[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they do this again? What did they expect to gain from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: WWE_DRAFT_LOGO.jpg (529KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_DRAFT_LOGO.jpg
529KB, 1920x1080px
Why did they do this again? What did they expect to gain from splitting up the roster so soon after the last brand split ended? That's a lot of effort to expend just to shake things up.
>>
>>1854017
It has shaken things up though. Smackdown is a solid show and is actually giving people opportunities. I doubt AJ would have gotten the title if he was still on Raw. Miz would be stuck fighting people like Kalisto in 5 minute matches.
>>
>>1854017
USA network pressured them because of SD's rating, it's not that Vince wants to shaken things up 2bh
>>
USA wanted it because they wanted better ratings for SmackDown and t's been slow, but SmackDown's ratings are going up.

Quality-wise, it has been a net gain. Raw's no worse than it was before the split, low bar, I know, and SmackDown is much, much better.
>>
>>1854017
>tfw smarks trying to point the blame on Vince/Haitch but it's actually USA network who pulled the strings episode
>>
>>1854031
This. If it didn't happen, it just would have remained the Shield show on both shows. This and the fact it gives people a reason to actually watch Smackdown. Seriously, how many of us have only started watching Smackdown again since the brand split.

I feel like trying to blame poor story telling only having half a roster is such bullshit when they have plenty of people to do it with and half a roster they were never using to begin with.
>>
>>1854043
>Raw's no worse than it was before the split, low bar, I know, and SmackDown is much, much better.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
I think having a tag division on SD was a mistake, there aren't any good teams and the singles talent is thin enough that it could benefit from Slater/Rhyno/Breeze/Ryder/maybe one of the Usos competing in the midcard, and sending AA to RAW. The singles talent on SD is a joke at the moment.

Outside of that, the split has gone pretty well.
>>
>>1854017
they have so many guys that weren't being used but needed tv time. so they shipped all the B+ players to smackdown
>>
>>1854076
While I thinking having a brand split is a good thing, there was no need to have exclusive world, women and tag champions.
>>
>>1854082

The women's championship and world title scenes on RAW and SD are pretty comparable in terms of watchability and talent, but the SD tag and midcard scenes are dogshit compared to RAW.

We are one Dolph/Miz rematch away from having to watch Corbin in an IC title match. We are one PPV away from Vaudevillains vs Usos vs Hype Bros for the belts. It's a fucking nightmare
>>
>>1854017
to give more of the roster a chance
>>
>>1854041
>>1854043
>>1854048

Huh. Now I know better. Doesn't Vince have any clout in his arrangement with NBC? Bad as WWE is, it's probably that channel's biggest draw right now...you'd think Vince would have more leeway.
>>
>>1854102
It's not like it was some terrible thing for WWE. Splitting the roster gives more people a chance, lets them do more house shows, lets them do more PPVs, lets them sell more merch, gets more eyes on the product.

It's a mutually beneficial thing, man. You don't have to look at it as a negative.
>>
>>1854076
Slater and Rhyno wouldn't have gotten as over as they did without the SmackDown tag team division, man. SmackDown's tag team division is fine. Much better than Raw's.

I think they could stand to break up one of Vaudevillains or Breezeango. Either English or Breeze can be a good midcarder.
>>
I stopped watch just before the split. But re upped The Network today and am watching the Ppv from last night.

Anyway, is Raw and Smackdown actually ran by a different crew? Or is it just Kayfabe?
>>
>>1854114
Vaudevillains would be fine, English is great, Gotch is shit.
>>
>>1854102

Legit gossip:

>Why the 'writers'? Vince, Steph, Mr Stephanie McMahon will all tell you it's to modernize/legitamize the product, but the 'creative team' was put in place at the insistance of the TV networks.
>Now you also know why the writing team past/present is mostly jewish.
>>
>>1854119
Push English, future endeavors Gotch after doing a segment where he gets hit in the face with a soda can.
>>
File: 1475342917156.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1475342917156.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
I didn't watch wrestling before or after the first nine-year brand split and I only started up again recently with this second one, so it's all I know. Why do people not like it? Why do you want the same show with the same roster and the same storylines and the same champions twice a week and at every single PPV? Why even bother having two different shows if there's nothing different about them? I seriously don't understand. A brand splt to me seems like the only logical choice for a company as large as WWE, and the most entertaining choice from a fan's perspective. Part of the grandeur of Big 4 PPVs like Summerslam and Survivor Series was that they were these super rare occasions in which wrestlers from both shows interacted with one another. Without a brand split they're just regular PPVs. If a Raw guy ran showed up out of the blue on Smackdown, it was a huge deal, and the draft was always fun to watch. The inter-brand rivalry and banter was great. This very board even showcases that with the Rawtists getting BTFO each week.

How can you possibly not like the brand split?
>>
i just hope they have the balls to end it after a year or so. last time it lasted for an eternity. and every day all people would do is beg for the brand split to end. now we have it again and it is god awful, worse than last time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.