[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is the atmosphere different at house shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>>
It's awful. Fat neckbeards and annoying children everywhere
>>
>>1865313
You see match ups and results that would seem weird and out of place on the "canon" card

Seen Rhyno fake an injury to catch Test off guard with a Gore out of nowhere in 2004

Seen Trippple job to Matt Hardy in a no DQ match

Seen Orton and Bray Wyatt beat Hype Bros in a hilarious reversal of what would come later
>>
No smarks trying to hijack the show
>>
>>1865325
Shaemus holding his own in a 10 minute match against Brock was also kinda funny
>>
>>1865333
I've only been to one house show because I'm a youngfag, and there were a group of vocal smarks near ringside who started most chants, including trying to start smarky chants. Though this was an NXT house show, so that may be why.

As far as OP's question goes, you'll also see hometown wrestlers, if on the card, go over much more established names. I was at NXT Cincinnati this year and Angelo Dawkins beat Cien, which is just never ever going to happen on TV.
>>
I've been to two house shows. One for NXT, other for main roster.

NXT was fun. Crowd was energetic. Lots of chants. Just a great atmosphere and a good time.

The WWE Live house show was less so. There were a bunch of kids who were pretty much only wanted to see New Day XDDDDD.

Some of the NXT talent was touring with the main roster at the time and during a Natalya vs Asuka match for the NXT women's title (go figure) I remember hearing some kids behind me remark "I don't know who that one is so I'm cheering for Natalya." even though she was a blatant heel.

It was still fun to see a lot of them perform live but it felt dead in there.
>>
Kayfabe goes out the window in house shows
>>
>>1865333
lol
>>
>>1865353
>NXT was fun. Crowd was energetic. Lots of chants. Just a great atmosphere and a good time.
NXT Cincy Anon again, that's absolutely true. I think it was Jojo that was there with Tom Phillips presenting the whole thing, and she let a little girl in the front row introduce Bayley. The girl was so overwhelmed that she was barely able to be coherent. It was just fun to see, especially when Bayley made a point of hugging the girl on her way down.
>>
Haven't been to a house show in more than a decade but the smackdown show I went to had a dark match after a main event taping and it was super fun. They seemed more relaxed and hammed it up a bit.
>>
Chris Jericho and Seth Rollins were both arguing that they were the biggest wanker, they thought wanker was a compliment. It was pretty funny.
>>
>>1865313
It used to be awesome and it was a place where a lot of fun shit went down.

Now it's the ice capades. Just a cheap thing to distract kids for an afternoon.
>>
Was at two back to back for Raw and Smackdown in Dublin with my dad when I was younger, even stayed in the same hotel as the wrestlers so got to meet all of them, was pretty cool.
Anyway the house shows were pretty fun, can't remember most of it, mostly remember meeting the wrestlers after the show, but like everyone else is saying, there were matches you wouldn't see much of. Won't forget the main event though. This was back when Sheamus was really pretty big. The main event for one of them was John Cena vs Sheamus for the WWE or Heavyweight championship (held by Cena at the time I think.)
I've never heard more boos for Cena than that night, he cut a small promo and then Sheamus's music hit, and the place went fucking mental, thinking back that must of been what the attitude area was like, the entire crowd reacted to everything in the match. BMJ ended up winning in the end, not to boos but more to a sound of when a home team loses, hard to describe. Sheamus pulls hinself uo in the corner and Cena stands in the middle if the ring with the belt. Cuts a promo about Sheamus and Ireland, and how amazing the crowd was tonight, supporting Sheamus and all that good stuff. Drops the belt on the floor and calls him over and he ends with shaking his hand as he gets out of the ring, leaving the belt there. Sheamus picks it up, does his own speech, ends up raising it up and shouting, huge pop again as he starts to hop into the crowd at different sections. Was a great experience. Have a few funny/nice experiences from then if any of ye want to hear them.
>>
>>1866012

I was at the NXT event in Dublin a few months ago, I'd never been to one before, but the atmosphere was incredibly charged. I chatted to a lot of others afterwards who'd been to previous house shows in Dublin, but they said it'd never been as rabid a crowd as that night.

Balor and Joe main evented, the crowd never fell silent for the entire match, Joe kept looking out into the crowd like he couldn't believe how hot it was. Much as the crowd loved Balor, they were mesmerized by Nakamura and he got the nights biggest pop, fighting Bobby Roode (pre glorious theme sadly)

Bayley was really over too, she teamed with carmella (who also got a respectable pop, its sad to see her get crickets on Raw now).Bayley accidentally ripped a bit of ring apron off the side and spent a few minutes trying to fix it with the crowd cheering her on with 'Save - the apron" chants, really funny. They faced Bliss and Nia in tag action, which had a pretty funny masterblaster spot with carmella on bayleys shoulders, and Nia teasing climbing onto bliss's shoulders. Bliss is fucking gorgeous in person, a really striking woman.
>>
>>1866069
You an Irishbro? Cork man here if you are.

Good to hear about that NXT show, hope you had a good time there. I would've imagine Bliss is gorgeous in real life too, just has that cute look about her.

It was a crazy night. It was the exact same for the Sheamus vs Cena match that night, never once was there a lull. I wonder how the wrestlers feel when they go to these places and get those type of reactions.

I met Kane when I was there, you do not understand the size of the man until you meet him in person. His hand took up a big amount of my back during a picture. TV doesn't do him justice.

Found the show I went to. http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/180767-wwe-house-show-results-410-sheamus-returns-to-dublin
Was a small bit wrong on how it played out but that's definitely it. It was 6 years ago to be fair.

Would love to go to one again, just to see how the crowd is.
>>
I've only been to one house show, and it was NXT Asbury Park back in Feb. Even though I don't watch NXT, It was cheap and close by.

Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss

Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley

Carmella vs. Peyton Royce

Enzo and Cass vs Vaudevillians (E&C got the bigges pop of the night to no surprise)

Austin Aries (before official debut) vs. Elias Samson

Bayley vs Eva Maria for the NXTWC

Finn Balor & Sami Zayn vs Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin

It was okay.
>>
pretty excited for NXT Australia in December. Nakamura vs Joe in a steel cage.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.