[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2262.jpg (88KB, 800x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
88KB, 800x991px
Who had the best rookie year?

Let's go back to the 80s, 90s, and last 16 years.
Hell, go back further if you have the knowledge.
For me, it's one man.
Brock Lesnar.

Started the night after WM debut, in April 2002 after WMX8.Went on to dominate the hardys, win King Of The Ring in monster fashion, would then beat The Rock at SummerSlam to become the youngest WWE champion in history (til RKO).

Turned face, and was still massively over with the audience, but went on to lose the championship to big show at Survior Series.

Yet won the Royal Rumble just a few months later, and would start a program with Kurt Angle for WM19.
That match is arguably in the top 5 for WWE main events all time.

Which ends his FIRST 365 days on WWE main roster.

I ask you, has anyone else ever had a better Rookie year?
>>
The only other people that come to mind are Angle and Goldberg. But it's hard to beat Lesnar.

The only thing about Lesnar is that he did wrestle under whatever promotion Cornette was running.
>>
File: wwe-rumors-alberto-del-rio1.jpg (46KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-rumors-alberto-del-rio1.jpg
46KB, 940x545px
Alberto Del Rio has to be in consideration. He won the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank, as well as the WWE Championship all within his first year in the WWE. In fact, I'd say if he was successful in winning the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania against Edge, he would have to be the undisputed top pick.
>>
>>1951005
Shame about his face lol 7/10
>>
>>1951015
Very true, Can you believe that roster class in OVW when Lesnar n co. we're down there. Unreal in terms of looks and talent.
>>
>>1951005
wtf is this pic real? looks like a literal monkey
>>
>>1951050
he would never have made it back in the 90's
>>
If you're going for quality, Lesnar.
In terms of pure success and getting over, Goldberg without a doubt.
>>
>>1951015
I'd give it to Angle or Goldberg, Brock got the biggest push but he wasn't as over as the other 2
>>
>>1951005
Kurt Angle.

Went undefeated for the first six months, and won every single active title - besides Women's and Lightheavyweight - at the time.
>>
>>1951050
Too much too soon. If someone is just winning everything all the time, wheres the excitement in that

He beat SSJ4 Cena with a fucking kick on his return as well, and a month later you could hear a mouse fart during his entrance.
>>
>>1951005
Kurt Angle. Lesnar's push felt more artificial. He just got shot straight into the main event picture instead of working his way up like Kurt did.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.