/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will WWE ever go back to the era of Big Men = Big Money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Will WWE ever go back to the era of Big Men = Big Money?
>>
>>1953733
>t. Hillary Clinton
>>
>>1953733

no because people cry if flippy shits dont get their spotlight.

WWE would be best to actually make titles for every weight division like UFC. But that would make too much sense.
>>
Serious question. Do you think Rock and Austin were huge stars because they were big guys?
>>
>>1953744

They were definitely taken more serious because they were big.

Ask anyone who's scared of or believed in Punk after a pipe bomb. Most older people would tell you he's just a kid with a big mouth.

Ask people that same question about Stone Cold. Most people will tell you, thats not someone you want to mess with.

No one is saying bigger always = better, but in this business its hard to be a hardass tough guy when you weigh 170 pounds. The look is part of the act.
>>
>>1953758
Punk and Austin are both 6'1".
>>
>>1953763
Austin is a jacked 240.

Punk was maybe 205 with a body like a high school pitcher
>>
>>1953763

Austin was nearly 240 jacked.

Punk was barely 200 and skinny fat.

Again, its hard to say you're someone people should be afraid of when you look like a normal every day person with tattoos. Hell he looked better after he trained for UFC.
>>
>>1953744
rock was huge you twat

austin was a football player and had a big build despite his height just like john cena
>>
>>1953758
>its hard to be a hardass tough guy when you weigh 170 pounds
Combat sports are changing the 'size = draw' mindset; e.g. Conor McGregor is 155 pounds, Floyd Mayweather is 151 pounds
In wrestling, the most important part of coming off as a tough guy is how you present yourself to the audience. If you carry yourself with confidence and act like a badass, then that's how fans will perceive you. The same is true if you act like a geek. For example, I think Brian Kendrick who is 5'7" 157 pounds is a hell of a lot cooler than TJ Perkins at 5'10" 175. It's all about how you project yourself to the audience.
>t. professional wrestler
>>
>>1953857
I think the guy's point was that it wasn't height that made the Rock a star. I mean, look at fucking Rocky Maivia, he was a flop. It's when he turned on the Rock persona that he found success; it was his mannerisms, charisma and character work that got him over, not his size.
Same goes for Austin and Cena.
>>
>>1953733
because smaller guys actually know how to wrestle? flippy shit isn't even my favorite style of wrestling but it is a lot more entertaining than two slow as fuck roid guys headlocking each other for 20 minutes, I mean just look at the Roman/Rusev matches, absolute boring shitfests
>>
File: stonecoldmaga.jpg (47KB, 664x373px) Image search: [Google]
stonecoldmaga.jpg
47KB, 664x373px
>>1953733
I miss the attitude era it was super edgy for my 13 year old self first time i ever jacked it was to a bra and panties match with stacy keibler in it.
>>
>OP image: the lowest-drawing WWF Champ of ALL-time

>>1954092
Rusev is great when he's not up against a weakling shitter like Romannetty.
>>
>>1954163
>That Accolade Rusev did to Kalisto.

There's a reason to have small people.
>>
>>1954163
reminder that even cena couldnt get good matches out of rusev
>>
>>1954179
Rusev should've tapped Reigns with that move, it's fucking GOAT.

>>1954180
>even Cena

He only has good matches against guys better than him.
>>
File: WWF Attitude .jpg (10KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
WWF Attitude .jpg
10KB, 300x225px
>>1954094
>Missing the attutide era
>The pic he posts didn't happen on such era

kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.