[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/- Todd Falcon edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 35

File: skatememe.gif (411KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
skatememe.gif
411KB, 576x324px
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU 'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

skatepark etiquette: go early or go burly

Drop an ear if you 're out of inspiration to our man's playlist:
https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix

old thread:>>1948303

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R_lXIFWHlc
>>
blyat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZF1JLaG5w
>>
>>1989443
cyka

nicely done tavarich

and damn, those party apparatus security guards are gnarly

what does paccbet mean?
>>
>>1989461
sunrise
>>
>>1989468
now the video makes more sense.
>>
How bad would a £30 board be?
>>
sup yall my names todd and last night i did a dope ass front flip 1440 nose grind. was mad dope brah
>>
>>1989651
Won't even roll. Just get a real setup.
>>
>>1989666
Even if I changed the bearings?
>>
>>1989668
Neither the deck, the trucks, nor the wheels are worth keeping. But like, go ahead -- at worst you'll spend £30 over what a proper setup would've cost.
>>
>>1989726
Alright, cool. I'll still get a complete because I'm not confident enough to assemble my own but I'll go up in price range. Around £100 or something should be alright, right?
>>
>>1989775
if it's a complete froma skateshop, it's fine. As long as it's not a toy from a toystore, you can ride it and get comfortable.
>>
daaaaaaaamn, that girl is allright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9kuhE8uDwc
>>
>>1990363
From Slam City Skates London so should be alright. Thanks.
>>
>>1990432
I mean get the cheaper one even. AND HAVE FUCKING FUN. FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER.
>>
dudes

despite Erick, there is one motherfucker who did not make the soty list.

Not that I care, but Johnny "The Rambo" Jones should be there. I swear this kid must be wandering around the US right now unleashing skating vandalism on hick sheriffs.
>>
Why the fuck is Tyshawn Jones even on the shortlist?
>>
>Put together skateboard for first time
>Surprisingly easy
>Applying griptape was the only annoying part
>Fucked up my hands
>Can't unlock my phone through fingerprints now

Uhhh is this normal?
>>
guys. i'm still learning and getting comfy on my board. but every time i fall, i land on my left hand, and this has happened about 8 times now, it hurts like fuck.

how do i land on my hand better (i've bought a wristguard now cos i'm scared of really bad damage) or how do i at least stop falling on the same fucking hand every time

i wasn't afraid of falling when i started. but now i'm terrified because my left wrist is already so fucked.
>>
File: __joker_game.jpg (518KB, 1499x2086px) Image search: [Google]
__joker_game.jpg
518KB, 1499x2086px
>tfw no cute korean bf
>>
File: 1436815953021.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1436815953021.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1989443
Is post-USSR skating the new frontier?
>>
>>1990845
It will grow back
>>
>>1991048
gosha will making sk8in great against
>>
>>1990495
>complaining that your stupid unknown friend isn't on the list
>the current year
>>
>>1989443
>11:11 and the ending
lmao

thanks for posting the vid, that was awesome. been having shitty weather the past few days but now i'm so hype imma go out and skate because fuck rain
>>
I always land in awkward footing positions with ollies, usually in a nollie footing position. Whats the cause of this and what can I do? I used to push my front foot down too fast and early so I'm trying to land "crouched" to keep my feet level but is there anything else? Also just general ollie tips pls
>>
>>1990928
drink a fuckton of booze and do it again
>>
>>1990928
I have done the exact same thing and I'm in the same situation as you, I'm wearing a wrist brace and guard and I'm trying to learn to fall properly. Also go to a doctor to get that shit checked out dude
>>
>>1992935
i have done that. skated home drunk last week. it was a lot of fun but i fell over just as i got home cos someone got in the way.

>>1992941
i went to a doctor, he didn't seem concerned because it was extremely painful at the beginning, and after a couple days it was a lot better. which, according to him, means it's not broken so dw about it
>>
>>1992115
did you watch KOTR?
>>
How long did it take you guys to learn to ollie after you started skating? It seems so easy and would make getting around a lot easier but I just can't seem to get it.
>>
>>1993701

About 1 month of practicing daily for about 1 hour.

First I noticed I'm not sliding my front correctly, then when I got to slide my front foot it was hard to get a consistent pop with my back leg. THEN, hardest part was an ollie while speeding but by that time I meet friends that could almost tre-flip that had me practice olliing over something or just up a curb.

Its essential to learn ollies while going fast and to be fearless.

Best thing to do is hook up with my homies around your neighborhood, ya'll will feed off of each other and such.
>>
>>1990928

dont fall on your hands, I fractured my wrist falling backwards from going to fast on fs noseslide on a curb. They also teach this in snowboarding, I think the proper way is use your elbows.
>>
>>1993721

no no, not your elbows haha, I mean your arms or body somehow.
>>
>>1993721
>>1993723
haha idk why but your correction of yourself is kind of adorable.

my friend was learning to rollerblade (he doesn't know how to do -anything- with his body. he is a computer person) and within the first 2 hours he fell over, landed REAL hard on his left elbow

straight fracture through his elbow. still can't straighten it. it's been 3 months.

but yes, i'm trying not to land on my hands i guess? i dunno. i'll probably get there in the end.

next thing to learn is how to ollie while rolling and not kill myself
>>
>>1993792
Don't try learning how to ollie if you're still consistently falling over while cruising. Start learning when you're completely comfortable on a board.
>>
>>1993721
Use your forearms, slide like a tiger. Don't meet the ground dead-on with anything.

Some people take martial arts lessons in order to learn ukemi, i.e. rolling falls. There's lots of the backward way in many skate videos; it looks like someone doing a roll over their shoulder. (it's actually diagonal across the back and down the legs, so as to avoid putting force on the spine.)
>>
>>1990845
lol everytime i go to the skatepark i get this from grabbin at the board.
goes away after a few hours or a day or something.
>>
>>1989775
It's super fucking easy to put a board together, m8. but completes aren't a bad deal.

Most skateshops will let you do a custom complete, where you pick out all the goods and they put it together for you.
Not sure on the conversion rate or if ya'll just pay more for skate stuff up there, but in the US you can get a perfectly skate-able set up for $80-$90.

I would recommend going relatively cheap on everything except for the trucks. Trucks last the longest and there isn't much reason to change them up. You might end up wanting a different shape/size deck (and most trucks will accommodate about a .5 range, so you'll have a bit of room there), different size wheels, yada yada yada, but the trucks don't really matter much. Unless you go really cheap and they break.

>>1990432
A real skateshop likely won't sell anything unusable. Go in and get what you need/want.
>>
>>1993701
years lol.

but i started when i was like 7.

i think the neighborhood kids and i got it around 9 or 10. we all kind of sucked, though.

what helped me was doing those super cheese-y ollie things where you have one foot on the nose and one on the tail and you just kind of wiggle. helped me get an idea of what needed to happen.

also, skate off some curbs. Get really comfortable skating off of a curb and doing it really smooth (so, not having your front wheels dip when you go over). Because that's kind of like a baby ollie. you're shifting your weight to get the board to move the way you want it to in the air.
>>
WHat happened to cliche?
>>
>>1994213
I read in Slap Dwindle is not willing to distribute them anymore
>>
I was hoping to see this released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlcSOWBjxh0
>>
>>1993701
Like a year. It's a much tougher trick than it looks to learn and a lot of people underestimate it because it's a beginner trick. Like >>1993827 said you should first focus on being completely comfortable on your board to the point you can skate around anywhere confidently and very rarely fall off while cruising.

Personally I'd learn to shuvit, then pop shuvit then go on to an ollie from there. I think those are easier.
>>
>>1990845
yeah that's normal. I normally get some of the griptape off cuts and sand down a little part of the grip on my nose. That way I have a place I can put my thumb without shaving all my skin off.
>>
Any London anons wanna meet up in December and skate? I'm moving back home for the Christmas period and I don't have any skate homies in London.
>>
File: 1429210333016.jpg (242KB, 1504x1000px)
1429210333016.jpg
242KB, 1504x1000px
>>1994478
>tfw want to skate with people but can only cruise around

I would if I could, man
>>
>>1994490
well, technically, that means you can skate with people.
>>
>>1994490
Fuck it dude. I can hold your hand while I teach you how to ollie :3
>>
What's skating doing on the wrestling board?
>>
I've never stepped foot on a skateboard but I've been long boarding for quite some time. Should I get a shit Wal-Mart board to learn on or buy a real board? I know how to ride so I can't imagine it would take too long to get comfortable on the board.
>>
>>1994965
you can buy a not too shit complete for $80
>>
>>1994600
>Everyone's grinding on shit, jumping gaps, trying tricks
>Meanwhile I have to stop and pick up my skateboard when I get to a curb
>>1994695
Trust me as much as I want to learn to ollie that's not a pleasant experience for either of us.
>>
>>1994478
I don't suppose you live near Egham?
>>
>>1995527
uhm kind of a little bit. I live in west london. nowhere near as far out as you, though.

>>1995091
come on anon stop being a pussy. i could teach you to ollie in one afternoon.
>>
>This guy rides by and slaps your gf on the ass

How do you respond, /esg/?
>>
>>1995584
Where in West? I'm in SW, but I'm in the Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush/Fulham area a lot. If it'll only take an afternoon then I might be down.

>>1995527
RHUL student? My ex went there, spent many a night at that campus
>>
File: 1448487323999.jpg (119KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
1448487323999.jpg
119KB, 356x438px
>>1995584
>tfw successfully learned how to ollie on a carpet but fell and sprained my wrist trying to do it in motion.
what's your secret, anon?
>>
>>1995742
Why even bother on carpet?
>>
>>1995858
To get the motion down without breaking anything
>>
File: tumblr_n0alz3Dxjb1r2l6ouo1_400.gif (499KB, 394x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0alz3Dxjb1r2l6ouo1_400.gif
499KB, 394x246px
I'm the guy who made the playlist. Been thinking of making a new hype playlist of some trap shit or hip hop, but I could do something different if you guys want. Suggest me some genres you want to hear and I'll upload that shit on my new account since I'm coming near the amount of free time soundcloud lets you upload.

Let me know lads, since it's been 8 months and that shit's probably getting boring to hear by now. Follow if you miss when it gets posted.

https://soundcloud.com/darinmic
>>
File: skatenorcal.jpg (511KB, 610x917px) Image search: [Google]
skatenorcal.jpg
511KB, 610x917px
>>1995964
sup terry man?

>vrca

pic related

hottest team
>>
Wait what happened with cliche? Did they quit? Why? They had the sickest decks
>>
slowly but steadily Nike has been taking over. Out of the financial crisis, they emerge, as the smaller companies, especially board companies, have a harder time staying afloat or even breaking even, making it thus easier for Nike to grab bigger portions of the market. AWS, now Cliche. Board companies are getting put balls to the wall where they would have to make ti-in deals with Nike. Nike is in a spot right now, where it can turn board companies work for it.
"You make the boards, while we make gazzilions of soft products. Whataver you make you can keep it".

>>1996203
strange fucking coincidence that I was writing this as your post showed up.
>>
Out in the fields there's a stake in the ground
And through the mountains comes a poisonous sound
Down below, the surface is turning
Any day now, we'll be burning

We live the world beneath the horror
The waves are calling us all over
Their frightening sound is growing louder
You'll hear the sound of the...
>>
>>1995742
I don't really remember learning to ollie because I was a kid. I think I held on to a fence to learn it stationary. Then I learnt it rolling by using shear will power to imagine that I wasn't moving and did the exact same motion as if I was standing still.

>>1995708
My parents live in Kew. We're pretty much neighbours. Let's get on it. I was thinking we could hit up bay 66 or something. But I really don't know the London scene anymore...
>>
>>1995742
look forward, not at the board, it helps me loads when trying to get them better, also go fast
>>
>>1996318
I honestly don't know anything. Just south bank, house of vans, clapham common and mile end. I live in Roehampton and just skate around Richmond Park on my own, literally only started a couple of weeks ago.
>>
File: scientific_method.jpg (180KB, 800x1090px)
scientific_method.jpg
180KB, 800x1090px
>tfw got a friend into skating after 3 years of doing it alone

I'll make sure he at least learns to ollie before he gives up.
>>
simply great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHpPSW3GbAQ
>>
>>1990575
Adidas part was solid
>>
>>1996358
That's cool. Skating with anybody is better than skating alone. Maybe I can teach you something.
>>
>>1995964
Please make a pop playlist.
>>
File: 1469451426198.jpg (37KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1469451426198.jpg
37KB, 321x333px
>>1997174
>pop
>>
>>1997208
To each their own, my man.
>>
>>1993701
In about a day I got all 4 wheels off the ground, bt it took me about a month to get that proper leveling motion while moving
>>
Landed my first switch bigflip today, 10 years after seeing Dylan do them for the first time
>>
>>1994490
Go to a skatepark and cruise around. Don't get in anyone's way and you might just make a friend.

Or get a camera. You can film people.
>>
>>1989439
Why do they make so many white wheels? They get so gross like, instantly. Is there a reason not to skate black/darker/clear wheels?
>>
>>1998074
Who cares, all wheels are going to get dirty regardless. All about the quality dog.
>>
need help with learning impossibles. I can do the whole motion with my foot but whenever I land my back foot on the board, it's all the way up in front. should I make bigger circles with my foot?
>>
>>1998166
it seems that landing a bit closer to the nose is normal for impossibles. just keep working on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-KPBDnwwM
>>
>>1998074
Legend has it that the dyes would make the polyurethane softer. So the coloured wheels are all soft.

Dunno.
>>
File: IMG_5692.jpg (345KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5692.jpg
345KB, 720x960px
>>1998074
1. Coloured wheels (especially black) make your set up look like you bought it from toys 'r' us
2. what >>1998326 said. I don't know if it's true or not but the guys who run my skateshop don't order in any wheels that aren't white (unless you specifically ask them to) because of the lower quality urethane. I have faith in those guys. The only coloured wheels I ever had were pretty soft and sticky despite having a durometer of 86B, supposedly harder than my 100A, white wheels.
>>
>>1998206

alright. thanks, dood! hopefully i get these down by next week!
>>
>>1996646
Cool. I'm not going to be available for the next couple of weeks but after that I'm good. How we doing this?
>>
>>1993455
Not all of this years because I thought the format was lame and too time consuming. But if the dude is only known through the one kotr video, he is still not really a contender
>>
>>1996614
You think? I didn't think it was too special. Whatever though, he won't win anyway.
>>
>>1998387
>1. Coloured wheels (especially black) make your set up look like you bought it from toys 'r' us
White's don't look any less generic you dumbass
>>
You can always tell who the hypebeast fuckboys are because they have a Supreme/Palace/FA deck.

I don't really mind because at least they're trying to get into actually skating so it's all good but lol.
>>
>>1998703

it's so weird how skateboarding has always been so ahead when it comes to trends and i'm glad there are brands like these that branch into fashion. i love palace's aesthetic.
>>
>>1998741
Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of Supreme (although Cherry was great) but I like Palace and having grown up in the UK in the 90s it's hard not to like their aesthetic.
>>
File: 1359055681236.gif (822KB, 299x235px) Image search: [Google]
1359055681236.gif
822KB, 299x235px
>>1998547
>>
File: 1476171432011.png (549KB, 1054x861px)
1476171432011.png
549KB, 1054x861px
>>1995708
>RHUL student
You guessed it.

Coursework's getting busy until the Christmas break but then I go back south unfortunately. Maybe we could meet up next weekend if you can come down to Egham or something.

I only started this year and for a long time had nowhere to practice either. I can do solid moving ollies but I'm trying to get them consistent for when I go back to my home park.

My park recently got renovated and was when I could actuallly practice. I found out the hard way all of the ways to fuck up an ollie due to taking "advice" from kids ("Jump off of back foot", "Jump towards the nose") so hopefully I could teach you to make a start on them.

The most heartbreaking this is getting the ollie down but having it always land shifted. For me it was a combination of not keeping my knees perpendicular to the board when dragging (You can fix this muscle memory faster than you think) and keeping your weight/shoulders over the board the whole time, for the wind up bend only at the knees. You don't have to learn the eagle arms swing, just keep your hands out a little the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xZklNaFjk
>>
>>1993827
i'm not falling consistently while cruising, those instances were when i first started and i wasn't just cruising. i was messing around trying to do stuff i probably shouldn't have been.

last time i fell (while cruising, or at all) was cos it had been raining and it was slick, i was going down a hill and i was braking with my foot but i didn't see a metal grate approaching. my foot on the ground went over it and of course metal is a lot slipperier than pavement... and down i went.

i'm pretty confident cruising now (but not switch yet, i might do that first before ollies), i've been doing it a lot for long distances. last saturday i went 14km and my legs weren't jelly at the end, i'm pretty proud of that. i'm using a street setup, not a board -for- cruising.
>>
>>1998683
What? I didn't say anything about anything being generic. I just said that coloured wheels look like they belong on cheap, unbranded completes that you get from toy shops. Usually with a star wars graphic or something.
>>
File: skaterplease.png (81KB, 204x189px)
skaterplease.png
81KB, 204x189px
>>1999238
>he doesn't know about the SC/SW collab
>>
File: skatesantaPBR.jpg (110KB, 700x611px) Image search: [Google]
skatesantaPBR.jpg
110KB, 700x611px
>>1999238
I wonder if you know about the SC/PBR collab

CANNOT KILL THE FAMILY BATTERY IS FOUND IN ME
>>
>>1998988
Is that a $50 chocolate bar?
>>
>>1999336
It's literally just a brick. People will actually buy anything if it has "Supreme" on it.
>>
>>1998988
>6 inches higher every time
>ollie 100 times
>11th ollie is 16 meters high

How isnt this video more popular
>>
My Tranny To-Do List:
front feeble to fakie
front tail to fakie
front disaster to smith
frontside flip to disaster
front smith to disaster
front 360
front smith revert out
no comply front disaster revert
nollie frontside rock
nollie frontside rock to fakie
half-cab blunt
back rock revert out
back 5050 to fakie
back 50 to fakie
back smith to rock
alleyoop back disaster
>>
>>1999211
In my experience skating mini ramps helps confidence riding fakie and switch
>>
>>1999238
>I just said that coloured wheels look like they belong on cheap, unbranded completes that you get from toy shops
You're right, generic was the wrong word. But white wheels on cheap toy boards is just as common. Looking like proper wheels has nothing to do with color
>>
>>1994490
that's when yuo decide to become a filmer//photog
>>
>>1989443
that opening was painfully over-edited. sick video though.
>>
>>2000197
which reminds me: will Sany cruz do its game of skate this year?
>>
>>2000218
i will keep this in mind. the only skate park near me is always full of skaters who definitely know what they're doing and i am still 2 embarrassed to be around them :^ )
i do most of my skating around the CBD.

i wish i had someone chill to skate with. i can be your apprentice. i will murder your enemies. and you will teach me to tre flip. (i'm in melbourne, australia)
>>
>>2000197
Checked!:
Front 360
Front tail to fakie
>>
>>2001277
Whenever I'm around skaters who seem proficient, I always do a couple of my go-tos and realize we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Let others make you better .
>>
What is the most comfortable skate shoe?
>>
Any newbie skaters in newy Australia?
>>
>>2001615
Imo anything that's a good quality shoe with nice cushioning. My current shoes were super uncomf when i bought them but after i broke them in they feel awesome
>>
>>2001615
Most comfortable "skate shoe" are the Busenitz pureboosts by a mile. I personally would never actually skate in them though, way too nice/expensive and honestly speaking I have no idea how you're actually supposed to with that gigantic cushioning.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-xxdtZcXeE&t=126s

Kyle Walker just cemented SOTY with this part right here, imo.
>>
File: Kyle Walker.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Walker.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
i know this threads all over the place but i learned varial flips today (and by learned i mean landed one in S.K.A.T.E. on second T try)
>>
>>2003557
what the shit was that wallie at 1:44?
>>
>>2003557
>implying pop-shuv-its to nose/50-50 are lame

I don't particularly like Lutheran but that was dope.
>>
File: ogodyes.gif (527KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
ogodyes.gif
527KB, 500x383px
>>2003557
>dat feeble shuv-it out
>>
>>1998974
>responding to actual conversation with this crap
You're why this board is crap 2bh
>>
>>2003557
Elijah is a total qt.
>>
>>2004260
I agree with you. The format was shit. KOTR is nothing but shit tier American reality TV now. No better than Storage Hunters or Lizard Lick Towing or whatever. The 5 min youtube videos are pretty great though.
>>
Got solid ollies every try after 6 months since I started skating today, also got super close to landing a fs air
>>
>>2004421
>The 5 min youtube videos are pretty great though.
Pretty much man, they had a good thing going. So they fuck with it for no good reason.

But as long as they don't get rid of the web vids, I don't care greatly
>>
File: lmoa.webm (135KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lmoa.webm
135KB, 480x360px
i've been working on these forever and still have yet to perfect them. what tricks have you guys been struggling with?
>>
>>2003557
That fifty to fifty to fifty is the fucking sls trick of the year.
>>
>>2005070
I'm still having trouble popping out of bs k grinds. At the moment I'm finding it easier to do krooks to fakie or krooks nollie shuv out.
I'm also sick flat ground. I've hit a ceiling and can't get past it. Plus, I lost a bunch of tricks after taking 6 weeks out due to a nasty rolled angle.
>>
>>2005070
all of them, lel
>>
>>2005366
>popping out of bs k grinds
that's a hard one. i just go fast so i fly out and hope i land it
>>
FUCKING KYLE WALKER BITCHES can't stop watching that 50-50, truely a historic moment in skateboarding
>>
>>2005070
Don't know what it's called, but I pop the board out into my hand and do a double finger flip and land. Can't consistently land/roll away.
>>
File: Kyle Walker 50 50 2nd angle.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle Walker 50 50 2nd angle.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2006466
Absolutely insane. That shit takes some serious balance.
>>
File: Elijah Berle.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elijah Berle.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2006466
Pat Duffy would have made the whole rail and popped out beyond the curb. The feeble was truly impressive

and this>>2006645
is switch.
>>
>>2006662
>>2006645
Motherfucking amazing. Well be seeing this one reposted for a while
>>
>>2006662
Elijah is goofy
>>
>>1999503
most people are just to lazy to ollie that many times
>>2001277
I definitely feel that, and it is much easier if you have a friend but eventually i think you just need to go out and do it man. i feel that most skaters would be excited to show you some tricks or something if you just go up and ask them, then you can make friends to skate with!
>>2001615
I am currently riding Vans Gilbert Crocket pro Mids, if you like mid top shoes they are the bomb.com imo super good cushion and made out of some solid material too. only problem i have with them is they make my feet sweat a fuckton

Anyone have tips for making my feet not sweat? like specific socks that are good or something?
>>
>>2007450
i feel like most skaters -won't- want to help with something as basic as an ollie. so i'll do that on my own before trying to make friends and learn something less basic.
>>
>>2007101
proofs
>>
>>2007101
oh shit, you 're right
>>
What's the difference in feel between 95A, 98A and 101A. I have like 101A and they're too hard for the rough streets 'round here. Ordered 95A, but the shop said they no longer have them in stock and are offering me to 98A wheels as closest duro. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade. I had older wheels that are so comfy but I have no idea what hardness they are.
>>
u guys ever move your wheels to make them wear evenly? any reason not to?
obviously i flip the graphic so theyre not coned but my back truck wheels are noticeably smaller than the front
>>
>>2009719
i don't see any reason not move them, i do whenever i flip the wheels
>>
>>2009719
never even thought about it to be h. Maybe next time I flip the graphics I'll mix it up a little.
>>
>>2009737
>>2010117
cool cool i knew this was kind of a dumb question but theres always something i could overlook
i think its fine as long as you just move the back wheels to front, vice versa.

have to say its pretty neat how well wheels are engineered to wear evenly and not flatspot nowadays, hopefully i can get a little longer out of this pair before they get too tiny
how often do you guys replace wheels?
>>
File: $_32.jpg (223KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
223KB, 1600x1062px
new to this board. does rollerblading ever get discussed or is it found on another board?

>unrelated
https://youtu.be/DL_Pc5D8G-I
>>
>>2010675
Yeah you have your own thread
>>
>>2010675
roller girls are sexy as hell
>>
>>2010675
btw there was another person asking the same thing a couple of weeks ago, he even made a general, but he got bullied off by trolls.
If you make it, they will come.
>>
>>2009719
Personally I just swap em around if I'm taking them off anyway. I wont take them off just to rotate them, it doesn't make a huge difference either way

Constantly taking them off wears out the locking on the nut quicker. But the real reason I don't bother is cause I cant be bothered.
>>
from the way it looks kwalks or evan smith's got soty bagged. wachu guys think?
>>
>>2011400
Yeah, Figgy seems like an insider pick tho. I feel like it would be a crime to deny Walker after that jaw dropping part.
>>
Is BrailleSkateboarding a meme?
>>
>>2011725
No but aaron is
>>
File: nataskaupas.jpg (27KB, 318x233px) Image search: [Google]
nataskaupas.jpg
27KB, 318x233px
>>2010675
There used to be a BMX general on /esg/, too, but that also died out.
>>
>>2011450
>jaw dropping

it was a great part, but he's a literally who, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just because he dropped that part right before the year ends he gets to be called soty? this is why Skater of teh Year, like all awards, suck shit
>>
>>2011725
Absolutely
>>
>>2000197
Anything to fakie is damn near impossible I've found. I hate it
>>
>>2012235
He should have gotten it last year but Ave fucked everything up. He's another reason 2016 sucked ass.
>>
>>2012418
let me get my point across:

to paraphrase a famous quote: "to speak of great skating after the beakup of Welcome mk1 would be barbarism".
>>
>>2011725
100%
>>
IM TRYING TO SLEEP

LOST COUNT OF SHEEP
>>
>>2012519
just relax buddy
>>
>>2012520
AND IM SO CONFUSED

ABOUT WHAT TO DO
>>
>>2012423
thats a terrible quote
>>
>>2011400
what makes you say that?
>>
>>2003557
holy shit elijah rips
>>
I'll preface this with saying that i'm NOT trying to start a east vs west argument.

I am an east coast skater, through and through. I love ripping around the old downtowns, the hectic streets, the security-ridden plazas etc. However, I find that the west coast skaters have much better attitudes. This isn't just a factor of skaters being dicks from havin to deal with a lot of pedestrains. Even when east coast skaters are chilling with other skaters, they're all so seirous. West coast skaters are all chill as can be. Recently took a trip to san fran for work, and everybody i met there was super friendly, and even one crew took me to a couple spots to film with them.

tl;dr why are east coast skaters serious and west coast skaters laid back
>>
>>2012825

if we're basing it off content, they've done so much in the past year including mindblowing footage, tho at this point I want figgy or busenitz to get it.
>>
>>2012534
fuck me, the nostalgia. i loved that song. i listened to it so many times. i still listen to it.
>>
Any ollie tips for a noob? I can pop the board but I can't get it more than an inch off the ground, or slide my front foot up for the life of me
>>
>>2012962
jump and lift your back foot, point your front knee forwards slightly to get more consistent slide
>>
>>2012851
West coast in general is a lot more chill than East, not just when it comes to skating. It's a very common and very true stereotype.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
Quit shitposting in our general and pretending to be wrestling fags you fucking cunts.
>>
>>2012962
focus less on the "jump" and more on the front foot slide. Also don't focus on trying to land it at first until you can consistently get it off the ground at a good height.
>>
Learned to ollie while i was drunk one night and want to learn more tricks but I don't really have anywhere to skate around. There's a skate park near me but I don't want to go if I'm just going to fall off my board the whole time. Wat do?
>>
>>2013542
literally any piece of flat concrete without many peopel around
school yards after hours are good
parking lots are good
your driveway
your garage
>>
>tfw skateboarding fan since I was a kid
>total potato on a board
>22 y/o now

I'm probably gonna get a cruiser and be done with it.
>>
>>2013556
i started skating at 22, 26 now
i can tre flip, front board, 5-0, pretty much all the tricks i wanted to get when i started
that being said i've always been a good snowboarder
>>
>>2013561
Nigga I'm shit on any board you can imagine, like I can barely keep my balance and shit. Maybe a longboard and lots of patience will solve it but idk
>>
>>2013575
what's your problem? big feet? fatass? retarded? you can work around all of those things
>>
>>2013575
longboards take all the fun out of skateboarding IMO; it's like riding in a Honda odyssey vs a motorcycle. all the thrill is gone on a longboard, plus they're big and clunky.

just keep skating around on your board and you'll get better balance and board control
>>
>>2013579
My feet are the same as an irish farmer's so I can't really be agile with them.

>>2013582
I'm buying a proper set of trucks and wheels tomorrow. Any tips not to fall flat on one's ass?
>>
>>2013595
>>2013595
>Any tips not to fall flat on one's ass
keep your weight evenly distributed. go slow. don't try to move too quickly. just push and glide and carve a bit
>>
>>2013528
how do you know it was us in the first place?
>>
File: mad.png (135KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
135KB, 483x442px
>tfw shit on my grip
>>
>>2014369
just step off your board
>>
>>2014496
it's alreaedy smeared wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>2014500
your shit
>>
>>2014369
lolol been there, get new grip its like 5 dollars.
>>
>>2008952
Hard wheels are good for rough terrain. Soft wheels are for skate parks and plazas . You need bones stf or spitfire formula fours. Do research on the wheel shapes and decide . All other wheels are garbage right now
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
My old roomate gave me his skateboard when he left and I want to learn how to ride

I dont know what brand the board is since the art is pretty much grinded off but the bearings are joey brenzski (idk who that is) and the wheels roll for a long time so i assume its better than the walmart board that I had when i was in 7th grade.

Should I just buy some basic ass vans? Whats the difference between the classic and the normal
>>
>>2013528
Please give us your sissy white boi and his cute rainbow socks
>>
>>2015273
Get shoes that aren't made of canvas. They disintegrate in a single session.
You have an actual board, not a walmart board, so that's good.
>>
>>2015273
don't listen to >>2015798

if you're starting out, a cheap pair of vans will be fine
>>
>>1989443

I need the song/tracklist, hot damn
>>
>>1995964
let's get some post-punk, heaps of synth my man
>>
>>2017712
Its in the comments hot damn
>>
>>1995634
throw my board in his wheels.
>>
>>1998387
Like all formula 4's are colored and they're fine. I think this whole colored urethane is weaker myth was invented by Bones.
>>
>>2013595
>>2013556
just ride everywhere, to get comfortable on the board. you'll have to get off and pick it up a lot to get down/up curbs and cross roads and stuff but that's fine.

i only recently (at age 23) picked up skating earlier this year and i've just been getting super comfortable on my board by skating *everywhere*. i can comfortable go down pretty steep hills and foot brake without eating shit. i have found learning to be really comfortable foot braking to be very helpful.

some days i skate like 20km. now that i'm very comfortable regular, going to try and get comfortable switch. and then i'm going to go into like ollies and powerslides and stuff.
>>
Kyle Walker won SOTY.
>>
>>2018605
Who? I've been reading thrasher and watching their videos all year and his name doesn't stand out to me at all
>>
>>2019789
see:
>>2003557

he has been mentioned a few times in this thread. the 50-50 they are talking about is in that video at about 11:45.
>>
>>2020147
doesn't change my point, the dude didn't stand out to me this year
>>
>>2021167
oh, i see. you were being clever, asking a rhetorical question. hilarious

also wow, sure is a good thing that your opinion alone doesn't matter
>>
>>2011725
All of Revive is bullshit, DESU.
>>
>>2013561
yeah, i skated like my whole life and never really got much better than doing kickflips and shuvits... and then i quit for like 6 years or something.

anyway, i picked it up again at 24 and i think i've already gotten better in like 2 months than i ever improved back then.

skating is mostly in the mind and i'm more disciplined now.
>>
>>2022264
Why do you think that?
>>
>>2022332
its a fact
just watch braille vids and all he does is babysit children
>>
>>2022345
Just watched one of their recent videos and there is literally one person that looks under 18
>>
>>2022372
Don't you find the forced goofy humour and stupid voices to be incredibly childish and annoying? It's obvious that their target audience is 9-15 year olds. They barely do any skating in their videos except for a few sketchy flat ground tricks.
I'll admit when I was starting out a couple of years ago that Aaron's kick flip trick tip helped me out, but those videos were somewhat professionally made and very to the point. There was no "FIRST TRUUUYYYYYYEEE" or other shitty memes. Honestly, I cannot see how anyone could find one of their recent videos to be entertaining at all.

This goes for every single skateboarding personality of YouTube.
>>
>>2022394
You are totally right, but Brailles videos used to be pretty alright.
Not all of youtubes skaters are like that, Chris Chann and John Hill are chill mostly
>>
File: AxCx.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
AxCx.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>tfw you pull a trick for the first time and someone tells you "you 're doing it wrong"
>>
>>2022427
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>2022416
john hill is the absolute most annoying thing to ever come out of youtube. chris chann is pretty cool
>>
>>2021905
>oh, i see. you were being clever, asking a rhetorical question. hilarious
Was that not obvious?

>also wow, sure is a good thing that your opinion alone doesn't matter
The fuck are you on about dude? Im just surprised because he didn't stand out to me. I'm not talking shit on the guy.
>>
>>2022394

>Aaron's kick flip trick tip helped me out, but those videos were somewhat professionally made and very to the point

vlskate's tutorials are much better, desu.
>>
>>2021905
stay mad
>>
>>2012423
>>2012418
Called that shiiiet!
>>
>>2018605
Deserved it for sure. Dude is the future.
>>
>>2014496
Nice
>>
>>2023746
Nah
>>
File: IMG_1015.jpg (39KB, 400x606px)
IMG_1015.jpg
39KB, 400x606px
>>2021905
Nigger pls
>>
>>2023782
kyro? is that you?
>>
can i order a good skate online without getting ripped off? there are no skate shops in my town i could trust not to rip me off pls spoonfeed im a babby
>>
>>2026286
yes. you can.
>>
>>2026286
just look for the closest shop in your state
>>
>>2022332
Their graphics are shit. Their skaters are shit. What else is there?
>>
>>2026607
Jonny is cool man
>>
>>2022427
You probably are.

>>2022553

Yeah but I don't think Chris skates for Revive anymore. He isn't listed on their site.
>>
>>2022416
John Hill is arguably worse then Braille. Why the fuck is the entire first half of the video a lame as fuck time lapse of him sitting in a coffee shop at 7am??? There's actually less skating in his videos than in Brailles which is a difficult task to achieve.
>>
>>2026500
That anon's clearly not from the anglo sphere. Probably from some bumblefuck Portuguese town
>>
Haven't skated for 3-4 years and finding this board after only using /v/ and /b/ for 6 years has made me want to skate again. Thanks anons.
>>
>>2026612
>You probably are

>actually thinking there is "right" and "wrong" in skateboarding

if it flips, it flips

if it grinds, it grinds

why don't you tell me what your Revive saviours have to say about that?
>>
>>2026733
He's a vloger what do you expect mate
>>
>>2026813
I expect him to be trash and he delivers
>>
>>2026813

he wasted his opportunity with birdhouse. he had a good video.
>>
>>2027185
You're kinda right but if he didn't get along with the team then what's the point

>>2026999
checked
>>
>>2027380
don't know who could get along with him
>>
Figgy unspoken SOTY '16
>>
anyone know of any good shortboard decks that are either blank or 1 solid color w/ no graphic or logo whatsoever? asking 4 a friend
>>
>>2026808
>if it flips, it flips
Yeah but that doesn't mean you can't fuck up and do a specific trick wrong. If you try to do a hardflip, but it spins bs. Its not a hard flip.

But anyway thats semantics. Because they dude was probably trying to tell him he's wrong in the sense that his technique is poor. For example a rocketted kick flip is still a kickflip, but it looks pretty shit and one might tell another that it looks wrong.
>>
>>2029013
I mean mini logo is cheap and aight
>>
>>2027380

maybe he was the problem instead of the team?
>>
If I wear palace will I look like a mad fuccboi
>>
>>2029986
if you skate it shouldn't matter.
>>
is thrasher still cool?
>>
>>2030004
no, everything is revive and braille now.
>>
>>2030020
hello aaron
>>
>>2029986

does it fucking matter? wear whatever you want. don't be pussy
>>
File: setup.jpg (163KB, 1080x1080px)
setup.jpg
163KB, 1080x1080px
well since this thread is all over the place, rate my setup boys.
>Hockey 8.5 deck
>Spitfire Formula Fours
>Indy Stage 11's
>Bones Bushings
>Shorty's 1" Bolts
>Mob Grip
>Lucky Swiss Bearings I've had for like 4-5 years
>>
>>2030063
8.9/10
One of those wheels is wonky
>>
>>2030063
8/10

Get some Reds and fix that wheel though
>>
>>1990947
who drew this semen demon
>>
>>2029335
I get it.
>>
get you Blender vibes on, it's your boy Mango!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIiqlZ2FZoE
>>
>>2029986
Are you from London? If not then you will look like a fuchbuoy
>>
>>2030063
> - for coloured wheels
> + for at least they're pink
> - for coloured bolts
> + for hesh grip
> + deck is alright I suppose
7.5/10
>>
File: 1392024469281.png (21KB, 542x602px)
1392024469281.png
21KB, 542x602px
>>2030283
I wish I was tall enough to be this aesthetic
>>
>>2030323
1. it doesn't matter so much as you think it does.
2. He is lanky, not a giant.

read the OP mange.
>>
>Switch flip
>switch manual
>>
File: coolcat.png (118KB, 500x517px)
coolcat.png
118KB, 500x517px
>>2030438
>switch pop-shuv it
>switch frontside ollie
>>
>>1990928
Well, you could always wear a wristguard. But I know nobody's actually going to follow this advice. I can confirm it helps, it saved my wrist even when I fall retardedly.
>>
how rare is to see a case of "white don't crack"?

The guy has a son my age who is himself a pro skateboarder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LQS3H-Ziqk
>>
I heard that putting grizzly grip on baker boards is wrong. Why though?
>>
>>2031008
Probably something to do with shake junt bring owned by bakerboys dist. Most of the Baker/Deathwish guys also ride shake junt.
>>
>>2031051
Being*
Fucking dumb auto correct
>>
>>2031051
CHIKIN BON NOWISON
>>
>>2017755
my nigga i've got tons of post-punk synth if anyone wants it
>>
File: ssflipmanual.webm (421KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ssflipmanual.webm
421KB, 480x360px
>>2030438
>>
>>2031008
Who cares
>>
>>2031366
Me.
>>
>>2031102
DONT STOP DONT STOP
>>
>>2028254
Why do people really think he deserves it? He put out 1 part that year.
>>
Really chill new edit from quartersnacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnJpWMZ_RhU
>>
>>2031158
Hahah. Is this chris Roberts? I've been watching the nine club and wondering about this clip. Dude is fucking egomaniac
>>
>>2030323
>aesthetic
lol mango literally has said he just wears whatever is funny to him
not gonna lie i love the style of all the forg boys but come on literally anyone could pull it off just go to a thrift store
>>
>>2031761

dude, he was injured for the most part and that's why he can only put out one part. despite the handicaps, he still landed two covers for thrasher and made 2.

>>2031773
the switch manny thing has been an inside joke for how many episodes now, i think since the kelly hart one.
>>
>>2031765
gennys killin it was thinking about copping a humble tshirt haha
hope he gets picked up by frog if no ones hooking him up with boards right now
>>
>>2031773
i like rog
>>
>>2029986
I've got a Palace deck who gives a fuck dude.
>>
>>2022416
Every time I watch a John Hill video I always get the feeling that he is on the verge of a mental breakdown and he's literally just acting like he does because he's bat shit crazy. The guy is annoying as fuck and he acts way too nice and formal to the point it comes off to be fake. Dude looks like an overcooked piece of bacon with a shitty wig on.
>>
>>2016045
What did anon say that OP shouldn't listen to? That he shouldn't buy canvas shoes? lol

He never implied he shouldn't buy a cheap pair of vans, just said he shouldn't get canvas shoes...
>>
>>2014496
Fucking got him good. Hats off to that.
>>
>>2030270
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=fetishist
>>
File: 1465241550024.jpg (23KB, 783x540px) Image search: [Google]
1465241550024.jpg
23KB, 783x540px
>>2014496
>>
>>2032711
I think he's still in 917 I think.
>>
>>2033690
I don't think canvas should be avoided. If you're starting out it really won't matter.
>>
>>2034638
My was learning ollies and he has canvas shoes on, ripped a whole right through them in 30 minutes and stopped riding his board.
>>
>>2034815
what a pussy
>>
Would you rather buy a deck with an ugly faggot design you hate, but supporting your favorite pro, or get the nicest looking graphic, but supporting the biggest cuck you hate in skateboarding?
>>
>>2035327
Fave pro board. It's the same reason people hate nike
>>
>>2035327
Won't matter, the graphic will be gone in 3 sessions
>>
>>2035327
Fave pro as long as the deck is good. I'm 50-50ing everyday so the graph doesn't matter much.
>>
File: 3473_l.jpg (204KB, 800x800px)
3473_l.jpg
204KB, 800x800px
i ride a penny to work everyday...am i a fag?
>>
>>2035604
Penny boards are literally foe teenage girls and kids.
>>
>>2035638
eh, it gets me around quick and is small enough to carry easily. Fuck your elitist bullshit, dude
>>
>>2035742
Hey man you asked for an opinion. Don't get all pissy for no reason.
>>
How do I keep myself/board straight when I ollie? On top of that how the fuck do I land with the board flat, seems no matter how hard I kick I'm landing on the back end
>>
>>2036056
Look forward while ollying to keep it straight (also make sure your front is moostly centered and pointing slightly forward) are you lifting your back foot enough to get hieght?
>>
>>2036056
Lift your back foot more and don't put all of your strength in the pop.
>>
>>2036056
>no matter how hard I kick I'm landing on the back end
you're probably putting your front foot in the middle of the board. try putting closer to the front bolts
>>
>>2036056
Focus on not leaning backwards when you pop
>>
>>2036056
>seems no matter how hard I kick

it's how you carry your weight, not how you pop.
>>
>>2035604
yes
>>2035742
even more so bc you asked and then still got butthurt even though you knew it was coming
>>
whelp rolled my fucking ankle again literally right after my winter break starts

how long should i stay off my board? got a brace already, anyone got a stretch/exercise routine for it they recommend to get back to skating asap?
>>
>>2036771
Stay off it until you can jump with that foot without any pain, and even then be careful with it anyway
>>
>>2036056
Centre your weight over you front foot more. When you pop you should almost be kicking behind you. The board goes a little backwards bug your front foot drags it back forward.
>>
>>2036771
I rolled my ankle in summer and couldn't skate for 6 weeks. After the six weeks my ankle still killed when I skated on it and I'd be limping by the end of the session. It took me ~3 months to get my pop back (rolled my popping ankle). Recovery probably would have been faster if I'd not started skating again and picked up a good non-contact sport like swimming. Regular exercise and movement is a big part of physio and recovery.
There's no absolute time frame. Once you can skate without crying from pain then you can skate.
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 1280x960px)
image.jpg
220KB, 1280x960px
>>2037457
>>2036771
Pic related
>>
>>2017755
I can do that, might come through with two playlists. I'll keep you guys posted.
>>
>>2037460
It's not the bad, pussy.
Take a advil and keep skating.
>>
>>2037460

cut your nails. i stubbed my toes recently and it went further in. fucking hurt like a bitch.
>>
What's the worst injury you've gotten while skating, and how long have you been skating?
>>
>>2038057
Sprained my knee after hanging ob on a rock fakie and trying to step off, one of my feet landed on my board, been skating 6 months
>>
>>2037460
that's from rolling your ankle?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRXxPl6bXA

Didn't have Tony Hawk's back then...
>>
I've been riding an 8.25 for almost a year now love the shape but my friends have been giving me shit cause my shoe size is 7 is this really a problem
>manlet feet
>>
>>2038823
Dude I skate 8.375 and my feet are size 8 (us size)
>>
NEW >>2039137
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.