[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Without a doubt the single most overrated guy in the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Andre-The-Giant.jpg (29KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Andre-The-Giant.jpg
29KB, 630x420px
Without a doubt the single most overrated guy in the history of the biz.
>>
>>1940771
That isn't Hogan
>>
That isn't Romanetty
>>
>>1940778
t. The Texas Rattlesnake
>>
>>1940771
That's not Daniel Bryan
>>
>>1940771
This guy was selling out venues when guys were taking your grandma to drive-ins for blowjobs
>>
>>1940780
It's not because THE BIG DOG isn't :^)
>>
>>1940790

He was a freakshow. Nobody can say he didn't draw, but let's not put the guy on a pedestal as one of the greatest big men of all time. Nobody went to see Andre because they were expecting a good match, they went to see Andre so they can gawk at a fucking carnie sideshow exhibit.

He was stiff, slow, unathletic, weak, had an awful look, awful technician, dogshit promo, literally the single redeeming factor was his size.

His veneration in the biz is unwarranted.
>>
>>1940816
imagine needing to hit the weights and get a clue this bad
>>
>>1940771
Andre is probably the only guy who ever got over based on size alone but that was back in the day when wrestling was more like a circus as opposed to athletic competition or 'sports entertainment'.
>>
>>1940816
The guy was probably the biggest wrestler ever. No one tries to make him out to be a technical whiz, no one cares about that and no one watched his matches for his wrestling, they just wanted to see a giant manhandle body-builders like children. Andre didn't need to cut a promo, he was the first (and best) of his kind. How many wrestlers are their close to his size? Kahli and Big Show, Kahli was garbage and Big Show spent half his career ripping off Andre. Yea Big Show was a better wrestler but Andre never jobbed like Big Show, and he never cried like a bitch in his promos either
>>
>>1940816
>Nobody went to see Andre because they were expecting a good match

He was pretty damn good in the 70s.

50+
>>
File: oi_mai_name_if_becky.png (33KB, 623x431px) Image search: [Google]
oi_mai_name_if_becky.png
33KB, 623x431px
>>1940771
No. This is
>>
>>1940816
He was doing dropkicks when he was younger.
>>
>>1940780
Roman's not over-rated. He gets shit on a ton, that doesn't even make sense.
Andre is lauded as a great when he was just a mongoloid attraction when monogloids drew.
>>
>>1940771
>yuge
>legit scary face
>pretty athletic when he was younger
>has beer drinking records
>>
File: UW.jpg (52KB, 624x388px) Image search: [Google]
UW.jpg
52KB, 624x388px
This piece of shit.

Everyone can eat a bag of steroids every morning and scream random shit to the microphone, thats all he did because his matches were dogshit.

Literally 0 talent.

The people who thought about the gimmick,facepaint etc. should get 90% of what this faggot was paid.
>>
>>1941062
Seriously? Every thread.

Hogan and Moolah are probably the most overrated.
>>
>>1941845
His promos were intense as fuck tho.
>>
>>1941847
>SEETHING
>>
>>1941062
this based anon

>>1941847
Ethan seething
>>
>>1941847
>Hogan
>overrated

Basically made this business big single handedly in 80s, could draw dimes, so I guess he DID something right, RIGHT?
>>
>>1941847
>the literal GOAT overrated
state of becketty faggots
>>
Andre was having some serious health problem during Hulkamania but he was pretty agile in his earlier years.

Arguably the best big man of his era.
>>
File: 1478424313511.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478424313511.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>1941865
>>1941870

Literally all luck and good timing . Watching Hogan and then watching Cena, i have no fucking clue why Cena cant draw the same numbers. It isn't because talent, cause Cena is waay better, It isn't about look, cause also Cena isn't a balding fuck(only a bit) with a moustache, like it dosn't make sense.

Its all about the bookers and vince and it will always be.
>>
>>1941906
It's because wrestling's not as popular as it was back then, plain and simple.
Also, Daddy Vegito is a draw. Gogetacucks on suicide watch.
>>
>>1941915
Still people will claim what a GOAT Hogan is because he could draw more.

But what can Cena,Bryan(r.i.p),Reigns,Ambrose or Styles do to match him?

They are all better than him so they literally can't do shit
>>
>all these outlaw nerds thinking based big man Andre is overrated.

There is more to wrestling than move choreography. There's look and charisma. Some of the top draws of all time weren't even good in the ring. Goldberg, HH, and Andre. If we're talking most overrated wrestler of all time it's Benoit.

Shit look. Boring personality. Couldn't cut a promo to save his life. Literally killed his family and took non of style of wrestling with him. And everyone just talks about "oh man, he sure not hurt his opponent when wrestling".
He is one guy that you can say for certain. Wrestling and the world would be much better off if he chose a different career path.
>>
>>1941988
>There's look and charisma

Big show looks better and has more charisma. Where are his dimes
>>
>>1941999
>net worth
>20 million

There they are. But Big Show was very over in his WCW and early WWE days. Definitely a draw. His feud with the rock was great.
>>
>>1941906
You can't call it luck when Hogan started not one, but two wrestling booms in completely different eras
>>
>>1942059
I can because there are all around more talented wrestlers who didn't.
>>
>>1941906
Hogan was 6 inches taller, had a better look, and was better on the mic than Cena. Cena isn't like a cool wrestler guy, he's just a dude in jorts that's good at wrestling. Totally kills the mystique, they should have given him tights and made him grow his hair.
>>
>>1942063
If they were more talented, they would have done it (see: Steve Austin)

The fact that he reinvented himself the way he did in the 90s completely destroys any "good timing" argument. Hogan drew money for 25 years up to 2005 where the buyrate for Summerslam that year went up 235k from the previous year with him on the card and as the main angle. You don't get lucky for 25 years
>>
>>1940865
>look, a legit discussion, let's just spout maymays xDDDD
>>
>>1942073
Not him, but that's not just a maymay. It's a reference to his lack of understanding of the importance of look and billing.

Happy to have helped.
>>
>>1941988
You can't fucking compare Andre and Benoit, they have nothing in common with eachother outside of being wrestlers. People never got Benoit to their territory to cut a compelling promo and they didn't bring Andre in to put on a good match with great athelitcs. They were both good at what they did.

Also there is a reason Andre skipped around in territories as much as he did. people got bored of him really quickly but he was great and sold out arenas when he only came a few times a year
>>
>>1941999
It's not fair to compare Big Show to Andre because of how different their eras and booking were. Andre was treated like a huge deal, a special attraction in an age where wrestlers weren't so overexposed.

Big Show has been on TV for 21 years, loses clean all the time, gets knocked off his feet all the time. Nobody fucking blinks when he gets slammed or lifted because it's happened so many times going back to early in his run. Show is one of the worst booked, most misused guys WWE has ever had.
>>
>>1940771

Andre the Giant never even existed.
>>
>>1942116
tell me more
>>
>>1942157
>>1942116
PLEASE
I MUST KNOW MORE
>>
>>1941057
>He was pretty damn good in the 70s.

This.

By the time Vince started the WWF, Andre was just too old. Due to his size, his body started to fail him much earlier in his life than a regular sized man. His legs, more specifically his knees, were pretty much shot by the time WM 3 happened.

Look at some of his matches from the 70's and even 60's.
>>
File: 1382338134316.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
1382338134316.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>1940771

Doesn't matter; along with Hogan, Andre is an icon of wrestling.

I like muh indie manlets (kinda', I guess), but you can be the best technical wrestler in the world and you'll never be a household name. It's a whole other tier that only maybe a half-dozen wrestlers have achieved, mostly from that era.

>Hogan
>Andre
>Macho Man
>Warrior (for his appearance; people usually just do Macho Man impressions while dressed as Warrior)
>Undertaker
>Hitman (see: Warrior; it's purely his appearance and name, people know less about Hart than Warrior)
>Austin
>Rock.
Probably Cena nowadays too, and maybe - MAYBE - Ric Flair. Oh, and of course, everyone knows to imitate J.R. and his "BAH GAWD".

BOOM. That's pretty much it. Those are the socially-acceptable, household-name wrestlers. Those are the wrestlers that you can travel anywhere in the world and people know. No, you fat triple-chinned smarks, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk may be renowned wrestlers, but nobody fucking knows them outside of wrestling. Stop saying "B-b-b-but HBK is a household name!" If you think that, you're deluding yourself, 18+, get a job and travel. So many times some fuckin' bozo goes "Sami Zayn is a household name" and it's like, are you a fucking retard?

Again, I've watched on-and-off for 20+ years and I'm not even a big fan of the Attitude Era I guess, but it's undeniably the peak of mainstream wrestling popularity.

The cold, hard truth is that 80% of the planet still refers to WWE as "WWF" and that wrestling hasn't been relevant since Stone Cold was still around. Seth or Finn or Bryan or Shinsuke or who-fucking-ever might go down as one of the best of the best, but they are not household names or icons.

But Andre the motherfuckin' Giant is. Also thanks to OBEY and The Princess Bride, at least his name is remembered by the general public nearly 25 years after he's died. That's more than pretty much anybody in the WWE today will get.
>>
Every big guy is overrated.
Giants have one thing going for them, size.
Yes they are huge and dangerous but that's it.
Andre was great if you ask me, before he was really mainstream he would jump off the top rope and run around a lot more.
>>
>>1940771
why does this literally who have the Bret Hart belt?
>>
>>1941858
coke
>>
Just another big retard that rode Hogan's coattails
>>
>>1940816
>awful look

Are you retarded or something? The "giant" look is always a top tier look. Giants are always hired in wrestling simply because their massive size gives them a look that no other wrestler can ever hope to have.

Same goes for Khali. You can shit on him all you want but to say he had a shit look would be stupid as fuck because for giant wrestlers size=looks
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.