[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sasha Banks on women equality and rights in wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 19

File: sddefault.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Source: ESPN.com

ESPN.com recently interviewed WWE Women's champion Sasha Banks.

Wanting to be equal:

> "We say things like 'women's wrestling' and 'women's revolution.' I hope one day it's not 'a good women's match.' I don't want the women's wrestling part. I just want to be equal to my partners. Why can't we be treated equal?. I think once we get a women's main event at a pay-per-view and you drop 'women's wrestling,' that will prove we are on the same level. A couple of years ago we were seen as the popcorn match or the bathroom break for the fans, and that's not the case anymore. I want to be the main event at WrestleMania. I feel if that's not in my lifetime, I know that I'm helping build the foundation for the next generation of women to do that."

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/1029/618849/sasha-banks-talks-not-liking-women-wrestling-term/
>>
>>1913214

Being frustrated with WWE product:

> "It was so frustrating for me to see amazing women in WWE do what the guys would do, and then the next week they would be in a 'bra and panties' match. Growing up, that wasn't what I wanted to do. I watched a lot of Japanese women's wrestling, so I knew what women could do in the ring. I knew we could be just like the guys."
>>
File: IMG_7547.png (662KB, 562x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7547.png
662KB, 562x400px
>>1913214
*NEEEEEIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHH*
>>
I legitimately wish a man would just slap this horse and put her in her place. She needs to be fucking humbled and shut the fuck up about this MUH EQUALITY bullshit. Christ.
>>
Over in /tg/ we have a saying when somebody's complaining about a bit of tabletop bullshit that's specific to D&D but are acting like it's part of the entire genre.

So, to paraphrase my neckbearded brothers, Sasha, have you tried not wrestling for WWE?

Because there are other promotions that don't have all this Vince McMahon baggage.
>>
> I think once we get a women's main event at a pay-per-view and you drop 'women's wrestling,' that will prove we are on the same level.

Just give these cunts what they want and get it over with FFS.

I blame haitch and nXT for all this mess. FUCK!
>>
>>1913214

>wearing a baseball cap

kek
>>
>>1913225
>Meanwhile, in Boyle Heights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7aUDag1xg&feature=youtu.be
>>
If Sasha wants to be equal than put her in a match with Brock.

Make it happen WWE.
>>
>>1913225

Yeah, but WWE is where you get the most exposure and the most money. You think PWG is gonna pay her what Vince is payin' her? And TNA won't even pay her at all!
>>
It's funny how women's wrestling is more popular and prolific in Japan yet you won't find any feminist GRRL POWER bullshit there.
>>
>>1913234

That's because joshi have already proven themselves to be great performers. Fuck, some of them innovated moves that guys popularized here - the Vertebreaker, for example.
>>
I like this comment from wrestlinginc comments section:

> Remember the good old days when they used to go out and make history instead of telling us that they're gonna make history- you can't force these things.
>>
>>1913234
She's not really doing any GRRL POWER bullshit here, though. She's calling out GRRL POWER bullshit like the HiaC match and Foley creaming himself over "making history". She's saying cut all the bullshit out and just let us fight like real people.

Which is how it should be done. Lots of other promotions have proven that women can in fact wrestle at an entertaining level. WWE is the only one that has this problem.
>>
>>1913245

It's like how at Wrestlemania now Cole says "OMG WE'RE WITNESSING A WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT".

Retarded.
>>
>>1913234
I think Meltzer reported that Vince is refusing to put the the woman's hell in a cell match as the main event even though HHH and creative want to.

I heard the reasoning is that you can only do "A woman's main event" once, and that Vince isn't against the idea he just wants to promote and build the first woman's main event on ppv because it will be "historic" and wants to do it in a way to make the most money from it.

Its actually not a bad move, hell in a cell isn't the type of ppv to showcase it, but I don't see him doing it for one of the big 3, he will probably make a new ppv for it, Money in the Bank wouldn't be a bad idea, they have actually been the best ppvs the past few years and is becoming more relevant than Survivor Series
>>
>>1913234
Yeah that's what she's saying.
>>
>>1913246
Real talk, its not ability as much it is about making money. Men main event because it draws money. Women's wrestling does NOT draw.

So Sasha has no right to demand these main events regardless of whatever it is billed to be.
>>
The problem is if you drop the "good women's match" thing, a miniscule amount of matches are remotely as good as the men's.
>>
>>1913251

Survivor Series is getting Brock/Goldberg so its obviously still relevant.
>>
>>1913251
They need to do it at a non-big 4, non-gimmick (HIAC, TLC) show like Roadblock.
>>
>>1913251
Survivor Series (not this one) would be a good PPV for it too because you can have the world champion(s) in a SS match rather than defending the belts, so it won't detract from those titles by looking like a demotion. Kind of like what they did on NXT by having Balor involved in a tag match while Sasha and Bayley main evented.
>>
>>1913248
Yeah, WWE is retarded and forced now.

And its not all WWE creative fault either. Wrestlers back in the day took this shit seriously, went to war with each other for their position on the card. Nowadays the talents sit around and play vidya backstage. How is the show gonna have any intensity? there is a reason Brock stands out amongst the rest like a Titan because he's the real deal, he's 100% out there no filter.
>>
File: 1477132923083.gif (1MB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477132923083.gif
1MB, 180x200px
>>1913214
Women are a division though, same as the announcers calling a 'cruiserweight match'

Its a way to separate the competitors.

Its like asking to stop calling someone a raw or smackdown competitor and calling them a wwe competitor.
>>
File: iconic.jpg (81KB, 597x601px) Image search: [Google]
iconic.jpg
81KB, 597x601px
>WAHHH GUYS GIVE ME FLOWERS AFTER MY SYMPATHY FIVE STAR MATCH AT TAKEOVER
>EVERY PROMO - WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, WE ARE RAISING BAR FOR WOMEN
>I REVOLUTIONIZED WOMENS WRESTLING

Then complains about "women" being attached as an adjective? Of all the people Becky Lynch put it in a nice way "Stop complaining and talking about "Womens" revolution, just do your thing and let it happen on it's own"

Face it she's going to kill herself when Iconic forms a Tag Division in WWE
>>
>>1913214
>I just want to be equal to my partners. Why can't we be treated equal?

Because you're not nearly as good and can't stop botching.
>>
Here's hoping for a spot gone wrong at HiaC
>>
>we were seen as the popcorn match or the bathroom break for the fans
>that's not the case anymore

The delusion
>>
>>1913234
Mexican female wrestlers can work with male wrestlers and they can be admired for their in-ring abilities and not their looks. Apparently it's an American thing
>>
>>1913328
But Mexicans and South American countries have no issue with admiring a woman for their looks and are open about it, and woman have no issue with being sexualized. Because of this openness it allows woman to be both taken seriously for ability and looks(when applicable) and you don't have the issue in the States where depending on the context you can only recognize a woman's attractiveness or only recognize her ability and are punished for viewing her attractiveness. This situation forces men to choose one or the other for every context, and the male drive is always gonna prefer the sexual context when forced to recognize only one aspect, US men (and women) aren't conditioned to recognize both, talking about sex openly is discouraged in US society
>>
File: IMG_0854.jpg (13KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0854.jpg
13KB, 125x125px
>>1913225
WWE is like the final boss in wrestling companies, after you make it to WWE you can make it anywhere else. Besides, she won't get paid as she's getting paid at WWE, and she won't get popularity wrestling for the indies, fatboy
>>
File: images-3.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>1913348
> someone bothered to type this out
Kek what a yawn cunt

Fuck off back to wew
>>
>>1913257
Survivor Series is only relevant due to its past, it was actually very entertaining back in the 80s and early 90s when people still cared about the elimination match.

It has been brutally unentertaining for the past 10+ years and has been neglected by creative. The Brock/Goldberg main event(if it happens at SS) is just another half ass attempt to make it relevant again, just like when they booked the Cena/Rock tag team match. They should of did a Team Cena vs Team Rock and have a stipulation where winner chooses the match type.

This year they should do a Team Goldberg vs Team Brock and have the winner choose the stipulation for a match they will have at the Rumble. They still get the in ring return of Goldberg, they can still have him fight Lesnar but instead they can use it to build a Royal Rumble main event and use it as a tease to it. They can also make Goldberg look strong by squashing people on Team Lesnar, and book the finish in a way that they still both look strong
>>
File: 1469201001244[1].jpg (395KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
1469201001244[1].jpg
395KB, 1300x731px
>>1913315

Kek, this balding bitch is as deeply in denial about the state of no-draw women wrestlers as she is about her hairline.
>>
>>1913315
Charlotte vs Sasha HIAC is clearly not bathroom break or popcorn match anon. Whats the issue with her claim here?
>>
>>1913365
Dolph Ziggler Authority stuff from Survivor Series 2014 stood out though anon. I'm talking about the one where Sting returned, you remember that? That was a good show.
>>
>>1913412
It was memorable because of Sting, and the WWE couldn't capitalize on Sting's return or Dolph's win
>>
>>1913407
>Charlotte vs Sasha HIAC is clearly not bathroom break or popcorn match anon. Whats the issue with her claim here?

What did he mean by that
>>
File: 1475550524896.jpg (70KB, 869x501px) Image search: [Google]
1475550524896.jpg
70KB, 869x501px
>>1913245
>>
>>1913214
If she hates the term why does she keep fucking using it
>>
>>1913231
>Sasha makes history and agrees to wrestle Brock at a PPV
>She can't even pick him up
>Brock executes one suplex
>Sasha nearly breaks in half, begins to cry from the bump
>Brock continues to mercilessly throw her around the ring for the next five minutes
>Tears and fake hair stream to the floor with each suplex
>Brock delivers such an Earth-shattering F5 that it reverberates and causes women the world over to feel it's effects

SaveUs.Brock
>>
Y'know, Sasha seems like a nice enough girl. This interview makes it sound like she hates the "women's revolution" shit she's forced to shill and she just wants to wrestle. I can certainly respect that.

But her character and her material sucks, she gives bad, rambling promos and she's gonna kill herself in the ring trying to go full-tilt at this point.

I feel bad for her for having to shill Steph's garbage. I bet she wants to be an egomaniac heel like she was in NXT , but she's too important to MUH BRAND to do that right now.
>>
>>1913412
>>1913420
It was a great moment (Dolph goes beast mode, Sting shows up, Authority dies) that they refused to capitalize on in any way.

I hate it. It's one of my favorite moments of the Network era and it was fucking wasted.
>>
>>1913214
>lets drop the women's division
I agree
>>
We should come up with a Botcha/Charlotte HIAC bingo card. Suggestions?

>Botch (FREE SPACE)
>Sasha cries
>"Woman's revolution."
>"Historic night."
>Incredibly tame spot
>THIS IS AWESOME
>>
>>1913486
YOU DESERVE IT
>>
>>1913251
>>1913258
imo, with this you need to go big or go home. Doing it on a gimmick-ass C-PPV like HiaC or TLC would be a waste. A B PPV like Money in the Bank or Battleground might be okay, it might give them a bit of credibility like have Battleground was kinda upgraded from a Z-Tier PPV because of its great card this year.

But honestly, what I'd do, is, do it at Summerslam 2017. Make it a brand-vs.-brand match, do Charlotte vs. Becky or Charlotte vs. Asuka (who got called up to SD after the Rumble or after Mania or something)
>>
women are incapable of carrying themselves with the same kind of charisma and bravado that men are, to say nothing of their inferior physical ability

women will always be the eye candy/JV division
>>
>>1913489
how about not doing it at all because women are shit
>>
>>1913495
Same problem modern day manlets have. CWs used to be real men like Eddie and JeriGOAT. Now we have meme hipster cunts.

TBK is the only manlet to carry himself with any dignity.
>>
File: granmetalik.jpg (1017KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
granmetalik.jpg
1017KB, 1920x1080px
>>1913509
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1913224
ask me how I know you're a fat virgin, do it
>>
>>1913511
I'm talking about manlet American style memelords.

Not the godlike Luchas or based Japbros.
>>
>>1913214
>I hope one day it's not 'a good women's match.' I don't want the women's wrestling part
She's just sodding delusional at this point. You're not called "women's wrestling" as some kind of sexist ploy to keep the women down during the 2000's. You're called women... and I know this is a shocker... because you're a woman?

You don't hear Amanda Nunes, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Miesha Tate or Ronda Rousey going on about wanting to drop the title women, because that's their fucking gender. Same bloody reason you have mens 100m sprint and womens 100m sprint in the Olympics. To differentiate.
>>
File: some jobber.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
some jobber.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>and the crowd starts chanting wo-men's wres-tling, and I couldn't stand that, I was like for fuck's sake... "women's wrestling", that's a load of crap - that's the worst chant I have ever gotten
What did Kevin Dunn's mortal enemy mean by this?
>>
>>1913528
Better to have a chant for you that you don't necessarily like than no chant at all.

I hope soon that smarks realize what they've done by putting women on such a pedestal for the past ~3 years.
>>
File: cedricalexander.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cedricalexander.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>1913524
Okay, but what did he mean by THIS?

(also Gargano and Ciampa)
>>
>>1913527
I mean, this entire argument is fallacious because you don't call men's wrestling "men's wrestling", which is the point she is trying to make...which is obvious because you cite evidence to back this up (mens 100m sprint v women 100m sprint -- would you prefer to just call it 100m spring and women's 100m sprint? if so, you're a tool. if not, you're argument sucks.
>>
>>1913528
Based Big Lass Beck just wants to break arms and make terrible puns to the whole roster. BMAJ/Becky feud fucking when?
>>
>>1913527
Ronda Rousey doesn't complain about it because there's a very good reason why Ronda Rousey only fights women.

There's really not any reason to have Sasha Banks only fight women. She probably looks at Japan and Lucha Underground where men fight women and it's not even a big deal and it drives her fucking insane.
>>
>>1913544
based sasha destroying sexists
>>
>>1913545
>Becky and AJ cutting promos on each other
This kills the Dunn
>>
>>1913544
They do that with the NBA and WNBA
>>
this bitch actually thinks women are physically equal to men.... lol

there's a reason women aren't allowed to compete against men and it's because men are superior (no neckbeard)

im sure women are good at something else, but i have yet to figure it out
>>
>>1913553
>AJ gets #BeatUpBeckyLynch trending on Twitter
>>
I'd rather see the likes of Becky, Bliss and Bayley in bra and panties matches than see them actually wrestle
>>
>>1913486
Charlotte's pushing hard for a moonsault off the cage, but it isn't going to happen.

I think she's at least trying to give the match a huge spot so the match has weight.

A main event hell in a cell match needs something, and she knows that. And no way can you trust Sasha to deliver it.

I feel bad for Charlotte really, she'll probably lose too because for some reason the fans like Sasha despite her being more of a bitch than the actual heel.
>>
File: tfPlLo9.png (15KB, 555x398px) Image search: [Google]
tfPlLo9.png
15KB, 555x398px
>>1913553
>Becky and AJ cutting promos on each other
>>
>>1913407
The entire HIAC show is a bathroom break. I'd rather take a three-hour shit than sit through a terrible RASJW ppv
>>
>>1913528
DOOMBO
>>
>>1913678
Gimmick PPVs are inherently shit by nature. It went from being "this shit has gotten so out for hand / intense we need HIAC to end it" to "guess we have to fight in HIAC because the calender dictates it."
>>
>>1913224
Have sex
>>
I agree with her desu, this whole women's wrestling bs that the wwe is crapping out is redundant and doesn't even accomplish the equality they're supposedly trying to achieve. They're still shining unecessary light on the fact that they're women, that's all they have going on in their current storyline ffs. I also find it funny how even tho the E is supposedly portraying their women just as important and capable as the men, they still won't have intergender matches or write storylines that consistently and efficiently incorporate both men and women, it's like each gender lived in their own microcosmos, rarely crossing paths.
>>
File: 1472505066552.webm (3MB, 1080x606px) Image search: [Google]
1472505066552.webm
3MB, 1080x606px
>>1913214
>I think once we get a women's main event at a pay-per-view and you drop 'women's wrestling,' that will prove we are on the same level. A couple of years ago we were seen as the popcorn match or the bathroom break for the fans, and that's not the case anymore. I want to be the main event at WrestleMania.

>she's a feminist SJW
>she hates bra & panties matches
>she's an ugly botch machine
>WWE marks unironically support her

The absolute state of WWE
>>
File: 1476451110397.jpg (214KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476451110397.jpg
214KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 1476758066821.png (390KB, 456x588px) Image search: [Google]
1476758066821.png
390KB, 456x588px
>>
File: 1476758064291.jpg (40KB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476758064291.jpg
40KB, 500x222px
>>
File: 1439172423009.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1439172423009.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>1913214
>Stephanie slaps huge male wrestlers who could easily tear her apart
>they aren't allowed to do anything back to her
>"womyn are equal!"
>>
File: 1476449440518.jpg (238KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476449440518.jpg
238KB, 1080x1080px
>>1914109
>>
She really looks like Snoop Dog in OP's pic. Fuck.
>>
>>1914118
>>1914119
>JUST
>>
>>1914120
>Stephanie emasculates male wrestlers and they can't do anything...even verbally
>>
>>1913351
>won't get paid as well anywhere else

>her current employer is the problem

I really can't take these nu-males anymore
>>
>>1914120
>That time Batista no-sold the slap and Randy started cracking the fuck up.
>>
Feminism has no place inside a wrestling ring. This bitch needs to fuck off already.
>>
>>1913231
I dont think Brock would agree to it unless he got to dictate 100% of the match
>>
>>1914120
All wrestlers are equal but some are more equal than others
>>
>>1914293
I dont recall this, mayhaps you have a link?
>>
>>1913544
You don't call wrestling "men's wrestling" because anyone can wrestle if they are good enough (see chyna), they call women's "wrestling" women's wrestling because most of them would have to be carried though a mixed gender match

That's why you have football and women's football. Women could play, if women could actually play
>>
>>1913255
>Women's wrestling does NOT draw.

The 2nd-most hyped match at the original WrestleMania was for the Women's Championship.

18+

>>1913262
>le computer game boogeyman meme

>>1913351
>and she won't get popularity wrestling for the indies,

I want you to remember this every time you bitch about some "indy darling" getting pushed, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>1913224
>>1913227
>>1913471
>>1913495
>>1913503
>>1913534
>>1913561
>>1914108
>>1914314
>all these bitter beta bois still mad that Brittani ditched them for Chad in high school
>>
>>1914120
>implying that Steph would actually take bumps if she were actually Vince's son instead of just wishing she was
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.