[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More Wrestling Promotions Drop Joey Styles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: ehwhaddayagonnadojoey_8843.jpg (21KB, 200x294px) Image search: [Google]
ehwhaddayagonnadojoey_8843.jpg
21KB, 200x294px
As noted, former WWE employee and ECW announcer Joey Styles was fired from EVOLVE over the weekend for making a Donald Trump related joke during a broadcast. Beyond Wrestling and CHIKARA have announced that they have also parted ways with Styles.

Beyond Wrestling posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/798250356169961473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/798242001955135488

CHIKARA founder Mike Quackenbush also posted a blog piece noting that the company would not be using Styles any further, as seen below:
>>
>>1958180
> The events of the last few days have been just cause to take a look at the state of professional wrestling. The art form that I love, and have dedicated my entire adult life to, is embarrassingly behind the times. It is beholden to outdated tenets that threaten to render it...obsolete at worst, and a punchline at best.

> I know there are others, influential and celebrated, that imagine pro-wrestling to be a bubble in which the social norms from a bygone era are still relevant and valid. At CHIKARA, we rail against them, and those ideals, with everything we make. It is one thing to speak, to voice an opinion. It is one thing to call for change, to wish for change, to imagine how that change might come about. It is another thing to make it. At CHIKARA, we make it happen. It doesn't matter to us in the least how many people show up to see it, or how many people recognize it for what it is. Our mantra is not about critical acclaim or pats on the back: "We believe pro-wrestling should be fun. That's why we make it for everyone."

> Effective today, we are terminating our relationship with Joey Styles. Effective today, we are instituting a zero tolerance policy for misogynistic, racist, and/or homophobic speech, written or verbal, whether it's directed toward our cast, our crew, or our patrons. This is the shape of CHIKARA.

> To all that craft and shape pro-wrestling, we must fully understand this: the patrons of our art form demand more of us. It is to them - those that empower us to create the larger-than-life spectacle of professional wrestling - that we are beholden. Not to an archaic sub-culture made up of turn-of-the-last-century carny values.
>>
>>1958183
> The time for us to do away with antiquated and insulting vocabulary, like the term "mark," is right now. The time for us to relinquish any last vestige of power we've given to outmoded wrestling rhetoric is right now.

> The time for us to draw a line in the sand, and to say this is where we stand on equality and integration in our art form, is right now.

> The patrons of our amazing art form deserve not just our respect, but our thoughtful presence of mind in 2016 and beyond. We owe nothing to "the business." The people our antecedents called "marks" are not handing us their dollars because they fail to understand what it is we truly make - they support us in spite of it. They come because they know our kind of live entertainment is a viable art form, not some midway hustle. They come for an inclusive experience where they can be bolstered by a passionate community of like-minded fans.

> At CHIKARA, we love pro-wrestling every bit as much as our fans do. We love it so much, we want it to change. Let's take a step toward a world where we need not be subject to any type of hate speech, and that the only violence we witness is of the neatly choreographed variety.

-MQ
>>
How pussified the world has become...
>>
See, I get why EVOLVE had to fire Styles. Styles himself told Gabe to fire him publicly after Gabe told him clearly that don't do anything political at all whatsoever, and Styles just kinda slacked on creating a good promo there. It's less about being PC, and more about keeping politics out of EVOLVE as Gabe said.

But now I am wondering why the other places are dropping Styles. One goof aside, the guy's still an industry veteran and knows how to do his job. If anything he'll have learned from this to always ensure a better planned promo with those he's working with.

How this story went from "a guy did something his boss said not to do" to "muh this isn't PC" is quite ridiculous.
>>
He should just beg for his old job back, TNA won't accept him because JB and Josh Matthews hate him because they got worked into blocking him.
>>
>>1958196
It was the right decision. This kind of attitude mustn't be encouraged.
>>
Trump and his fanboys are massive faggots but the guy doesn't deserve to lose every job he's got because of a joke jesus christ
>>
He should go back to doing infomercials
>>
>>1958203
>But now I am wondering why the other places are dropping Styles.

because CURRENT YEAR GUYS
>>
>>1958187

What a bunch of faggots. No wonder I've never watched Chikara.
>>
>>1958196
But this isn't an example of "the world" it's companies with certain reputations. There are plenty of promotions where they wouldn't give a shit. So he'll get jobs with those places
>>
What did he joke about? This seems like a bit much.
>>
>>1958235
Yadda yadda trump grab you by the pussy
>>
>>1958235
>Evolve promoter says not to mention any political stuff

>Joey Styles makes a remark on grab pussy over a female announcer

>Evolve fires him and get his buds to blacklist Styles from ever commentating any events

Political Correctness has killed America
>>
>>1958209
Mike Quakenbush pls leave
>>
>>1958245
Jesus Christ what a bunch of pussies, Joey Styles showing how based he is once again though.
>>
>>1958248
The North is full of faggots don't be surprised
>>
Wow quackers loves to hear himself speak huh? This is fucking ridiculous. People deserve to make amends for any wrongdoings! Joey is a living legend for fucks sake.
>>
>>1958254

Quack might be the guy in wrestling with the biggest delusions of grandeur, which is saying a lot. For CHIKARA to have been around as long as it has with absolutely no growth and to draw comically small crowds is shameful.
>>
>>1958254
and his fellow cohorts too

I think they will try to fucking tell promoters not to hire him because of his remarks. Joey Styles showed himself the bigger man.
>>
Isn't CHIKARA a family friendly company?

I can understand not wanting one of employes doing this shit even after you ordered the roster not doing it.

ECW died long ago Joey.
>>
>>1958268
ECW never dies my friend that's the bottomline

Nothing has changed except political correctness has take hostage for anyone to speak their voice. Joey Styles is kinda keeping the spirit and glory.

As for Chikara they were going to become the next ECW until Mike soldout the goddamn company to the WWE.
>>
>>1958268
if he followed the same dumb logic he used in the blogpost to justify firing Styles he'd barely have any of his regulars
>>
>>1958256
>For CHIKARA to have been around as long as it has

Its an achievement, and Quanckenbush deserves credit.
>>
>>1958187
>The time for us to do away with antiquated and insulting vocabulary, like the term "mark,"

this is the most retarded part and you guys missed it
>>
>>1958183

>Just fuck me in the ass hard, senpai.
>>
>>1958196
Nah, I actually agree with them. It's not the fact he joked about Trump, but more so that he was specifically told to not make it political in the slightest and that's exactly what he did.
>>
>>1958196
Yes, how dare a company fire an employee for doing something he was told not to?

Bitch about "muh PC boogeyman" some other thread, please.
>>
If you're having a party and you hire a DJ to play music, then you specifically ask him not to play any Kanye West and he goes ahead and plays Kanye West, will you be happy or unhappy with him?
>>
Thank god. He's one of the worst commentators in the history of this sport. Whenever he did his over the tope fake "oh my god" thing, I threw up in my mouth.
>>
File: 1466506064301.png (266KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466506064301.png
266KB, 540x500px
These companies giving in to the SJW meme are going to regret it later by firing a veteran like Styles.

The world is changing, very slowly and very subtlety, but it's attitude will change.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 211x211px
>>1958209
t. Cuck
>>
Based quacker jack working the obese smarks
>>
File: JOEL_GERTNER.jpg (107KB, 364x444px) Image search: [Google]
JOEL_GERTNER.jpg
107KB, 364x444px
WELL WELL WELL

Although Joey Styles won't be commentating because his wife makes him so damn emasculating.

I, the quintessential stud muffing, Joel "Unlike Zack Sabre Jr, I won't be cumming in her sooner. Unlike Jervis Cottonbelly, I'll be knocking these girls silly. Unlike Beyond Wrestling I.....nobody even cares about that company anyway" Gertner will gladly take the mantle.
>>
>>1958544
>smark
That term is highly offensive and antiquated. Delete your post
>>
Quackery really gets off on smelling his own farts doesn't he? I mean don't use the guy anymore, he stepped in it on a broadcast and he's too hot to handle right now, but Jesus you don't have to write some ponderous ass look-at-me tumblr post in the process, it just makes you look like an insecure meme booker and outlaw shitter who wants his white liberal friends to approve of him.
>>
>>1958503
>>1958524

Mike pls leave
>>
Name one company who benefitted from pandering to SJWs.
>>
>>1958606
ratings and money always plummet when they pander to sjw's, but they keep doing it.

They are catering to a loud minority instead of the silent majority
>>
>>1958545
Joel Gertner is the future and will avenge Styles

He's the goddamn savior we need

>>1958509
I wouldn't even care honestly, he will get an extra tip after that.
>>
Joel Styles did nothing wrong
>>
>>1958606
WWE.
>>
>>1958710
You can thank Steph and Linda for ruining the company
>>
>>1958509
Some people at the party might like Kanye, why should I try to subject everyone to my standards?
>>
>>1958797
>being too spineless to confront somebody you're PAYING

betamax
>>
>>1958606
It wasn't SJW pandering, the poor idiot sexually harassed a co-worker openly

You usually get fired for that kind of shit, but I don't know why they're blaming Trump for this, it has nothing to do
>>
>>1958180
>Told specifically not to talk about politics
>Bring up politics
>wonder why you got fired

makes no sense famalam
>>
>>1958899

This. At least in term of Evolve it was simply a matter of not listening to your boss. The Chakara chimpout I don't understand in the slightest. It sounds like the voice of the indies has been blacklisted from the indies
>>
>>1958797
Because it's your party, you're paying him and you specifically asked him not to.
>>
Audio?
>>
>>1959059
>>1958856

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLfKbYL54c

It seems like a straight shoot to me

>>1958901
I'm sure Tommy Dreamer and his ECW alum will give him a good announcing gig soon. This ain't over yet by a long shot.
>>
>>1958856
>it wasn't sjw pandering
>zero tolerance policy for misogynistic, racist, and/or homophobic speech, written or verbal

Pick one tumblr
>>
>>1959073
Tommy would hire him, he doesn't care about politics and he's a republican I think since he supported Rhino for house
>>
>>1959143
I'm sure Dreamer will get involved and would tear Quackenbush and Sapolsky a new asshole when this shit hits the fan.
>>
>>1958644
This.
>>
Now the Evolve promoter made tweets about the Styles backlash and now he deletes them.

Something up and looks like damage control
>>
>>1959073
That's not even political, it was just a pop culture reference and Styles doing his thing like always.

Fuck Sopolsky
>>
>>1958180
RAW commentary when
>>
>>1959309
He said President Elect Donald Trump would say, it's still bullshit to me and stupid. Other Indie promoters pissed at Gabe and Mike too for firing Styles, this might lead issues indies promoters because of PC.
>>
Gabe "Joey Styles grabs more pussy than me" Sopolsky
>>
>>1958232
no one watches Chikara because their main featured stable is a colony of gimmick ants and and they let a female carry their world title.
>>
>>1959343
Gabe "I'm a big ole pussycat" Sopolsky
>>
File: 1465895567415.jpg (298KB, 590x508px) Image search: [Google]
1465895567415.jpg
298KB, 590x508px
>>1958220
YOU CALLING ME FAGGOT?!?
>>
>>1960290
Make Anime Great Again
>>
>>1960312
Yes!
>>
>>1958183
>It is the current year
>ergo our morals are now those that are trending

yeah ok faggots. Glad I wasn't watching these indie manlet orgs anyways and that based japan won't stoop to mewling to these progger scum.
>>
>>1958183
>Not to an archaic sub-culture made up of turn-of-the-last-century carny values.

I cringed at this
>>
doesn't Evolve and Chikara have some kind of friendly working relationship with WWE? are they trying to show how PG they are by firing Styles? Did somebody at WWE have a hand in getting styles fired?

nobody gives a shit about Chikara anyways. they couldv'e put out a simple tweet about Styles not being at the show for whatever reason but instead they saw it as a chance to try and get themselves over.
>>
>>1958187
>> The time for us to do away with antiquated and insulting vocabulary, like the term "mark," is right now.

That nigga's right. We need to ban the M word.
>>
>>1959073
That was pretty good heel commentary. I don't know what's really wrong about this other than the owner getting his panties in a bunch. I guess that's what happens wheb you're a mark for yourself.

Like seriously, you give Joey fucking Styles a live mic and tell him to not do something. What did you think was gonna happen?
>>
>>1960492
yes ban the M world goy
>>
>>1960630
Also that Gabe guy is a huge ECW fan too it's like bullshit from these crazy people very fucking hypocritical of them.
>>
Mike Quakencuck
>>
KEKARA
>>
>>1960821
Mike Cuckenbush and KEKARA are catchier.
>>
Mike Pussybush
>>
>>1960458
>doesn't Evolve and Chikara have some kind of friendly working relationship with WWE?

Well for Chikara and Evolve in partnership with WWE? Beyond Wrestling did it with their relationships with Gabe.

>are they trying to show how PG they are by firing Styles? Did somebody at WWE have a hand in getting styles fired?

It's possible because they hate Styles with a passion now.

>nobody gives a shit about Chikara anyways

What about Evolve and Beyond Wrestling will people stop going there because Styles isn't there anymore? Also the promoters are getting gutted because their decision of firing Styles.
>>
>>1960312
Indeed
>>
Joey is GOD
>>
>>1961779
Styles is god
>>
File: Dawn Marie letter to Styles.jpg (461KB, 1220x1577px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Marie letter to Styles.jpg
461KB, 1220x1577px
Dawn Marie's letter to Joey Styles firing
>>
>>1963249
Based Dawn
>>
Joey Styles should sue Evolve
>>
File: 1478655696408.jpg (52KB, 600x613px) Image search: [Google]
1478655696408.jpg
52KB, 600x613px
>>1963249
Based Dawn calling out the fatasses and pussies.

Anymore sauce on the drama enfolding?
>>
>>1963360
For what?

What do you think he could sue for?

get laid
>>
>>1963249
Fucking love this slut so much

First the GOAT women's feud with Torrie Wilson and now the GOAT numale smark destroying letter
>>
>>1963460
no u git laid, hit weights and git a goddamn clue buddy
>>
>>1958183
>>1958187
>We're the special snowflake promotion
>We don't have the intention of making our product good, just easily accessible to the lowest common denominator, because we think wrestling fans are fucking stupid
>MUH SAW JINNY, RAY CISS, HO MO FO
>pls no bully, this is a safe zone
>we're trailblazers!
>we don't have to respect the business
>we love wrestling, but we also don't like it
Holy shit Chikara is the worst promotion of all time
>>
>>1965342
liberals are so fucking confusing
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.