[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing 2K17, /asp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: fat asses.png (585KB, 657x509px) Image search: [Google]
fat asses.png
585KB, 657x509px
Why aren't you playing 2K17, /asp/?
>>
I am.
>>
Because im gonna wait a couple weeks for when its on sale for $20
>>
>>1876094

I haven't gotten any new Smackdown game since 2009. Once I get a better PC I might. Is this one coming to PC?
>>
>>1876094
Im waiting until I can install the dumb patch, because it wont let me play any matches right now
>>
>>1876102
OY VEY
>>
>>1876094
Yukes
>>
>remove showcase
>add nothing to mycareer
>add nothing to universe
>add a shitty backstage area to have limited brawls in

Pretty much the reason why I'm not touching it.
>>
>>1876094
I am
>>
PC version gets delayed 9 months every fucking time and I don't own a modern.

I know >piracy and all, but I'd still buy it day 1.
>>
>>1876161
modern console*
>>
File: CoLQcK9WYAAn4Pm.jpg (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CoLQcK9WYAAn4Pm.jpg
119KB, 1200x800px
If the last wrestling games I played were Wrestlemania XIX and Day of Reckoning for GC, would buying this be an upgrade/worth it?
>>
>>1876168
If you like arcade style wrestling games and only that, then no. Otherwise yes
>>
>>1876176
I guess I'm not really sure what I like. They're completely different beasts then?
>>
>>1876168

If you've already got one of the newer consoles get 2K16 instead.
>>
>>1876094
I don't have time to play with no stupid Donkey Kong when there are real !@#$% that are waiting to be kicked around!
>>
>>1876183
Yes. Simulation and 'realism' based
>>
>>1876184
Dont do this
Get 14, 11, 09 or 06
>>
>>1876121
probably not for a good six months.
>>
gonna wait till it's cheap, because I don't wanna drop $60 bucks on a game that's shit every year

I might have gotten it last week if I could play as nakamura, but nahhh
>>
Who the fuck buys a game this close to Black Friday?
>>
File: GOAT.png (822KB, 640x767px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.png
822KB, 640x767px
Too busy playing a game that actually works
>>
>>1876368
probably the same cucks who buy DLC
>>
File: wwfgb.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wwfgb.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Coz I am still trying to beat all five of my opponents on WWF Superstars.
>>
>>1876504
>never drew a dime
>>
>>1876368
>six weeks away
>>
>>1876368
People who aren't complete poorfags
>>
>>1876094
Those caws on the server?
>>
>>1877001
For you.
>>
>Just got the game
>Decide to do a six man battle royal as Joe
>Fight random opponents
>Forget battle royals default to over the top rope, which is bullshit
>Kill everyone
>Get eliminated by Zack Ryder with a clothesline
>Set up Joe vs Zack on Smackdown
>Attack him on his way to the ring
>Win via submission
>Attack him after the bell and choke him out again

Even digital Joe is based as fuck.
>>
>>1876254
But 06 is on PS2
>>
>>1877069
Still better than 2K17 though.
>>
ITT: Video game playing faggots who need to gain height, have sex and get a clue
>>
>>1877868
Watch the slippery slope you're on, faggot. Vidya is twenty times more socially acceptable than oily man grappling, board flipping or toy gun fighting
>>
File: super4-hakan3.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
super4-hakan3.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>1880356
>Vidya is twenty times more socially acceptable than oily man grappling,

IT'S TIME TO OIL UP!
>>
File: 1466736341733.jpg (68KB, 680x450px) Image search: [Google]
1466736341733.jpg
68KB, 680x450px
Because I enjoy good video games you faggot
>>
>>1876168
Day of reckoning is the greatest wrestling game of all time
>>
>>1880603
>Playing it with two friends
>3vs1 against Kurt Angle on Expert
>Pick Jindrak, Cade and Flair
>Dominate him for 20 minutes but can't put him down
>All of a sudden, Angle Slams two of us, ankle locks the other
>Instant submission win!
>All three of us almost die from laughter
Those days are long gone now...
>>
>>1876094
Because it's factually garbage. And promoting it literally lowers the level of gaming. Lowers it to trash. Fuck you.
>>
>>1876094

I rented it. Simultaneously the best decision of my life not to buy it and the biggest waste of $5 I have ever encountered.

It's a glitched up turd, MyCareer is STILL utter garbage with a lack of any coherent narration and tries WAY too goddamn hard to be "meta" with its stupid fucking star rating system that sucks all the fun out of actually playing the goddamn game.

The commentary is legendarily awful. It's only Cole, King, and JBL, the three worst commentators in the history of wrestling, and 2K fucked up programming their lines, so they constantly say utterly baffling shit. Like when Corbin beats Joe bloody and Cole comments that CORBIN is clearly injured. Or when someone beats an opponent he's wrestled FOUR WEEKS IN A ROW and Cole helpfully observes how rare it is for a SuperStar to win their debut match.

It crashed on me at least a half dozen times in two days. There was another incident where Ryder didn't load into the goddamn ring for our match, even reloading didn't solve this, and I had to get counted out with a ZERO STAR rating to progress, which utterly killed my character progression for an in game month.

The promo system was a nice concept, but trash in execution. The sole goal is to work the crowd, The dialogue you choose is just a bunch of disjointed shit that gets a practically random reaction, and utterly fails to tell a story of any kind (the whole point of a My Career mode in a pro wrestling game, I would argue). It also has ZERO regard for who the fuck is speaking. Asuka and Itami speak perfect English, Undertaker will verbosely challenge people to dance contests, and so on.

The dialogue option you PICK also seems to have little relation to the dialogue you actually "speak." Speak being in quotes because none of it is voiced. Not even backstage segments with Renee Young, even though she only has literally six lines in total, even though both her AND your dude were voiced LAST GODDAMN YEAR.
>>
>>1885789

I was put into a tag team with however Xander Cage was. I will admit, tag matches were often kind of fun, because I was a total dick with attacking the other team at every opportunity, and it got enjoyably chaotic. Triple Threat matches were similarly hectic. Whereas most 1v1 encounters are Who-Has-More-Reversals, Cycle-Through-All-You-Moves-To-Cheese-Up-The-Star-Rating borefests.

Xander and I became the #1 Contender eventually. Then, multiple in game months later, having NEVER RECEIVED A FUCKING TITLE MATCH, NOT EVEN AT A TAKEOVER SPECIAL (where I faced Blake and Murphy in a Triple Threat because lol), Xander and I were unceremoniously kicked back to the bottom of the Tag Championship ranking.

Then I tried to go after the NXT championship. Same goddamn shit. No idea what you have to do to get a title match.

Rivalries are similarly poor. I called out Itami in order to spark a rivalry, which it did. We had one match two weeks later, which I one, and then a month of zero interaction later, the game helpfully informed me I was no longer in a rivalry with him.

Inexplicably, in a design decision that could only have been inspired by some bad LSD, one can't cut a promo while in a rivalry. That's right, there will be no trash talking in rivalries! Fucking idiots.

I also couldn't figure out why I couldn't choose to run in on Itami while in the rivalry.

The game is just a completely disappointing turd. I don't get a fucking wrestling game just to pointlessly bang character models that vaguely resemble Jericho and Seth Rollins together (not that this game even does THAT especially well). I get a wrestling game to create a character and then bring that character through storylines and shit, ideally ones where my match results and decisions affect how shit plays out. Shit that they can't possibly deliver on when on this cancerous Madden Cash Cow Yearly Release Schedule.
>>
>>1876094
Because I sold this POS game, which I played in total for maybe 3 hours. Fuck 2K, fuck this game, fuck those series. RIP THQ, which brought us great games such as SVR 2006 and 2007.
>>
>>1885863
The fact that you're romanticizing a company as shit as THQ tells me that you are merely a jaded fedora wearing faggot that has no valid criticism other than "the old ones wer bettur lol"
>>
>>1885938

Yeah, THQ's games were never really good after the move to PS3/360. The PS2 games were great, barring Just Bring It, but they never felt like they made a real leap forward after moving generations. People were literally begging for someone to take the license away from THQ before they went out of business.
>>
>>1876094
no PC version
>>
>>1876094

Because they won't allow me to put my educated feet to good use.

t. Lawler every two minutes.
>>
because i don't have an xbone or ps4 and still enjoy playing dor 2
>>
File: mike graham.jpg (40KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
mike graham.jpg
40KB, 300x400px
>>1876094
I'm playing it OP. Just not at the moment. It's good and worth the money. Pretty much HCTP the remake. Just need bra and panties matches to come back but I know that's not gonna happen.
>>
>>1876161
My local game store's site says it's coming out this December.
>>
>tfw I just wanna play with based naknak but didn't spend $100 on a game that I don't think is even worth $30
>>
>play a fatal 4 way match with Ziggler, Roman Reigns, Cena and Owens
>majority of the match takes place outside of the ring
>spear Owens through the barricade while Ziggler puts Cena through the announcer table
>higjlights only show me pinning everyone

It's shit.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.