[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vince McMahon To Write Foreword For WWE NXT Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: c9thtkW.jpg (65KB, 334x499px) Image search: [Google]
c9thtkW.jpg
65KB, 334x499px
- Vince McMahon will be writing the foreword for the WWE NXT: "The Future Is Now" book that comes out on April 11th, 2017. You can pre-order the book at this link. Below is the synopsis and artwork:

> The first comprehensive book on WWE's hottest brand

> NXT: The Future Is Now follows the rise of WWE's popular NXT brand from its conception to the brink of taking over WWE with its own rabid following. For decades, sports-entertainment had no centralized system for recruiting and training talent. Recognizing this need, Paul Levesque — better known as 14-time World Champion Triple H — convinced Vince McMahon that WWE must reinvent itself.

> This book delivers the revealing story of Levesque's vision and the revolutionary impact it has already had on the WWE landscape, cultivating such world-renowned stars as Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Charlotte, Finn Bálor, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, and so many more.
>>
>>1876386
>worst NXT Champ front-and-center
>best NXT Champ stowed away at the back
>Paige
>Big Cringe
>Smasha Cunts
>the man half-responsible for WWE's downfall makes the cover

HUH
>>
> A book on Memext
> Truest sign of wrestling's impending demise.
>>
>>1876394
Was Neville's reign really that good? He's a good wrestler and all but he lacks personality.
>>
>>1876386
LOL, that's ok because I doubt the fanbase of NXT actually buys real, physical books.

They will just get an e-book version & can completely skip over that bullshit with just one touch to the 1st chapter.
>>
>>1876412
Neville's reign was based as fuck because it coincided with Sami's redemption angle and he was booked as a top-tier fighting champ who killed it in the ring.
He also showed a good deal of personality, he just doesn't get to on raw because it's raw.
>>
>>1876421
Maybe I'll get round to watching it then. I've only seen Bo drop the title to him.
>>
>>1876431
It's worth it. Kidd also came into his own during it, too. Everyone was firing on all cylinders at that point.
>>
>>1876386
>The Future Is Now
>All the top stars are veterans at the tail end of their career

???
>>
>>1876386
How much you wanna bet that this book completely ignores Dusty being the real brain behind it
>>
>>1876448
What went wrong then? Why has it lost it's flair?
>>
>>1876458
>WELL READERS, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, IT WAS I, THE KING OF KINGS, THE GAME, TRIPLE H, THAT WROTE ALL OF YOUR FAVOURITE STORYLINES FOR NXT AND, 30 YEARS AGO, SINGLEHANDEDLY GAVE BIRTH TO SETH ROLLINS AND THIS BUSINESS-UHHHH
>>
>this faggot that can't give me grandsons killed my company and is throwing away my money into this money sink that has failed to produce stars. I made a grave mistake, Stephanie. I'm sorry.
>>
>>1876461
The NXT Title? Balor just wasn't that interesting of a champ. He showed up every now and then, cut an awful promo, arrived at the live special, did his paint meme-shit, had the second-or-third best match on the card, and disappeared for a few weeks.
Then it went to Joe and he transitioned it straight to Nakamura, who is basically another flavour of Balor, creatively.
>>
>>1876478
I never really got why they pushed Balor so hard if they knew he lacked any promo skills.
>>
>>1876461
They were moved to the main roster and no one gave a shit about those generic CAWs outside Full Sail
>>
>>1876421

>>1876431
This is the good start to watch NXT since it's their peak up until Owen's reign
>>
>>1876492
Appeals to kids with his demon shtick, which is a merch-machine. Appeals to older fans because he was in Japan and WWE inflates his impact over there massively.
He's not gonna be a long-term MR guy or anything because he's boring, but he has some short-lived cross-appeal I think they were using to stabilize the new brand.
Before his arm got all fucked up of course
>>
>>1876510
I'm sure he will get a huge push on his return. I'd put money on him being in the main event if Taker's last match isn't.
>>
>>1876523
If Cena's going for the WWE Title, he will probably ME whether or not it's against Taker. But I could definitely see Finn getting it, too.
Haitch would want his boy to have at least one to his name, he's not exactly young.
>>
>>1876529
Cena has a more than a few main events in his day. He's not exactly as big as he used to be either. They're sort of winding down on him. I'd expect them to push another babyface over him for the main event unless there are very special circumstances for it.
>>
>>1876549
>unless there are very special circumstances for it.

Tying Ric Flair.
They're winding down on him, you're right. That's as good an occasion as any to give their golden boy for the last decade his last ME.
>>
>>1876554
I don't think the tying Ric Flair thing is interesting enough to justify it being the main event. It doesn't really scream "new era". I do think it's mania worthy just not main event worthy.
>>
>>1876564
>I don't think the tying Ric Flair thing is interesting enough to justify it being the main event

It may not be, but is it MORE ME worthy than Balor Seth 2: electric boogaloo, or Balor vs KO?
They've already started laying the brickwork for Cena's 16th. That should speak to the investment they have in it.
>>
>>1876573
Cena vs AJ feels like it's been done to death by this point. I would rather have AJ in the main event over the ram guys though. That would be great.
>>
>>1876386
Why was Devitt forced to go through NXT anyway? He's more experienced than half the people in the WWE roster
>>
>>1876700
>half
More than that.
Because they needed someone to float the brand, and he needed to learn to speak.
He didn't do the latter, and his ring-game has stepped down severely in the WWE. So I'm not sure it was really a worthwhile endeavor.
>>
It's funny that Vince will do the foreword since he didn't attend his first nxt event after three years it was turn into fcw to nxt.
>>
>>1876386
>All about Haitch and no mention of Regal, Dusty or Ward
>Charlotte and Paige on the cover but not Bayley
>Big fucking E instead of Sami
What did they mena by this?
>>
>>1876718
Gotta have the token black guy on there anon
>>
>>1876718
I'm surprised Big E has a bigger part on the cover than Seth. He is the golden boy after all.
>>
>>1876704
>his ring-game has stepped down severely in the WWE
I get the impression he's been told to wrestle that way
>>
>>1876386
NXT is pretty much the same as FCW or OVW before it. Just entirely owned by WWE I guess.
>>
>>1876725
His in ring game is practically just drop kicks now.
>>
>>1876725
I guess that's always the looming worry. I still can't help but be distinctly unimpressed when other guys like KO, Sami and Seth have come from their backgrounds and maintained a much higher standard with a lot less hype from the company.
>>
>>1876728
and SLINGBLADE
>>
>>1876725
Look at all the other guys that come from the indie circles to NXT then to WWE

They instantly get told to drop their entertaining moves and more risky styles for the WWE """"SAFE"""" style
>>
>>1876730
>I still can't help but be distinctly unimpressed when other guys like KO, Sami and Seth have come from their backgrounds and maintained a much higher standard with a lot less hype from the company.
KO and Sami dropped a lot of their repetoire, though. KO in particular completely changed his style and finishers to the more WWE way of wrestling.
>>
>>1876808
Zzzayn has still been able to have great matches despite this.
>>
>>1876818
I guess, but as has Devitt. His matches against Nakamura and Joe were great, and his match against Reigns was pretty good.

I'd like to think his match against Rollins was shit because he was injured 5 minutes in
>>
>>1876812
Yeah, naturally. They can't go doing brainbusters and package piledrivers on the regular anymore.
But they've definitely kept up pace, whereas I think Balor has completely dropped off. His entire NXT title run was just Joe carrying him through matches and him spamming stomps until they connected.
>>
>>1876821
I thought his match with Nakamura was quite underwhelming and his matches with Joe were never show stoppers. Zayn has constantly been in the best match of the night providing he is given enough time.
>>
>>1876730
What are you on about? Balors matches against Reigns/Rollins (his only WWE matches so far) were better than anything Sami has done since going main roster. It's a fucking shame he's injured
>>
>>1876730
>Finn Balor is bad since joining NXT meme

Acquire height

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/finn-balor-3023.html
>>
File: 1443600743795.jpg (54KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443600743795.jpg
54KB, 543x960px
>>1876821
>>
>>1876386
Where the fuck is Bo Dallas on that cover, he was 10/10 in NxT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4NvpSKCEI
>>
>>1876836
> cuckterposting
> wewtist cuckterposting in defence of baloring

Shoo shoo
>>
>>1876840
What was his gimmick in NXT?
>>
>>1876851
Golden child, thinks everyone loves him but they really don't. Throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sNn_y-rkKc
>>
>>1876832
Terrible, terrible opinion. Borderline bait.

>>1876836
Yeah, don't really care about stars. Besides, he did next to nothing in those matches. The only match he gave a shit for was Nakamura. Joe and Rollins flat-out carried.
>>
>>1876832
>Balors matches against Reigns/Rollins (his only WWE matches so far) were better than anything Sami has done since going main roster

Reigns match was completely standard.
Seth did everything during that SS match (and it wasn't that special, anyway).
Sami's a bad guy to compare him to, he's better than Balor in-ring easily.
Balor is down at just sub-KO/Seth level.
>>
>>1876873
>forgetting the money in the bank and mania ladder matches
>forgetting the extreme rules fatal four way
>forgetting Zayn's matches against KO
Finn Gaylor has done jack shit compared to Zayn
>>
>>1876986
meant for >>1876832
>>
>>1876412
Bo Dallas is who made NXT but Neville had the 2nd best reign after that.
>>
>>1876505
tips fedora
nxt died right when based Bo dropped the belt, after that the show is just every smark's wet dream
>>
>>1877126
Bo is a smark darling type through and through, no different than any following champion
>>
>>1877135
You what, smarks hate BO.

See: wewtists seething at bo winning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqiZjzkevA
>>
>>1877148
That was when Bo was a babyface.
>>
>>1877154
Bo was heel and Big E the face.
>>
>>1877148
>those fatsail smarks turning their backs
wow
>>
>Vince writing the foreword to a brand he never watched until last WrestleMania weekend

Is pre-2014 NXT even on their Network yet?

>>1876493
>le "only Full Sail likes them" meme
>been a touring brand for years

Dumb-as-fuck.

>>1877164
Bo didn't outright turn heel until after his title win.
>>
>>1876492
They were hoping he'd be a merchandising juggernaut with his paint shit for toys.

That obviously failed as he doesn't sell much at all.
>>
>>1876718
Why would Bayley be on the cover? She didn't to anything in NXT other than jobbing out to Asuka and putting on shit matches.
>>
>>1880664
Sells far more than Romannetty.

>>1880679
Did you literally only start watching NXT this year?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.