[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryback The preshow Stopper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: Ryback-Laughing-600x250.jpg (30KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ryback-Laughing-600x250.jpg
30KB, 600x250px
Source: Conversation With The Big Guy

On episode nine of Conversation With The Big Guy, former WWE Superstar Ryback talked about the office's reaction to his 'Pre-Show Stopper' weight belt, being told to stop using CM Punk's signature moves, and why he left WWE.

> "They were so furious with that weight belt. Yeah, they were so mad. Cone kept telling me, 'they go 'take off the weight belt'' and I kept saying, 'tell them to f--k off.' And during the match, I was already checked out, I was gone, and I said, 'I'm going to have fun one way or another,' but I had to cut out, like Cone kept going, 'no more CM Punk stuff, no more CM Punk stuff' and I had, I was going to do the running knee into the GTS and not cover him, like, to really… they were eating it up, but we got cut on time, as always."

Additionally, Ryback admitted that while he always gave his all in the squared circle, he completely checked out by WrestleMania 32.

> "I tried desperately that entire last year to work everything out and I really, really truly wanted to stay, but I had outside interests and I have other things that I'm doing now that being there was not allowing me to do. And the reason, and Vince, and we talked about it before, and the way they used me, my last couple of months there, and had me on the pre-shows was because I didn't sign their contract."

> Ryback continued, "I wanted to see if he was going to [keep] his word to me, and he didn't. And he probably booked me that way and didn't do what he said, for the most part, although he has lied to me before, it was because I didn't sign that contract right away. And so, it was sort of a game of chicken and I was sticking to my guns, so I was already far checked out those last couple of months. Come WrestleMania, I was fully checked out."
>>
Cryin' Ryan Reeves is the biggest self-mark in the business.
>>
>>1911091
hi phillip xD
>>
>>1911087
He's just chatting shit in hope more people will book him for shoots etc, I read his indy bookings are quite sparse
>>
File: Straight to the floor.gif (4MB, 479x262px) Image search: [Google]
Straight to the floor.gif
4MB, 479x262px
>>1911096
>his indy bookings are quite sparse

Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>1911096
>indie companies don't think he can draw
>Ryback think Vince was out of touch for not letting him main event Mania against brock
>>
People underestimate the big guy's stardom.

In the WWE, he was more over than Matt Hardy ever was.

And in the indy scene he is bigger star than Kurt Angle is.
>>
>>1911105
Is Carter's new gimmick being more delluded than crying Ryan?
>>
>>1911103
It was Vince! He ruined the Ryback brand!
>>
>>1911101

Didn't ryback say in one of his little podcasts that he purposely threw him away from the table? This man needs to stfu if he ever wants another job.
>>
File: UZMOclz[1].gif (3MB, 369x205px) Image search: [Google]
UZMOclz[1].gif
3MB, 369x205px
Ryback IS CM Punk
>>
>>1911096
Fun fact: Ever since leaving WWE six months ago, The Big Guy only had four dates, in such stalwart prestigious promotions as Northeast Wrestling, WrestlePro (where he won the Tag Titles along with the owner of the promotion) and Heroes and Legend of Wrestling, where he won their Heavyweight Title, congratulations on finally being THE guy, Big Guy.
>>
>>1911162
he'll wrestle Matt Hardy in November or something
and Matt must be one of the top guys in the indies now (after Angle)
>>
>>1911087
>> "They were so furious with that weight belt. Yeah, they were so mad. Cone kept telling me, 'they go 'take off the weight belt'' and I kept saying, 'tell them to f--k off.

BASED Rydraw
>>
>>1911162
Isn't that because Ryback insists on setting a stupidly high price for bookings? He thinks he's worth A-List prices essentially.
>>
>>1911235
That and he has a reputation for hurting people which makes it so people don't want to work with him.
>>
They might have had something with him if Brad Maddox didn't hit him in the dick when he was hot.

He didn't have to win, just not lose like that.
>>
Still love the Based Guy. These stories he's making up are hilarious.
>>
>>1911215
>#BROKEN Meme Hardy is a top indy guy

I doubt he even cracks the Top 10.
>>
>>1911256
>a fast-counted rollup following a low-blow from a crooked referee

How could he possibly have been any more protected?
>>
>>1911278
he does alright but its very niche since he's not really a good wrestler or in shape

wcpw is doing one of their ppvs named after him so I guess he's gonna get some loot for that
>>
>>1911278
>Matt isn't a top 10 most popular indy guy of 2016
>not a top 10 most popular wrestler of 2016 in general

wewlad
>>
>>1911282
Hi Phil
>>
>>1911282
It's just a cheap shitty finish is all if he's not going to ever win the title let him actually lose instead of using it as a prop to push Maddox

Maybe if he eventually won but he got a screwed finish and never actually gets the belt?
>>
>>1911285
MarkCulture isn't even a Top 10 indy lad.

>>1911290
>Hi!posting

What a clever, well-thought out response. Really fired up the ol' neurons.
>>
File: 1423609001314.gif (2MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1423609001314.gif
2MB, 344x203px
>>1911096
>not even the bush leagues think he will draw a single dime
>>
>>1911297
>to push Maddox

Did you forget that Maddox's first match was him getting ruthlessly squashed by Ryback?

>if he's not going to win job him out clean

Don't think you know how protecting works.
>>
>>1911298
But I didn't use an exclamation mark
>>
>>1911298
>MarkCulture isn't even a Top 10 indy lad.

In terms of pay they have to be
>>
>>1911304
>Did you forget that Maddox's first match was him getting ruthlessly squashed by Ryback?

No I mean as a character not as a wrestler
>>
>>1911298
>MarkCulture isn't even a Top 10 indy lad.

They probably are. They've had a lot of meme-buzz this year for bringing in big-ass names.
>>
>>1911307
A money-mark can pay out the ass for somebody but that doesn't make their promotion big-time.

>>1911314
They're not even a Top 3 BritWres company.
>>
>>1911320
>They're not even a Top 3 BritWres company.

But Bongladesh has some pretty fire indie feds, as they're not under the authoritarian thumb of the WWE.
So they can probably be outside the Top 3 of Bong, but still in Top 10 overall.
>>
>>1911329
>implying 4 of the top 10 indy companies worldwide are BritWrest

Doubtful. Can you even into rankings?
>>
>>1911342
>>implying 4 of the top 10 indy companies worldwide are BritWrest
>Doubtful.

Not really. Watch some, sometime?
>>
>>1911278
18+ kiddo
Get a clue
>>
>>1911342
>>1911349
Yeah that's perfectly believable.
>UK has always been into wrestling
>it's a first world country with the means to develop numerous promotions
>as stated, not under America's thumb

Realistically it should be the promised land alongside Japan and Mexico. Everything else is either worthless or skullfucked by WWE.
>>
>>1911349
It's not a remark on their quality lad.
>>
>>1911355
>defending a meme wrestler with memes

...actually yeah that works.
>>
>>1911314
>Small attendance due to small venues
>Were giving away their wrestling for free until recently
>All online, meaning zero TV deals or exposure
>Bring in the most expensive talent like Angle or Del Rio
If whatculture are even close to making a profit from their promotion, I'll eat my own testicles.
>>
>>1911379
Businesses take time to make profits, it doesn't happen overnight dumbshit.
>>
>>1911087
I actually like Ryback. I think his views on wrestler pay equality is completely senseless however.

If you pardon the memes, I really do hope he goes on the indies and gets more experience and in-ring personality so he can come back one day. We need more big guys and he's the biggest guy of them all.
>>
>>1911307
What Culture still struggles to sell the O2 in Newcastle which is 400 seats.
>>
>>1911597
>I actually like Ryback. I think his views on wrestler pay equality is completely senseless however.

I like him too, but I think he's right about pay equality. If you're midcard and you're so constrained that you have all your promos written and you're not allowed to do anything creative so you're at the mercy of whoever wants to make you a babyface or a heel, then yeah, you should be getting the same cash as who you're working with.

If it was such that workers still had some say in their character and their promos and getting over (and weren't mercilessly buried the moment they DO get over on their own like Ryder), then he'd be wrong.
>>
>>1911617
This, it's ridiculous that your pay grade should be determined by factors completely outside of the work you put in.
>>
>>1911617
I disagree. I like to look at it as if it's a film cast. Let's use The Hunger Games for example.

Jennifer Lawrence was the lead role and she was paid accordingly. She had no input to her character and she couldn't change any of the script they requested her to speak.
Willow Shields, the girl who plays Primrose had a much smaller role and was paid significantly less. She had no input to her character and she couldn't change any of the script they requested her to speak either.

By Ryback's logic, Lawrence and Shields should have been paid the same amount because they had no say in how their characters ended up. This is flawed logic because one was a bigger draw and had a bigger role to play.
>>
>>1911651
THIS
>>
>>1911651
WWE decides who becomes Jlaw and who becomes willow shields though.
>>
>>1911662
So do casting/directors for a movie. It's exactly the same thing. Is Nic Cage going to act like a petulant child cause he got paid peanuts for Ghost Rider whereas RDJ got billions for Ironman? Hell no
>>
>>1911651
You'd have a much better point, but their pay was decided BEFORE they finished filming. Wrestling paychecks on the other hand are driven by how much merch you move. The key factor in this is that how much merch you sell is largely dependent upon your character and how you're booked. It's shown numerous times that when you allow talent to go out and get themselves over with things THEY want to do, they will most likely do it. Take a look at Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Cena's rapping, Austin, New Day, etc.

If you're going to script what someone says, what moves they can do in the ring, finishes and everything else, it doesn't make sense to still have a pay system based on merit.
>>
>>1911676
Nope, you are wrong. Merch is on top of pay. Everyone starts on roughly the same pay, when the contract is renewed the money is raised depending on dates worked and value to the company.
>>
>>1911651
this really isn't a very good comparison at all
>>
File: dabigguy4.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
dabigguy4.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>1911087
DA BASED GUY!
Stuck to his guns and waited for his contract to run out or they could agree to a new deal, didnt do it the losers way.
>>
>>1911682
>Nope, you are wrong. Merch is on top of pay.

No shit. I didn't mean to imply that it was and Ryback didn't either.
>>
>>1911668
>Is Nic Cage going to act like a petulant child cause he got paid peanuts for Ghost Rider whereas RDJ got billions for Ironman? Hell no
didnt he actually? i remember he got salty as fuck that the superhero movies started making bank and that he started it for them.
>>
>>1911683
Of course it is. Both require actors to fill roles and they both get paid for the roles you play.

The only difference is in WWE, the more merch you shift, the more leverage you have to negotiate a better contract which will see you get pushed more.

>James Ellsworth should be paid the same amount as John Cena because Ellsworth doesn't have control over his script, moveset or who goes over.
>>
>>1911691
I've never heard that coming from Nic, but Wesley Snipes famously tries to take credit for starting the superhero movie boom with Blade every chance he gets.
>>
>>1911698
>Of course it is.

no, it really isn't

>Both require actors to fill roles and they both get paid for the roles you play.

do they get bonuses based on whether or not they're the good guy in the film?

with movies your acting ability matters more than anything when it comes to how you get paid in your next role

wrestling has shown time and again you can be a ring god and still get shit on, you can cut promos and still get shit on, meanwhile roman reigns who can do neither gets pushed to the moon and his pay increases accordingly with his merch sales
>>
>>1911711
>meanwhile roman reigns who can do neither gets pushed to the moon and his pay increases accordingly with his merch sales
Once again ignoring the fact that he's an actual draw because your opinion matters more than facts.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLq_JG0gjGs/?taken-by=thebigguyryback22

lmao what
>>
>>1911651
I disagree with Ryback, but I also disagree with this example.
Wrestlers are cooled off and heated up as WWE sees fit. It's unfair in some cases, and they're shacking a wrestler's ability to draw, in a way that directors don't shackle an actor's ability to act.

>>1911723
>Roman Reigns is a draw
lmao
>>
>>1911096
surely he would've gotten offers from pedo feinstein from rfvideo and sean from kayfabecommentaries by now, right?
>>
>>1912119
Okay, so Heath Slater should be earning the same as Brock Lesnar, right?

And Reigns is factually a draw. Please take off your IWC/Smark tinted glasses and clean the underboob sweat.
>>
>>1912161
>Okay, so Heath Slater should be earning the same as Brock Lesnar, right?

I said I disagreed with Ryback, ya dummy

>And Reigns is factually a draw. Please take off your IWC/Smark tinted glasses and clean the underboob sweat.

t. Afa and Sika
>>
>>1911087
Ryback is a mediocre wrestler that can't even cut a promo. His gimmick was high intensity and his "finish him" line which he had to stop using.

He was over at the wrong time and CM Punk wasn't going to let him get over. Things might of been different if he did win the title and was still booked as an unstopable beast but he wasn't, and he couldn't find another way to get over. Paul Heyman couldn't even get him over. The guy thinks he's hot shit but hes not, he didn't improve as a wrestler, and thats why he ended up being a jobber which a guy with his look can't recover from
>>
I have never once in my life tuned in to a WWE show thinking "Oh, I hope Ryback has a match tonight."
>>
Who the fuck is Ryback?!? This motherfucker thought he was enough of a draw to face LESNAR at mania. Being a "Big Guy" doesn't mean shit if you're a walking botch machine that can't talk and can't wrestle.
>>
>>1911142
this is actually better than cm punk's
>>
>>1912220
>CM Punk wasn't going to let him get over
Vince McMahon didn't let him go over
>>
File: laughing-heyman.png (81KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-heyman.png
81KB, 265x265px
>>1911101
Damn... As much as I hate Phil, that's concrete plus the other table hitting him in the back of the head.
>>
>Years later and Ryan is still obsessed with Phil
>Months after being fired and he's still complaining every week about WWE
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>1911583
Whatculture manlet detected.
>>
>>1912317

kek this is so true

Phil spent what, 5-8 minutes out of a ~2 hour long shoot to bury the guy and then never even mentioned him again, and Ryan has literally been seething about it for years.

absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>1911583
That would mean they're not one of the Top 10 indies, pillock.

>>1911597
>and he's the biggest guy of them all.

kek you need to watch more wrestling
>>
>>1911091
Hey Phil!
>>1911094
Hey Ryan!
>>1911096
Hey Phil!
>>1911101
Hey Phil!
>>1911103
Hey Ryan!
>>1911105
Hey Ryan!
>>1911109
Hey Phil!
>>1911140
Hey Ryan!
>>1911141
Hey Phil!
>>1911142
Hey PhRyan!
>>1911162
Hey Ryan!
>>1911223
Hey Ryan!
>>1911235
Hey Phil!
>>1911241
Hey Phil!
>>
>>1912610
>kek you need to watch more wrestling
Yeah, and you need to watch less. Get a haircut, take a shower, wear fitting clothes and develop hobbies outside of wrestling. Please, I implore you.
>>
>>1912220
>Paul Heyman couldn't even get him over

Right, its not like Paul Heyman was promoting Lesnar while managing Cesaro and Ryback treating them like insignificant trash.
>>
>>1913209
Paul wasn't promoting Lesnar at the time, Lesnar is only on WWE for Wrestlemania, Summerslam, or Royal Rumble/Survivor Series ( Usually just one), Paul cuts promos for him no more than 3 months out of the year, and he was managing Ryback and Ceasaro during the long layover between Lesnar's events, if he said anything about Lesnar it was to put over the other two
>>
File: 2016-10-29_203203.jpg (93KB, 942x469px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-29_203203.jpg
93KB, 942x469px
>>1913220
Just explain how this gay ass shit was supposed to get Ryback over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr6VR2Pisb0

Admit it, Heyman buried Ryback instead of getting him over. By the time Lesnar came back, Ryback was done.
>>
>>1913237
It was actually entertaining until Punk came out and basically buried him (again).

The thing with Ryback is he actually had potential to be a decent face or heel, he played the high intensity role which worked good in the ring but his mic skills were flat, his move set was average, and he could never figure out the right look.

Creative should of booked him better and messed up but Ryback isn't complete innocent. He got backstage heat for being too into himself, and just reading his interviews you could tell he had a bad attitude, he was always whinning and complaining. On top of that he was mocking CM Punk by using his moves during the time WWE was plaqued by the crowd taking over the show with "CM Punk" chants and Ryback only fueled them by doing that.

He might of had the cards stacked against him but so did Dean Ambrose, but Dean kept his mouth shut and did what he was asked and was able to stay over and eventually got a title reign which no one expected and just figured he would stay midcard.

Before Ryback left he was beginning to get over again, and its not out of the question he could win the title on Smackdown down the line if he stopped being a prick. The big guy has a big mouth and didn't do himself any favors writing that open letter criticizing WWE and how they pay the stars, he had some good points about how they weren't compensated enough for travel but saying jobber should make as much as the top guys was asinine, and he purposely brought up shit everyone knows the WWE doesn't want discussed or mention, and he did that to piss them off, and he's delusional enough to think WWE might still resign him right after he said it. The shit he pulled guarantees WWE won't consider resigning him for a long time
>>
>>1911342
ICW recently sold out one of the arenas in Glasgow if I remember right for a few thousand folk, was commented as the biggest indie gate in years. Do you actually learn shit or do you just stupidly assume your whole life?
>>
>>1912970
Great post.
>>
>>1911597
I don't think it is completely garbage.

It takes talent to get a guy over
Like if a guy is getting him over he should get some kind of cut for that.

Watch the cactus jack wwe debut for example. The smarks knew about jack, but HHH selling his entrance instantly put jack over for people that had never heard of the character before.

Point is, if you are feuding with someone and doing a good job putting them over. You are by design hurting your status and merch sells and helping theirs.

If you are feuding with someone you should get a cut of their merch.
>>
>>1913167
>get BTFO
>memeshit

>>1913702
Did you actually read the rest of that conversation or just get triggered by 1 remark?

(It was the biggest BritWres indy gate in decades, not the biggest worldwide)
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.