[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did WWE take away his gimmick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: El-Generico_crop_north.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
El-Generico_crop_north.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
Why did WWE take away his gimmick?
>>
>>1944164
It's shit
>>
>>1944164
They fell for the >WWE made gimmicks are better
Meme.
>>
because noone gives a shit about masked wrestlers, with the exception of rey mysterio

ultimo dragon, sin cara, etc have all been massive flops.
>>
>>1944221
Kane?
>>
>>1944221
Hurricane Helms?
>>
>>1944234
Sunglasses > Mask
>>
>>1944164
He'll be back. In a couple years when they do a "loser gets fired" match between him and Owens, he'll come back as the greatest, most generic luchador known to man. WWE loves money, and they can make big money on Generico masks.

As much as I want to see them face each other, it would be special to see Generico and Owens team up to kick ass together just once. They'll never be able to do their Package Piledriver to Brainbuster combo though.
>>
>>1944164
WWE loves to be the ones in control and own the rights to most of their characters.
>>
>>1944221
Mr. America?
>>
>>1944221
mankind?
>>
File: IMG_3729.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3729.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>1944229
>>
>>1944221
Correction, no one gives a shit about masked wrestlers because WWE is shit about booking and pushing them. That Mysterio got what he did and wasn't a complete flop was absolutely shocking.
>>
>>1944164
Because it was actually funny and played with crowd perception and WWE doesn't see anything that does this as a draw or deserving of a push so they just axed it from the get-go.
>>
>>1944164
because it had lowcard jobber written all over it
>>
>>1944164

>the gimmick is a generic wrestler

They literally kept the same gimmick
>>
>>1944221
Golga?
>>
>>1944221
Jushin thunder Liger
>>
>>1944356

This. I loved Generico on the indies but he's better off without the mask in WWE. I know everyone likes to think Cornette's an out of touch dick, but he told Sami this years ago.
>>
>>1944221

I would mark out hard as fuck if SU PER DRA GON came to the WWE desu
>>
>>1944221
Pentagon Jr
>>
>>1944221
Tiger Mask?
>>
>>1944479
Which one
>>
>>1944437
He is shit though and got over by working stiff and doing crazy piledriver variants which he only got away with doing by being the boss of his promotion

Stop being a meme spouting sperge
>>
>>1944164
Maybe Sami wanted to keep his options open and be able to return to being Generico if/when things don't pan out in the WWE.
>>
>>1944485
I, II, IV or W
>>
>>1944164
dude love did it, so can el generico
>>
>>1944221
Ultimo Dragon had a short stint on WWE because he wants it until WM only not because he flopped
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.