[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucking insane is Vince to keep doing house shows? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 06_show_set2[1].jpg (49KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
06_show_set2[1].jpg
49KB, 686x384px
How fucking insane is Vince to keep doing house shows? They're not televised, they don't usually get high attendance rates, they place unnecessary strain on the wrestlers, nothing important happens, and all it does is provide extra opportunities for your talent to injure themselves. Literally how is this a good idea?
>>
House shows are a source of income.
>>
>>1910565
House Shows allow wrestlers to test gimmicks and moves, it's basically practice...
>>
Would attendance for smackdown and RAM be better if they got rid of house shows? Because I bet some people only go to house shows because they might be a bit cheaper or because theyre closer to where they live, so they don't even bother going to the actual televised events
>>
house shows make money you fucking moron. especially when wrestlers arent paid per appearance now
>>
File: Big Money Vinny.jpg (228KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Big Money Vinny.jpg
228KB, 658x370px
>>1910565
You know Big Wealth Vinny loves to keep that green paper with dead presidents flowing, he's a billionaire for some reason, dumbass.
>>
>>1910583
Why can't they do that in dark matches on regular once-a-week shows? Why work your roster five, six days a week and make them travel to bumfuck nowhere, Kansas to risk injury and work non-canon matches in front of 2,000 people just because "some guys might need the practice?" It doesn't make any sense. They're a source of revenue, sure, but it doesn't seem like the gains outweigh the cost.
>>
>>1910565

House shows basically cost whatever it is to rent the building and the minimal production costs.

They don't have to sell very many to make money on the shows.
>>
>>1910565
You're retarded, OP. House Shows are one of WWE's biggest money makers.
>>
>>1910603
>why is practicing multiple times per week in front of different crowds better than practicing once per week

I DON'T KNOW!
>>
House shows and merch are the only fucking income this company still makes.
>>
>>1910565

house shows in small towns are fucking mistakes

I went to the house show at MSG in July and there were atleast 10-12k there. Considering the garden holds like 17k that's not bad.

Going to glens falls new york is a major mistake considering it's literally in the middle of nowhere and the surrounding areas aren't populated outside of vacation season (lake george)
>>
>>1910603

They get more than 2,000 people on average.

But say the average ticket is like $40, a crowd of 2000 is still a gate of $80,000.
>>
Ticket sales and merch sales make them profitable, my man. And guess what, if a kid goes to a house show and loves it, that's a fan who will watch the Network, buy the toys, go to more shows, etc., etc.

Wrestlers aren't gonna work their ass off in front of 2,000 people, either. Sure, there's wear and tear, but they're not going fucking all out in Topeka, Kansas. These are pros, they know how to mitigate injury risk.
>>
File: mrfw.jpg (53KB, 554x468px) Image search: [Google]
mrfw.jpg
53KB, 554x468px
>tfw live in New Mexico and only WWE live events come here and never any televised shows
>>
if wwe didnt do house shows they would be bankrupt.
>>
>>1910694
>Living in New Mexico

kek
>>
why dont they make their house shows cross brand?. Theres no reason to really have seperate smackdown and raw shows if house shows are non canon. Plus more incentive to go see them if they involve wreslters from different brands fighting each other which you normally wont see on tv.
>>
>>1910694
I don't know the feel, my man.

>Live in Michigan
>Raw came to the Joe on my birthday
>Smackdown will come in December
>Getting a new arena soon
>Due for a PPV
>>
>>1910700
>>1910714
worse part is i moved from LA for this job and now im realizing there is nothing to do out here.

well 3x the pay is sort of nice but its really boring here.
>>
>>1910724
If you're makin' dosh, why not take a trip to a surrounding state for a PPV?

Treat yourself, go to the fucking Rumble.
>>
>>1910694
>live in Australia
>WWE don't even have the balls to televise a raw here
>had to see Finn Gaylor vs Seth Rollins
>>
>>1910750
We both know why, my friend.
>Raw from Australia
>Seth is cutting a promo about sparkledick or whatever
>Fan runs in
>OI FUCK OFF CUNT, WE'RE FULL
>Glasses Seth
>>
Think of it like a band. They make a small amount of money with their albums (ppv), singles (weekly tv), but the real money is in live touring (ticket sales, merchandise). And Vince has his hands in all of it (band manager).
>>
>>1910750
I'm guessing you don't have foxtel?
>>
wew lad
>i for one don't understand the business whatsoever
Gates from live events are a major source of income, friend. That's not to even mention their other uses.
>>
>>1910758
I'd pay money to see this
>>
>>1910664
deduct venue hire, production costs, security and stewards, refreshments...
>>
>>1910588
Yes but part of the appeal of televised events is that actual storyline stuff happens at them; if storyline stuff happens at a house show, it's a rare news-worthy event
>>
>>1910694
>>1910714
I live in southwest Ohio and for some reason this place is surprisingly popular for WWE to hit.

Though they tried doing Smackdown near me I think last year or early this year and there were so few people that the half of the arena the hard camera was on was mostly empty.
>>
>>1911149
...and you still get a profit
>>
>>1910565
You stupid little kid....

Why don't you bother actually knowing about things before you star running your mouth about them?
>>
>>1910603
Hey man leave Kansas alone
>>
>>1910565
House shows are one of the three major tentpoles for WWE (the others are TV rights fees and network subscriptions).
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.