[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Puroresu thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 44

>japanese cartoon image board
>no japanese wrestling thread

Genuinely surprised that there's no puro talk on here, let's change that. Anyone watch anything outside of New Japan, like DDT or Dragon Gate? Any Joshi fans around? Recently I've been watching Michinoku Pro, featuring this guy, I think it's pretty cool.
>>
>>1905122
we dont talk about criminal wrestling here.take that shit to woo
>>
>>1905134
What's criminal is The Golden Truth being on TV every week
>>
>>1905134
fuck off wwe babby
>>
>>1905122
>Anyone watch anything outside of New Japan, like DDT or Dragon Gate?

Yes, BJW
>>
This board is wwe only now fuck off
>>
>>1905263
>& Wrestling

That would actually mean WWE doesn't qualify, because it's not Wrestling.

Ask its owner: he'll tell you himself.
>>
>>1905259
I'm not big on deathmatches but I got some BJW queued up. I'm pretty new to puro in all honesty, is Big Japan really bigger than NOAH and All Japan now?

>>1905271
Containment board for sports entertainment when?
>>
File: MDRxBeW.gif (3MB, 390x320px) Image search: [Google]
MDRxBeW.gif
3MB, 390x320px
>>1905259
Based BJW. Best heavyweight wrestling on the planet honestly. No flippy shit. Just hosses absolutely mauling each other.
>>
>>1905292
BJW for the past few years has focused less on its death match division and more on their 'Strong' division. I'd suggest you read the BJW reviews from this site to see which cards interest you the most since some cards will be more death match focused and others more Strong focused:

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/

And yes currently BJW is more popular than All Japan and Noah.
>>
>>1905295
>Mom! I did the meme again!
>>
File: BJW2.2-3.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BJW2.2-3.gif
1MB, 320x240px
And some more BJW gifs.
>>
File: CoxJurdWcAAd8BD.webm (2MB, 490x274px) Image search: [Google]
CoxJurdWcAAd8BD.webm
2MB, 490x274px
>>
File: selling a taunt.webm (3MB, 710x398px) Image search: [Google]
selling a taunt.webm
3MB, 710x398px
>>
File: e1bU6qA.gif (3MB, 390x320px) Image search: [Google]
e1bU6qA.gif
3MB, 390x320px
>>1905307
>>
File: entrance.webm (3MB, 464x350px) Image search: [Google]
entrance.webm
3MB, 464x350px
>>
>>1905318
Oh man, Marufuji is something else.

>>1905329
fucking lol, Tajiri's reactions made my day
>>
>>1905300
I think I might go with their Ryogoku Hall show. I already have it queued up (right before one of DDT's Ryogoku Hall shows) and if you can get a great match out of Akebono in 2016, it's worth a watch.
>>
>>1905318
what event was this at?
>>
>>1905375
during the g1 this year
>>
>>1905373
DDT is more of a comedic promotion, but still entertaining. Also most of their fans are females kek. You'll see how most of the crowd is women. It's funny to think how men and women in Japan both equally enjoy pro-wrestling.
>>
>>1905383
Out of everything I've watched so far, DDT might be my favorite. I noticed the difference in crowd demographics from what I've seen so far. New Japan seems to be your typical wrestling fans, DDT has much more women, Dragon Gate has more children, and All Japan and NOAH seem to have a lot of ghosts.
>>
i'm thinking of dumping wwe subscription and keeping njpwworld

i wish they'd subtitle some more of the documentaries and the cmll shows were available from us ips though
>>
>>1905400
Must be easy as hell to get laid as a DDT wrestler.
>>
>>1905329
it was awesome until Muta started "walking"
>>
>>1905430
it's part of the older muta gimmick
>>
>>1905383
DDT comedy is mostly in the undercard, their main event is more serious.
>>
>>1905295
>>1905317
WWE is literally more "outlaw" than New Japan.
>>
File: AS20140827000218_comm.jpg (97KB, 459x640px) Image search: [Google]
AS20140827000218_comm.jpg
97KB, 459x640px
>>1905297
The best heavyweight wrestling is on one of Kenta Kobashi's shows

The idea of his company is amazing
It's called Fortune Dream
He made a lot of money being a hoss and likes it a lot so he books hosses and sexy girls to beat the shit out of each other for his amusement and dimes while he looks like an evil businessman who is still incredibly jacked up after retirement
>>
>>1905564
watching fortune dream 3 now and I didn't expect this amount of self wankery, literally just videos of him and then later half hour of him talking
>>
File: le movesguy here.jpg (47KB, 408x580px) Image search: [Google]
le movesguy here.jpg
47KB, 408x580px
>>1905516
> WWE is literally more "outlaw" than New Japan

That feel when a wewtist tries to talk to you
>>
>>1906159
That's what I'd do if I was as wealthy as him and respected enough to get away with it
>>
>>1905329
what is this from?
>>
>>1906191
https://youtu.be/8bC73Xdm3Vs
>>
>>1905122
It's a damn shame that NOAH's losing its audience, it's still a solid promotion and Marufuji is great
>>
>>1906172
You also need to be GOAT
>>
>>1906329

AJPW would like to have a word with you
>>
>>1905134
Steiner Bros
Vader
Stan Lariat
Lesnar
Angle
Scott Hall
Hulk Hogan
Dr Death Steve Williams
Cactus Jack

All wrestled in Japan and kicked ass. You dont like either of those guys?
>>
>>1905122
Love njpw its less inventive but consistent in its quality and the characters are more fun. I dont understand a lot of japanese but can get the jist of things through the visual cues, audience reaction and enthusiasm of commentary
>>
>>1906520
>the state of All Japan

They better make Kento Miyahara the ace like yesterday.
>>
>>1906592

Wasn't he supposed to be their ace, if Go Shiozaki never jumped ship from NOAH?
>>
>>1906606
As far as I know they're building him up to be the ace. He's in the middle of a lengthy first run with the Triple Crown title.
>>
File: poldora.jpg (57KB, 661x885px) Image search: [Google]
poldora.jpg
57KB, 661x885px
>outlaw wrestling
>>
File: Picture0018-1-2.jpg (19KB, 408x474px) Image search: [Google]
Picture0018-1-2.jpg
19KB, 408x474px
>Bullet Club
>>
>>1906847
>>1906878
Thanks for the bumps
>>
File: lariat.gif (3MB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
lariat.gif
3MB, 284x210px
who /hansen/ here
>>
I've never actually taken the time to get into this stuff, but I watched some modern NJPW recently, and it was fucking awful.
It was literally an episode of RAM but with less promos and a very slightly better match at the end of the show.
What's the deal?
>>
File: virginranger.jpg (50KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
virginranger.jpg
50KB, 543x960px
>who /hansen/ here
>>
>>1906897
I don't think wrestling is for you
>>
>>1906899
I generally love NJPW's specials. Was I misled on their normal shows or something?
>>
File: 1424045119472.jpg (47KB, 1004x652px) Image search: [Google]
1424045119472.jpg
47KB, 1004x652px
>I've never actually taken the time to get into this stuff, but I watched some modern NJPW recently, and it was fucking awful.
It was literally an episode of RAM but with less promos and a very slightly better match at the end of the show.
What's the deal?
>>
>>1906903
what show are you talking about
>>
File: notchtip.jpg (57KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
notchtip.jpg
57KB, 500x309px
>The best heavyweight wrestling is on one of Kenta Kobashi's shows
>The idea of his company is amazing
>It's called Fortune Dream
>He made a lot of money being a hoss and likes it a lot so he books hosses and sexy girls to beat the shit out of each other for his amusement and dimes while he looks like an evil businessman who is still incredibly jacked up after retirement
>>
>>1906897
New Japan has been in somewhat of a zombie mode this year what with losing a lot of their big names. And all the 6 to 8 man tag matches can be incredibly repetitive. They still have great matches fairly consistently though.
>>
>>1906167
That feel when somebody has no comeback and just posts their hat collection.

>books NWA Title defenses
>affiliated with other promotions

WWE hasn't done either of these since the turn of the millennium.
>>
>>1907843
New Japan has rebounded spectacularly from losing their #3 & #4 guys, the only real problem is still OKADA WINS LOL
>>
>>1906891
What a thrilling life you must lead.

I'm sure your mother's very proud.
>>
>>1906890
>tfw Hansen is the most popular gaijin wrestler of all time in Japan; even more popular than Hogan
>>
File: yamato-dragon-gate.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
yamato-dragon-gate.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
Who /DG/ here?
>>
>Io Shirai and possibly Kairi Hojo to join WWE
>The state of joshi puroresu
>>
>>1908026
Best promotion in the world currently. Not even a competition
Shame Tozawa is off to be filler in some shitbird WWE pissbreak division
>>
>>1906159
Fortune Dream 3 was dank as fuck, nigga. Though I am getting tired of the draws. But that main event with all the fucking chop battles and destroyed chest meat was sublime.
>>
File: YujiHino.jpg (26KB, 252x352px) Image search: [Google]
YujiHino.jpg
26KB, 252x352px
>Kobashi consistently booking Yuji FUCKING Hino for Fortune Dream shows
He truly is the GOAT
>>
>>1908498
Hino is based. He somehow has a more savage chop than Okabayashi. I wish he'd show up in BJW though.
>>
Any good website to watch puro? watchwrestling sucks
>>
>>1908523
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg?amp;usp=drive_web
Doesn't have anything that gets put on any streaming service (so no NJPW, Stardom, WAVE and soon to be DDT) but everything else you could possibly want that airs is in there
>>
>>>/wew/

Stop spamming this weeaboo shit.
>>
>>1908026
I think if the average /asp/ poster watched a full DG show they would have a meltdown because of the finisher barrages
>>
>>1908553
But /asp/ is nothing but WWE babbies, isn't that what they're used to?
>>
>>1908026
Sell me on it. The only puro fed (and currently only wrestling fed) i watch is New Japan, but i was interested in DG for a while. What makes it so great?
>>
>>1908557
It's basically the Japanese version of lucha libre with a heavy focus on stables and team matches. The wrestlers are also a lot more colorful and over the top compared to New Japan. Dragon Gate is entertaining enough. I mean it's pretty much impossible to be bored when watching any of their cards, but I can see it definitely not being for everyone.
>>
>>1908557
Have you seen a Cena PPV match?
It's that level of annoying, but with worse wrestling.
>>
>>1908564
Don't listen to this trailer park mark. The average DG match is nothing like a Cena match. The roster is almost entirely cruiserweights and they wrestle as such.
>>
>>1908557
They're okay, they are very spotty, and nothing unique.
Their best was Apollo, which probably tells you a lot.

>>1908566
>trying to drag a decent thread into shitposting

Please stop.
>>
>>1908557
To add on to what >>1908562 said, they're also one of the best promotions in the world currently for character interactions between the roster - not just between people feuding, but between teammates and friends
For feuds though YAMATO vs Shingo Takagi has been the main storyline this year and has been legitimately excellent and a contender for the best feud in wrestling in 2016. Every interaction they had was great and their blowoff match at Kobe World, DG's biggest show of the year, is a MOTY candidate easy
>>
>>1908572
>Their best was Apollo
lol you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>1908575
He's right
>>
>>1908572
>Their best was Apollo
This isn't even remotely true and you know it. CIMA, Takagi, Mochizuki, YAMATO, Tozawa, Susumu, Doi, Yoshino, etc etc etc are all better wrestlers than Crews. They're not all as athletic, sure, but they're better wrestlers
>>
>>1908576
See: >>1908575
>>
File: Tips moderately attractive lady.jpg (51KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tips moderately attractive lady.jpg
51KB, 597x600px
>>Their best was Apollo
>This isn't even remotely true and you know it.
Never in my life have I seen capable professional wrestlers such as CIMA, Takagi, Mochizuki, YAMATO, Tozawa, Susumu, Doi, Yoshino, etc etc etc they are all better wrestlers than Crews. They're not all as athletic, sure, but they're better wrestlers
>>
It's really sad how much you guys actively hate wrestling
>>
>>1908557
It's trash for shut-ins
You'd like it ;)
>>
>>1908584
It's just sports entertainist fat shits venting their insecurity.
>>
File: fuuuuuuuuuuck-suplex.jpg (66KB, 630x380px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuuuuuuuck-suplex.jpg
66KB, 630x380px
>WWE mark shitters on this board don't even know the glory of Strong BJ
What are you, gay?
>>
>>1908525
To follow off of this post, I recommend anything in the M-Pro, DDT, or Dragon Gate folders. I haven't gotten around to the Big Japan stuff but judging from this thread and a few articles I read, it's REALLY good.
>>
>>1908572
>shitposting himself
>the state of you

>>1908562
Exoticos and everything. Pic related, I know how you neckbeards love your traps.
>>
>>1908619
this is the most wrestling discussion this board has had in a while with a couple people posting pictures of hats, what a derail
>>
>>1908995
Big Japan is great, yeah. I'm guessing most western fans only really watch the Strong Division stuff, which is fucking dope, but the Japanese fans are absolutely crazy about the deathmatches and they can be pretty fun, most of the time they're just ridiculous and silly. Yankee Two Kenju are a great tag team and are super over so even if you're not a deathmatch guy you should watch them
Strong BJ - Sekimoto and Okabayashi - are the big draws of the Strong Division but there's also DDT's Shuji Ishikawa, current champ Hideyoshi Kamitani who is crazy good for how young he is, Daichi Hashimoto (Shinya's son), Kazuki Hashimoto (no relation), Hideki Suzuki (who was trained by Billy Robinson and is fucking great as a big surly bastard), loads more. It's just a division of boys kicking the absolute shit out of each other and is never not fun. Also Ryota Hama
>>
>>1908589
it's one dude
>>
>>1908619
This has been good. You posting hats that go largely ignored isn't some master trole
>>
>>1909663
Shuji Ishikawa ispretty entertaining, I've only seen his stuff in DDT and an All Japan match he worked. Also got to see Sekimoto vs. Zeus for this year's Champion Carnival finals. I'm pretty hyped for when I get to Big Japan on my playlist, I'm one AJPW show away from the first show.
>>
>>1909517
>>1909785
Ignore him, he's probably some autist dribbling apple sauce all over his John Cena merch and massaging his chode to the "women's revolution"
>>
>>1910181
You need to watch Ishikawa's BJW singles matches against Sekimoto, Okabayashi and Kamitani. Not a single one is below 4 stars. All 4 of those guys are amazing really.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzR9dC7GO0

This is the match that made me fall in love with BJW. There's an unfortunate botch early on, but they recover quickly and absolute destroy each other for the rest of the match.
>>
>>1908380
>based vince finally gonna make dollars off of smarks' yellow fever.
>>
>>1908380
...did I miss some newz?
>>
>>1910248
Any thoughts on Isami Kodoka? I watched him drop the KO-D belt to Harashima in Ryogoku and was impressed, I heard he does a few deathmatches?
>>
>>1910647
He's good, but I prefer him when he's tagging with Miyamoto. And yes he does do the occasional death match along with his tag partner, but they're both good enough to not be death match wrestlers. But their death matches are the most entertaining death matches BECAUSE they're good enough to not do them.

In fact they did a death match recently in BJW that was very good. It was on the October 14th card. Highly recommended if you're interested in his death match work.
>>
File: zeus2.png (172KB, 632x350px) Image search: [Google]
zeus2.png
172KB, 632x350px
So I'm watching some All Japan, to see if the state of the wrestling matches the state of their crowd numbers. All the hype around Kento Miyahara is legit but my favorite guy has to be Zeus aka Japanese Batista.
>>
>>1910468
Wrestling Observer reported WWE has offered contracts to Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo from Stardom.
Io has expressed interest and will probably join in 2017. Kairi is unsure whether she wants to stay or move to WWE, but has expressed interest in doing so in the past.
>>
>>1910707
>>1910647
Kodaka and Miyamoto are probably the most over tag team in Japan right now and both are great, yeah. Kodaka is a loveable idiot and I think you need to see his deathmatch antics to truly appreciate his special brand of goofiness

>>1910764
Put the strap on Zeus, he's ready brother
>>
>>1910854
>Kodaka and Miyamoto are probably the most over tag team in Japan right now and both are great, yeah. Kodaka is a loveable idiot and I think you need to see his deathmatch antics to truly appreciate his special brand of goofiness
Just watched another deathmatch of theirs from last year and it was good.
>>
>>1910880
See if you can track down Kodaka vs KUSHIDA from Smash in 2010 or 2011, that's a good 'un as well. Not a deathmatch but Kodaka still blades like a minute into it
Main event of that show is also Syuri vs Kana which is a good match
>>
>>1908525
What happened to the Dragon Gate folder? It seems to be gone.
>>
>>1911017
Try signing out of Google or hitting Ctrl+F5. There's a bunch of fucked up things that seem to keep happening and that usually solves them
>>
>>1911020
Still doesn't work for me. I checked his account on rutube and apparently a all of the DG stuff got taken down. Again I don't know if this is only a problem on my end but maybe he removed the folder while he relocates the videos?
>>
>>1911028
Nah, they're pretty staunch on not deleting anything. The NOAH folder disappeared a few days ago and they had it back up pretty quick. Checking now it's the same for me, I assume they'll fix it at some point today
>>
>>1911030
Yeah that rutube stuff started working again for me for whatever reason? I don't know, I just hope everything is up soon since I've yet to watch this year's Kobe World.
>>
>>1908525
What the fuck man, that's an insane amount of content. Thanks for sharing the link.
>>
>>1911046
Literally everything that has aired on Samurai TV or Gaora in 2016 along with a bunch of old stuff
The RealHero guys are the fucking best dudes
>>
I love Kamitani's finisher. It's like a slightly safer version of Dr. Death's Backdrop Driver.
>>
>>1911086
Backdrop Driver is the best shit
Hiroyo's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDiej160ek8
Morishima's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQd1JhNpOgM
>>
File: MeanHighlevelAndeancondor.webm (387KB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
MeanHighlevelAndeancondor.webm
387KB, 320x184px
>>1911097
Well I just made this: my very first webm. I know it's shit but I couldn't find a gif of Kamitani's Backdrop Driver.
>>
>>1911123
Is that AJPW's Nomura getting dropped?
He had a really good one against Daichi Hashimoto at one of the D-RIZE shows
>>
>>1908562
When can i find recent streamings? I tried but found nothing
>>
>>1911133
Looks like the Dragon Gate folder on the RealHero Archive was deleted, so I don't know. It might come back up. I dunno if Dragon Gate has their own streaming service.
>>
>>1911135
One of the RealHero dudes said the folder is down for maintenance and will be back up in a few hours
Dragon Gate don't have their own streaming service and GAORA often goes on takedown sprees for uploads because for some reason they want no-one able to see Dragon Gate ever. If not for the RealHero drive/rutube your only option would be to pay for iPPVs on Nico, which is probably the worst streaming site in existence
>>
>>1910767
Wow, and this is even before their US TV debut!
>>
>>1911338
>!
>>
>>1911344
Guard pls. It's just a cardboard box.
>>
The Dragon Gate folder on RealHero is back up

>>1910854
Hasn't he been a finalist in both of All Japan's tournaments this year? If they weren't building up Miyahara I'd absolutely want the strap on Zeus
>>
>>1911385
He has, yeah. Was in the final against Miyahara in the tournament for the vacant Triple Crown and then against Suwama in the Odou tournament finals. It's crazy how much he's improved in the past year alone
>>
>>1911389
Oh so three tournaments then? He lost to Sekimoto in the Champions Carnival final, I didn't know about the Triple Crown tournament
>>
>>1911350
Sensible chuckle.
>>
>>1911965
Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one as well. Guess Zeus is next in line for them then. I'm glad, cause he's good and Suwama has seriously lost a step since being out injured
>>
>DDT tomorrow
>Dragon Gate/Tozawa's last match before WWE on the 3rd
>Lethal vs. the MVP of 2016 New Japan on the 5th
>Stardom right after

So much good puro in the next 8 days
>>
Curious BJW anon here. I started on Death Mania IV today. So far so good, although this Akebono match has been DDT-levels of ridiculous. It's a good thing, as I've enjoyed this match the most so far, but I wasn't expecting to laugh this much watching Big Japan
>>
>>1912267
Hama is a godsend. There's a lot of comedy in BJW to be honest, with Hama, Takayuki Ueki and Yankee Two Kenju running around. A lot of the deathmatches are inherently ridiculous
>>
>>1912308
No Hama here, he wrestled a tag match with Yankee Two Kenju the match before. This was Akebono vs. The Brahmans and another tag team.

On a similar note, Abdullah Kobayashi is goddamn insane.
>>
>>1912267
BJW offers a little bit of everything for everyone. I actually watched Death Mania IV, too, yesterday. Pissed me off how dead the crowd was. Wish they could do every show at based Korakuen Hall.
>>
>>1912497
There were quite a few empty seats, at one point they went to the hard cam and I could've swore there was an entire row on the right side that was empty.
>>
>>1912213
Really pulling for Best Match Ishii & TACOS in the Tag Titles match

>>1911989
arigato anon
>>
File: bgwdi6Y.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bgwdi6Y.gif
3MB, 320x240px
https://rutube.ru/video/c4ba5f02d11b5fb6abb791e57e0cd119/

This match is so fucking good it's ridiculous. And that nuclear hot Korakuen Hall crowd.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z74kTlkCrw&feature=youtu.be

K-Hash has been dope since coming back, and he's pretty much unrecognisable now he's dropped so much weight and gotten ripped. Can't wait for the inevitable K-Hash vs Daichi match
>>
>>1913045
If it's one complaint I have about some of the indie guys it's that sooo many of them end up blending together to me. They have that same shoot style with the stiff kicks and bad attitude, the same general style of wrestling gear, hell even the same body build. I mean it's still entertaining as hell, but it makes me wish SOME of them would actually adopt a more flippy shit style and I'm not even a big fan of flippy shit.
>>
>>1909663
>Hideki Suzuki (who was trained by Billy Robinson and is fucking great as a big surly bastard)
I want to like this guy, but I have the same problem with him that I do with almost all catch-style wrestlers: their inability to adapt to their opponents style. They force their opponents to catch wrestle throughout the match and it's just so fucking dry. In fact I would say the best match of Suzuki's I've seen so far was him in a tag match against based Twin Towers. He tried to force them to catch wrestle at the beginning and they both basically told him to go fuck himself and forced him to wrestle THEIR style and he actually ended up being exciting because of it. If he would do a better job of adapting his catch wrestling to the BJW Strong style I'd be a huge fan because he is a mean bastard.
>>
>>1913106
I think his feud with Nakanoue has shown he *is* capable of it. I wonder how much of it is down to the fact that he didn't really have that many matches in the first 5 or so years of his career and they were spent pretty much entirely in IGF
>>
>>1913120
To be fair I haven't seen a ton of his matches; just some of his work in BJW. So I could be missing a lot of his good matches. But I found an article about him on voicesofwrestling.com and they list a few of his must-see matches so I'll try finding those.
>>
>>1913102
Honestly I think you only really need one little thing to stand out. Like, compare Kazuki Hashimoto to Daichi Hashimoto - Daichi is instantly more memorable to me because he has that blue sash, so already I have a thing I associate with him. Fujita Hayato looks like a lot of small Japanese guys except for the fact that he shaves his eyebrows so I will always recognise him
I agree though, I watch a lot of older shootsyle stuff like BattlArts and UWF and trying to differentiate anyone on a low quality tape is fucking impossible
>>
http://keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com/post/152423202100/ajpw-news-the-full-event-card-is-now-released

At least All Japan is going out with a bang. Some of those names are pretty insane, from Ikemen Jiro to Chavo Guerrero, to Takeshita from DDT. And if they draw even half of what New Japan does that main event might be the hottest they've had all year.
>>
>>1913526
>going out
their business has been getting increasingly better all year, Akiyama is slowly but surely turning things around
>>
>>1913613
Have they? Are their ticket sales improving? If so that's impressive considering that their ace was on the shelf for half of the year. I am enjoying the All Japan I've watched (watching Sekimoto and Okabayashi vs. Zeus and Bodyguard as I type) and it would be sad to see a promotion like that go out of business
>>
>>1913624
They have. With Suwama out, Kento Miyahara stepped up as the ace and has had a very good run with the Triple Crown. They've also had a bunch of TC defenses on smaller shows and not just Korakuen, so that's helped pop numbers. Add on them bringing in a bunch of BJW and K-DOJO guys and things have been on the upswing for the better part of the year; I don't think they're in danger of going out of business any time soon and I think they're going to do pretty decent numbers at Ryogoku. If they make like 3000 that's a big win
>>
>>1913120
Alright I might have to change my opinion about Suzuki. I just watched his Ikkitosen Strong Climb match against Shinobu and it was great. He needs to wrestle like this in all of his matches.
>>
File: 1477791876155.jpg (181KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477791876155.jpg
181KB, 1200x1200px
>Doi has been wearing his Blood Warriors, Mad Blankey, World-1, & World-1 International gear on house shows

What does he mean by this?
>>
>>1914587
Yeah that match is great. The submission at the end looks absolutely brutal, shoulders aren't supposed to stick out like that
>>
Stardom's English social media guy, Sonny Gutierrez, is undergoing a heel turn atm apparently - he's blocking shitloads of people on Twitter and Facebook and is actively cancelling people's Stardom World subscriptions. A few of them are due to people making gifs but the others no-one knows why
I've spoken to the guy a couple of times and he's always come across as a snippy asshole so while this is next-level breakdown shit I can't say I'm completely surprised
>>
Isn't this the WWE board?
>>
>>1915010
>alternative sports & wrestling
>>
>>1915013
It's /wwe/ tho
>>
File: b2theased.gif (2MB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
b2theased.gif
2MB, 500x279px
where are the gifs and webm's boys
>>
>>1915008
Yea make it even harder for people to get into your promotion. That's always a winning strategy.
>>
>>1915015
>babbyshitters actually illiterate
>>
>>1915073
But this is /wwe/, why does that upset you?
>>
>>1915077
None of those letters are in the URL doofus.

And nobody's "upset" with your idiocy.
>>
>>1915082
But you seem upset. Why are you on /wwe/?
>>
>>1915083
Still not upset and this still isn't WWE.

At least make some effort.
>>
>>1915109
I didn't say it was WWE, I said it was /wwe/
>>
Seriously though, that hothead aside, why is this thread on the /wwe/ board?
>>
>>1915008
this>>1908380
is probably why. stardom know their days are numbered now
>>
>>1915118
Nah I think Sonny is just legit nuts
>>
Why is there an indie wrestling thread on /wwe/
>>
File: nice m8.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nice m8.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>1908380
>Asuka vs. Io is finally going to happen
>>
>>1915114
Please try harder.
>>
>>1915155
idk I thought this board was a continuation of the /wwe/ general on /sp/
Are they from another website? Are these Redditors?
>>
>>1915162
Try harder to do what lad?
>>
>>1915167
Read.

/asp/ ≠ /wwe/
>>
File: sad-batista.jpg (22KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
sad-batista.jpg
22KB, 642x361px
>>1915160
>in WWE
>Asuka is like 4 years past her prime
>>
>>1915169
But this is /wwe/
>>
>>1915170
This, would have been a lot nicer if Nanae and Kana didn't hate each other so we could have had it years ago
>>
>>1915164
I think they're from 420chan
I dunno why they're shitposting on /wwe/ instead of just talking on wooo. Mods should crack down on this.
>>
>>1915172
>babby /sp/ed shitters can't even read
>>
>>1915172
>>1915193
>hey lets reply to each other saying the exact same thing in every post
pretty sure this is one guy talking to himself
>>
>>1915193
>>1915207
I'm just asking a question lad
>>
>>1915045
Based Naito, blowing Bullet Club's merch sales out of the water.
>>
>>1914587
He has a singles match coming up with Nakanoue on (I think) 11/22, if it's anything like their tag match interactions it'll be straight fire and definitely more of what you're looking for
>>
>>1915010
>three hell in a cell matches
>none properly built up

Enjoy your sewage-tier payp m8
>>
>>1915970
I'm not watching HiAC tho???
>>
>>1915956
OKADA WINS LOL getting the IWGP Title back after 2 months and 1 defense was infuriating.
>>
>>1920459
Incredibly, but I do like him in the Nakamura spot, being the Intercontinental champ. They've been teasing an LIJ-Bullet Club feud for 2017, it should easily be their hottest feud between Wrestle Kingdom and Dominion if it happens.
>>
>>1920634
>implying Omega is winning at Wrestle Kingdom
>implying that feud will be for the title IF it happens
>>
>>1920640
I'm implying Naito is winning at Wrestle Kingdom. The IC title is basically belt 1-A to the World Heavyweight Title now, and if that feud were to take place with Naito as over as he is, who would Okada feud with that could generate that kind of heat. Tanahashi again? Goto? Shibata?
>>
>>1920634
>it should easily be their hottest feud
Omega and the Young Bucks are the only good things about the Bullet Club now though.
>>
>>1920634
This is BS because Sanada desperately needs to be in some title picture. He's been fucking amazing
>>
>>1920831
Change that to "Omega is the only good thing about the Bullet Club"
>>
>>1907892
>implying Nakamura wasn't their number 1 guy
>>
>>1922832
>implying Nakamura doesn't fear Big House Hashi
>implying Nakamura has drawn any dimes compared to Big stars Okada
>>
>>1922832
He wasn't, by sheer dint of the fact that he wasn't positioned in the main event
Most popular guy, sure
>>
Old Toryumon Japan stuff is hella good, of all the matches I was planning to watch in my lifetime Genichiro Tenryu vs. Genki Horiguchi was not one of them
>>
File: mantoy.jpg (155KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
mantoy.jpg
155KB, 500x667px
Currently downloading a Manami Toyota pack from XWT and I'm still amazed at how fresh these matches feel.
>>
>>1915968
Just watched his match against Masato Tanaka in Zero-1 and I no longer hold a low opinion of him. It was better than his match against Shinobu, but I finally noticed he does all the dry catch wrestling at the beginning of his matches then starts wrestling a more traditional style while still using his catch techniques.
>>
>>1924207
Yeah, old Toryumon is great. Have a stack of DVDs I'm working my way through and it's all a lot of fun. Which show was Tenry vs Horiguchi on?
>>
>>1922832
He wasn't even their #2 guy.

>>1920846
SANADA only debuted earlier this year, give it time.
>>
>>1924261
That's part of being G.O.A.T
>>
>>1924261
I love based XWT for having packs like that. I found one with 100+ Kana matches
>>
>>1925023
7/13/03. What really caught my eye was the Do Fixer vs. ItaCon 6-man from this show
>>
>>1925098
Sweet. I think my DVDs only cover early Toryumon/the beginnings of Toryumon 2000, so I'll have to track that down
>>
>>1925092
Wish someone would make a couple of freeleech packs for the top Stardom girls.
>>
>>1920459
You know it's actually pretty good that he dropped it, since it let Naito feud with Tanahashi and the New Japan army while keeping Tanahashi out of the main title scene. And now Okada can feud with Kenny.
>>
>>1925301
Why couldn't Naito have just defended the IWGP Title against Tanahashi?

Where's the bad in that?
>>
File: shin.jpg (74KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
shin.jpg
74KB, 600x413px
>>1922887

He WAS though. Inoki brought him in and gave him a mega push. He defeated Tenzan for the IWGP title his first year, main evented a tokyo dome show the next month, won the IWGP tag belts with pre-Ace Tanahashi, unified the 2nd & 3rd IWGP belts when he beat Kurt Angle, and did a lot more.

Tanahashi didn't become their #1 guy until after 2010
>>
>>1925448
>WAS

Yeah, and back then Goto could still actually win big matches. What's your point?
>>
Watching the latest AJ Phoenix show. Really wish this wasn't recorded at what seems like 10fps because it's a super fucking good show top to bottom so far. This Fuminori Abe kid is going to be a big deal in a few years, he was over as hell with this crowd and he's pretty slick in the ring
>>
>>1925448
He WAS, but he wasn't at the time WWE signed him which is what the point was
[spoiler]And they sent him to Mexico for seasoning after all that because he was boring anyway[/spoiler]
>>
File: miss_gf.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miss_gf.png
21KB, 400x400px
>tfw I cant watch NJPW because I used to watch it with my gf, but now she left me, and everything about it reminds me to her.

Life is Pain bros
>>
>>1925525
Watch Dragon Gate instead and love Jimmyz instead
>>
File: CIMA1.png (326KB, 448x625px) Image search: [Google]
CIMA1.png
326KB, 448x625px
>>1925558
This

Dragon Gate has the best matches, storylines, characters and memes.
>>
>>1925525
That's kinda pathetic brah. Man up and buy yourself a bodypillow you faggot
>>
File: sasadango-powerpoint.jpg (68KB, 448x298px) Image search: [Google]
sasadango-powerpoint.jpg
68KB, 448x298px
>>1925583
>best memes
I love Dragon Gate but come on son
>>
http://joshicity.com/joshi-match-recommendation/

This site uploaded a ton of based joshi matches to dailymotion so check that shit out.
>>
>>1928590
It's a shame Wilson is an embarrassing old mark and a creepy fucker at that
Don't ever meet your heroes
>>
>>1928999
I don't know what you're talking about and I'm afraid to ask.
>>
>>1929166
Kevin Wilson is the guy who runs joshicity and purocentralshop, he's one of those joshi marks who thinks every joshi wrestler is great solely because he wants to fuck them all
Also is a big Stardom shill
>>
File: 431573245.jpg (148KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
431573245.jpg
148KB, 768x1024px
>>1929184
Nothing wrong with wanting to smash a joshi queen like pic related or, more appropriately, wanting her to smash you. Meiko Satomura is based as fuck by the way. Probably has the cleanest technique out of all the joshis I've seen so far. She reminds me a lot of Bret Hart in how she does everything perfectly.
>>
>>1929370
I would rate Meiko as slightly above Io in the "best joshi in the world" stakes
Shame her vs DASH for the Senjo title didn't make tape
>>
File: scorpio rising.gif (2MB, 270x203px) Image search: [Google]
scorpio rising.gif
2MB, 270x203px
>>1929399
She even has a nifty finisher. Honesty looks more impressive than the Shining Wizard.
>>
>>1929451
Yeah, it's very unique. Really glad she doesn't bust it out that often, either
>>
>>1925448
Tana was most popular 2009 to up. Rest was nobody but old guys.
>>
>>1929737
Did beating Mutoh at WK3 boost his popularity significantly? I've been putting off watching their match but just judging from the results/the timing of the match, it seems like a big turning point in New Japan's history.
>>
>>1929737
>>1929893
domo arigato Big Match Hiroshi
>>
Dragon Gate is bold running a show in the same building as Power Struggle, two days before.
>>
>>1931767
Ehh, they've had a good year attendance-wise and sold out at Kobe World so I imagine they'll be fine
DG core crowd is very different to the NJPW crowd anyway
>>
>>1931767
>>1931834
Also worth pointing out that the Osaka area is DG's home turf
>>
>>1931834
>DG core crowd is very different to the NJPW crowd anyway
How so?
>>
>>1931951
They have a lot more women, for a start (I'll let you guess why) and attract a lot more young kids as well
They also just have a pretty dedicated fanbase in general and never really try to expand beyond it which is why they've managed to be so consistent for years
>>
>>1931988
Japanese women love that young, tight wrestle meat.
>>
File: 4e5bae960ebxbhulk.jpg (43KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4e5bae960ebxbhulk.jpg
43KB, 600x900px
>>1932010
Got it in one, friend
>>
>>1932012
It makes me angry when I watch a BJW show and hear young girls calling out for pretty boys like Daichi or Nomura and never hear them call out for my boys Sekimoto or Okabayashi.
>>
>>1932019
Don't worry - Sekimoto and Okabayashi make it into any glamour shots stuff the BJW guys do because a decent amount of female fans do consider them attractive. Just not the vocal ones at shows clearly
>>
>>1932024
Oh god; for some reason you made me imagine those two doing a gravure video together.
>>
File: 523202-0.jpg (69KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
523202-0.jpg
69KB, 800x480px
I really like this picture. That is all.
>>
NOAH Global League 2016 start today. Only watched NJPW and DG. Is it gonna be any good? Where can i stream it?
>>
>>1932109
There's no current NJPW talent in the Global League which is surprising, but it still has the same Suzuki-gun dreck that's been around for far too long
There will probably be a few good matches but mostly filler, especially since NOAH is still trying to do their 30 min+ main events but without half the heat or excitement as they had in the 2000s
You can watch here, everything that airs will be uploaded shortly afterwards. Usually a couple of days, sometimes same day or just after
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg&usp=drive_web
>>
>>1932209
Thanks man. I thought things might have gotten better since they've got a new owner now.
>>
>>1932225
The new owner might help turn things around financially but the biggest hurdle as far as the actual product goes is getting rid of Jado as booker. If he stays things will continue as they have
>>
Rabbit Miu announced she's retiring at the end of the year to go get married, and Arisa Nakajima has announced she's resigning from JWP and going freelance at the end of the year
Nakajima did just win the JWP title but I can't imagine she hasn't been scouted for WWE's women's tournament; she's one of KanAsuka's crew and she'll have no doubt put word in. That and she's one of the best active joshi
Honestly the future of joshi does not look that great as it stands right now
>>
Any videos or links to the first matches of this year's NOAH's Global League?
>>
>>1932273
The first day was only earlier this morning, it won't be up anywhere yet. It'll be in >>1932209 in the next few days
>>
>>1932273
Review I read said you might as well skip it. Very mediocre.
>>
War Machine confirmed for the NJPW World Tag League, alongside a team of Brian Breaker & Leland Race. Leland is Harley Race's son so hopefully he's half as good as his dad
>>
File: War Machine.jpg (35KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
War Machine.jpg
35KB, 600x305px
>>1934886
>War Machine confirmed for the NJPW World Tag League

fuck yes

War Machine are so awesome.
>>
>>1934909
That version of War Machine is much much more awesome than this version of War Machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Machine_(mixed_martial_artist)
>>
So, who saw Tozawa's farewell?
>>
>>1934886
Tana probably liked them when he went to Harley's school earlier in year
https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/767802909840912384
>>
>>1935649
Can't believe he's off to WWE
>>
>>1910767
>poor kana won't be the center of attention if Io and Kairi show up
Will she get all pissy like the old days?
>>
>>1936274
I'm pretty sure she still has heat with Io so probably

>>1935649
Too soon
>>
>>1929893
No it was being stabbed that caused his popularity to rise
>>
>>1936277
Real talk: Io and Kairi aren't going anywhere anytime soon, Rossy will do everything in his power to keep them
>>
>>1936289
Io is going, Kairi is 50/50 and will probably be lured by that Paul money
>>
>>1935886
domo arigato Big Match Hiroshi
>>
>>1936274
>>1936277
Kana's real beef is with Nanae is it not? The tension with Io is just a side effect of that after she left for Stardom. Hopefully they patch things up because they could have some great matches in NXT
>>
>>1910767
How good are these two? I hear things about them but I don't trust some reddit neckbeard to be rational when it comes to women's wrestling
>>
>>1936739
They're legitimately great. Not just by women's standards but any. Both will be among WWE's best workers if they sign.

You'll get neckbeards that have seen a few youtube clips hopping on the bandwagon and acting like they're AJ Styles tier for sure but don't buy into that shit or you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>1936739
Top 5 in the world for women imo. Very athletic (not Naomi's shitty sloppy type of "athletic" either) but also well rounded, they're not just outlaw spot monkeys with flashy moves
>>
>>1936739
You'll be able to get a sneak preview of them when they have a guest role on a US TV program in the next month or so ;)
>>
>>1936739
Io Shirai is arguably the best female wrestler in the world currently and Kairi isn't far behind. But you could always watch their matches and see for yourself.

http://joshicity.com/joshi-match-recommendation/
>>
File: shiraisuplex.gif (2MB, 326x233px) Image search: [Google]
shiraisuplex.gif
2MB, 326x233px
>>1936739
>implying /asp/ is rational on it either
Just on the opposite side. Being real though they're very good. Relative to women's wrestling, Io Shirai is basically AJ Styles in that she can do every style and hang with any type of wrestler. Not necessarily the absolute best at everything but a brilliant all around worker, the total package.

Kairi Hojo is kind of like Bayley in that very bubbly babyface sense but unlike Bayley can go in the ring. Not quite as versatile as Io but she's a good striker and unironically has one of the best elbow drops of all time.

I'd bet money that WWE wants them in order to replace Asuka who, while still great, is getting up there in years.
>>
>>1936810
What a great move

Shame it was done by an irrelevant shemonkey
>>
>>1936810
>I'd bet money that WWE wants them in order to replace Asuka who, while still great, is getting up there in years.
That's gotta be it. I think Asuka's signing was Haitch testing the waters to see how people would react to Joshi wrestlers. Pains me to say it because I'm a big fan but Asuka is just too old to be a long term prospect

The absolute worst thing they could do is just lump Shiari and Hojo in with Asuka because hey they're all japs right xD? They need to be given the chance to make their own mark. It shouldn't be too hard, especially for Hojo since she's nothing like Asuka character wise
>>
>>1936830
neither of them are like asuka desu. all three are pretty distinctive performers. shirai can more than hold her own when it comes to technical wrestling or strikes for example but they're not her main strengths and i'd still give asuka the edge in those areas. the other two have their own thing and asuka has hers
>>
>>1936289
I agree on Kairi. Meltz put it best.
>There is a belief that Hojo doesn’t want to go to WWE so much as prove she’s better than Shirai. Among the fans, Hojo has always been No. 2 to Shirai because Shirai is considered the better wrestler of the two, even their hardcore Stardom fans like Hojo more.
>It’s been pushed to Hojo that if she stays, she’ll be the No. 1 female wrestler in Japan, but if she goes to WWE, that will never happen, and that because Shirai is the “bigger star” and better looking in WWE’s eyes along with being a better wrestler, that she would never surpass her going there.

I can see Io going for sure but Kairi has gotta be conflicted. It's basically a question of money vs. neing number 1, because Shirai will definitely overshadow her to some extent
>>
>>1936816
What a shame the best part of you dribbled down the crack of yo' mamma's ass.
>>
>>1936289
>>1936331
You didn't hear the update? Nothing's concrete but it looks like both are a lock for NXT
>Speaking of women, it now looks like Kairi Hojo is coming with Io Shirai. Stardom knew last week that Shirai was leaving and Hojo was on the verge, and was pushing for Hojo to stay noting she'd be their top star. Right now both are scheduled to stay with Stardom through about April of next year. Shirai will have her 10th anniversary big show on 3/20 at Korakuen Hall and that will be her last major event. Hojo will have a homecoming show in April and then also probably be leaving, although Stardom is trying to convince her to stay because losing one won't be so bad but losing both will be devastating
>>
>>1936830
>The absolute worst thing they could do is just lump Shiari and Hojo in with Asuka because hey they're all japs right xD?

That's not really what NXT does.
>>
How is Kris Wolf doing? Is she still improving?
>>
>>1936866
It's steadily decreasing in quality and has been for a while so I'm putting nothing past them.
>>
Kamaitachi was the time bomb and had a really short segment in which he challenged KUSHIDA for the Jr title at the Dome and showed more presence and charisma than 90% of the NJPW roster

Also >>1936739: Io Shirai is one of the best wrestlers on the planet currently (although also one of the most reckless, so I'm glad I won't see what WWE does to tone her down) and Hojo is unironically the best underdog babyface in wrestling currently; I disagree with that other poster's assessment of her as "bubbly" though, she comes across as much tougher than that description gives her credit for. But yeah, has one of the best diving elbow drops ever and her matches are just generally pretty hard hitting
If you're interested go to www.stardom-world.com and sign up for a month, it's cheap as shit and there's a load of great matches featuring both women on there. Don't be like circlejerk and go "oh man now I get to see more of these wrestlers I could have been watching the entire time but never made the effort to"
Not bitter at all about these signings btw
>>
>>1938373
Going to Mexico improve people, even Naito benefited by going to Mexico
>>
>>1938405
I think it's because they end up being heels when they wrestle in Mexico and you can invest a lot more character in being a heel than a face. I just watched one of Tanahashi's DDT matches and now I firmly believe Heel Tanahashi is best Tanahashi.
>>
>>1938405
He's also been hanging around with Daniels & Kazarian which must've helped too.
>>
So how long until Dragon Gate puts Doi and Yoshino back together?
>>
>>1939912
I really hope this is where they go with it. Speed Muscle reunion 2017 is the world I want to live in
>>
>>1938405
Yes because he stole the entire storyline and gimmick and is using it in Mexico
>>
>>1939934
*using it in Japan
>>
>These Tozawa farewells

>Shimizu: They fought together for only about 6 months, but he received so much advice from Tozawa. He will use that advice to reach the top. BUT! If they ever fight again, the winner will be Big! R! Shimizu!

>Maria said goodbye with a kiss.

>Kotoka: Bleeeeeeeeh!

>Kagetora: Go, take your dream. If anyone can do it, it is Tozawa.

>Kzy: Recalled their Brave Gate title match. He is so happy to have that memory. He promised to take up Tozawas’ role in making sure everyone is happy and has a good time.

>K-ness: Become the greatest Japanese wrestler. No, become the greatest Akira Tozawa you can be.

>Kanda: Gamma got it right. Tozawa really pissed Kanda off in those days. Sorry for hitting him. Good luck in America

>Susumu: Go, do your best in America. He will stay in Japan and carry this Jimmy name that Tozawa gave him. Stay in touch.

>Saito: Pass on your bright, cheerful style to the world. Stay in touch. (Saito noted he still only has an old flip phone, so do it by email).

>Horiguchi was in tears. If it is too rough, or he is being mistreated; come back. We will be waiting.

>Mochizuki: Tozawas’ leaving will leave a hole that can’t be filled. If he comes back to Japan it probably won’t be with Dragon Gate, but he knows Tozawa can handle whatever comes his way.

>Fujii bowed. Tozawa also really pissed him off back in the day. He never thought Tozawa would become what he is today, but he is so happy he got to see it happen.
>>
>>1940008

>CIMA: Following Kanda & Fujii he had to talk about the old Tozawa. When he brought Tozawa with him to Dragon Gate USA it was only supposed to be a one week tour. As such, Tozawa only brought enough luggage for a week. Well. CIMA changed his ticket to 6 months later without telling him. You never know what life is going to throw you, so he isn’t going to apologize. He hopes Tozawa is thankful. Tozawa is taking steps towards his dream, and CIMA is too. He will dedicate his life to advancing Dragon Gate. Let’s achieve together.

>President Okamura told him Dragon Gate will always be his family. His roots will remain planted. Go, show America and show the world that the Dragon Gate style is the best.

>YAMATO said that no one wants to see him go. From the roster to the staff to the fans, we all want him to stay. They are family. Tozawa doesn’t need to worry about them. They will meet again, somewhere. When that happens they will laugh, cry and act like idiots again together.

>Tozawa thanked everyone for their words. He never set a good example for the younger generation so he isn’t sure what impression he will be leaving with them. He thanked his elders for putting up with him while he such a punk ass kid. As for the fans, he doesn’t know exactly what legacy he is leaving behind. He just hopes they will never forget that guy called Akira Tozawa.
>>
Is this thread about NJPW? I dont know, but I've got a question.

I've only seen WK10, but want to watch G1 Climax from this year, so I started watching it knowing it was like a tournament styled thing, but it turned out that there were tag matches and stuff thrown in there too. Do these matches effect the tournament at all or are these matches for nothing? Are they skippable? I just want to watch the 1v1 stuff really.
>>
>>1940019
The tag matches mean nothing. You can skip those, & just watch the singles matches.
>>
>>1940025
thanks man, these run pretty long so ill be skipping those.
>>
>>1940027
Day 19 has a decent NOAH vs NJPW match incase you keep skipping everything
>>
File: roppongivicewins.jpg (17KB, 581x324px) Image search: [Google]
roppongivicewins.jpg
17KB, 581x324px
Roppongi Vice wins the tournament

BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>1939934
>stole
I'm pretty sure CMLL and NJPW's bookers probably decided it mate
>>
>>1939934
>stole

He was a member of Ingobernables in CMLL you putz.
>>
WWE/WCW alumni and Stardom "commissioner" Madusa was at Stardom's Korakuen Hall show yesterday and cut a promo at the start talking about how Stardom is a stepping stone for women to reach the WWE. Way to bury the promotion that booked you, lass
>>
File: LosIngobernables.jpg (174KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
LosIngobernables.jpg
174KB, 600x400px
>>1941120
so he came up with all the booking and the gimmick? nope, besides rush did it better.
>>
>>1941454
It's generally the bookers that come up with the booking, not the wrestlers
>>
NJPW World Tag League teams:

A Block
Nakanishi / Henare
War Machine
Brian Breaker / Leland Race
Yujiro Takahashi / Adam Page
TenKoji
Guerillas of Destiny
Hiroshi Tanahashi / Juice Robinson
Tetsuya Naito / X

B Block
Yoshitatsu / Billy Gunn
Kenny Omega / Chase Owens
Hirooki Goto / Tomohiro Ishii
Bad Luck Fale / BONE SOLDIER
Katsuyori Shibata / Yuji Nagata
SANADA / EVIL
GBH
Kazuchika Okada / YOSHI-HASHI
>>
>>1941454
What are you even trying to say here, you stooge?

>>1941476
>saddling Best Match Ishii with King of Choke Style

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
>>
File: gq7BLIm.png (24KB, 112x125px) Image search: [Google]
gq7BLIm.png
24KB, 112x125px
>>1941479
People have been predicting Goto/Ishii to win for months so hey at least he'll get to choke at the Dome
>>
>>1941485
Okada giving Goto a pity spot in CHAOS has gone too far.
>>
>>1941490
Goto should have joined LIJ if he had to join any faction to be honest
>>
>>1941515
It's too late for the other shoe to drop and for him to betray CHAOS innit?
>>
>>1941518
I think it would just make him look like even more of a chump at this point
>>
>>1941476
So pretty much between Goto Ishii, GBH again and TenKoji to win
>>
>>1941527
>TenKoji
What? They don't have a chance
>>
>>1941476
holy shit has it been a year already?
>>
>>1941446
Pulling a Kana desu
>>
>>1941727
Obviously she was told to say this as part of Rossy's ploy to turn Stardom into WWE's women's developmental and get that sweet Paul money. Rossy once again proven a genius
>>
>>1940037
God, that Ryogoku crowd. That headbutt. I hope we get Nagata-Nakajima at the Dome
>>
>>1941454
Go make your own thread for good lucha things

>>1941476
I would've said SANADA/EVIL to win but it depends on how EVIL's match in Singapore with Shibata goes. Tencozy or Goto/Ishii should win the tournament
>>
>>1942187
Goto/Ishii are a lock imo
That's two people who've said TenKoji now, there's no chance
>>
>>1941454
it's the same scenario. Good in ring wrestlers hated by the fans for some reason. Turn them heel and the fans love them. It's like ramen but with in ring ability and no fake push
>>
File: twintowercombo.gif (3MB, 420x225px) Image search: [Google]
twintowercombo.gif
3MB, 420x225px
>>1942834
Currently watching the BJW Saikyou Tag League Finals and I wish Twin Towers and Strong BJ could battle against each other forever. It's impossible for these two teams to have a bad or even average match together.
>>
>>1944331
Yeah they're fucking great. Kohei Sato is the meanest motherfucker
Really enjoyed the Daichi/Kamitani/Kikuta vs Suzuki/Uto/Nomura match on that show as well, although it lost some steam towards the end. Daichi and Nomura's first exchange was fire
>>
>>1942199
>Goto a lock for winning

m8
>>
>>1946637
>Really enjoyed the Daichi/Kamitani/Kikuta vs Suzuki/Uto/Nomura match on that show as well, although it lost some steam towards the end. Daichi and Nomura's first exchange was fire
Daichi and Hideki's Son need to enter into a feud ASAP. Their exchanges in that match were fucking brutal and made me finally see the light on Nomura. I also thought Yankee Two Kenju would win in the end just because that would have been a fun upset, but I'm glad Seki and Oka still get to remain on top in BJW.

Also looks like they might be setting up a future match with Kamitani against Jumbo-lite which is bizarre.
>>
>>1946734
Well he's definitely a favorite. If they really want to make 2017 the Goto redemption story they'll have him and Ishii lose to SANADA and EVIL in a decider.
>>
>>1946961
I feel like "Goto Redemption Story" has been in play for years now.
>>
>>1946755
Yeah, they had some really great sequences together in that match. Would love to see more of them against each other
Uto vs Kamitani is a little out of left field, yeah, but should still be good. They roughed each other up fierce in that tag match
>>
Just got back from Global Wars, Hero/Ishii was worth the trip alone tbqh
>>
>>1949474
Oh fuck it happened already?

Please tell me you saw cameras recording that show.
>>
>>1950241
It goes up on VOD Sunday or Monday I think
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.