[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGIT QUESTION FOR SMARKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: WrestlingRing.jpg (55KB, 810x531px) Image search: [Google]
WrestlingRing.jpg
55KB, 810x531px
I really want to know something, dear smarks. Since guys like Daniel Bryan, Kenta, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Cesaro, and all the rest of your wonder boys are so great, there are so many of them according to you on the indies, then tell me - why could they never make any indie promotion relevant, and by relevant I mean at least 50% as big as TNA in the West?

Probably the only "big" indie promotion is NJPW, and it's not even TNA-tier, and is the top promotion in Japan. Supposedly, guys like Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow were also soooo great, and WWE dropped balls on them, they are supposed to be so wonderful, and better than "WWE guys", I don't hear anything about them other than working for TNA and being even more bland than they were in WWE, and before that they tried indies, and they were working 50-people crowd halls (that was until they came to WWE that you say is so evil and terrible).

If they are all such greats, why do the promotions they were working for for over a decade sometimes, always look like pic related? If they are so great, shouldn't WWE, which according to you, always sucked, look like pic related, and indie promotions be like WWE in it's prime at least?
>>
>>1916078
DBry did wonders for RoH
None of the others made nearly the waves he did, or they were in a promotion that was big to begin with.
Balor shouldn't be mentioned with them. He was jack shit before he did an epin shooty angle for the easiest heat in the world, and even then capped out at sub-ME.
>>
>>1916081
Okay, so if I look at ROH now and compare it to WWE in it's prime, it will be comparable right? Because according to the hype smarks have for this guy and the rest of them would make think that this is the case...
>>
So, where are you smarks? I thought when guys like DBry, Balor, Owens will come to WWE, they will take it by the storm. But I see no storm, I only see how much they blow...
>>
>>1916085
You do realize that we aren't a hive mind right?
We have different opinions
Some people think there godly messiahs who will save the company
Some people just like them because they wrestle good
Also of course they wouldn't be half of TNA and comparing them to prime WWE makes no sense

They have slots on TV giving them loads of casual fans

How many Indy promotions do you see on broadcasted on TV?
>>
>>1916085
Nobody would ever even remotely assert that.
But DBry did put RoH on the map as the best alternative to WWE at the time.
>>
Who's next that will supposedly take WWE by storm? Shinsuke? And we all know it's going to be just another boring indie guy all about "muh wrestling, muh strong style, muh workrate" who will make ratings fall even more, but hey, probably another indie cuck will be on the horizon, so you will hype him up, and the circle closes itself.
>>
>>1916104
stop samefagging your shit thread
>>
>>1916104
>Jap
>WWE
(lol

He will need a mouthpiece who can properly speak English and not Engrish.

He's just another Kenzo Suzuki except older and more autistic.

He's paid a million and a half though so there is a huge chance he wins a major title.
>>
>>1916099
>How many Indy promotions do you see on broadcasted on TV?

You know that WWE WAS an indy promotion? But they said fuck this indy shit, let's start sports entertainment, and then Hogan and SCSA made wrestling great.

It's not about "muh oppinions". You smarks push your opinions as facts, you cry about EVERYTHING WWE does and was doing on it's own - pushing Roman is one example - and you will not stop until every guy on the roster is an indie midget boring guy and the RAW attandence will be counted in tens literally. Then maybe your acne will squirt out of joy.
>>
>>1916104
>samefags thread because people don't care
>ignores answers that may cause an actual debate
>only responds to answer that he thinks has a hole in it
>dosen't respond to the rebuttal
>instead shit posts some more
wew lad
>>
>>1916108
I wasn't same fagging. It was me, just asking a new question.

Face it smarks. Your taste is terrible and only another fat neckbeards with pubic beards that smell like cheetos agree with it. You are killing WWE with your bullshit oppinions, with what I said in OP, with "muh women's revolution" and you probably know that. Or if you don't - then you should finally realize that.
>>
>>1916116
Read >>1916117
>>
There is no wrestling besides WWE.
99% of people think WWE when they hear the word "wrestling". They are the best and the biggest company in the industry. In fact they're so good and so big they practically have a monopoly on wrestling.
None of those smaller promotions matter at all. They're laughably insignificant. If all those indy promotions happen to vanish all at once nobody would notice.
It's all about the WWE.
>>
>>1916111
Yes I do know that
And then they got on TV which gave them millions of casual fans
The thing about Roman is that,contrary to what most say, he wasn't bad at all
If he had not been pushed so early after the break up and if people didn't know he was the "chosen one" he wouldn't have been meet with that much backlash

But you have to be an idiot if you think that WWE hasn't been booking shit feud after shit feud for the past 3 years
>>
>>1916078
>If Ferraris are the best cars in the world why don't they sell more than ford?
>McDonalds is the best food on earth because it has the highest sales

That's your argument reductio absurdum
>>
>>1916117

>Why wont people read my shitty thread?

If you can't understand why tiny a wrestling company can't compete with the likes of the WWE then you are legitimately retarded.

Hint: the quality of the wrestling has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>1916137
This. OP lacks logic in his argument. Logically OP is a faggot.
>>
>>1916126
>>1916131

You are both stating the obvious here. I KNOW THAT. But since we are ages from the point in time when getting a TV programming is something rare for companies that are the best at something, and considering that indie wonder boys are the best of the best of the best (according to smarks), it should be easy to build a company even bigger than WWE, RIGHT? That's my main point. WWE according to them sucks, and makes terrible talent, independent scene is the best, then it should be no problem to get a TV time don't you think?

On the more serious note - smarks just like anything that is shitty and obscire because they don't want to feel like normies, they are the fucking sjws, cucks and hipsters of pro wrestling fanbase. This is why their brains work like that. They are destroing WWE with that, and idiots like triple gaych and stephanie are letting this to happen.
>>
>>1916137
>>1916146

>Sales don't mean anything - the post.

WWE WAS the Ferrari. And this Ferrari made it to the point their sales are better than Ford's (doin this comparison). Also - comparing 3 totally different spectrums is retarded as fuck. It's like comparing planes to bikes, just because both of them let you change places.

>>1916140
>Hint: the quality of the wrestling has nothing to do with it.

Okay, I'm a retard. Enlighten me.
>>
>>1916111
>You know that WWE WAS an indy promotion? But they said fuck this indy shit, let's start sports entertainment, and then Hogan and SCSA made wrestling great.

This is a really bad oversimplification. The WWE had the advantage of regional television and a completely different environment that allowed them to grow. Everything is so nationalized now that unless you get a start on national television, have a string of absolutely transcendent personalities, or have ridiculously deep pockets that can absorb years of hemorrhaging losses while making almost no other mistakes, you can't really grow and thrive.

Look at the UFC, it was basically barely organized cock fighting that lost a TON of money until guys like Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, and Randy Couture helped it gain early mainstream popularity and they had friggen HUGE financial backing in the form of Zuffa. Even now it still struggles for mainstream acceptance despite reality TV shows, mainstream stars like Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor, and time slots on networks. What chance does an indy fed have that draws regional audiences of around 200-1000 spectators have even with big fish talent?
>>
>>1916147
Wrestling started to die when kayfabe died

Smar is are only a byproduct of the death of kayfabe

Also this argument has been beaten to death so many times it isn't funny

We repeated what we said because it should be obvious

Wwe and TNA got a head start
Also which are you most likely going to watch?
That random obscure Indy show down town that you have to pay for or that big time promotion on TV with lots of budget that you can watch for free
>>
Another thing smarks are forgetting in this topic - those indie wonder boys ARE GIVEN this platform that is WWE. Since 2011 they were given A LOT, and what came from this? Literally NOTHING. They are not so wonder I think, since they couldn't make the ratings to skyrocket... Why didn't this happen... You are all talking about head starts, etc. which IS right, but I'm saying - with how much smarks are hyping those wonder boys, they should be making more money outside of WWE, and given the platform of international wrestling company that is WWE - they should make pro wrestling the #1 most watched show on the planet...

inb4ratingswerefallingsince2000

I know, it has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying those wonder boys AT LEAST could have stopped them don't you think? (if they are truly so wonderful)
>>
>>1916186
Wrestling started to die when kayfabe died
As soon as small children learned it was all fake ratings started to drop
No one guy could ever save the company from that
>>
>NJPW
>not TNA tier
>literally selling out venues all around japan
>TNA contemplating running a show at the hardy's house
>>
>>1916195
According to smarks, their wonder boys can. But it's not happening.
>>
>>1916210
>NJPW
>Was popular at the same time WWE was
>Still is lightyears behind WWE
>>
>>1916216
That's more or less just them liking a guy because he wrestles good or because he was good in promotion X or because he was the entire reason that promotion got on the map

If we really want to "save wrestling" we need a guy who is so charismatic that he can fool the general populace who already knows it's fake into thinking it's real again

That guy dosen't exist
>>
So, smarks will not tell me why their wonder boys can't stop ratings to fall down, as asked here >>1916186 ?

Actually, they make the ratings fall down even quicker than WWE guys like Reigns, so something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>1916236
At this point it's becoming fanatical hatred
Some snarks may think X guy can save the company
Some may think that X guy is just a good wrestler
You are generalizing smarks in an insane hyperbole
Wrestling is dying and there is no one guy who can save it
>>
>>1916078
>Probably the only "big" indie promotion is NJPW, and it's not even TNA-tier
This is how I know you're fucking retarded
>>
>>1916250
>You are generalizing smarks

Oh really? Just look at this thread. Look at wrestlingforum, look at any other place smarks inhabited. You are very short-sighted. Look, I asked some very unhandy question and they all disappeared.
>>
>>1916258
>I don't have counter arguments so I will just point one small mistake which doesn't change the main point and call names.

Fucking neck yourself now. Matter of fact, come here I will gladly do this for you you fat pathetic being. You know your life sucks and you daily think about killing yourself. I hope you do it you faggot.
>>
>>1916078
First of all: I think you should look up the word "smark" and its meaning.

Second:
>Probably the only "big" indie promotion is NJPW, and it's not even TNA-tier
You shouldn't talk about stuff you don't have a clue of.
>>
>>1916236
>>1916236

Why would I give a shit about ratings if have no financial stake in them? If I enjoy watching it I will watch and if I don't I will watch something else.

I swear you idiots care more about whether Raw does a 2.3 or a 1.9 more than Vince or the Investors.
>>
>>1916268
Okay, enjoy it in your indie dance halls that can hold 20 people. Don't push it in WWE.
>>
>>1916078
ROH is at LEAST 50% as big as TNA due to Punk and Bryan. Probably bigger than 50% now a days, if not now then for sure up until a few years ago.
>>
>>1916078
Because popularity has no correlation with talent or quality. Nickelback will always be more popular than Bright Eyes. Call of Duty will always be more popular than Yakuza. Marvel Comics will always be more popular than Top Cow Productions. McDonald's will always be more popular than Five Guy's. Jenna Jameson will always be more popular than your mother. Just because something is popular doesn't make it good.
>>
>>1916316
>Call of Duty will always be more popular than Yakuza.
I don't know about the rest, but seeing as you gave this cancerous and stupid example, I know it's nothing smart probably.
>>
Why is anyone responding to this absolute clown
>>
>>1916335
Why not?
>>
>>1916335
Did this thread hurt your little feelings?
>>
>>1916078
NJPW isn't an indie; they're owned by Bushiroad, a private company
>>
>>1916362
If I remember correctly they are planning on going public with it soon
>>
ROH *is* bigger than TNA and has been for several years now.

>KENTA
>Bálor
>Nakamura

>indy

State of OP terrified of le smark boogeyman.

>>1916109
>He's just another Kenzo Suzuki except older and more autistic.

Wow, imagine being this wrong.

>>1916111
>You know that WWE WAS an indy promotion? But they said fuck this indy shit, let's start sports entertainment, and then Hogan and SCSA made wrestling great.

The respective primes of the names you mentioned are over a decade apart you Googlebabby.

>>1916157
>I'm a retard.

Well at least you admit it.

>>1916316
>Jenna Jameson will always be more popular than your mother.

kek this is GOAT
>>
>>1920492
>Falling for the typical anti-smark bait
>>
>>1916157
>Okay, I'm a retard
Thanks for being honest about yourself
>>
>>1916220
It was literally outdrawing WWE in the 90s in a much smaller market. I don't think you realize how fucking hot wrestling was in Japan in the early to mid 90s.
>>
>>1916262
He didn't provide an argument, he was showcasing your ignorance
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.