[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 21

I don't think there's any martial arts thread so here you go.

Kinda unrelated question, but why is there a thousand wrestling threads on the board? Why not create a specific board for wrestling at this point?
>>
>>1923729
>Kinda unrelated question, but why is there a thousand wrestling threads on the board? Why not create a specific board for wrestling at this point?
Because this is the wrestling board. Why do you keep shit posting by making non-wrestling threads on here?
>>
>>1923830
I don't know, it just seemed to me that wrestling is so popular it should have its own board, no offense.
But that's not like martial arts have never been here either right? Or did I missed something, not been wandering around here for a while.
>>
File: Lil-Wayne-ESPN.jpg (36KB, 650x461px) Image search: [Google]
Lil-Wayne-ESPN.jpg
36KB, 650x461px
>>1923883
>karate queers mad that man drama cucked them out of their own board
>>
>>1924171
I don't know mate, I'm not even mad, I just found that incredibly weird how it seems to work nowadays. There's a ton of interesting martial arts discussions to have, I don't see why one should chase the other out of the board.

Also wrestling is pretty gay.
>>
>>1923729
because the dumb gook doesnt give a shit about this site so he just dumped it here because lol
>>
>>1924227
>thinks fake man on man contact is gay
>prefers real man on man contact
>wonders why everybody calls them karate queers
>>
>>1923729
Well 4chan is already having money problems keeping servers up so expanding and making a individual wrestling board wouldn't be wise right now
>>
>>1924391
>he fell for the money problems meme
LMAO
>>
Great thread OP
>>
Guys, why do I fucking suck so bad...
Ive been training BJJ on and off for about a year and a half and people who have been going for like 3-4 months who are much smaller and weaker than me can tap me with ease.
WHY IS MY BRAIN NOT LEARNING AND RETAINING ANY TECHNIQUES I'm honestly considering quitting and starting muay thai or something fuck this shit
>>
>>1923729
Op, it's because wrestling fans are fags.
>>
>>1924171
bruh the guy you're replying to doesn't sound mad at all
>>
>>1924551
>LMAO
kek
>>
>sparringpartners who always catch your leg only because you dont kick full power
>>
>>1923729
They had their own board.
/asp/ was full of skateboarding, skating, bmx, karate, judo, kung fu, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding but it was slow as fuck, so they dumped /wwe/ here and there we are.
Only /esg/ is still floating
>>
>Guys, why do I fucking suck so bad...
Ive been training BJJ on and off for about a year and a half

Oh, boo-ooh.
Stop caring so much about your level and the results. You only have to beat yourself, have fun and be into every moment.
Also different people, different learning curves.
>>
>>1926356
You don't need to kick full power. Just kick and get back faster. Use it more like a "jab" than a push if that makes sense. No need to go full force to be effective.
Also there were two techniques I've seen on vids not to be catched but I don't remember where and my english is too poor too explain...one of them was something like strike at a bit of an angle instead of having the feet straight vertical, and it makes it harder to catch.
>>
>>1926705
/po/ is really fucking slow too but did they dump weebs into it? That's retard logic anon.
>>
>>1927034
It's some serious bullshit man. Pro-wrestling takes up the entire board and all other good threads about martial arts etc are lost. This wasn't a problem before the Reddit fags. Pro wrestling used to be one or two threads. Somebody beat up carter.

>>1927021
Are kicks even efficient as an attack option in sparring? In an actual fight I could see a kick as effective, but it seems like good jabs and locks are golden in sparring.
>>
>>1927454
Generally they're only good in a fight at either the beginning or the end, when there's either distance to safely throw it or the other guy isn't able to block/dodge it.

In sparring, especially at lower levels, kicks are super overpowered. People who don't know how to get past them will have an incredibly hard time finding a chance to even get close enough to hit their opponent.

Honestly I'd say they're more effective in sparring than in real fights because in a real fight you really don't want to run the risk of someone grabbing your leg and taking advantage of that.
>>
>>1927454
At least the teep.
Not even going full force I've pushed back so many guys by surprise, sometimes they had to stop sparring for a few minutes because I hit solar plexus or something.
So yeah for me teep is the most useful kick in sparring. Low kicks can stop an attack too but I guess they're more used to destroy muscles at full force in a real match.
Roundhouse can work pretty well if you either disguise them as something else, feint, hide them behind punches...raw kicks from mid distance won't work most of the time, but if you use them with something else it's pretty effective.
I'm a beginner but some stuff I use that work are : roundhouse missed on purpose to come back with backfist or elbow, roundhouse turning into a teep, missed roundhouse turning into a sidekick...there's probably tons of stuff to do.

And for the obvious, low kicks and other are good combo enders.
>>
File: Boxing vs Kickboxing.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Boxing vs Kickboxing.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>1927454
>but it seems like good jabs and locks are golden in sparring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HgoLLezD14

Front kicks and roundhouse kicks are like your long range jab and cross, except they're not just longer range, they're more powerful.

There's nothing like a leg kick.
>>
>>1927585
>Generally they're only good in a fight at either the beginning or the end
>I don't know how to control the pace of a fight
>>
>>1927585
>Honestly I'd say they're more effective in sparring than in real fights because in a real fight you really don't want to run the risk of someone grabbing your leg and taking advantage of that.
That's some nice amateur crafted b8 you have there, m8.
>>
>>1927585
>you really don't want to run the risk of someone grabbing your leg and taking advantage of that.
That's like a toddler explaining to you how thermodynamics could theoretically be applied to the pod racers in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

People in real fights are so bad at fighting. People in real fights know so little about fighting.
>>
>>1928383
I'm not him but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmTWFG-0iig
>>
>>1928400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToXYoH0cjY
>>
>>1928400
Fight tips is fucking retarded and should not be taken seriously.
>>
>>1927034
/pol/ is one of the biggest fastest boards what are you talking about...

>>1926705
I never knew there was /wwe/ board. I thought they go shifted here to clean up /sp/. Frustrating they killed this board over it.
>>
>>1929291
/po/ and /pol/ are 2 different things numb nuts.
>>
>>1929291
You can't be serious. God that is so frustrating.
>>
Anyone else into tricking?

Even if not, quad cork was landed 2 nights ago and I was there to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yH1PvR5tM
>>
>>1929465
>Anyone else into tricking?
I'm into Parkour, but I can respect Tricking.

There was a section of stairs that was apart from the whole case.
It was about 4-5ft tall, had 4 stairs that were about less than 10in each. I vaulted over it up the 4 stairs, and from the other side, I rolled down it, kind of like a dive roll but with a lot less power. I was wearing kind of a thick jacket, so I wasn't really hurt, but I'm sure that things wont be that bad if one uses precision and good technique without armor.

I think that's interesting because I don't remember ever rolling stairs before. It seems like with less surface area, the roll wouldn't disperse the impact through as much of your body's surface area, and you could end up taking too much force to certain areas of your body, which could cause pain and or injury.
>>
>>1923729
Sick enziguri OP
>>
>>1928769
Saying something is fucking retarded is not a valid point. How is it retarded?
Also remember that even in one martial art there's often different ways/schools to do things, so the fact that it's not your favorite doesn't mean it doesn't work.
>>
>tfw Saenchai doing a seminar near my place in a few weeks but I'm too much of a beginner and I'm scared to look retarded
>>
>>1929324
hehe my bad. My phones smashed to shit.
>>
>>1923830
Martial Arts threads are the only threads where wrestling is discussed.
>>
>>1927454
>Are kicks even efficient as an attack option in sparring?
Of course they are. They're a fundamental component of striking.
>but it seems like good jabs and locks are golden in sparring.
If all my opponent is throwing is the jab, all I'm going to throw is low roundhouse kick, and it's going to land every time.
>>
>>1930875
You should go. I went to an Ajarn Chai seminar when I was new and that dude is scary as fuck.

Saenchai seems like he'd be more like most Thais who are generally pretty fun and upbeat. They can be a lot of fun.
>>
>>1931256
Yeah been watching a few of his sparring sessions on seminar, guys puts a huge smile to my face and he sometimes spar with guys I could spar with, so why not after all.
>>
>>1927983
There's nothing like a leg kick.
> Real fighter detected
> All those people who never took a leg kick full force debating it
>>
>>1930866
I watched

>one weird tip to win ANY streetlight

Where he suggests people pre plan getting into fights and go out and buy mouth guards which what's going to make them win

I also watched

>how to throw someone like Ryu in streetfigjter!!!!!!1!1!!!

Where he teaches how to throw tomoe nage completely fucking wrong. Fight tips is retarded.
>>
>>1928769
Fight Tips makes some valid points. He clearly states that he is not saying that people should never kick in a street fight, but he then lists 3 reasons why someone possibly shouldn't kick in a street fight.

Not everybody wears tight and movement restrictive jeans, but if you're wearing them, you should probably not try anything above middle kicks. Depending on how tight your jeans are, you probably shouldn't try low kicks either.
>>
Any tips for a roundhouse mt kick without switching?
>>
>>1933996
You mean a regular roundhouse kick or a front leg roundhouse without switching.
>>
>>1934059
Front leg roundhouse sorry.
>>
>>1934225
You gotta make sure hip rotation is excellent, because that's where all the power is going to come from. That's why the switch makes it easier: by moving the hip back, you create more distance for the hip to move through. Instead, make sure you turn and drive your hip forward as much as possible.

A whipping motion with your leg, like TKD or Karate, can also generate some power, depending on where you're kicking.
>>
>>1933996
It's a weaker strike, so use it like a weaker strike. Use it to distract, use it to apply constant pressure, use it to score points, use it to target weak and sensitive areas.

Hurting less doesn't mean it doesn't hurt at all. Doing less damage doesn't mean it doesn't do damage at all.
>>
File: d6DCz4m.jpg (77KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
d6DCz4m.jpg
77KB, 1366x768px
>>1923729
>Says it's a martial arts thread
>It's actually just another wrestling thread.

Maybe if you faggots actually talked about martial arts instead of wrestling. Skate Boarding and Toy Gun threads are able to manage this, why can't you dick grabbing karate fu fags do the same?
>>
>>1936243
Pretty much this, I actually miss that Tai Chi aspie that used to post here. At least we had shit to talk about then
>>
If anyone is in New Jersey on November Nov 13th

Damain Maia is teaching a wrestling clinic/MMA grappling clinic

its a $100 and there is enough room for 100 students.

http://edgehoboken.com/adult-programs/demian-maia-seminar/

Its one of the few American clinics Maia will be doing before he does a string of UK clinics next month and next year.
>>
>>1937294
I always wondered how or if the UFC and such would be any different if knees to the face were allowed.

I supposed grappling would be still a thing, but just throwing yourself straight to the legs would be way different.
>>
This board would have little to no traffic without wrestling. A martial arts board would be too slow, there just isn't enough interest in it from the people who browse 4chan. Before this became the main board for wrestling /asp/ was slow even with airsoft/paintball/extreme sports/martial arts threads, you'd have to wait hours for some threads to get bumped
>>
>>1937597
Quality is much more important than quantity.

/v/ and /pol/ are some of the fastest boards on 4chan, and are literally shit. Old /asp/ was good, way, way much more better than this shit spamming ground it have become. Shit, *anything* is better than the current crap infesting the place.
>>
>>1937607
There might not be as much martial arts threads but the tradeoff is they get bumped much faster than they used to. The quality has declined but its still a medium speed board, if you post a thread that gets no bumps it will stay on the board for at least day instead of 404ing in less than an hour.
>>
>>1937581
Not really. Your chance of landing a knee straight on at someone shooting in are basically nill.
>>
>>1937834
>Your chance of landing a knee straight on at someone shooting in are basically nill.
If you're a beginner no reflexes no reaction speed noob.
>>
>>1923729
Is he kicking him in the dick and the face at the same time?
>>
>>1927983
>>1931414

The only Boxer that ever did anything half decent was Zambidi Vs Buakaw, and he never got close to winning a round..

There's just no competition.
>>
File: jab and teep.webm (554KB, 486x338px) Image search: [Google]
jab and teep.webm
554KB, 486x338px
>>1937581
It would change dramatically. Wrestler would be the more severe hit since double and single would be severly punished if not successful
>>
Thats because /asp/ has gone to the dogs, OP. /sp/ moderators and posters grew so fed up with /wwe/ (despite it not being as flagrant an issue there as it is here), so Chinese Mot moved them here and use /asp/ as a containment board; /wwe/ feels entitled to use the board how they like, so you'll be lucky to get much of anything in these days. We used to have funny, silly threads but I can't imagine there's much to enjoy these days. Despite that WWE wrestling != sport wrestling and belongs more on /tv/ than anything else, they'll insist this is their board. Just drop your hopes of talking about martial arts here and move elsewhere like the rest of us did. Sorry.

>>1925352

Everyone learns at different rates. It isn't a matter of finding a martial art that will magically work - if it's hard, train harder. Like the other Anon said, you cannot give yourself breaks by training intermittently throughout the years. You have to drill yourself into the ground with the basics - ignore how well others are doing. You do it for you, compadre.

>>1926356
>>1927454

>kick full power

You don't need power. You need speed. You need technique enough to anticipate what can happen if you're slow and strike accordingly. As someone who practiced Tae Kwon Do strictly, if you are not at least a second-degree or higher, you're only going to get in enough time for a kick or two before you're brought to the ground or simply slugged in the face. Grapples and groundgame are always good to learn, but regardless, I will still say you should learn good kicking technique. A well placed, well timed kick can end a fight with one fell swoop, but I feel like making use of a kick versus a punch is a much steeper difficulty curve worth focusing strictly in.
>>
>>1937834
>>1934564
>>1934059
>>1931234

Hey, Dr. Goblin! Hope things are doing well for you and the gang. Looking forward to coming back in a few months to meme it up with more TKD fun here, even if the board is still in the terrible condition it was. I miss talking about martial arts with people.

>>1927010

Well said, Anon,

>>1937597

>This board would have little to no traffic without wrestling.

I've never understood this argument. What's the point of having so many threads if none of them have any quality to them? There was plenty of interest, but being the nature of martial arts, there was not much reason to make needless post after post unless a decent response warranted it. Now if you see a martial arts thread, you have to jump on it before it dies - less time to spend fishing up videos and discussions to exchange. I was fine with waiting hours or a day or two for a response, as it gave me time to do the martial arts I'd like to talk about.
>>
>>1931226
>outlaw """wrestling"""
>>
>>1937834
uhh, knees to the head after you sprawl a guy were pretty common in pride weren't they?

Also stuff like soccer kicks and stomps would just be a better option especially against a fense than going to the ground and trying to get mount for ground and pound.
>>
>>1927983
>>1928400
>linking fight tips
18+
>>
>>1937581
>look at pride
more power doubles and throws
>>
>>1938799
They hardly never landed.
>>
anyone doing any kind of sword martial art ive been wanting to learn
>>
>>1939048
Yea I do. There's a HEMA general knocking about but I can answer any questions about it or most their sword arts.
>>
>>1939048
What kind of sword martial art are you after?

They're a funny breed because they tend to be full of either Babby's first martial arts fatties and skinny nerds or a sort of Endgame for bored martial artists who want a change and the mcDojo or amateur instructor shitshow rate is sky high.

Lots of fun and a real, frustrating sparring challenge. Real enough to need a relaxed martial mindset but with a blink and you've lost intensity.

Footwork, distance, timing and tactics are learned with weapons alot better than anywhere else really so it's worth a go for some incites alone.

Kenjutsu and HEMA are the best if you can find a good club but really they're both dragged down by the afore mentioned shit shows.

FMA/Escrima/Kali great for shorter weapons and Kendo and Oly Fencing are great sports in themselves.

Aikido and Ju Jutsu have sword elements but I won't count them here.

Iaido is a beautiful art but it's essentially posing compared to the rest.
>>
>>1939005
>They hardly never landed.
Yeah...No. Ask Kharitonov, vid related, starting at 08:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVy3fmQhMg
>>
File: covington riding clinic.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
covington riding clinic.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>1939664
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVy3fmQhMg
technically that is from a wrestler's ride
Sergie botched the shot and Alex rode him out

If knees were allowed on the ground wrestlers would thrive a lot since riding and knees on the ground have a lot of synergy.

You would have wrestlers use their shots not to takedown but to ride, and then land the knees.

The last bellator on friday you had 2 high level college wrestlers that implemented that too. ride then finish with multiple knees to the body
>>
File: straight elbow somrak kd.gif (2MB, 287x233px) Image search: [Google]
straight elbow somrak kd.gif
2MB, 287x233px
>>1939702
As you wrote, Kari botched the shot. Wrestlers would think twice before getting crouched with a hand on the mat to start their double/single/highcrotch.
It's a lot harder to do those 3 if you you have to start from a more upright stance.
But on the ground, it is true that wreslters skill would welcome this change.
It makes a lot of ifs, since UFC rules favor stand up fighting (reset for inaction on the ground).
Thanks for the .webm.
>>
>>1938701
More threads means more traffic which means more revenue from advertising. If a board doesn't get a lot of traffic then 4chan will just delete it because it won't be worth it financially to keep a board up that bleeds money
>>
>>1939982
Wrong, boards that aren't visited take little bandwidth so they're not worth deleting, also look at all the slow boards there are.
Rather, if it's all just shitposting there's no point in keeping them.
One year of /po/ is less than 30 minutes of /v/
>>
>>1940015
Its not wrong, the amount of bandwidth has little to do with it, not as much as loosing out on potential revenue from advertisers. 4chan isn't a charity, maybe Unicef will make a board but until then 4chan only cares about money, ever since moot left
>>
File: 1313881688633.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1313881688633.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
Martial Arts is for nerds, get off my wrestling board you spastics.

Pic related, it's me and my deagle/NINJA STAR COMBO NERDS
>>
>>1940145
the amount of bandwidth has everything to do with it, what the hell are they supposed to be losing out by having one more slow board?
>>
>>1940348
You're a dipshit

>Slower board = less traffic
>less traffic = less clicking on ads
>less clicking on ads = less revenue from ads
A business wants to maximize revenue and profits, so they will attempt to implement ways to increase revenue, like moving wrestling discussion to a slow board to increase traffic and increase revenue instead of not doing anything and making less money than they would if they changed it
>>
>>1940405
Your affirmation are true as long as people are ready to pay for the adds a decent price.
if you cannot do an armbar, a 1-2 combo a single leg, a forward roll and a middle kick, change thread asap.
>>1940321
It's worth for you too man-child.
>>
>>1940321
>>1940438

nothing beats a well placed pipbomb
>>
>>1940405
You're the dipshit, this site's problem (and it was like this with m00t too) is that it uses too much bandwidth (which is why we have soundless and short webms), more people mean having to pay more to the internet providers, and the adds themselves don't generate enough money to support it.
And moving the wrestling just took away people from /sp/ and put them here, it hasn't made the number of people higher (and while on the topic, fragmenting boards only makes them weaker, the 10 fags spamming here are more beneficial to /sp/ in terms of acquiring traffic).
>>
>>1923729
Because this IS the wrestling board now.
>>
>>1940462
When the wrestling was on /sp/ they only had threads for the shows, that was it. This board has new threads every hour. Yes more traffic = more overhead, but if reducing bandwidth is the biggest problem then why would they create more boards instead of gutting them? If they wanted to reduce bandwidth they could just remove boards, less people would come to the website. The ads under moot didn't support it because moot didn't care about a profit and just wanted to break even. The increase in ads and the pushing of the 4chan pass is pretty telling that revenue is being more aggressively pursued.
>>
>>1940524
It has new threads but they all get 10 replies, the active ones are a couple which are probably as active as when they were on /sp/.
>If they wanted to reduce bandwidth they could just remove boards
Nope, it would work against them since the users would move to other boards and make them more active than before. 2 boards of 10 people attract less than one board of 20 people
>>
>>1938701
>Hey, Dr. Goblin! Hope things are doing well for you and the gang. Looking forward to coming back in a few months to meme it up with more TKD fun here, even if the board is still in the terrible condition it was. I miss talking about martial arts with people.
Why wait a few months? Since they instituted the 5 threads per day, the wrestling spam has stopped. Now we just need to revive the old MA community.
>>
>>1940588
Maybe at first, but people would get tired of the threads getting bumped too fast or instantly 404'd and find another site
>>
>>1940841

>Why wait a few months?

The main reason I had to stop was because of severe stomach issues that have required me to go on an intensive diet and am trying to fix things with a variety of medicines. Something something bile and acid so copious and intense that it began burning through my stomach a bit. I haven't felt the desire to post much martial arts stuff if I can't practice in person.

I wonder if TKDBruh is dead.
>>
>>1938686
Hmm I have a friend that practices tkd I think I need to spar him to see what your talking about. I'm a grapples guy myself.
>>
>>1940841
Are...are you serious? Magical /asp/ is coming back?! Holy shit.
>>
File: Wu-Style Tae Ke Outi.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Wu-Style Tae Ke Outi.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>1940970

I can't find Wu's .gif, so here's my imitation.

We need to do more of this silliness.

>>1940966

More than likely, you would probably beat him. Tae Kwon Do (at least most WTF Kukkiwon schools in the US) don't teach much to do against grappling by itself - it's usually taught with Hapkido, if that. Unless your friend is capable of landing well timed, accurate kicks like crescent kicks, twist-kicks or something similar enough, he's going to want to keep you as distant as he can help.

I do wonder how well Judo and TKD would work together honestly.
>>
>>1940970
The Magic is inside us all along.

>>1940947
Shit sux man. Glad you were able to get back into training.

>>1941079
Your sidekick is too straight, you punched more with your shoulder, and you turned your hip on your kick. Even trying to be silly, I am confident you could kick Wu's ass.

10/10 though, top content.
>>
>>1940841
>decide to see state of /asp/ today
>see this post
I-is it true? I miss the old day, and even though I'm still having my own problems keeping me from training with purpose, I still want to be able to spring back when the doctors finally figure shit out. Even making shitty joke .gifs would help
>>
>>1942705
Damn. At this rate we're going to need a chronic mystery ailment general.
>>
>>1942762
My works health insurance is sending a nurse tomorrow for a second opinion, so I have hope. Free healthcare is great, but unless your dying, shit's slow.

What does /asp/ do for home/outside the gym training? If you say nothing, I feel sorry for the time people put into training you.
>>
File: knowgame3.jpg (33KB, 562x366px) Image search: [Google]
knowgame3.jpg
33KB, 562x366px
Who wins /asp/, a boxer vs a wrestler
>>
>>1942938
Depends on the rules.
>>
WHY NO /WWE/?

Seriously, they fill an entire board as it is. I understand Hiroshimoot is having trouble with dollarydoos but still
>>
>>1942938
Way too many variables to just say one will beat another
>>1943059
You're preaching to the choir
>>
The retarded question of the thread: Raw strenght or speed?
I always assumed that, following the physics rule of force=mass+speed, the faster, the better. But my question is, what do you need in order to throw the fastest punch? I know the bigger the muscles are he stronger you are, but that doesn't directly determinate your speed, right? I think full-of-muscle-bruiser-fags can strike hard at, but MMA pros aren't the bodybuilder type...

In brief: what does it take to have a good combat shape?

Fug I'm typing on the mobile and I can't help but write like a five year old fag
>>
>>1943134
>and I can't help but write like a five year old fag
Before you can get into combat shape, you must first learn to control yourself.

Once you can control yourself, you may direct yourself. Once you can direct yourself, you can go anywhere you please.
>>
>>1942762

>mystery ailment general
>Mystery Ailment Mixed Martial Arts
>"Got hurt during training? Go cry to MAMMA."
>>
>>1943541
Damnait im not user to type in my phone and I'm in bed in an impossible position. Apart from this;
1. Raw strenght or a mix of strenght, speed, etc.?
Quoting an accountancy of mine "if you are stronk enough you can obliterate anyone with a punch"

2. Does adrenaline, being enraged, help in fight giving you a boost? Or is it better to stay calm and relaxed?
>>
>>1942938
Wrestler has the clear advantage.

Consider:

1) Wrestler's can get away with dumbshit against a boxer, including like Inoki and some of the PRIDE guys, just laying down.

2) Boxer's need to achieve their highest potential outcome to win a match (a knockout), before a wrestler can reach the minimum point of a wrestling match beginning (making contact with their opponent).

3) Shoots have longer reach then any boxing technique.

4) Wrestlers have a better physical build for fighting usually. Especially the short affairs that style vs style fights are.
>>
>>1943708
I like this.
>>
>>1944344
I agree. I have been told, and I have witnessed, that stuff like judo were just created to counter "classic" fighting styles. I suppose that's the reason why, when I went to a dojo, they reached us both karate and some judo.
>>
>>1942938
Is this the new "knight vs samurai" meme?
>>
>>1943092
We're literally being oppressed.
We can't even go online and not get bullied.

FUCK THESE WRESTLENERD VIRGINS.

Check out a few martial arts movies and enjoy some REAL choreography, spastics
>>
>>1944031
>adrenaline

AFAIK, adrenaline and being in control are not mutually exclusive. Just like having a hard on and being in control: is just a physiological effect that doesn't have to cloud your mind. It just happens, and the best idea is to keep in control to take advantage of it.
>>
>>1939001
Dude. Stop following whatever people on the Internet say are good or bad. Judge by yourself. He may have done some bad vids in the begining, I don't know, but it's currently a decent entry level channel.
>>
Kakujenbo
What think
>>
>>1940480
>Alternative Sports

Also wrestling is not a sport, it's soap opera
>>
I want to do wrestling or BJJ and they are available in a city about 20 miles away.

However there's a Ju Jitsu school 2 miles away that I can obviously much easier get there.

Is Ju Jitsu worth starting as an adult?
>>
>>1937253
Well, I'm not the same guy, but "Tai Chi aspie" kinda fits me as well.
>>
>>1948692
Any martial art is worth starting at any age.

I mean, unless you're an arthritic grampa.
>>
>>1948704
I'm 26. I know that. I worded my question retardedly. What I mean to say is a I want to wrestle and am thinking about this Ju Jitsu class as a good intro to studying wrestling in the future.

Given I'm in no rush and just doing this because I loved training wrestling in the past (my tutor moved away) do you think this is wise or a waste of time.
>>
>>1948707
Well, if you're phrasing it like this I'm sorry, but I can't help you because I know jack shit about sport or combat wrestling.
Or wrestling in general tbdesu
>>
>tfw you want to learn grappling but I'm you're so fucking sweaty so fast that you're too ashamed to try
>>
>>1942705
You are one of the bitches no one wants around. Go back to exile with wu. We want seido, cambo, and puro back
>>
>>1944610
Pirate vs ninja

(Ninja wins, btw)
>>
>>1948704
>I mean, unless you're an arthritic grampa.
There's still Tai Chi.
>>
>>1949502
Naw, he's cool. Even Wu spiced up this board with some activity.
>>
>>1949619
I know.
Which is why so many lecturers at my uni take taiji classes instead of tkd.
Myself included.
>>
>>1940462
Au contraire

There has been an influx of faggot fedora wrestling fans from other sites and they have made this place a lot shittier by parrotting all our shit memes while trying their hardest to fit in

We had many polls and the /wwe/ average userbase age back on spee was mid to late 20s

Now i would be surprised if it is above 15

This place deserves to burn
>>
i want to start mma next week. i also happen to have groupons for a back adjustment and 1 hour massage. would it be better to use them before or let my body take a beating for a while and then use them? or just use them now and and get another massage/adjustment later. i feel im really due for an adjustment though
>>
>>1950039
Before and after would be best
>>
>>1948692
ÃŽt is the only one you can start as an adult and keep on being better and become a black belt worth the belt as an adult.
Other sports /MA are either to rough on the body (Wreslting/Judo), demanding too much conditionning (muay thai) or simply not worth the hassle (Wing tsung).
>>
>>1949620
Fuck off, baguaidiot. No one likes you, either, especially since you mega-bitched out of your fight with CCP
>>
>>1950896
>being this mad at an anon
Why not bring something to the thread other then being a bitch
>>
>>1950850
Thanks for the response.

You make a valid point I do worry about my knees. Since all my favourite hobbies depend on them. I went to my local JJ place and the only signs were beginners classes for women only or a self defence class setup I dunno.

Frustrating. I'll email them anyway.
>>
>>1950896
dude thats not even me. I also live nowhere near ccp.
>>
File: fake ankle pick to sprawl.gif (1MB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
fake ankle pick to sprawl.gif
1MB, 500x310px
The Sambo world championships were streamed earlier today. Anyone wanna watch?

Combat Sambo rounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qny1G4E9n2k

Sport sambo rounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvHKPuXAbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEkrtt3jEJk
>>
>>1951154
Skipeed through it, will watch later, that looks cool. What are the differences between sambo and MMA btw?
Also I fucking love their outfits for some reason.
>>
>>1951489
you can win by pin fall in sambo
no chokes in sambo
guard is consider stalling. and is usually stood up
there is also a point system so no judge dec.
also no rounds its just 1 five min match.
>>
File: Horrible.jpg (49KB, 353x359px) Image search: [Google]
Horrible.jpg
49KB, 353x359px
>>1951154
>Oh, neat, I have half hour free, I guess I can watch one or two videos.
>Nine hours
>Seven hours
>Ok... I guess I can just skip to the interesting bits...
>First combat begins at around 27:00

Oh, wow...

>>1951489
Looking at it, I have noticed that this sambo is quite similar to your regular MMA match. Some quick shots to measure distance and soft the opponent, move close to try to grab him and roll on the ground trying to maintain a dominant position.

Technicalities aside, what, in your opinion, is the main contribution from sambo to MMA? I mean, what I could learn from training sambo that I wouldn't learn from MMA?
>>
I'm thinking about starting learning a martial art.
What should I choose to learn?
By the way I'm 25 years old do you guys think it's too old to start learning a martial art?
>>
>>1951696
The last few years there have been more Russian or well East European fighters that haven been going into major MMA leagues like UFC and Bellator.

What they have to offer that is different is usually different set ups to their takedowns which are all sambo based (which pretty much is just russian wrestling and wrestling judo)

there strikes come out a tad differently such as casting punches/russian hooks etc.

But there is a strong semblance so MMA and sambo do quite look alike there are just lil details that set them apart.

Sambo is rare to find stateside but a decent approximation would be MMA or judo mix with boxing or wrestling mix with boxing.

The thing you would be missing is sambo's leg lock techniques. But BJJ over the last decade and half have developed their own style of leglocks
>>
>>1951828
No definitely not but it will effect your choice.

At our age it's much harder to avoid being the 'life gets in the way' student and depending on your fitness and strength level right now you may be more prone to injury either or in the near future.

That said you absolutely 100% unequivocally should start a martial art. It's fucking great.

2 things to consider. Which ones are you interested in and which ones are in your area?
>>
File: ankle pick juji gatame counter.gif (2MB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
ankle pick juji gatame counter.gif
2MB, 500x327px
2016 World sambo championships finals just finish 3 hrs ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyNIzMc3KWE
>>
>>1951877
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyNIzMc3KWE
>At the 47:30 mark
weird how they started to call for a pin when the guy had guard. That sucks i thought sambo was the perfect grappling style that allowed leg grabs that judo didn't do, leg locks and stuff that BJJ did. But fuck that is gay that guard is practically illegal in it.
>>
>>1951877
>Dat gif

I always wondered why fighters didn't do that more often: lift the guy trying to made his move, even if a foot or two above the ground, and then bashing him into the ground. It would be illegal? Useful?

I wouldn't say the red guy on the air was scared... but he certainly looked concerned about going back to the floor.
>>
>>1951957
Yea it's usually illegal. That is the intended use of most lifting techniques though to slam the opponent. He puts his arm down to protect his head and neck accordingly.
>>
>>1932536
>Not everybody wears tight and movement restrictive jeans, but if you're wearing them, you should probably not try anything above middle kicks.
>tfw you wear joggers and are ready to throw a head kick any time of the week
>>
Just had a kickboxing seminar taught be a Richard Abraham of Glory. Good times all around. Also I hear Saenchai is teaching a seminar within driving distance in February, gonna try and make that shit
>>
>>1923729
Sorry about the WWEenies, they're a terminal cancer that the mods have stopped trying to wrangle into one single tard corral.

What martial art do you practice, OP? I've done some judo, and a little wrestling, but my favorite is boxing. I have a little interest in sumo too
>>
>>1926291
>kek
tee hee!
>>
>>1923729
So I went to practice with a guy that had 11 years of experience with Aikido. I have to say there is something to it when practiced right. This guy was incredibly flexible, didn't flinch even in most of my locks, and could work out all day. It really opened my eyes.
>>
>>1952816
wew
>>
I wish this board wasn't infested by WWE fags. It was a slow board but it was comfy and had a lot of interesting people on here compared to your usual 4channers.

Also I want to get back into training but I'm too scared since I'm bad at making friends. Any one can relate?
>>
>>1923883
there's already a sport board. then, there was an alternative sport board. creating a wrestling board is pushing it - moot always said he was careful with creating new boards even when everyone wanted one because he had to draw the line somewhere, and a wrestling board is definitely over that line. not sure how the new jap owner feels about it but he probably thinks the same.

it is annoying though because a board like this has a lot of potential, and wrestling is childish. big men doing fake shit. i stoppd watching when i was 9 years old.
>>
>>1953179
It shouldn't honestly be /tv/ material
>>
>>1951869
I'm thinking about muay thai or karate these two look like fun to me but I don't know if there are any in my area.
>>
>>1953355
Have a look around and try and inquire offline as well because Martial Arts clubs can be pretty retarded when it comes to advertising.

Karate would probably be the more rewarding learning experience. As in it's really well structured and regulated which can be great if you're not the sort of person who can motivate yourself to be constant weekly training.

Muay Thai is pretty much the meme MA of the now. It and BJJ. It is fucking great but a little less structured usually and my club anyway has no real incentives to not be a drop in drop out practitioner.
>>
>>1951877
Dat .gif, magnificent. This what happen when you don't bother to pass the guard correctly.
>>
>>1923729
>but why is there a thousand wrestling threads on the board? Why not create a specific board for wrestling at this point?
because a martial arts board would be slower than the fucking origami board. This board was slow as hell before /wwe/ got brought here.

Someone post the comic, you know the one.
>>
>>1953046
Eh, I don't really worry about friend-making at the gym. Just do you. Hell, if you can pull off the "badass lone wolf" attitude well enough, people might wanna hang with ya
>>
>>1953179
Hiro already said he didn't believe the wwe community was big enough to sustain a board by themselves. And honestly, it looks like he was right in a sense.

When the annexation of wrestling to /asp/ was announced, as you could expect, there was a load of complains because it didn't feel right to add that shit in here. And along with legitimate fans of the shot, there also a lot of meme posters came along. They didn't care about wrestling, they wanted to shitpost for the sake of shitpost, and the storm caused by hiro announcement was the perfect breeding ground for his shenanigans.

The only answer is to report, report and report until they give up. Isn't impossible, but the board have slowed a lot lately because the limit to thread creation and the janitors actually doing his work.
>>
>>1953708
>Just do you
>His you is being bad at making friends
wow good advice
>>
>>1953770
> Hiro already said he didn't believe the wwe community was big enough to sustain a board by themselves. And honestly, it looks like he was right in a sense

How do you work that on out? This literal whole board is wrestling except from at most 5 threads
>>
>>1953823
>Never said "do you"
I guess I see your confusion, but I pretty clearly said anon should just worry about training and not sweat making friends
>>
>>1951828
I was 35 when I started mt with almost no physical activity for 15 years and just a little bit of tkd and running for a few months before.
I'm old and I have a belly. So yeah. You can probably do it. Just force your way through the suffering of the first few weeks/months. You'll think you can't do it, don't stop and it'll get easier. Don't mind being hurt everywhere, this will pass too and you'll end up not caring about being hit in the face.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.