[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FLOP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: reigns.png (173KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
reigns.png
173KB, 407x407px
FLOP
>>
File: 121121554464.jpg (174KB, 929x529px) Image search: [Google]
121121554464.jpg
174KB, 929x529px
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>1902035
Roman Reigns has drawn a nickel
But
NOT
ONE
D
I
M
E
>>
>2016
>hating of reigns

the state of this wannabe hipster
>>
>>1902044
>any year
>unironically liking the biggest flop ever
>>
>google WWE India
>first pic is Roman

you can't make this shit up

only turds that can't figure out basic hygienic norms could like him
>>
>>1902035
If he wasn't """"related"""" to Rock by marriage this bum ass jabroni would be homeless in Samoa
>>
>Rusev cuts a dark backroom promo
>charisma
>character
>basic-as-fuck material but stretched out with him promoting a genuinely believable personality

>Roman does the same
>means lots to me
>muh belt
>uwah
>muh
>muhmuh
>HELL
>exact same expression the entire time

What was Roman "The filthy slut" Reigns trying to convey?
>>
>>1902035
The sheer amount of catchphrases and nicknames theyve tried to graft onto this guy is ridiculous
>>
can't WWE just create an ''India'' division with him Khali, Jinder Majal and a couple of other talentless idiots so that we never see him on tv again?

He's a legit draw in India like he will never be in the US
>>
at least he got proper heat and was a draw for more than a couple of seconds like every indie darling out there.

he would have been a top player in every period in WWE other than the current clusterfuck period of ratings.
>>
>>1902071
And literally none of them have stuck.

Just look at all the attempted T-shirt designs he's had.

>>1902161
Imagine actually believing this.
>>
>>1902035
>inb4 Roman internet defense force
>>
Imagine if they put this amount of effort and time into pushing someone who was actually over and talented.

This is literally years of trying and dozens of different attempted methods of getting him over and they all failed. When do you just take the hint and realize he is never going to work, he's a flop and it's time to give up on him?

This level of stubbornness of "If we just try ONE MORE THING" over and over with him is embarrassing.
They made a mistake and picked the wrong guy, it happens, it's happened a lot in WWE over the years, they need to just accept that and move on to someone else.
>>
>>1902170
Vince is a stubborn old bastard.

>>1902130
>He's a legit draw in India

Is he, though? Has this ever actually been proven via tickets sold or merch purchased?
>>
>>1902071
I can't even name them all. They're so obviously just brainstormed in a corporate boardroom

>Believe that
>One vs all
>Assess and attack
>Roman empire
>Spear everyone
>Hit hard hit often
and all the nicknames that never stuck

>The powerhouse
>The muscle
>The big dog
>The thoroughbred

That's a big reason he doesn't connect with audiences, he's so artificial and manufactured. There's no real substance or personality there, I don't believe any part of his presentation is from the guy himself, he's so obviously designed by suits to appeal to focus groups. He's Poochie in a vest.

You can just see a boardroom presentation of "Our 18-34 focus group responded 33% better to the Believe That t-shirt than the Big Dog t-shirt". That's the sort of shit they're still banking on.
>On paper, according to our metrics, he should be over, so we'll keep pushing him til he is
Well guess what, your fucking metrics are wrong, cos he's not over.
>>
>>1902183
>I can. I will.
>>
>>1902170
>Imagine if they put this amount of effort and time into pushing someone who was actually over and talented.

They've funneled similar hours/energy into Seth, who is undoubtedly talented, but he's a huge flop, too.
Jesus Christ the state of the Shield. Only Dean can save this shit now, thank fuck he's on Smackdown.
>>
>>1902173
Mostly social media following and internet views.

There's a video on youtube about a house show over there where he legit gets a great pop too.
>>
>>1902183
>Reigns is Poochie

He truly is the next Diesel.

>>1902194
e-metrics are not proven to correlate with actual buys.

>a house show

Oh wow: ONE?
>>
>>1902173
Yeah he puts punjab butts in seats. He's over like fucking rover at every Indian show.
Indians are literal marks and Reigns is non-white. It's not surprising.
>>
>>1902187
Knew I was missing one. That led to one of the most unintentionally funny promos I've seen actually, after he lost at WM 31 when it was obvious he was originally going to win before he was rejected so thoroughly.

So they obviously had this promo done where he would go " I said I can, I will, and at WM 31 I did and I won" and blah blah. But of course, he lost, but they only changed the latter part of the promo for some reason.
So it ended up as him doing this puffed up triumphant first part then deflating nonsensically like
>I said I can, I will, and at WM 31 I...totally could have won and stuff...definitely nearly did it...
It was hilarious
>>
>>1902190
>They've funneled similar hours/energy into Seth, who is undoubtedly talented, but he's a huge flop, too.

Seth is doing a bit better though. The current state of Raw is a nightmare though.

The funny thing is that on Seth return he was at the peak of popularity and they forced a heel turn because Roman had to be the face. This is evidence that Roman is keeping everyone down. He buries talent, his faces status forces a lot of guys being heel when they are over. It's a fucking mess.

It's literally just Jericho carrying the show.
>>
>>1902198
well that's the best Roman apologists have come up with

it'd be surely interesting to see the geography of Roman's merchandise orders.
>>
>>1902202
I don't think his race has anything to do with it, because Bollymarks love Goldberg & Cena for the same reasons they do Reigns.

As soon as he's no longer the invincible unbeatable superhero they'll stop caring about him.

>>1902190
Rollins is far more over than Reigns and has been for a long time now.

At least his RAWafterMania actually drew ratings.
>>
>>1902190
Seth has been over for much of his career. Reigns has not. That's the big difference.

They did not push Rollins half as hard as they pushed Reigns because they didn't have to. When I say push here, I mean the amount of force-feeding they do with him. Trying to put him on the cover of everything, make everything about him, have commentary falsely portray him as some big star, try every trick and method possible to get him over, and so on.

It's pure cart before the horse stuff here.
>>
>>1902194
>social media following
Worthless, gives no money
>and internet views.
Worthless, gives no money
>a house show
Meaningless, everyone is over at house shows and they are not the same audience as TV.
Also, his house shows he headlines do not do good business.
>>
>>1902202
They only do one India tour a year, and it's completely, massively disingenuous to try and claim that Reigns is somehow the sole reason for the tour doing business.
No, "he's cheered at a house show" is not a good metric.
>>
>>1902212
>Rollins is far more over than Reigns and has been for a long time now.

Pops are nice, but drawing is better, and Seth doesn't.
He is over, though, somehow. I think it's still a lot of goodwill because a lot of fans wanted the face turn when they were suffering Roman's mega-push.
They were cheering him quite a lot as a heel right up until he turned, too. I think that firms that.

>At least his RAWafterMania actually drew ratings.

Not due to him whatsoever, lol. It was just the shock of a ME cash-in.
Also, the 3.7 they pulled there was fairly standard parameters for a post-Mania Raw, if I recall. This just means Roman's a massive anti-draw, nothing hugely impressive about that rating.
>>
>>1902213
>They did not push Rollins half as hard as they pushed Reigns because they didn't have to. When I say push here, I mean the amount of force-feeding they do with him. Trying to put him on the cover of everything, make everything about him

They did a lot of that with Seth, too. During his reign he was everywhere doing PR.
The only different in the volume of their push is how they were portrayed in kayfabe power, which nowadays is really secondary how heavily publicized they are. Which they're not too dissimilar on. Reigns, obviously has the edge, though, but it's just an edge. Not twice as hard or any silly shit like that.
>>
>>1902224
Of course he was, but he was the champion, it's expected, and more importantly, he was over, so it was warranted.
>>
>>1902232
>shifting the goalposts this blatantly

Also, as champ, he was doing pretty poorly in reactions aside from his Cena feud (because everyone gets over as a babyface against BMJ), and his Dean feud (because that's a modern feud people actually want to see).
Other than that, pretty shit reactions, aside from the mandatory sports-team boos shoehorned into every promo.
He has been over since the return mostly because he's the only reasonable guy to save them from Roman.
Roman is the biggest accidental star-maker ever.
>>
>>1902220
Seth outdraws Roman on house show tours.

>Not due to him whatsoever, lol.
>It was just the shock of a ME cash-in.

So it wasn't him just something he did?

Are you a moron or something?

>Also, the 3.7 they pulled there was fairly standard parameters for a post-Mania Raw, if I recall.

You recall incorrectly: it was the highest-rated episode since Rock's comeback shows in 2011 and a HUGE spike up from the lowest-rated Road to WrestleMania since 1997.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-raw-rating-rises-after-wrestlemania/

The numbers *DON'T* lie.
>>
>>1902224
I feel this would be a good time to mention that Rollins did more clean singles jobs as THE FUCKING WWE WORLD CHAMPION than Reigns has since FCW.

>>1902243
>Rollins was getting shit reactions outside of 2 feuds

Are we already making revisionist history about last year?
>>
>>1902257
>Seth outdraws Roman on house show tours.

>out-drawing an anti-draw
>impressive
'k. Don't care.
Also, the graph you're referencing was immediately post-return and pulled a small, very favourable selection of examples for Seth.
Not particularly indicative of the whole.

>So it wasn't him just something he did?
>Are you a moron or something?

It was the shock of the circumstance, not Seth, Roman or Brock.
If Seth had drawing power, it wouldn't have immediately dissipated into his reign.

>You recall incorrectly: it was the highest-rated episode since Rock's comeback shows in 2011 and a HUGE spike up from the lowest-rated Road to WrestleMania since 1997.

No, I don't. The parameters for Raw-after-WM after the cash-in wasn't a particularly huge bump from the previous year.
To further solidify the point, and tie in to the prior fact that it was the cash-in, and not Seth's (lack of) drawing power that popped the post-31 ratings: Daniel Bryan was a far bigger draw than Seth, and his Raw-after-WM popped less than the cash-in.
Therefore, it's pretty obvious to any of us with a functioning brain, it wasn't Seth, it was simply the circumstance.

>>1902261
>I feel this would be a good time to mention that Rollins did more clean singles jobs as THE FUCKING WWE WORLD CHAMPION than Reigns has since FCW.

Publicity and PR push >>> Clean jobs on your show barely anyone watches.

>Rollins was getting shit reactions outside of 2 feuds

It's true. His reign was dire for the most part.

BTFO on all accounts. Can't wait for the comeback (You)
>>
>>1902257
>>1902283
Jasethy BTFO
>>
>>1902283
>If Seth had drawing power, it wouldn't have immediately dissipated into his reign.

Conversely, if WWE hadn't been putting out unwatchable garbage for over 15 years they might actually be able to build stars.

>The parameters for Raw-after-WM after the cash-in wasn't a particularly huge bump from the previous year.

RAWafterMania28: ~5 million
RAWafterMania29: 4.61 million
RAWafterMania30: 5.16 million
RAWafterMania31: 5.36 million

The spike for 31 is even more impressive considering how ice cold WWE had been prior.

>Clean jobs on your show barely anyone watches.

Don't tell me you actually buy into the "Wins & Losses don't matter" diatribe.

>he actually cares about (You)s
>>
>>1902290
>Conversely, if WWE hadn't been putting out unwatchable garbage for over 15 years they might actually be able to build stars.

A valid point, but irellevant to the one I was making. Seth don't draw by any meaningful indicators, if he did, it wouldn't have had such a sheer-faced, severe drop-off.

>RAWafterMania28: ~5 million
>RAWafterMania29: 4.61 million
>RAWafterMania30: 5.16 million
>RAWafterMania31: 5.36 million

Yeah, that's about in-line with what I expected. When something fuck-huge and out of left-field happens, you get a nice little pop. It's actually not as much over 30 as I thought, if anything.

>Don't tell me you actually buy into the "Wins & Losses don't matter" diatribe.

They do for the positioning of characters, but in getting over brand names on your show, which is what they care more about, media backing is far more important. Both of them were given similarly huge doses of media backing.
They're basically the only two guys to received that backing in recent years.

>he actually cares about (You)s

We all live for the (You)'s
>>
>>1902297
WWE spikes for RAWafterMania every year and then drops off: by this logic even Cena isn't a draw.

>We all live for the (You)'s

Some of us actually get attention IRL.
>>
File: confused roman in australia.png (246KB, 488x505px) Image search: [Google]
confused roman in australia.png
246KB, 488x505px
>>1902299
>WWE spikes for RAWafterMania every year and then drops off: by this logic even Cena isn't a draw.

So it was just standard, if not a little exaggerated due to a unique circumstance, and not due to any of the talents in the ME?

>Some of us actually get attention IRL.

Don't you fucking lie to me
>>
>>1902304
Did you miss the part where the spike was greater than average PLUS aberrant to the previous few months?

>Don't you fucking lie to me

Sorry not sorry. Maybe you should try working on that personality of yours.
>>
>>1902313
>Did you miss the part where the spike was greater than average PLUS aberrant to the previous few months?

Because of a huge headline-making shock. Not any of the goofballs in the T3.
>>
>>1902316
You can't actually prove this either way, y'know.

Only fact of the matter is that Rollins has the highest-drawing 1st night as WWE World Champion in years.

The numbers don't lie.
>>
>>1902327
>You can't actually prove this either way, y'know.

You can't disprove the existence of unicorns. I'd expect to run across one of them before I find a dime Seth has drawn.
Seth's remaining reign doing absolute shit with such a painful drop-off is pretty telling that it wasn't down to him. How would he even pull those numbers, anyway? If the product had been doing poorly up to that point, an upper-midcard Heel such as himself wasn't going to get nearly the exposure necessary to rekindle such interest on his own merits.
All logic points to it just being a huge shock. We all saw how many news outlets picked up on that as a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.
>>
>>1902334
You can't disprove most things, m8. That's typically a logical fallacy.

Much like Punk or Bryan before him, Seth caused a momentary spike in interest that was immediately crushed because the show is still, by-and-large, completely unwatchable.
>>
>>1902337
>Much like Punk or Bryan before him, Seth caused a momentary spike in interest

It's just insulting to compare them to Seth. They both caused waves. He caused a splash during the annual tsunami, and then pissed in the water.
>>
>>1902343
We get it, you're triggered by Rollins.

Sing us a new one, will ya?
>>
>>1902350
>triggered meme

BTFO
>>
>>1902360
>openly begging for (You)s
>denial about people getting attention IRL

You're getting this L whether you take it or not.
>>
File: 8932482304.jpg (58KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8932482304.jpg
58KB, 576x1024px
SUCCESS
>>
>>1902376
>g-give me (You)'s

BTFO
>>
>>1902378
And we have reached the portion of the slapfight where the loser repeats the same unfunny meme over-and-over like a stroke victim.
>>
>>1902402
>u-u mad

BTFO
>>
>>1902402
Yet you keep replying to him instead of just completely ignoring him and letting him shitpost to himself with no attention.
>>
>>1902426
based carter
>>
>>1902190
>Deannety
Top kek
>>
>>1902435
I don't think you really understand what a Jannetty is.
It requires the other member(s) to be a success first.
>>
File: 1469743299452.png (325KB, 553x449px) Image search: [Google]
1469743299452.png
325KB, 553x449px
I don't even know if i need to comment here but i will, Roman won't be over because everyone already knows he is Vince's chosen one and they are trying to push him, once the fans see you are doing it in spite of what they want they rebel naturally, James Ellsworth is more over then Roman right now, what they need to do is just turn Roman Heel and make him do the Silent ass kicker route, maybe then he will slowly gain a following.
>>
>>1902465
It's not just that he's Vince's chosen one, it's that he sucks, too. If he didn't suck, people wouldn't be so resistant to his endless push.

He's just boring as shit with nothing to offer.
>>
File: jameselsworth.png (248KB, 435x250px) Image search: [Google]
jameselsworth.png
248KB, 435x250px
>>1902466
i did leave that out i suppose, but truth.
>>
>>1902465
Roman is over

Just not with obese smarks who hate anything """Vince""" but still continue to religiously watch the WWE
>>
>>1902737
>Roman is over

India doesn't counter fedoroman.
>>
>>1902747
Don't feed the troll
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.