[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sophisticated angles/storylines in wrestling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 17535.jpg (32KB, 355x343px) Image search: [Google]
17535.jpg
32KB, 355x343px
Are there any at all?

I personally liked the long-term planning and layout of Batista's push achieved through EVOLUTION during the Ruthless aggression era. That was very well done. Other than that, can't think of any. Can you anons?
>>
The year long build for Sting vs nWo/Hogan is the GOAT storyline for me, just the payoff was shit
>>
Lucha Underground just made a callback to an angle they started almost 2 years ago, if that counts.
>>
Are there any good ones from the ROH era where Punk, Samoa Joe, Steen, El generrico wrestled in the company? That period is regarded highly by wrestling fans.
>>
>>1931484
Punk signing his WWE developmental contract ON the ROH World Title was GOAT.

And of course Steen vs. Generico was amazing.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
This angle didn't last as long as some of the ones on here, but it is the best storyline of 2016, bar none.
>>
>>1931466
Sting vs nWo
Bret vs Austin
Shawn vs Taker
Taker vs Kane
>>
>>1931705
>Bret vs Austin

This is a really great pick.
>>
Punk vs Hardy
Jericho vs Mysterio
Kidman vs London
Miz vs Morrison Janetty angle
Taker vs Michaels 2
>>
>>1931705

The Taker/Kane program starting at the HIAC and culminating at wrestlemania is still one of my favorites to this day.
>>
Sami Zayn finally winning the NXT championship
>>
>>1931843
Easily the best angle in a WWE ring of this decade.
>>
>>1931466
Really?

To me at the time it was just the same shit orton did but now with batista
>>
>>1931843
didn't draw a dime
>>
>>1931856
Show your working.
>>
Orton/Taker in 05 was pretty great in my memory. Taker's return at Survivor Series along with Orton's reaction is one of my favorite moments from that era.
>>
kane and taker
>>
>>1931475
Puma vs Mil is the GOAT feud
>>
Daniel Bryan's whole story leading to wrestlemania 30
>>
>>1931466
fucking loved this story line.
>When triple h could have saved bautista from being eliminated from the elimination chamber but he just sits down in the corner and watches him get pinned
>>
>>1931846
Of course it's the same, it was just redone with someone who was actually interesting
>>
>>1931472
This.
The slow burn was real from fall brawl 96- to starcade 97.
That's a 15 month build.
>>
>>1931472
THIS
Genius stuff from Bischoff
>>
>>1931905
I was referring to Mundo keeping the $100,000.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.