[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever dream of becoming a professional wrestler? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Did you ever dream of becoming a professional wrestler?

What made you give up on the dream?
>>
Fuck no. What sort of man would want to walk out in front of an arena of strangers, oiled up, wearing just their pants, and then lose a pretend fight to a guy much weaker than you in real life?

You have to be seriously damaged to get involved in pro wrestling.
>>
>>1905897
Well at least you'd never have to worry about jobbing to a guy much weaker than you IRL.
>>
I live in eastern yurop where the amount of wrestling fans is probably around a few thousand at most spread across the whole country

I never had a chance
>>
>>1905895
Because the actual lifestyle seems pretty shit.
>>
>>1905909
Hmm eastern europe,what country?
>>
Sure, but I was an unathletic fatfuck well into my late teens.

Now I'm somewhat tall and fit (6'2" 235, like 13% bf) but probably too old, just turned 27.
>>
>>1905920
Poland

If I'm not mistaken there's 1 (one) wrestling school in Warsaw and that's it
>>
Of course.

Never stood a chance, but also getting older and learning how awful life is on the indy scene. You moonlight and put your body through Hell and pray someone big notices you among a hundred other guys just like you.
>>
>>1905922
desu senpai 27 is still decently young. DDP started training at 35 if I recall.
>>
Currently pursuing it. Told myself when I was younger when I'm in my 20s and I had nothing else going on in my life, I'd give it a shot.

No one I know around me gets it. I'm 28. I've been in and out of the hospital because I'm injury prone. I'm not charismatic. I want to quit, but something in me says this is where I need to be. It's like it's a calling, I can't explain it. I'm delusional as fuck.
>>
File: 1453563424271.jpg (36KB, 425x419px) Image search: [Google]
1453563424271.jpg
36KB, 425x419px
>>1905895
>5'8
I never had a chance
>>
>>1905947
>Height mattering
>Even for local or indie shows

All you gotta do is turn your short height into part of your character. It won't matter if your build is good enough.
>>
File: SamShaw.jpg (128KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
SamShaw.jpg
128KB, 450x675px
>>1905934

stuck in the indie circuit must be a nightmare.
>>
>>1905895
Always wanted to but I'm way to short and way to skinny
>>
I want to start training soon, but I don't have any money. I'm 6ft 1 and 19 years old, ottermode, played australian rules football at a decent level. Do I have a shot?
>>
I worked some indy and yardie shit half a decade ago. i got way too fat and stopped caring bc i was spiraling into alcoholic depression. Now im trying to lose the weight but i think im done with the ring. best i can do is show some of my friends who are starting how not to kill themselves or someone else.
>>
File: 1477292873063.png (55KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
1477292873063.png
55KB, 281x355px
I literally got worked by worked heights as a teen.
I'm 6ft tall and could probably bulk up ok, but I always thought I was a bit too short to have any real success so I didn't even consider starting training.
Oh, what a stupid fucking mark I was.
>>
>>1905956
>be indie wrestler
>go to indie show to see some friends backstage
>overhear booker saying they need somebody to go through a barbed wire table
>offer to do it
>"are you sure, it only pays twenty bucks and a hotdog with choice of ketchup or mustard."
>look at booker
>stare him dead in the eye, our souls interwoven
>"Choice of ketchup or mustard? You can set the table on fire if you want to."
>>
I had a slight following in the Indy scene around my college.

I had a buddy who did the lighting for them, one night they needed a guy to accept an "open challenge" from the heel champ.

I just had to be unknown and take the pin after a choke slam. I showed directly after work, so I was still in a suit. For some reason, the crowd really liked me and the heel got nuclear heat.

A few weeks later they asked me back - a face was challenging that heel for the belt, and they wanted me to manage the face. I went to Goodwill and found a crazy plaid suit and wore that. Huge pop again.

For the next 3 months I managed the face and wore crazy Goodwill suits and cheap 5 dollar sunglasses.

Then I was leaving to go home for the summer and had to be written off. I rigged Christmas lights in my suit and had a sweet entrance and everything. A new masked heel destroyed me and my client with a steel chair, then powerbombed me through a table and smashed my sunglasses. I never showed up again since I got too busy with school and work.

I made about 500 bucks for the entire run, but it was so much fun.
>>
>>1905991
stevie?
>>
>>1905991
>didn't drop out and become the GOAT manager
>didn't make it to WWE and make managers relevant again
>not there to speak for Goldberg and feud with Hayman

You blew it.
>>
>>1905895
Looks like Warrior was skipping leg day a lot here.
>>
>>1905895
Toyed with the idea for like 4 years.
I played college football (small college you probably never heard of...and wasn't good)
6'3 245 lbs and studied karate since I was 8 years old (father is a blackbelt)
After football was done in really was thinking about giving it a shot. But while worker I ended up fucking up my back pretty badly. Herniated 3 disks in NY back and was barely able to walk for almost 6 minths. Back hasn't been right since. Now 33 years old and realized that the chance has past me by. Just too old to start and nowhere near in shape like I use to be.
Getting married and starting a family also hurts any chances for trying now. Kinda wish I gave it a shot to at least see if I could have done it.
>>
I dreamed of being in the big stage and getting that huge win and pop, but I never really had a dream of actually having to, you know, work for it. That ain't for me.
>>
>>1905935
DDP and Batista (who was also like 33 when he started) are rare. You simply don't see many guys getting into the business that old. It takes years of training and after 3-5 years of developmental you will be pushing 40. Unless you have a great look, most promoters will simply not be bothered because you are too old.
>Boogie Man tries out for Tough Enough
>Looks great
>has tons of charisma
>gets called out a few times for being to old
>mind you he lied and said he was 30
>They find out he was actually 40 years old
>cut him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DWVXUkSS78Q
>>
>>1906134
>
>>1906134
Bad News Allan(Brown)was 30 when he trained to wrestle. Granted he was a judokas who won a bronze in the Olympics. Antonio Inoki trained him in the toughest dojo in the world then next to Verne Gagne's.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.