[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: crews.jpg (73KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
crews.jpg
73KB, 700x392px
What went wrong?
>>
An entire generation of wrestlers who focused too much on the wrestling and not enough on being charismatic.
>>
>>1969199
hes a chocolate midget, who needed a few more years in NXT
>>
Smarks
>>
I don't really think much of Crews but I guess they rushed him. How long was he in NXT? Not long compared to others I'd bet. They probably tried to hide him from Vince like they did with Lashley but Vince saw him and brought him up.
>>
>>1969199

Brought up way too quickly. It's a shame cause he's got a great look and his ring work is solid. If they'd kept him in NXT for another year or so, maybe someone could've taught him how to cut a fucking promo or add even an ounce of personality to himself.
>>
Short, I guess?

I dunno, it's not like he's even given any fucking time to talk or any kind of character, so how can we really judge his charisma or his promos?
>>
Lack of character outside of smiling man, pair him with Mojo and we might get a decent character out of him.
>>
>>1969199
Nothing

The standards imposed on him are pretty high when he's a midcarder at best and a low card guy on average

Not everyone who gets called up on the main roster is bound to be a main eventer
>>
>>1969199

didn't have enough time in NXT to develop promo skills or a character of any kind. instead they pulled the trigger on him way too early and gave him the generic happy negro gimmick
>>
>>1969199
WWE bought him up too early. Crews should still be in NXT working on his character.
>>
File: mfwyourebelow6fttall.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfwyourebelow6fttall.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>1969199
Anyone bellow 6'0 isn't appealing for Vince McMahon
>>
:D
>>
>>1969292
Heel Crews
>:D
>>
>>1969199
Literally no fucking gimmick to get behind.
>>
>>1969199
His whole gimmick is that he can do flips and be a powerhouse.

Problem is that nowadays in the WWE it's almost impossible to get over as a face without being a heel for awhile.

Can't be a heel because doing flips is for babyfaces and he doesn't have the charisma to be a heel despite the flips.

Still he's on Smackdown and that brand desperately needs some faces so maybe there's hope for him yet
>>
He didn't meme enough bru. These days, you gotta be a meme to get over. Smiling Black Guy (or SBG for short) is not meme'y enough.
>>
>>1969199
>The lameness of his gimmick is the gimmick
>>
What went wrong? I'll tell you what went wrong... HIS FUCKING NAME. How many damn times has someone accidentally called him Apollo Creed? It was getting sad at one point, so much so that I would bet my left foot that they pulled him from the show because of the mere fact. Seriously, how do you expect to get over when PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH CAN'T GET YOUR NAME RIGHT. And yes, it doesn't help matters that he was rushed to the main roster and that he can't cut a promo to save his life. But some have gotten over those obstacles. Crews needs to get repackaged to salvage him at this point.
>>
>>1969199
>lehappy black man
>>
He has zero charisma. NXTcucks refuse to understand that to be good doesn't mean just wrestling, it means being able to entertain with a microphone. Not to mention he smiles all the time no matter what like a goofball.
>>
Repackage him.

Shorten his name to just Apollo. They can make references to that alone. The god, theater, boxer, etc.

Give him a manager or something. There is no reason to care for this Shelton Benjamin lite.

Also change his finisher. It's like a poor man's Blue Thunder Bomb.

He's cool but he needs help fast or else he'll get left behind.
>>
>>1969199
Smiles do much. :DDDD

Seriously stop smiling.
>>
>>1969412
Completely agree, anon
>>
>>1969199
He has no charisma, can't tell a story or work a crowd, just does moves one after the other and grins like a fucking goofball the whole way through.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.jpg (25KB, 231x224px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
25KB, 231x224px
>>1969199
>>1969499
>we got the same dubs
>>
>>1969412
Explain how Apollo is anything like Shelton Botchamin.
>>
File: 1478247709533.jpg (34KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1478247709533.jpg
34KB, 460x345px
I heard that Apollo had hella story in NXT with like his family in Uganda or some shit.

They could sell him as happy as fuck, demented heel. Like the Joker from Batman or pic related
>>
>>1969199
The same thing thats wrong with other shit NEXT gimmicks, they're literally handed a gimmick and it pretty much gets over in a place that has zero standards...Full Fail...and then BOOM they're ready for the main roster.

to me it seems like todays """"""""wrestlers""" have no idea what wrestling is and never watched wrestling growing up so they don't know what expected of them.
>>
>>1969507
you mean bo Dallas
>>
File: ahmed.jpg (52KB, 530x629px) Image search: [Google]
ahmed.jpg
52KB, 530x629px
>>1969199

Literally no character.

There's a reason why Ahmed Johnson was 100x more over than Apollo even though Ahmed was the drizzling shits in the ring. It's because he was ENTERTAINING and memorable. His promos were fucking insane, and you always wanted to catch the coke filled insanity of whatever he would say.

Apollo just comes out, smiles, does moves, and leaves. That's literally it. He has no character and no reason for people to like him. He doesn't even give the people a reason to even hate him.

Apollo didn't even get a character in NXT. He was in there for like one month before getting called up. That NEVER should've happened, and it was a BIG mistake for WWE to call him up so quickly. He didn't go anywhere and just floundered about doing jackshit anyway. I don't think I'll ever understand WWE's reasoning for bringing him up quickly, but I'm just sure that Vince caught a glimpse of his body and just had to bring him up.
>>
>>1969557
The problem is he never even had a real NXT tier gimmick. His call up was so sudden it was like Vince turned on NXT once. Saw the big strong black guy then had him called up.

Then Vince saw he was 5'9 or whatever and lost all interest.
>>
>>1969199

his name for starters. one of the worst in the history of wrestling. T. L. Hopper levels of bad. even before I found out his personality was awful, I was never going to take him seriously with a name like that.
>>
File: apollocrews.jpg (135KB, 700x584px) Image search: [Google]
apollocrews.jpg
135KB, 700x584px
>>
>>1969199
KING OF STRONG SMILE
>>
>>1969636
Nice one
>>
>>1969199
triple h is a meme businessman
>>
On top of everything else, every single time he was on screen JBL always reminded the crowd that "THIS GUY HAS GOT MEGA STAR WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM!"

I don't even dislike Apollo Crews but hearing that shit constantly is enough to make me not want him on screen anymore.
>>
>>1969745

WWE has a tendency to push things in the most inorganic way possible. See Roman Reigns entire push which was handled terribly. Even Bo Dallas was initially pushed inorganically before he went to NXT.
>>
>>1969199
Didn't he get in trouble earlier this year for pulling on Vince during DB's retirement?
>>
File: 1478219671003.jpg (609KB, 2110x2057px) Image search: [Google]
1478219671003.jpg
609KB, 2110x2057px
>>1969752
That was Titus you racist schmuck.
>>
>>1969916
no that was lashley you white trash redneck
>>
>Called up far too soon
>Never got good tips on developing character
>Never engaged in a convincing feud
>Most white meat babyface we've had in years
>>
Just fucking boring, like all these other fucking no character jobbers they keep bringing in. It's no surprise their shows are so fucking boring and barely anybody is over when they don't give anybody a character or decent gimmick. Honestly, wrestling ability is arguably one of the lesser important aspects of having a decent show. Characters and engaging storylines, that's what gets people coming back each week, not fucking jobber one with his real name and plain black pants vs jobber two with his real name and blue pants.
>>
>>1969916
>>1969926

umm, I'm pretty sure that was the Junkyard Dog, you homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobes.
>>
>>1969204
>Watches WRESTLING.
"OH NO! IT'S NOT SOAP OPERA ENOUGH FOR ME! HE CAN ACTUALLY WRESTLE, AND THAT'S WRONG IN WRESTLING!".
>>
>>1969952
>he can fake fight better than the rock

yeah and guess who's more over, blandy mcbland or the rock?
>>
>>1969199
They gave him the blackest fucking name imaginable.
>>
>>1969968
If Maivia came up in this era "The Rock" never would have existed.
>>
>>1969985
I think Dikembe Crews would sound nice. it would definitely prevent people from calling him Apollo Crews.
>>
>>1970025
Uhaa Nation was dank as fuck. Apollo Crews is just the most generic sounding WWMEME shit.
>>
>>1969315
You can be a flippy heel.

Look : Mundo, Evans in LU
>>
"Happy smiles negro" gimmick.

Sucks in the ring.

Sucks on the mic.

Abysmal name.
>>
he's just happy to be in the wwe
>>
>>1969938
THAT WAS THE BIG CAT ERNIE LADD YOU DRUNKEN INJUNS
>>
>>1970398
It was Devon Dudley, you miserable chinamen.
>>
He's basically a black version of Neville.

Except Neville actually understands ring psychology, has a better moveset and can display more than one kind of emotion.
>>
>>1970431
So he's NOT the black version of Neville.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.