[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Nash breaking Goldberg's streak a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: CtmcqIUUsAAEKOa.jpg (46KB, 703x532px) Image search: [Google]
CtmcqIUUsAAEKOa.jpg
46KB, 703x532px
Was Nash breaking Goldberg's streak a mistake?
>>
>>1933315
yes
>>
It sucked and Nash will always try to justify it with his shitty plan of how it would of worked. Didn't work, wcw was dead after that
>>
>>1933315
no. what came immediately after was.
>>
yes

it should have been alex wright
>>
>WCW and WWF are tied up for the MNW
>Nash defeats Goldberg at Starrcade
>night after that, fingerpoke of doom, Foley wins the title, Schiavone sends viewers to WWF, WWF wins the night and starts dominating ratings

Yes.
>>
As much as I love Big Daddy Cool, yes it was.

However it wasn't as tragic as WWE's mismanagement of Goldberg once he crossed over.
>>
>>1933371
based trips salting the grave of wcw over and over
>>
No. The wolfpac was over. Fucking up the wolfpac wolfpac was the mistake
>>
>>1933316
>>1933318
>>1933332
>>1933371
if it was a mistake why was there a huge pop when he hit the powerbomb and pinned him?

not trying to meme, want to know if it was because nash was over or goldberg was finished
>>
People stopped believing in Goldberg when he injured himself by punching a real window instead of a worked one like a fucking retard
>>
>>1933315
No, people were getting sick of (((Goldberg))), and the streak had to end eventually
>>
>>1933371
>However it wasn't as tragic as WWE's mismanagement of Goldberg once he crossed over.
why?

Goldberg had signed a 1 year contract and had zero intentions to do more. He just did it ''for the kids''.

He got a world title run out of it, which is a lot for someone with a 1 year contract.
>>
>>1933383
>No. The wolfpac was over. Fucking up the wolfpac wolfpac was the mistake

This is actually how I imagine nWoWolfcuck speaks in real life.

>Can I get a wolfpac pack of smokes, wolfpac? Do you have wolfpac change for a wolfpac bill?
>>
>>1933371
Go to bed Kevin.
>>
>>1933455
18+
>>
>>1933455

you should be embarrassed for making a post like this desu
>>
>>1933384
If James Ellsworth beat AJ for the WWE Title a few weeks back there would have been a huge pop, and then the company would die. Same thing.
>>
File: 45327.jpg (19KB, 276x421px) Image search: [Google]
45327.jpg
19KB, 276x421px
It should have been DDP and anyone that was there for the era knows it.

He was a pure WCW made talent, he was over as fuck completely on his own with no gimmicky NWO or streak or Sting in the rafters push. DDP was the "people's champ" and he made it because of DDP and not because of backstage politicking or writers.
>>
Steiner should have been the one to break the streak, would have cemented him as the GOAT heel.
>>
>>1933632
Then he got buried by undercarder
>>
>>1933315
Yes. He shouldn't have ever lost. Once they started counting he needed to be undefeated forever.
>b-b-but people will accept it because da stun gun xD xD t. Kevin Nash
No. He's your star attraction. You ride him until he retires.
>>
>>1933443
But do you think Nash specifically was the right guy to do it? and if so, why?
>>
>>1933455
I kekd
>>
>>1933632
Everyone agrees this was Goldbergs best match, DDP should have been the one, if it was ever to be broken.. Think of the premise of the Undertaker Vs Goldberg streak vs streak at a WM for Goldbergs final match
>>
>>1933632
The Jackhammer into the Diamond Cutter should've been the finish.
>>
>>1933384
There was a huge pop when Hogan pinned Yokozuna at WrestleMania 9 but that doesn't mean it wasn't completely fucking idiotic.

>>1933632
Aside from DDP other worthy candidates were Giant & Big Poppa Pump.
>>
>>1933455
lol I bet you're right
>>
>>1933632

I agree. But no. Remember that goldberg was/is complete dog shit in the ring. It would have been great for it to end on amazing match, but that would never happen.

>>1933771

Nash is an idiot sometimes. The stungun was such a shitty premise because it opens the door to other "non" wrestling weapons. Why didn't they just shoot goldberg in that case.
>>
>all that revisionism

Watch the match again. Goldberg was stale as shit and the crowd went apeshit when Nash pinned him.
>>
>>1934920
Read a thread before posting.
>>
>>1933315
Goldberg should have stayed undefeated for as long as possible. Basically until they started to boo him all the time. His streak was a big part of WCW success. Goldberg's success even carried into WWE where many fans were hoping WWE would book him just as strong if not even stronger than he was then. Of course WWE ruined it in probably an even worse way.
>>
>>1933384
>something huge happens that is unexpected
>huge pop occurs

This almost always happens. The only time it might not have was when Taker lost the streak and that is because of how huge of a shock it was at first to the fans. They chanted bullshit after a bit though.
>>
I used to watch wcw devotedly at that time. Yes, Nash ending the streak was the right decision. The stun gun part was silly, but the ending was the right one. The next night and going back to the "NWO destroys everything and everyone without ever getting their commeupance" was what killed WCW
>>
>>1933315
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>1933315
Both no, and yes. Not with a fucking taser, in no way was this a legitimate good idea. Goldberg should have lost, maybe at that time, in a match that still made him look strong. Strong enough to then be on the NWO members for like 2 months before a PPV where he then would win or lose whatever.

but instead, Nash let Hogan pin him and everyone knew WCW died with another Hogan reign.
>>
>>1935170
This is simply not true at all. Wolfpacktv guy proved that the finger poke of doom did not kill WCW like WWE loves to claim.

The thing that hurt WCW was the most was the overpaid roster, the lawlessness of it and Vince Russo. Fix those three things and they would still be around today. A more competent leader would have fixed just about everything. Bitchoff could have been second fiddle after like 98 instead.
>>
>>1935192

>wolfcucktv

But I surprisingly agree with """him""" The finger poke of doom made sense in kayfabe. nwo were heels, hogan was the leader. It was the thunderdoom of the wcw that killed it.
>>
>>1933455
kek
>>
>mfw underage kids will never know why the finger poke of doom happened and why it ultimately failed

Feels good. Not a coincidence that the wwe network revisionist history monday night wars program never mentions it too. It is always hilarious to see the underage kids expose themselves and parrot word for word wwes revisionist history
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.