[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think most of us can agree that submissions in general are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 2e16f6414963585.jpg (20KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
2e16f6414963585.jpg
20KB, 350x197px
I think most of us can agree that submissions in general are the cancer that is killing wrestling because they either don't look painful or look like they are they should be easily escaped. There are exceptions however so let's try and list some of those. I'll start with some

>armbar
>ankle lock with grapevine
>kimura
>triangle choke
>gogoplata

I've seen all of these used in WWE but they are rare these days. Most of those are legit martial arts moves too. Are there any submissions that aren't used in real fights but actually look like they would be painful and/or hard to escape from?
>>
Liontamer
>>
>>1912901
Liontamer
>>
Asuka literally used the Ankle Lock this past week.
>>
>>1912901
Submissions are great, it's just that today's charisma vacuum jobbers can't sell for shit so they make them look like ass.
>>
bank statement
>>
>>1912901
Crossface chickenwing is great.
>ankle lock
>rare
Asuka uses it all the time. The problem with submissions is that you have people struggle in them for ridiculous lengths of time before escaping. They look weak as shit. A submission should be a tap out within 10 seconds once it's fully locked in.
>>
Bear hug?
>>
>>1912901
I think the main issue with submissions is how rarely they are tapped to. Clean pins are rare enough, especially at the top of the card, and tapping out is clearly (and wrongly) seen as a burial. Then you get stupid shit like Ryback-level wrestlers passing out instead of submitting.

Thinking about it, most of the newer guys don't even have submissions, or at least not finishers. Shield/Owens/Zayn/Neville/Balor/New Day/Bray etc.

I...I think it might be the women keeping it alive, lads. And Rusev.
>>
>>1912931

It was refreshing when Del Rio debuted and he was tapping people out with the cross armbreaker in about 4 seconds.
>>
Sharpshooter when done by Bretman, Owen and Family Man Chris Benoit. Everyone else sucks at putting it on especially the Vigilante Sting and The Dwayne
>>
>>1912988

Sami has the Koji Clutch but he's barely done it since NXT.
>>
>>1912901
Have sex pinhead
>>
>>1912901
18+
>>
>>1912993
it was alwats great to see how he set it up too
>>
>>1912995
Did people tap to it, or was it just Blue Thunderbomb-tier?
>>
>>1913014
it was basically a second finisher and people did tap
>>
>>1912993
And how Lesnar's kimura was basically treated like death before le suplex city meme took over
>>
A lot of subs are used in puro but the best sub imo is the simple chokehold. I thought it was a filler move used just to call spots and hulk up off but the way MiSu and Shibata use it changed my mind. MiSu looking like an absolute sadist taking joy in choking the life out of his opponent while Shibata chokes them out, sits them down then runs off the ropes and punts them.

Chokeholds and cranks should be used more.
>>
Arm bar.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>1912901
>called it the ankle lock before when shamrock used it
>obviously a toe hold
>>
>>1912988
American Alpha use the Ankle Lock in big matches.

Revival have some cool Figure-4 variations as well.
>>
>>1912988
I've been watching 1998 WCW because I'm interested in Jerichos heel run right before he went to WWF, and one thing I've noticed is how much more often people used to tap to submission holds. I'd say on any one Nitro card of 7-8 matches you'd have about 1-3 submissions. I think once MMA rose to popularity it made tapping look weak.
>>
>>1912901
This thread stinks of wew

> armbar
> ankle lock
> good
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1912901
I always skip Kyle O'Reilly, Zack Sabre Jr and other submission wrestlers matches.

They are going as fuck.
>>
>>1914745
Boring not going.
>>
>>1914745
O'Reilly is good though. Sabre can fuck off.
>>
>>1914745
>>1914747
>not watching KOR
>can't spell

Dumb-as-fuck shit taste pleb.
>>
>>1912901
>I think most of us can agree that submissions in general are the cancer that is killing wrestling
Yup, I didn't watch the last ep of CWC because Perkins won all his matches with a submission.

Submissions only work when they are done immediately following a power move, and even then they are a weak looking finish.
>>
>>1912901
>they either don't look painful or look like they are they should be easily escaped.

and this is somehow better than lying on the ground in a fake stupor waiting for the fatass you're wrestling to climb the turnbuckle, motion to the crowd for two minutes and then do an elbow drop? Professional wrestling is so fucking garbage I don't know how anyone watches it. If you do then please kill yourself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.