[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets laugh at Star Ratings together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Roman_Reigns_2015.jpg (188KB, 261x483px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns_2015.jpg
188KB, 261x483px
For shits and giggles I actually decided to read a bunch of star ratings Meltzer gave a bunch of matches. Did you guys know the lowest star rating Roman Reigns has even gotten was a * 3/4 for winning the Royal Rumble? The 2nd lowest was The Shield vs The New Age Outlaws and Kane which got ** 1/2 stars. All of his matches are consistently 3-4 stars non stop. Roman is swimming in Gold Stars.

>Summerslam 2008: Intercontinental and Womens Championship mixed Gender match got * 3/4 stars and the people involved in that match were Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston.

>TLC 2009: Randy Orton vs Kofi Kingston got ** 3/4 stars that was the angle where Kofi totaled Orton’s Nascar with paint and smashed the windshield with a baseball bat. That was also the moment that Orton politiced Kofi so hard he’d never get a World Championship push ever in his lfe.

>Hell in a Cell 2009: Kofi Kingston vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger ** stars

>Breaking Point 2009: Kofi Kingston vs The Miz ** 3/4 stars

>Extreme Rules 2009: Kofi Kingston vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs William Regal ** stars

>TLC 2010: Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger vs Dolph Ziggler ** 3/4 stars

>Bragging Rights 2010: Team Raw vs Team Smackdown Elimination Match ** 3/4 stars

>Night of Champions 2010: Ziggler vs Kingston ** 1/2 stars

>Summerslam 2010: Ziggler vs Kingston * 1/2 stars

>Over the Limit 2010: Kingston vs Drew McIntyre * 3/4 stars
>>
>the city of kofi

Also since going solo, I'm pretty sure Roman hasn't gotten less than 3.5 stars. He got fucking 4 stars with BEEG
>>
Hulk Hogan getting so many negative star matches is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>1869938
>Hoganfag realizing his idol is shit
>>
>>1869937

That angers me in words that cannot be simply transcribed in pleasant tones of voice
>>
File: 1473832476945.jpg (80KB, 540x657px) Image search: [Google]
1473832476945.jpg
80KB, 540x657px
>>1869941
>thinking le meltz's tard stars matter to anyone who isn't an obese neckbeard
>>
>>1869918
Any time he gives a womens "wrestling" match more than 2 stars I just completely disregard him
>>
>>1869918

Big Dog Roman reigning in the Meltzmeme stars while indy shitters kill themselves working flippy shit style, just hoping to even get one star from Dave.
>>
>>1869944
>mad that someone is talented and good at wrestling

State of smarks
>>
>>1870978

You don't get a fucking 4 star match with Big Show

No

This just doesn't happen
>>
>>1869918
>bothering with all this
All you need to know to be sure that he's a hack is the fact that he gave a diva 17 five star matches mostly in the span of a few years
>>
>>1871103

Pretty sure most Divas matches haven't gone above 2 stars maybe a 3 star match which is being generous
>>
>>1869918
Isn't it interesting that the more the WWE tries to push match quality (the new WWE game has star ratings as a fucking mechanic) the more people stop giving a shit about wrestling? It's almost like the majority of wrestling fans don't give a shit about match quality unless if there is a good storyline and good characters involved.
>>
>>1871047
Based Big Dog can
>>
>>1871466
People started tuning out because Cena's decade of destruction as well as a general lack of creativite direction. They're now trying to cater to the only fans they have left i.e. the hardcore fans, in a bid to stop their audience dwindling even further.
>>
>>1871506
Actually ratings dropped after turning Stone Cold heel. Regardless, WWE's viewership dropped about a million over the last year, right? So the point still stands.
>>
I think Meltz just rates on a different scale than most wrestling fans.

Like, okay, two of Roman's highest rated matches, Extreme Rules and Fastlane. They're both 4.5s and you can see why. They were main event matches, they were very good matches and they felt really important and the crowd was into them.

But the finishes of those two matches just kills them for me and for a lot of people, I think. Let's look at them.

>Roman is in the Kimura Lock for nearly a full minute, Ambrose knocks Lesnar off Roman with a chair, then blasts Roman with the chair for good measure. Lesnar is completely stunned and bails the fuck out of the ring. Roman instantly gets up, spears Dean and wins.

>Roman takes a Styles Clash, kicks out, then takes a Styles Clash on to a steel chair. AJ covers him, the Usos pull AJ off for maybe a second, then AJ covers him again, Roman kicks out at two. AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm, Roman spears him out of midair and wins.

I don't think stuff like that really registers for Meltz, but it makes me wanna pull my hair out. Even half a year later, when AJ is the champion, that Extreme Rules finish still makes me wince.
>>
>babby /wwe/ marks just learning that Meltz is a mark for company aces

>>1871466
Yeah, those HHH matches in the early 2000s were classics...

>>1871912
Yeah, that big drop happened right after Reigns won the Royal Rumble.

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
>>1871956
The big drop happened during Seth's reign.
>>
>>1871956
>>1871959
It's a mix of both. Roman winning the Rumble fucked off a lot of people, but then they piqued a lot of people's interest with Seth's cash-in (Raw after Mania 2015 has the highest ratings in like the past three years I think?), then Seth's reign was godawful on TV.

Not like Roman managed to make them recover once they put the belt on him. There's a reason that Dean was briefly the most over champ since Bryan, it's because people were sick to fucking death of Seth and Roman's shitty characters and boring-ass promos, regardless of their wrestling ability.
>>
>>1871975
Deans title reign had the lowest ratings of the three even excluding the July 4 episode
>>
>>1871989
I'm pretty sure the Raw after MitB had the highest rating in like a year, except for the Raw after Mania '32, didn't it?
>>
>>1872005
You mean a post ppv with a title change that wasn't telegraphed like say with a full time wrestler vs a guy that was semi-retired, popped a single rating? Sure. Then Roman got suspended for 30 days and Raw had the lowest ratings of the year for that duration of time. Even had a free wwe title match on tv and it did less than 3 million viewers. Such draws dean and Seth are.
>>
>>1872020
It's not their fault they can't get outta the hole after Romannetty has run the company into the ground.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.