming successful in wwf
>>
>>1999110
t. Cuck Flel
>>
It takes two to tango, so yes Flair should get half the credit for the record attendance.
>>
Nope.
>>
His matches were all the same old repetitive '''''comedy''''' spots that belonged in the 60s, he flopped hard when he came to the big leagues because he got exposed as the shitter he was and his politicking did more harm to the business than good.
He also drew less than 1000 to an 85000 seat arena for the biggest match of his career and his promos are overrated as fuck too.
SHOUTING AS LOUD AS I CAN AND REPEATING THE SAME STOLEN LINES FOR 40 YEARS DOESNT MAKE ME GOOD AT PROMOS

tldr
Fuck ric flair he is the most overrated wrestler of all time
>>
>>1999117
> for the record attendance
Nigga you smoking crack?
The communist dictator literally ordered his subjects to attend upon pain of death
>>
>>1999056
More obscure than anything
Blame hogan fags for that
>>
File: Woooooo.gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Woooooo.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>1999056
No, Flair = GOAT
>>
>>1999056
Top 3 most overrated of all time.
>rick flair
>bret hart
>daniel bryan
>>
>>1999056
Absolutely. Had his place for 4 or so years in the industry, but didn't pull off the 25+ year shining career the autists and IWC give him credit for.

He was a good wrestler that the community gives him GOAT levels of praise for. Both Rock and Austin did much more for the industry than Flair did
>>
He and Hogan are the most important wrestlers of all time
>>
>>1999365

This. Without FLAIR, there is no american WRESTLING.
>>
>>2000000
>>
>>1999056
80s heels dont draw. Never drew a dime on the big stage. Eric Bischoff was right to leve his character out in the desert to die of thirst in WCW.
>>
>>2000107
pity (you)
>>
Flair is the shit, I'll fight any faggot that claims otherwise!
>>
>>1999360
>4 or so years

The majority of the 80s up until the late 90s isn't "4 or so".

Learn math.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.