[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OVW 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

File: batista john randy brock.jpg (107KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
batista john randy brock.jpg
107KB, 642x361px
Who was the Janetty, in terms of mainstream fame, and overall influence to wrestling, of these men.
>>
Randy and it isn't close
>>
>>1997551
Top left because i have no idea who he is
>>
>>1997551
Definitely Orton.
>>
Brocketty

still gets rekt in 1 min matches
>>
Orton to both.
>>
>>1997551
Probably Batista. More people would know Orton from the whole RKO OUTTA NOWHERE meme
>>
>>1997566
guardians of the galaxy and spectre grossed nearly 2 billion combined

ortons movies go straight to dvd
>>
Let's see:
>Cena has been the face of the company for years
>Brock went to UFC and won the UFC heavyweight championship
>Batista is now a Hollywood movie star
>Orton: ???
>>
How is this even a question. Orton is a distant 4th by every metric.
>>
Shelton
>>
>>1997555
18+
>>
>>1997574
Not the meme metric
>>
>>1997551
They've all done movies, will we ever see Brock in a movie? And what role would you cast him in?
>>
orton in fame, but he is the best wrestler
>>
>>1997589
Overall yes, but he couldn't touch Lesnar in 02-04
>>
Cena, Batista and Lesnar are literal draws, just put their name on anything and people would watch.

Nobody gives a fuck about orton though.
>>
>>1997589
he has been consistently average throughout his career

cena during the jobber/midcarder phase of the past two years has had tons of more memorable and better matches than anything orton ever did
>>
>>1997594
>memorable = better match
'no'

Goldberg vs Hogan was memorable, shit match
Hogan vs Sting was memorable, shit match
>>
>>1997599
>memorable and better
>and

off the top of my head

>cena styles 3
>cena and owens trilogy
>cena vs lesnar/rollins
>cena vs rollins at summerslam

all better than anything orton has done, remember how fucking boring the cena vs orton feud was? seth even said that orton likes to play it safe for his matches
>>
It was Shelton Benjamin. Then Batista.
>>
>mainstream fame
Orton

>influence in wrestling
Batista
>>
>>1997554
Randy is like a 12 time world champion. Wouldn't call him Janettey when he is the second most successful of the group (in terms of wrestling)

Brock and Batista had huge success away from wrestling, so wouldn't call them Janettey either.
>>
Considering you have to go back to 2012 for ortons last best feud, yeah I'd say he's the worst of the 4. Expand it a bit though and you'll really see some jeanettys
>>
Lmao batista isnt even a successful actor just a sidekick who cant carry a movie on his own aka the Janetty

Orton is like the second most normie relevant wrestler of those four after Cena
>>
>>1997641
Batistas name was ahead of Vin Diesels on the GOTG poster
>>
>>1997642
Still fourth fiddle
>>
Randy Ortonetty no doubt
>>
>>1997589
Orton isn't even as good as Cena nevermind Lesnar when he actually gives a shit.

>>1997620
Well it's certainly not fucking Cena.

Orton can have as many unremarkable transitional reigns as Vince wants, he'll always be the lesser star.

>>1997641
...have you SEEN any of Orton's movies?

(That's a trick question: nobody actually has.)
>>
>>1997575
This
>>
>>1997551
if you got by accomplishments in wrestling, batista. if you go by accomplishments outside of wrestling, randy
>>
>>1997551
The fucking results OVW got compared to any other developmental are staggering, four guys who will go down as genuine legends with an arguably top 5 among them right there.
>>
>>1997551
All four of them are janetties

Not one dime between them.
>>
>>1998516
well Cornette knows his stuff. this was also when JR was in charge of signing talent
>>
>Another thread where /asp/ does not know what Janetty means
>>
>>1997568
People didn't watch guardians of the galaxy and spectre because of Batista
>>
>>1997557
*eye roll*
Good ol JR, the white meat baby face from Oklahoma. The big Sooner fan himself, said the squash loss to Goldberg wouldn't hurt lesnar so please don't use it against Brock. You egg sucking dog (read that in an impressioned voice please)
>>
>>1998542
I did.

The fuck is a guardian of the galaxy lmao not even a B-tier comic 4 years ago.

I knew Batista so I went for that.
>>
>>1997585
Eddie Brock
>>
>>1998544
That's because you knew Batista, people who don't watch WWE didn't knew him
>>
>>1998542
Batista can go to WWE and main event.
Orton can't go to Hollywood and get minutes of screen time in AAA movies.
>>
>>1997615
The most correct answer in this thread.
>>
>>1997551
Shelton Benjamin who isn't even on the poster
>>
>>1997573
Randy is a future hall of famer.
>>
I can't see anyone buying a ticket just to see Orton while I can for the other three
>>
>>1998562
>AAA movies

lol

>main event WWE
>impressive

LOL
>>
>>1999452
>James bond and marvel aren't AAA movies
>>
>>1999438

All of them are
>>
>Cena's a huge draw
>Brock has been successful all over the world and in multiple industries
>Batista is a movie star
>Randy Orton's a great wrestler with the most over move in the business.

None of them. They're all amazing and they're all hall of famers.
>>
>Cena was face of the company for 10 years
>Brock was the biggest draw of UFC at a point in time
>Batista was always more over than Cena, drew more dimes, and is now a big movie star in big movies that are better than Rock's movies
>Randy drew 0 dimes and almost killed the company and Smackdown

Obviously Randy Orton
>>
File: 1431676453046.png (4KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1431676453046.png
4KB, 404x404px
>>1998516
>tfw the main roster has no idea how to get anybody over, so we'll never know if NXT could've had a class like this.
>>
>>1997573
Orton: Still around phoning it in 90% of the time and putting crowds to sleep with chinlocks.
>>
Cena has had some truly great matches nobody wants to give him credit for.

The hour long match with HBK on Raw.
I Quit against Jables.

Just to name a few. Sure, for everyone great match there's a Cena vs. Nexus in there, but come on.
>>
>>1997554

pretty much

batista is an actor, though admittedly not a rock-tier well known one, but still popular enough for normalfags

cena is probably in the top five most known wrestlers ever

bork is super popular from UFC

randy's just a big name wrestler. it's like asking who the janetty is between Austin, Rock, 'Taker and Foley.
>>
>>1998516
More of a right place, right time than anything.

If modern WWE had competent booking you'd be seeing similar results from the NXT crop: or even the FCW crop before them...maybe.

>Orton
>genuine legend
>>
>>1997551

it's obviously between Randy and Bootista and it's split. Mainstream fame probably goes to Bootista because of Guardians, but overall influence goes to Randy
>>
>>1999724
>influence
>Orton

...how?
>>
>>1999736
top tier guy for 10+ years. youngest guy to win the big gold, and still nailing difficult RKO spots where younger talent botches on the regular
>>
>>1999750
Orton being a top guy for as long as Vince wanted it doesn't mean shit in terms of "influence" when he gets outdrawn by the likes of Show vs. Henry.

And the person taking his RKO is the one doing all the work marky.
>>
>>1999772
Kill yourself
>>
>>1999587
Foley would unanimously be the Janetty

Funny enough that's who he faced in his WWF debut
>>
Can't we accept that there isn't always a Jannetty?
>>
>>1999715
>>Orton
>>genuine legend

He is.
People look back on guys like Perfect, Nash and Hall as genuine legends, of course Randy qualifies for that bar.
>>
>>2000422
>Nash
>genuine legend

>>1999774
nah

stay cucked viperfag
>>
None of them really, considering they're successful as shit and are big names in mainstream culture.
>>
>>1999736
Tell that to Kennedy's broken career and Kofi's broken push. He might be the least succesful among the 4, but his resiliency on getting busted with drug yet still employed is as strong as brock
>>
>>2000425
>>Nash
>>genuine legend

I don't like him, but people consider him as such.
Legend-status is dictated by booking in the WWE.
>>
>>2000439
Sure: if you're a fuckin' mark.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.