[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer on American Alpha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

>Dave Meltzer on American Alpha: "They were so over when they got drafted, and they're just nothing now"

Is he right?
>>
they need to turn jj heel now
>>
No. They were never over.
>>
>>1865394
No, they're getting really good reactions and the losses to the Usos have given fans some level of cause to rally behind.
He's a stupid mark.
>>
They were really over but they haven't done jack shit since being called up. Does this sound familliar?
>>
>>1865407

Apollo Crews/Tyler Breeze/Neville know that feel.
>>
They showed up and then Gable got the shit beaten out of him every week, now he looks weak and they've lost all their buzz, just to get the fucking Usos over as heels.
>>
>>1865412
>they were really over
>Apollo Crews
>>
>>1865394
Are they supposed to be a gay couple?
>>
>>1865394
They aren't as over as big cass and Enzo but once they get into a match they get good pops
>>
>>1865394
I don't think it's fair to think of someone or a group as being over when it's the same Full Sail crowd week-in and week-out. Yes they were over in Europe, but at that time the precedent was already set and you can disagree as much as you want, but fans are fickle and adopt a sheep mentality ever so quickly. It would have been cool to cheer them.

Wasn't there also that story that broke a while back of several Full Sail fans organizing chants to get certain talent over because they hung around with them after the show? The Vaudevillains and Tyler Breeze come to mind.

Even if the sheep mentality carried over to the main-shows, it will only carry you so much. Then the shitty booking happens and then you see what their reactions really are.
>>
>>1865394
SMARKS BTFO..
>Muhhh tag-team division will be much better if they debuted on the main show
I hope I've taken a screenshot before this shit show happened good thing I have some for Nakamura, Roode and Asuka, I'm gonna shitpost hard as soon as smarks turn against them
>>
Heel Usos and Slater and Rhyno got over because they have good characters, as good as Jordan and Gable are in the ring they simply aren't entertaining like them.
>>
>>1865394
Can we, as a board, just agree to stop listening to Meltzer? Giving an attention whore attention is like handing a heroin addict the needle
>>
>>1865394
Why the fuck do people keep acting like the Full Sail crowd are the majority?

We see it all the time. The full sail crowd get homer's over wrestlers and then they flop on the main roster.
>>
Maybe because they're great in the ring but have nothing interesting about their characters. They're literally just athletic and enthusiastic. They're basically Kurt Angle without the charisma, or a watered down Hype Bros. They should have brought up the Revival instead, based both in and out of the ring
>>
>meme wrestlers of NXT become shit on the main roster
wew lad what a surprise!
>>
>>1865463
Russo proven right again.

characters > wrestling
>>
>>1865549
It's almost as if HHH knows jack shit about making a star, the only "over" people to come out of NxT are the former indy guys. Look at the jobber gimmicks like Tye Dillenger, No Way Jose etc and try to tell me HHH knows what he is doing, the only thing he is doing is appealing to full sail and that doesn't mean shit longterm.
>>
>>1865553
I wonder VinnyMac and Kevin Dunn really miss Russo that much since he fired him into the Attitude Era.
>>
>>1866121

I heard russo left the wwf for the wcw money, he was never fired. But he left on bad terms. I would wager vince would have brought back russo, if russo ate crow and apologized for being a bitch.
>>
>>1865427
This.. the fuckin usos of all people as well, who've done nothing for last 7-8 years but coast along as mildmannered interchangeable babyfaces, with no character traits to distinguish jimmy from jay. what a dull fucking team. If they still need building up after 7 years, it's time to pull the fuckin plug on these guys, stealing the young bucks trademark moves isnt evolving either, its just lazy as shit. In about 5 years they'll be really fat as well, you can already see their body shape changing
>>
>>1866055
The four horsewomen are over just for him.
>>
>>1866148
I'm kinda sure Vince would take back Russo when shit gets worsen with the WWE, now it's great opportunity for Vince to get him back asap.
>>
>>1866180
and his wife too
>>
>>1866055
What are you talking about, I'm by no means a H fan, but even I know he has little creative control on the main brands, Vince still has the final say-so on what the writers make the wrestlers do/say.

NXT farmed some decent talent that they just dont know how to push. Add in that there's a fear element to the talent pushing back on shitty ideas just so they can afford to eat next month and you have a dull homogenised product that equally appeals to and offends no-one.
>>
File: 1452908287922.jpg (16KB, 281x349px) Image search: [Google]
1452908287922.jpg
16KB, 281x349px
>>1865394
What should they have done, get drafted and immediately win the tag team championship? Fuck no, >Le Meltz is a retarded smark who doesn't know what he's talking about. Right now Slater and Rhyno are hot and super over as face champs, the only proper heel team to feud with the champions is the Usos. So American Alpha are waiting their turn, building their character, and putting over the Usos as dirty heels.

AA now has legit heat with the Usos since they tried to injure Gable, and Jordan looks like a heroic dude for refusing to tag in the injured Gable. It makes them look like they're true bros and it makes them super likable, and it makes the Usos look like dicks. When AA finally does beat the Usos to win the belts, it will be satisfying as hell.

When you throw a smark darling right into the main event you end up with Finn Balor. When you take your time, build their character, and give them a good storyline, you get AJ Styles.
>>
>>1866148
Russo left the day before a TV taping, taking Ed ferrera, a piece of shit stooge fellow writer of his, with him. He called mcmahon on the phone to quit rather than do it in person.

It was a blessing in disguise for mcmahon though, as wcw took away the filter on a guy who could come up with 99 shit ideas and 1 good one and the result was something like 20-30 title changes in 2 years, including himself and arquette, endless run-ins and NWO incarnations and a fatigued audience who simply lost interest in an incoherent product which was wasting too much money on talent and pet projects.
>>
>>1865394
No, it's way too early to call that.
>>
>>1865394

The creative team knew that they shouldn't be pushed so fast, but there's not much for them to do. The best that can happen is that The Revival get called up sometime after SS as well as AA overcoming the Usos around the same time.
>>
>>1866188
Most NXT gimmicks are goofy shit that only gets over with kids and the niche NXT audience.
>>
>>1866121
They actually brought him back in 03-04, he wanted to change up a fuckload of shit that directly went against what Stephanie wanted.

He literally lasted a day.
>>
>>1866202

Why would you want the fresh tag team who is currently most popular and have all the making of stars, to be used to build up a stale older established act that nobody really pays to see anymore? Is this the hulkamania era?

You can't get heat built up with 50:50 booking either, wars of attrition are dull as fuck, and with such a small roster of tag teams, you should be trying to build heels and faces on opposite sides of a pyramid to meet at the top at a big ppv, not feuding on the same side.. - uso's should have been fed another bunch of teams, or even just have them acting like shits backstage to singles wrestlers who eventually team up to fight (and lose) and keep them away from alpha until it actually means something for the good guy to put a stop to the bad guys reign of terror.

You don't start and stop a reign of terror on the same team
>>
>>1866243
>HHH knows jack shit about making a star, the only "over" people to come out of NxT are the former indy guys

>Most NXT gimmicks are goofy shit that only gets over with kids and the niche NXT audience.

So you're saying the NXT talent is not over with anyone except with the NXT audience..Isnt that mission accomplished?

You do realise NXT is purely to develop the talents mat and promo skills, try out a gimmick that suits their personality etc.. but when they get to Raw or SD is where they should be made proper 'stars'. it doesnt matter how over or talented you were before you joined the brand if they treat you like a side show in the roman/cena circus. And how they treat the talent on the main shows is not down to H' - so I think your hate is a bit misguided here.

Dont get me wrong, H is a shitebag, but he seems to be a shitebag who occassionally does something right (albeit accidentally or for selfih reasons)
>>
>>1865436
No, you're thinking of the Hype Bros.
>>
>>1865436
no that's breezango
>>
>>1866184
It seems that cornette won in the end. Haitch is really trying to turn the wwe into an indy fed.

>>1866225
kek shit im pretty tired so Im not sure if you intentionally sounded like the corny shoot. It was fucked up with russo did, but wcw had a strong run until the money man ted decided he didnt give a shit anymore.
>>
>>1866267
AA are rookies though, it's not a burial for them to lose to veteran heels via tons of cheating. The seed for the storyline has been planted, the Usos used dirty tactics to put AA's careers in jeopardy and their rise to the top. Now AA can feud with other teams while the Usos fight Rhyno + Slater for the belts. AA get some more good matches and wins under their belt against other competition, the Usos eventually cheat Rhyno + Slater out of their titles and become top heels. AA already have bad blood established, they come out full force against the Usos and eventually win the belts, at which point they are free to go on a long title reign as likable faces against any other heel team. I can't think of a better way to do it.
>>
>>1865537
Full sail crowds are awesome though
>>
>>1865452
>Wasn't there also that story that broke a while back of several Full Sail fans organizing chants to get certain talent over because they hung around with them after the show? The Vaudevillains and Tyler Breeze come to mind.
rofl what
>>
>>1866267
>Why would you want the fresh tag team who is currently most popular and have all the making of stars, to be used to build up a stale older established act that nobody really pays to see anymore?

Because the Usos are working as very effective Heels, they're feuding with Slyno (the team more over than AA) to make THEM more over as babyfaces, and AA have gained a pair of believable foes to overcome after simmering in the undercard, waiting for Slyno's heat to dissipate, making it all-the-more satisfying when they do hit that high. As opposed to hitting it now, usurping Slyno's spotlight, and the whole thing feeling less monumental for it.
>>
>>1865394
>ready
>willing
>failed
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.