[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever work a show, not necessarily as talent but maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: blog4-1024x682-1404992559.jpg (153KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
blog4-1024x682-1404992559.jpg
153KB, 1024x682px
Anybody ever work a show, not necessarily as talent but maybe support staff - security, wardrobe, whatever.

A buddy of mine worked for a catering company that once handled a RAW in our city about a year ago, he's not really a big wrestling fan but he said backstage was a very strange atmosphere. He said it's weird to see how all these guys that are larger than life on stage are just regular people doing their job.
>>
>>1930259
Yeah autists have a hard time differentiating between fantasy and reality
>>
>>1930259
I was working security at our arena for a WWE show about 5 years ago and I was shocked how small (almost) everyone was. I hadn't watched wrestling since I was a kid and I imagined everyone to be 6'8" tall and ripped. Almost everyone was normal sized and didn't even look roidstrong.
>>
>>1930259
A friend once helped an an arena in Chicago for a PPV
He said most of the backstage staff were professional, if not hectically hurried all the time.
He got to see Cena from afar. Apparently Cena is really buff in person, a lot more than he looks on TV.
This was back in like 2009 though
>>
bump for interest
>>
Kenny Dykstra and Mickie James wanted me to get them weed at a bar after a live event in 06
>>
File: 1436815483896.jpg (78KB, 550x617px) Image search: [Google]
1436815483896.jpg
78KB, 550x617px
>>1930905
More details plz.
>>
I'm one of the jobbers who faced Nia Jax earlier this year.

Most people are chill, but you have to realize this is a work environment for them, not entertainment.

Arn Anderson was amazingly cool - he brought a crockpot full of pulled pork and ate it during the show. After my match he offered me some and said his wife cooked it. When I left after the show he was packing it up in Tupperware containers for a bunch of the guys and girls to take to their hotel rooms.
>>
>>1931232
Arn is awesome, my favourite wrestler of all time and this story makes me love him even more.

I guess there's a lot of waiting around backstage during an event - do they really not tell anyone what they are doing that night until they get there??
>>
I worked myself into a shoot and got called a mark by batista once
>>
>>1931232
>implying superstars stay back stage the rest of the show after their matches

18+ they leave to get ready for the next plane to the next city WWE is going
>>
>>1931271

According to Jerigoat most stay to watch the main events or wait for other since they travel together

18+ to you
>>
>Cena
>Hogan

>"Regular people"

Get over yourself.

'Regular people' also have sex from time to time, so what does that make you?
>>
>>1931280
At least he's not a pathetic tripfag
>>
File: a28.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
>>1931232
>there are girls on /asp/
>>
>>1931993
>Nope just a nu-male in drag.
>>
File: brittbaker.webm (638KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
brittbaker.webm
638KB, 500x257px
>>1931232
Britt Baker, is that you? That explains the Journey of Britt baker threads here
>>
>>1930340
>you JUST know wrestling is dead when security is more beefier and looks more of a wrestler than the ones on the ring

(lol
>>
>>1930340
back in the day there were real men like goldberg who walked out with an entire security detail and everyone still felt puny compared to him.

times have changed.
>>
File: 98bc1d3d23arielmonroe[1].jpg (29KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
98bc1d3d23arielmonroe[1].jpg
29KB, 600x685px
>>1931993
>>1932031
>>1932068
>pulled pork
>>
>>1931232
>I'm one of the jobbers who faced Nia Jax earlier this year.

prove it
>>
>>1934313
More of this
>>
>>1931232
No wrestler under 30 would ever call themselves a jobber. That sort of language is outdated and lame sounding to the new generation. Jobber is a fan made up word. The original saying is "doing the job".

And very, very few would have every called themselves such anyway. It has become a kayfabe term (J.O.B. squad, etc).

so I'm saying you're full of shit
>>
>>1934402
No poster over 18 would say this
>>
>>1934419
Find a clip of a wrestler under 30 saying jobber in a shoot interview. I bet you can't.
>>
>>1934402
Oh shut the fuck up
>>
>>1934425
Zack Ryder used "jobber" all the time on Z!TLIS.
>>
>>1934453
Kayfabe
>>
>>1934459
Do I really have to look for shoot interviews with extremely narrow criteria in a vain attempt to convince you that a notion of your own invention is bullshit?

Can't you just say "nuh-uh" right now and save time for all of us?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.