[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will there ever be another wrestler as over as he was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: rocky.png (209KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.png
209KB, 424x318px
>>
Never ever
>>
>>1928620
Roman rein dog is more over in India
>>
He was over for a year and half at best. By late 01 he was getting booed off in favour of chumps like Christian, Angle and Jericho. By 02 he was so booed out he had to turn heel.
>>
Does Bryan come close?
>>
>>1928620
No Way Jose will be the next Rock
>>
>>1928630
>being a revisionist history retard

listen to this pop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaxoyALktF8
>>
>>1928673
bryan was never and will never be a movie star
>>
>>1928703
What's that got to do with how over he was as a wrestler?
>>
>>1928703
What about Cena?
>>
The bald white redneck who beat his wife was repeatedly more over than him on a nightly basis. And still is.
>>
I wanna see heel Rock come back.
>>
File: 1471973761347.gif (4MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471973761347.gif
4MB, 200x150px
Rock was not even the most over guy in his era
>>
>>1928736
>you are now remembering the Bryan/Rock match teased on RAW 1000

Hollywood Rock vs. YES! Movement Bryan would've been

GOAT
>>
>>1928620
Literally no. He was an over as fuck top draw for 4 YEARS and no one will ever top that. This came off the back of 2 years being a to tier mid card
>>
>>1929116
poo in the loo
>>
>>1928736
He was a heel last time he was on Raw, all he did was walk though the back being a prick to everyone he came across, then some in ring segment being a prick.
>>
>>1928620
The Rock never surpassed Stone Cold. Or Hulk.

He's a Solid #3 though. That's not a bad spot.

Hulk is the ultimate universally recognized wrestler. Steve Austin filled that role from 99-02.

The Rock had enough charisma to make a career outside of the carny shit banking off of his stuff with Austin and having a natural charisma that lended himself to Hollywood.
>>
>>1928830
If Rocky got in shape, yes. If not it would've been another stinker like his matches with Punk and Cena.
>>
The Rock isn't just the most over wrestler ever, he's the most over human being in real life.
>>
>>1929175
Dis
>>
>>1929143
Who's #4? >inb4 Cena
>>
>>1928725

>Rock walks to the ring to raise his cousin's hand after a hard fought Royal Rumble win
>Gets booed
>Austin screws Rock out of the title, sides with the most hated two heels in the company, beats a woman almost to death with a chair
>Gets cheered
>>
>>1928630
>Christianfags still trying to revise history
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>1929211

I'd probably argue for peak Savage or Andre in terms of being recognisable to the public. Savage had the Slim Jim thing and Andre had the Princess Bride. Maybe Taker because he's been around so long.
>>
>>1929219
Piper as well, he had a decent film career and the stuff with Cyndi Lauper was so big at its time.
>>
File: manly tears.jpg (40KB, 447x599px) Image search: [Google]
manly tears.jpg
40KB, 447x599px
>>1929222

Shit yeah, he's a good shout.

>That fucking stacked 80s roster
>>
>>1929225
It was pretty much a best-of territories.

>you are now realising that /wwe/ of the 80s would shit on Savage for being an outlaw manlet
>>
>>1929130
18+

Rock has always been like that

By that logic Stone Cold was a heel too
>>
>>1928620
Shinsuke Nakamura and Bayley are both more over than the Rock ever was.
>>
>>1929416
18+
>>
File: smh.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>1929416
Have sex
>>
>>1929416
that makes me feel sick
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.