[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

better or worse than tonight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: lesnargoldberg0.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lesnargoldberg0.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
better or worse than tonight?
>>
>>1979532
The first match was shit, but it at least was a match. Tonight was a squash. Takes zero effort to work a squash match.
>>
Way better...

People were actually cheering this time.
>>
>>1979532
Who'da guessed that Goldberg would have retained his physique better than Chubs Lesnar?
>>
>>1979532
As a match, better. As a spectacle, worse.
>>
>>1979532
Worse

Tonight delivered a story line climax that was needed and will be talked about for the next two months, exactly what a big four main event is supposed to do. Remember, in kayfabe, Brocks manager talked shit about Goldberg's family, no way he'd fuck around, he'd go out to destroy Brock.

For all this boards moaning about a lack of kayfabe, a perfect kayfabe finish to a feud falls in their lap and all they do is bitch
>>
>No Stone Cold there to hand out stunners when it's over
>>
>>1979627
The climax of such a story does not at ALL entail a squash of the guy who's built as the most powerful character by far in the entire roster. Anger, yes, some kinda Shibata/Ishii start, yes. But not a squash that hurts the rest of the product. This isn't about just a climax of a story about Lesnar and Goldberg, but the culmination of a climax of a build that's been going on since Wrestlemania 30 when a far more decorated character, The Undertaker, gave up his far more decorated streak to give one hell of a rub.
>>
>>1979712
And Lesnar has been enjoying that rub for over two years. Now he's humanized, you've got two powerful assets to put over lesser talent now. If you want to go the smark route, this was he best outcome for business.
>>
>>1979730
What? No. Goldberg being some random guy that just comes in, squashes, then leaves has ZERO effect towards the relativity of the rest of the roster. Giving Goldberg this rub doesn't humanize Brock at all.
>>
>>1979744
It's not a rub, it's establishing Goldberg as a credible threat. This obviously happened because he's sticking around, read the reports about how Vince wanted the finish to go.
>>
>>1979744

Who says he's leaving?
>>
>>1979712
You do realize that what you witness tonight was EVERY SINGLE Goldberg match? Even in HIAC, once he was unleased, everything that moved was speared and jackhammered, and when HHH refused to come out of his cell, Goldberg just smashed right through it and pummeled him like a school bully beating the sick kid.
His first fucking appearance in WWE he leveled The Great One like he was made of cardboard and popsicle sticks.
>>
>>1979712
>I've never seen Bill Goldberg booked well

Get marked m8
>>
>>1979766
>You do realize that what you witness tonight was EVERY SINGLE Goldberg match

DDP vs Goldberg HH98
>>
>>1979753
And do you see just how much of a ridiculous threat Goldberg looks like if he's to stay with the company? Lesnar, the guy that beat the Undertaker clean at Wrestlemania, annihilated Super Cena, just this ridiculous level of being straight up invincible. It is THIS guy that just jobbed in less than two minutes to Goldberg. Goldberg isn't a credible threat, he's an impossible threat.
>>
>>1979761
The deal was initially this one "match." Fucking hell if the rest of his matches are gonna be this I would rather not want him ever.

>>1979766
>>1979778
Even the jobbiest of the jobbers back then put up more of a fight than Lesnar did today. And Lesnar is established to be on a FAR larger level than any of those guys or where Lesnar was back in 2004.
>>
>>1979790
Goldberg has the excuse of not having age on his side, that's how he'll put over younger talent.
>>
>>1979790
WWE has become Dragonball Super with these insane power levels. Lesnar and Undertaker are going to have to fuse in order to even be half as strong as Goldberg.
>>
>>1979782
Let me see if I remember that correctly:

>Lasted all of 10 minutes, 4 of which were spent with both men laying around
>90% of the match was Goldberg throwing DDP around like a sack of potatoes
>LE SPEAR INTO RING POST, Goldberg's greatest weakness
>after 30 seconds of offense and a Diamond Cutter OUTTA NOWHERE, gets Jackhammered into putty and pinned

Is that about right?
>>
>their entire match fits in a small video
>Punk lasted longer against Mickey
https://streamable.com/video/0ous
>>
>goldberg
>random
>outdrew attitude at one point

18+
>>
>>1979804
>The deal was initially this one "match." Fucking hell if the rest of his matches are gonna be this I would rather not want him ever.
Vince wanted him strong if he was going to stick around. If not, another crush for Brock. He's obviously sticking around, possibly because Brock is leaving
>>
Why did Oldberg's kid act so fucking ambivalent after the win?
>muh kayfabe
>>
>>1979828
Not even Yamcha jobbed quite as hard as Lesnar did tonight.
>>
>>1979827
Oh, so it's gonna be a dumb gimmick thing instead of legitimately passing the torch like Hulk to Rock, Rock to Cena, etc.? Because outside of some dumb "oh shit the age factor has randomly weakened my power level!" the problem of somebody being able to credibly beat him is even worse than what Brock already has been for the past two years.
>>
>>1979828
It'll end up in a corrupted fusion. Unless Brock counts as a Kai of course.
>>
I-is Brock getting fired?

I have a feeling we're going to see a suspicious PR announcement in the next week telling us Brock has been released
>>
>>1979855
You're acting like I've got all the answers, I'm just speculating based on what we know about the circumstances of Bills return.

Remember, Brock is a 38 year old part timer who does 4 matches a year, and 10 televised appearances. He's never put anyone over and he's likely never going to with this schedule. Bill, on good terms with WWE, has the potential to be more than that.
>>
>>1979875
>Brock's never put anyone over
Except he did. Cena at ER 2012, HHH at...WM I think? And even when he beat CM Punk, he came out looking like the weaker person. Don't put booking's decision on the guys here. The gripe here is more about booking than it is on the guys themselves.

>has the potential to be more than that
Hell no. He's older than Brock, and unlike Brock never had any potential at all to put on a legit good match. The thing is that if there was some new cool over as fuck face that would've finally beaten Brock for the mega rub in a long hard fought battle, Brock would've been able to do it because despite his kinda one dimensional booking, when he wants to go the guy can go. Goldberg never could do that, and it's essentially impossible for him to ever give such a rub onto someone because Goldberg can't ever DO a match where somebody can do this long hard fought battle to barely beat him.
>>
>>1979893
Ah yes, that up and coming young star Cena in 2012, and new signing Trippple. What a guy.
>>
>>1979893

Who's to say the rub still can't happen? A new talent beating the guy that dominated Undertaker and Cena would not be believable by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>1979893
>The thing is that if there was some new cool over as fuck face that would've finally beaten Brock for the mega rub in a long hard fought battle
Stopped right here. Do you realise how insane that is? This guy beat Taker. He manhandled Cena, Orton, hell if Sting lasted to SS he'd have wrecked him as well. And giving all this to some new face? Nah. Brock was built too high. Bill putting him back from god tier to main event tier humanises him and makes it believable for a potential new face to come in and beat him.

Like you said. The booking for Brock is the problem. This is addressing that.
>>
>>1979915
>twisting my words
Those examples were just for the saying that Brock has never put over anyone since his return and that it's ultimately up to booking. The idea of him possibly losing to a new face is totally different than me giving examples. You're literally pulling shit out of your ass.

>>1979920
Putting Brock on such a high pedestal was already making causing the credibility of other stars against him go down. Goldberg's on an even higher pedestal. Combine that kayfabe reason with the idea that unlike Lesnar, Goldberg doesn't have a history of being able to put on longer quality matches and all of a sudden Goldberg doesn't look like the best idea. Honestly at this point I want to wait and see what's really happening because part of me really believes that we don't have the full story on this.

>>1979946
>And giving all this to some new face? Nah
Andre -> Hogan
Tsuruta -> Misawa
Hogan -> Rock
Bryan -> Cena
Whoever it was that Bruno Sammartino passed the torch to

Just examples I can remember on top of my head. It's very common in pro wrestling to go out passing the torch.

>Like you said. The booking for Brock is the problem. This is addressing that.
They fixed it by creating a far more worse version of Brock. If Brock himself was already feeling like he was too powerful compared to the rest of the roster, what about the guy who SQUASHED the guy who is way too powerful compared to the rest of the roster?
>>
>>1979985
Fucking thank you. This whole
>THEY HUMANIZED BROCK
Shit is braindead thinking, Okay, they humanized him
and did what? Created mega brock who can't work a good match to save his life even in his prime? Sounds like a good decision.
News just broke that Berg will be at the Rumble and if he's not going to be rematching Lesnar and losing (Making both of them look weaker) then he's just going to squash someone with a spear and a Jackhammer in 20 seconds because he literally can't do anything else
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-W-jLeSlE

full match for anynone that missed it
>>
>>1979860
I'm pretty sure Brock would've shot on Goldberg if he had a foot in the door.
>>
>>1979875
Brock has lost cleanly over his career. Goldberg has never lost clean, and never will. How many guys can claim this?
Hogan?
Flair?
Austin?
Rock?
Andre?
Undertaker?
Etc
All at some point lost clean.....all of them. Because that is what wrestlers do. Basically Goldberg and Warrior were it. And Warrior was bats hit insane so he had a reason to not want to put people over. Goldberg needs to have another match a put someone over. More than likely Vince would want it to be Roman.
>>
>>1980039
>>1979985
So the problem goes away if Goldie retires again
>>
>>1980069
Goldberg lost clean several times in WCW 2000
>>
>>1981060
>Getting beat with inanimate objects is clean
>Getting fuck finished is clean

He has literally never lost clean
>>
>>1981065
name every single Goldberg finish in 1999-2001 WCW

until then I know he lost clean
>>
>>1980069
He lost to Steiner
>>
>>1981136
After some interference, bro.
>>
>>1979893
>And even when he beat CM Punk, he came out looking like the weaker person.

CM Punk actually complained about losing to him, too. The guy who would go on to completely embarrass himself against a UFC rookie VS the man who dominated the UFC heavyweight division while dealing with a life-threatening illness
>>
Why is no one mentioning that Lesnar has an out? He underestimated Goldberg and turned away from him as Lesnar was getting up from the push, and got caught with a spear, which led to the next one and the jackhammer
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.