[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dixie vs Paul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: i75k76.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
i75k76.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
So as the year draws closer and closer to an end, so does TNA it seems. Now the main thing to remember is the "money" issue; Dixie and company pretty much blew money on shit that failed and now owe money to investors, talent, crew, everyone. Dixie never had a good eye for wrestling yes, Paul Heyman did and we all know this. He is a genius booker and promotor; basically the oposite of Dixie went it came to the wrestling side of things. Financially, not so much.

Now talent aside, why does Paul not get so much heat for making a company go under, signing a shit TV deal, and never paying owed money to talent?

I'm not defending Dixie here at all, i think she is a fucking moron who should have never got into the wrestling business. But everyone is pissed a Dixie but Paul was off the hook, what is the reason for this?

Is the only reason BECAUSE Paul is a talented booker and such and that is the excusable reasoning for letting him get away with it?
>>
Paul got out when he should have. Dixie didn't.

>Signing a shit TV deal

You expected them to get something better than TNN? Are you serious?
>>
>>1870448
>why does Paul not get so much heat for making a company go under, signing a shit TV deal, and never paying owed money to talent?

Because nobody believed ECW was marketable to a wide audience because of how violent it was. Paul gets a pass because he essentially took an outlaw fed and made it into an influential force in modern wrestling.

Dixie is hated because TNA is a perfectly marketable company but her own incompetency prevents it from being relevant and accessible to casuals.
>>
>Is the only reason BECAUSE Paul is a talented booker and such and that is the excusable reasoning for letting him get away with it?

basically

Paul was godawful at running a company money-wise but at least he put on an entertaining show

It genuinely feels like TNA's successes have come in spite of Dixie and any other higher-ups rather than because of them.
>>
>>1870628
>but at least he put on an entertaining show
This.

ECW had really memorable spots, wrestlers and shows, unlike TNA that feels like a glorified bingo hall show
>>
>>1870672
>memorable spots, wrestlers and shows, unlike TNA that feels like a glorified bingo hall show
Who's the WWE Champion? Who makes the majority of the NXT roster now?

Also confirmed for not watching ECW. ECW had only 1 five star match, same as TNA. But TNA has had far more 4 star matches than ECW. ECW was loaded with tons of fucking shit.
>>
>>1870691
>Caring about "five stars" matches instead of the real entertainment value
Your post is the reason why wrestling is terrible today
>>
>>1870455
>>1870470
these
>>
Paul brainwashed his talent basically. His booking doesn't absolve that, he seems like a piece of shit from everything that's been said about him but gets brushed off with him being a scamp rather than human garbage
>>
>>1870763
He's a Jew, what'd you expect?
>>
>>1870700
TNA was a billion times more entertaining than WWE when Russo was writing it in 2007-09
>>
>>1870964
/thread
>>
File: 1468450414946.gif (456KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
1468450414946.gif
456KB, 160x159px
>>1870691
>TNA fans still trying to take credit for AJ when he really wasn't AJ until Japan
>>
>>1870691
Who basically stacked Smackdown during WWEs best ever quality shows in 02-04? ECW alumni.
ECW wasnt really about imitating All Japan and aiming for 5 star technical wrestling matches, it was more a variety performance company that took off due to the initial buzz of hardcore wrestling in the US.
One thing they did achieve unlike TNA was not taking viewers for idiots.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.