[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJPW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: wut.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
2MB, 448x252px
ayy /asp/ies, trying to get into NJPW and just wondering which ppv I should watch, what would you guys consider the best ppv of recent years?
>>
>>1953640
Dominion 2015
>>
Invasion 2015
>>
best matches recently?
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
3MB, 300x169px
>>1953652
Katsuyori Shibata v Tomohiro Ishii at Wrestle Kingdom 10 is MOTY imo
>>
>>1953657
isn't tomohiro known for really stiff work?
>>
File: headbutt.gif (2MB, 378x252px) Image search: [Google]
headbutt.gif
2MB, 378x252px
>>1953662
A bit.
>>
>>1953679
that's what I was thinking of, I thought I recognized him.
>>
>>1953679
which match is this?
>>
File: air honma.gif (2MB, 365x244px) Image search: [Google]
air honma.gif
2MB, 365x244px
>>1953684
Tomoaki Honma vs Ishii at Power Struggle. Couldn't find it online so have their match at new beginning instead.
https://vimeo.com/120855452
>>
>>1953701
Both from 2015*
>>
Consider RevPro Global Wars 2016, great matches with English commentary and it's not entirely Japanese style so it's easier to get into
>>
>>1953679
Why is it that sloppy gooks only get over by actually hitting/hurting their opponent?
>>
>>1953735
watching their matches there is nothing sloppy about it at all. I see way more botches in wwe and tna
>>
I'm on the east coast of the US, what time and day is NJPW aired? i need this in my life.
>>
File: raptor.gif (2MB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
raptor.gif
2MB, 240x240px
where we @
>>
>>1953640
Go back
>>
ok /asp/ies so I've been watching njpw all day and I get it now. I get the hype.
>>
>>1954259
Nice to hear, anon.

If you wanna get into more Japanese companies, I'd recommend Dragon Gate, or DDT.

They're both different from NJPW, but they're still great promotions.
>>
>>1953679
Based Ishii having the best year right now.
>>
>>1953652
From what I'm caught up on this year:
Liger vs. KUSHIDA Dontaku
KUSHIDA vs. O'Reilly BOSJ
>>
File: naito omega.webm (2MB, 676x374px) Image search: [Google]
naito omega.webm
2MB, 676x374px
why do they do heel vs heel better than wwe can do face vs heel?
>>
>>1954478
Because unlike WWE, NJPW is competent a writing wrestling.
>>
>>1954601
Unless it's either tag division
Or the junior division
>>
Wrestle Kingdom 9 is a really newbie-friendly PPV.

Especially with the English commentary from Good Ol' J.R.

>>1953735
>Ishii
>sloppy

You fuckin' dumbass.
>>
>>1953643
I remember this show being really good but looking back it's only Shibata vs Sakuraba (10/10), Goto vs Nakamura and Okada vs Styles that stick out. I see Gun'n'Gallows vs The Kingdom on there and can't remember if it was the totally awful match everyone remembers where the cameraman was physically trying to enter Maria's ass
>>
Been doing the same OP, watched Wrestle Kingdom 10 now I'm going through the G1 Climax. Naito and Shibata are fucking amazing. They're my block b boys with sanada being my block a guy.

I was wondering though, who's the fan base for this stuff? There don't seem to be any children in the crowds, just regular Japanese dudes and more women than you'd expect.
>>
>>1954777
oh and I've been skipping all the bad luck fale, toma tonga, and Elgin matches because those guys look lame.
>>
>>1954778
Elgin is fucking great in the G1.

Tonga is pretty solid depending on his opponent.
>>
>>1954778
>skipping based tama tonga
what a pleb.
>>
File: tumblr_oatvo9npv81sj4xr4o1_400.gif (1MB, 320x172px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oatvo9npv81sj4xr4o1_400.gif
1MB, 320x172px
>>1954777
>>1954778
>no children
Fanbase seems to be mainly skewed towards adult men with some women, ranging from young adult to older people. There's usually a handful of kids and foreigners in any given Korakuen audience

Also don't skip Elgin's G1 matches they're great, Tama Tonga is good given the right opponent and not being teamed with his horrendous brother
>>
>>1953652
Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito G1 climax
>>
>>1954778
Elgin/Nakajima on the last day or the day before is genuinely one of the best of the tournament
>>
Honestly while NJPW is cool I wouldn't really say they've been the best promotion of the year, or last year. They're the biggest but their consistency is very shaky compared to something like Dragon Gate or BJW, which seems to always hit the right notes on 99% of their shows. NJPW is like Stardom in that the quality ceiling of their main events is high (although Stardom has fallen off hard this year), but their undercard stuff is really tedious. There's so much chaff on any given NJPW show, and a large part of that is how badly their junior division and tag divisions are booked and how shallow the roster for either is. It's weird that NJPW is shopped as the best Japanese alternative to WWE, because they're so alike in many ways
>>
>>1954773
Also Kushida vs Omega which was MOTN
>>
>>1954612
Well yeah, but other than that, they're competent.
>>
>>1954778
Tama Tonga is solid, but Elgin is a great hoss.

You're right to skip Fale, tho.
>>
>>1954612
to be fair right now their junior division consists of Kushida, Ricochet, Ospreay, Bushi and Kamaitachi all of which can put on decent to great matches but doesn't seem to happen, the recent G.o.D match gave me hope for the heavyweight tag division though
>>
>>1954883
I think the quality of that match has a lot more to do with Ishii and Tacos than GoD - or at least, GoD as a unit. All the best parts were when Tama was in. Tanga Loa also had very little to do with the finish and the finish was hot - it's not a coincidence
Regardless that it's taken this long for two-time tag champions to have a good match is embarrassing
>>
>>1954916
Best Match Ishii does it again.
>>
>>1954918
Mr. Four-Star Minimum can't be stopped
>>
>>1954916
no shit, just more of that hopefully they'll improve and they'll actually have a permanent tag team, it's not like their heavyweight tag division can get any worse
>>
>>1954921
It's really fucking weird that Gedo doesn't care at all about competently booking tag team wrestling considering he's famous for being in an over tag team
>>
OP here, I gotta say I love the pace of Ishii's matches. They are never corny or overdone, they are always these gritty entertaining slugfests that come down to one clothesline. He's like nobody over in North America.
>>
>>1954789
I just watched Omega vs Naito and I was so blown away by the near falls.
>>
>>1954973
Closest example I could think of is Senor Joe?
>>
Ishii is legit one of the best wrestlers on the planet. I don't normally agree with the concept of the "thank you run" with a top title but I'll make an exception in his case
>>
GET READY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7FA5538c7g
>>
>>1954979
He is owed a IWGP Title match from the G1...

And it's not a "Thank-You" run for somebody as based as Best Match Ishii.
>>
>>1954615
Oh no shit I'll totally watch for JR commentary, they must be having a really good year, because I'm just blowing through all the big 2016 matches and they are amazing.
>>
>>1954282
I had a friend recommend DDT, he said it's super funny and entertaining.
>>
>>1953640
Go back
>>
>>1954982
it's pretty amazing how quickly they recovered after losing AJ, Nak, and Ibushi. Feels like they barely missed a step.

Meanwhile Nak is floundering in NXT and AJ is carrying based Smack.
>>
>>1953735

yeah, bud you're the only one here that enjoys the OLD DAY skits.
>>
>>1955541
Literally what
>>
>>1955515
I recommend clorox
>>
>>1954982
Reminder that this Jap buttrock is what Kidani thinks Westerners want
>>
OP here after watching hours of NJPW non stop. So the big names that I've watched so far and really enjoyed have been: Ishii, Okada, Tanahashi, Shinsuke, Kenny Omega, and Naito. They were all stellar and unique. My favorite is Ishii because he's 40 fucking years old, built like a brick shithouse, puts on the most dynamic matches and he headbutts people in the chest.
>>
>>1955531
I wouldn't say he's floundering at all, he's an extremely exciting champ for NXT. He puts on classic after classic, we love him here.
>>
>>1955579
not your fucking blog kys
>>
>>1955592
no you
>>
>>1955579
Watch ishii vs okada from this year's G1
>>
I've only seen WK10 and I'm watching G1 Climax 26 right now and who is that dumb jobber looking faggot who follows based Okada around and does his poses and shit? he is trash
>>
>>1953802
is njpw broke or something? what happened to all the entrances this year? was pathetic
>>
>>1954883
Considering they now have the best junior in the world in their company and Kamaitachi vs KUSHIDA is going to be a MOTY candidate next year I'd say they're in good hands.
>>
>>1954846
Dragon Gate's year has been fucking incredible with almost every show delivering from top to bottom. Shingo is fucking killing it.

I'd also say AJPW's zombie corpse has actually hit a pretty good stride this year.
>>
>>1956137
Gedo, he's also head booker
>>
for all you naito marks he has a new Stadium Jacket up for presale, the all black look is pretty cool but the overabundance of the logos ruins it a bit tbqh, prefer the old one slightly http://shop.njpw.co.jp/iwgp/g/g1348053289/
>>
>>1956162
That's cool as fuck but they don't ship internationally
>>
Quietly enjoying the fact that there are people on /asp/ who like Based Match Ishii.

His absolute hoss-a-thon against Togi Makabe at WK9 is what got me watching NJPW casually.
>>
>>1957878
His best asset is he gets people to wrestle differently. Everyone changes how they work when they go up against him. His matches just feel like hard hitting slug fests where every suplex or strike could possibly be the end.
>>
>>1957890
Agreed, he does the kind of matches I enjoy most, hard hitting solid bumps, with very little interference or other weak storyline bullshit. Has he ever faced Joe anywhere?
>>
>>1953640
Go back
>>
>>1957878
I like his matches with Shibata.
>>
>>1957890
Yeah, he always intercepts people doing their usual shit and forces them to adapt, his G1 match against Okada was a great example of this.
>>
>>1957049
www.whiterabbitexpress.com
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.