[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly does wrestling attract weird as fuck fans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: fans.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
fans.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
What about wrestling attracts the mentally ill, the retarded, the fat, and the insane? Like what exactly draws these people to wrestling?

I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. I consider myself normal, lift weights, look good, and I'm pretty much the only wrestling fan I know like this.

I'm like a 7 at best and I shit you not last time I went to a WWE show I was the most attractive fan there by a fucking mile.

Why is this shit like this?
>>
It's always had a "nerdy" stigma.

But OP post a pic anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
On my way to Hell in a Cell, at the train station I get on to go into Boston I see this obviously out of shape guy. No older than 19, wearing a Sasha Banks shirt. His crew was odd looking too. I don't know what it is, but lately it's been attracting more and more fans who seem like disappointments to their parents.
>>
File: 316.png (2MB, 1869x1072px) Image search: [Google]
316.png
2MB, 1869x1072px
>>1960205
>It's always had a "nerdy" stigma.
not always
>>
>>1960237
Exactly. Last time I went I saw three 400 lbers wearing matching New Day shirts. The smell coming off them made me want to throwup. Actually made me gag. I saw like 10 transsexuals too.

I dont get what draws these people in to a program based on fitness, athleticism, and manliness. Just doesnt make sense.
>>
>>1960362
Exactly. Wrestling had a similar fanbase to the NFL in the 90s, now it has a similar fanbase to fucking anime or some shit

what the fuck happened
>>
>>1960430
We went from bodybuilders and athletes to what it is now.
>>
This is why I don't tell anyone I like wrestling. I'm 39 homeowner, awesome job, and kids. I'm in shape and have the typical American life. Every time I go to a wrestling event my self esteem goes way down. I look around at all the huge neckbeards wearing Bayley shirts carrying two kid size belts. I say to myself that I hope people don't classify me with this group.
>>
File: new-day-fans-unicorn-onesie.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
new-day-fans-unicorn-onesie.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>1960430
>what the fuck happened
>>
>>1960430

I was actually thinking a lot about this over the last day or so because I grew up watching Attitude era stuff where wrestling fans were the same people playing sports, spending time socializing, and other normal shit.

Then I look at most of the fans now and see that they are complete autists.

I think we underestimate the impact that UFC has had on taking older/mature fans away from pro-wrestling. People who want to see violent athleticism now just go for the "real" things, when the option of mainstream MMA was not available during the peak of the Attitude era.
>>
>>1960477
I have the opposite effect. I also dont want to be grouped in with wrestling fans, but everytime I go I always feel much better about myself for not being like those people.

I just dont get what draws them there in the first place.
>>
>>1960547
Yea I understand. It just makes me feel depressed when I'm around them. Once I get home and shower off the smell I feel better about myself.
>>
>>1960518
This is something I havent thought of. Made me think about when I was at my first UFC event.

Last time I was at WWE I was the best, most in shape fan there. When I went to UFC I felt like a fucking manlet with all the ripped as fuck gorillabros walking around. There were no hot chicks at WWE, while at UFC there were fucking dime pieces walking around in skimpy club outfits. Non stop drinking in the stands compared to the sterile family like atmosphere at WWE.

It was pretty much what wrestling crowds used to be in the 90s.
>>
>>1960598
Yeah, when I recognized this it felt like a real epiphany, but it is what I think is to be the best explanation of the phenomenon.
>>
>>1960362
>These guys would either be kicked out or given New Day shirts and be told to keep it down pls.
>>
>>1960156
i don't know which is worse now, wrestling fans or anime fans
>>
>>1961588

There's a huge crossover between the two
>>
Autism

Straight up, no memes, no bullshit

And just asking why something so silly attracts weirdo and aspies makes you one of them
>>
because current age wrestling is essentially just real life american anime, it's the same shitty over-dramatized over-the-top character swill that anime is that draws in autists on the other end of the spectrum
>>
When I went to Wrestlemania I saw more retarded kids there than I have at any one place in my entire life
>>
It's the power fantasy thing. It's like reading cape comic books except the plots are even thinner, the characters are even flatter and you're so autistic you need it to be acted out for you by body builders. Then add the history of white trash carnies, the juvenile bimbo diva ogling, the general lowbrow tone and the fact that it's for children and you have prime autism breeding ground. A prime autism breeding ground that is designed to be experienced in a live setting as a social gathering. Imagine if anime was DESIGNED to be experienced through traveling anime conventions run by carnies.
>>
>>1960156
>/asp/ies pretending they're not fat neckbeards themselves
Lel. My fav meme
>>
>>1961588
I said it earlier. Wrestling fans are basically anime fans now. Shit is so odd.

What caused these weaboos to take over a manly sports athletic show?
>>
>>1961687
underrated
>>
>>1961843
it's probably why so many of the divas have unnatural hair colors now
>>
>>1961843
Back before 4chan and the internet wrestling was anime for nerds that didn't know what anime was
>>
>>1960156
Because wrestling is weird as fuck
>>
>>1960430
>now it has a similar fanbase to fucking anime or some shit

I think that would be a compliment at this point. Wrestling fans are more like bronies now. Especially women's wrestling fans.
>>
>>1960598
I hear you there. I went to smackdown recently and sat front row. I was literally the only one around me pounding beers, having a good time booing the heels and cheering the faces. I had a great time but it seemed like everyone else was just there to post on social media. I also had to sit next to Brock lesnar guy and I'm pretty sure he's on suicide watch. Manlets kept coming up to him asking to take pictures and have him on their podcasts.
>>
>>1961990
This. Women's wrestling is the worst and its drawing in betas by the minute.

I miss all the offensive shit and bra and panty matches, and hardcore shit, because it seemed to have kept these weirdos out

The VERY FUCKING SECOND "Give Divas a Chnace" went trending, this type of fan was drawn in.
>>
ITT: fat neckbeard autists who hate on other fat neckbeard autists to fill their insecurity with superiority even though they're still fucking losers in the end

do society a favor and just die, no one will miss you fags
>>
>>1962049
>SEETHING
>>
I was at smackdown last night and this grown man legit shit his pants.
>>
>>1964094
>speaking in 3rd person
>>
>>1962039
>triggered hard
>>
>>1964094
>implying your are a grown man

18+ pants shitter
>>
>go to RAM when they come to Los Angeles
>only guy in my section cheering, booing with any measure of enthusiasm
>guy behind me asks me to sit down after I mark out for Jericho

I ignored the guy but damn, the last time I was at a wrestling show in about 2002 people were getting raucous for damn near every performer. This time it was a bunch of no-energy sweaty neckbeards and bored parents dragged there by their kids.
>>
I have gone to 4 Raws with my girlfriend and I get looked upon as a god every time.
>>
>>1964577
Same shit dude. They treat you like a fucking god if you can get a woman and manage to stay under 170 lbs
>>
File: 2ekIHZo.png (325KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
2ekIHZo.png
325KB, 700x469px
>>1961687

At WM 32, there was a person in line who persistently kept chanting shit like "UCE" and "DIS IS AWSUM" with zero response from the crowd.

It was painful.
>>
>>1965583
I rode on MARTA (train system in atlanta) after a RAW one time and this retard kept trying to get New Day chants going to zero response and absolute disdain from the rest of the train
>>
>>1964577
>I have gone to 4 Raws with my girlfriend and I get looked upon as a god every time.

Rusev is that you?
>>
I started watching mma tentatively because I thought it would just be dumb frat bros screaming for bloodshed and maybe that's one aspect of it but then I got turned on to podcasts where these relatively smart well spoken guys (MEN) talk about the competition aspect of who could fight who and you really don't get that with wrestling all you can do is fantasy book storylines which gets made redundant pretty quickly when they repeatedly fuck up any potential angle that could have been interesting.

The whole cm punk thing was a turning point for me because I remember being a faggot nu male mark trying to persuade my friends that even though he looks scrawny he actually trains mma styles behind the scenes and could probably take care of himself in a fight. Once that bubble burst I found myself only hanging around for the shitposts but there's such a lack of worthwhile content what you end up getting are the same posts about the montreal screwjob and how russo was good but just needed a filter and the more I get into something with real substance like mma the more I realise I wasted a lot of my life on something so dumb, boring and stupid.

Trying to be a smart wwe fan is some kind of defence mechanism to get away from the fact that most fans are autistic nerds and most casual fans that never had any misplaced loyalty to a fake brand of sport realised that a long long time ago and never had to write a thesis on an ecchi trap image forum explaining it. Now I just want the wwe to die so I can finally move on and stop torturing myself with it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.