[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Hulk Hogan just kill himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: austinhoga.png (16KB, 576x189px) Image search: [Google]
austinhoga.png
16KB, 576x189px
Should Hulk Hogan just kill himself?
>>
>but bigger longer

Hogan turned Steve Austin into a midcarder and was the first guy to make wrestling insanely popular in the 90s
>>
Based Big Dick Dave Meltzer keeping track of his competition.

#cockobserver
>>
what a moron. Hulkmania was truly global in every sense of the word. Austin 3:16 never reached Asia.
>>
Austin vs Hogan threads have to be the most autistic thing on the IWC, not just here, and that's saying alot. There will never be an answer
>>
>>1996339
>There will never be an answer

There is. Austin drew more, that's the answer.
There can be shit-flinging from either camp trying to dispute it, but that doesn't mean jack, jack.
>>
>>1996168
This is pathetic even by le meltz standards

Hogan was the third biggest star worldwide after michael jackson and schwarzenegger
>>
>>1996340
>There is

No, there isn't.

>Austin drew more

Says who? I hope your source isn't the Meltzer quote which doesn't adjust for inflation nor does it include Hogan's WCW years which also drew more than all his WWF years combined. Not to mention WWF was still an expanding company during the Hogan years

Like I said, there's no answer. They're each on their own level, it's 1A and 1B and always was
>>
>>1996346
Vince says Austin drew more
>>
>>1996340
I watched for The Rock, not Austin. Im not alone
>>
>>1996340
He drew in WWF after Hogan created the second wrestling boom with his heel turn in WCW along with the outsiders to form nWo.
>>
>>1996348
Why would vince know anything about wcw
>>
>>1996348
>Vince says Austin drew more

No he didn't, he said that Stone Cold is the biggest star in WWE history. "WWE" being the key term, why would Vince put over Hogan who has fucked him over repeatedly for years and nearly put him out of business?
>>
>>1996339
this

The WM30 opening segment should have ended this argument, three GOATs whose impact will never be matched again. Just appreciate them instead of trying to argue who was better
>>
>>1996357
>Dwayne Johnson
>GOAT

lmao
>>
>>1996357
Rock has no where near the impact these two left. He rode on an already built up hot period, much like Goldberg did in WCW.
>>
>>1996359
>>1996361
His recent years, despite being far below the quality of when he was active, drew huge. WM27, 28, and 29 are all in the top 5 (28 being the record) and that was all him. It's even more impressive when you see that WM25 and WM26 didn't even get 1 million buys. I know you'll say it's to do with his acting career, which it is, but how come no other celebrity WWE has brought in has drawn that much?
>>
How many times do we have to have this fucking thread?
>>
>>1996364
I'll give you 27, but for 28 and 29 both him and Cena played their part. If it was truly only because of the Rock, then his comeback match vs Miz & R Truth when he tagged with Cena would have drew huge as well. If I remember right, it was only a 30k increase from the previous year
>>
>>1996372
>If I remember right, it was only a 30k increase from the previous year

>The event garnered 312,000 pay-per-view buys, up from 244,000 buys the previous year's event

Also, Survivor Series 2010 had only 8,000 people in attendance and 2011 doubled it with almost 17k. Cena played his part sure and they wouldn't have done the record buyrate with anyone else who was full time, but Rock was the main draw
>>
>>1996346
t. Cuck Hogan, the quintessential silver medalist
>>
>>1996352
"Austin surpassed all of Hogan's records... in terms of merchandising and licensing, and pay-per-view and live events. Without question the most popular performer we've ever had." - Vince McMahon, Owner of WWE.
>>
>>1996377
>Unique IP doesn't go up

embarrassing

>>1996378
What does that have to do with Hogan's WCW years?
>>
>>1996168
Hogan turned Austin into a midcarder every time he showed up. He's bigger and always has been
>>
>>1996364
> but how come no other celebrity

Trump did and still holds the record. Mayweather also did but domestically. Rock isn't the only one.
>>
>>1996382
>Trump did and still holds the record

No he doesn't, they broke it at 28. http://www.2xzone.com/wwe/buyrates.shtml

I didn't say previous celebrities didn't draw but none drew as much as Rock did in his second run
>>
>>1996374
> The event garnered 312,000 pay-per-view buys

No it didn't. Scumbag meltzer inflated the numbers to favor Dwayne. Survivor Series official number never touched 300K, it drew 274K buys. Check the official corporate release pdfs in their website.
>>
>>1996386
Not him but 23 is the highest domestic buyrate record
>>
>>1996386
"The Rock" and "Dwayne" are different

"The Rock" existed up until 2003, after that it's been "Dwayne". If they brought in Justin Bieber to have a match it would do huge numbers, nothing The Rock has drawn after 2003 has to do with his wrestling career
>>
>>1996378
Vince is two faced lying piece of shit, Come on, how can people trust anything he says. I mean did you people even see Ultimate Warrior's hall of fame induction and the put over job they did for him? They practically called him the GOAT, when only until a year ago they were burying him as the worst ever.
>>
>>1996168
Without Hogan there's no Austin. Also Hogan probably drew more dimes, Stone Cold's peak was higher. Austin started to beat Debra, because Hogan turned him into a midcarder after he came back, brother.
>>
>>1996389
>Scumbag meltzer inflated the numbers to favor Dwayne

if this is true then >le meltz lost even more credability. I have heard that Rock was one of his sources way back so i'm not surprised
>>
>>1996379
>Unique IP doesn't go up

ofc not, Hocuck
>>
>>1996400
this

>Austin is a rising upper midcarder in WCW
>Hogan shows up
>He's turned into a jobber and later fired

>Austin is the biggest star in WWF
>Hogan shows up
>He is turned into a midcarder and later walks out on the company
>>
Hogan was a bigger star, Austin was a better talent and bigger draw.
As someone else said, it's 1A and 1B – if you must know Hogan's the B.
>>
>>1996411
>Not a reply
>Poster count doesn't go up
Kek
>>
>>1996407
>Austin number one guy in the WWF
>Hogan number one guy in WCW

WCW goes out of business
>>
>Austinetty cucks get BTFO last thread
>b-b-but le meltz said

Lmao Based Hogan
>>
>>1996413
Yeah, because I posted in the thread previously.
>people are allowed one post per thread
wew, state of (You)
>>
>>1996411
Hogan was a bigger draw for 14 years until early 1998. Then Austin was on top for 2 years. Then he did his neck surgery and came back in late 2000. By then he was not alone on top and Rock was more or less his equal.

Austin was insecure and did his heel turn. In early 2002 Hogan became face and got huge reaction and Austin left the company. After that Austin had a quick retirement and became the sheriff. So Austin made a big splash for a short time and had a good 5 year run, but for only 2 years was an undisputed top guy.

Hogan is the biggest name ever. He was top dog everywhere he went. He made Shawn job to him, he made Austin a midcarder twice. He probably gave Vince the idea for Austin to job for Lesnar, so later on Hulk looks even better when he beats Brock.

Now Austin has a shitty podcast and is barely relevant. Hogan won millions of dollars for fucking some loser's hot wife and calling people niggers.

kek
>>
>>1996854
t. Hogankek
>>
Why isn't it enough to say they were both extremely good?
>>
>>1997034
Because in todays society everyones arbitrarily picked side has to "win" or their faggot feelings get hurt. See: the American Election.
>>
>>1996349
And some people watched in the 80s for Macho Man, doesn't mean he was a bigger draw than Hogan. (As much as I love Savage and hate how Hogan always tried to take his shine)
>>
>>1996401
Melts has his fat Jew schnozz so far up Dwayne's ass he can smell what he was cooking
>>
>>1996349
poo in the loo
>>
>>1996449
Because Time Warner/AOL didn't want to have anything to do with wrestling, wrestlecrapfag.
>>
>>1996396
Jesus you're one of those people that even presented with facts will not for the love of god shut up or admit they were wrong. Be decent for once in your life
>>
>>1996548
You are allowed one post that's not a reply per thread fucking austincuck samefagger
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.